Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Guys can someone guide me for what Ocean uses for rendering? It`s different and I saw this style in 2 other games. Is he using Blender instead of Daz? Or is it about assets? This style is kinda unique from its rivals. Thank you.
Ocean uses DAZ and Blender for his images, with a hearty seasoning of modified DAZ characters. While you can recognise most base DAZ characters used, they are modified and reworked to a high degree. in addition, Ocean takes the time to work on the background of a pic as well. e.g. we can see people moving, tallking in a bar or the customers at a petrol station are not static, but there is some coming and going.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
Another thing about the rework.

It has been too much time since I last played the original version, but it has charm. However, Ocean stated that he no longer supports his original vision for the game. This means that, if he kept developing the game and had the change of heart, everybody would feel the absence of passion after some update. (If this would be a true in another universe, I don't know.)

I prefer to play a SG that Ocean stands for, even if the previous version had its charm. However, since it has become a road not travelled, the uncertain possible future of the original SG is something that will be left open to interpretation and theory.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
However, Ocean stated that he no longer supports his original vision for the game.
I was made to understand that SG was from a different creator and not Oceans originally (Unless I was baited). All he had to do was keep following the script that was given to him.

Either way, this is somewhat of a moot topic at this point. We will simply have to be patient and see what Ocean has in store for us at the next update. If it's going to be more redone crap or some actual story progression finally. I just hope that in the end this thread doesn't surpass the game story-wise in terms of being interesting I mean.

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
I was made to understand that SG was from a different creator and not Oceans originally (Unless I was baited). All he had to do was keep following the script that was given to him.
SG is Ocean's, just like WIAB. At first, he had help from Regium to render/make art for SG which he already had the idea, but later Regium had to leave the project. So, SG was always Ocean's story.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Guys can someone guide me for what Ocean uses for rendering? It`s different and I saw this style in 2 other games. Is he using Blender instead of Daz? Or is it about assets? This style is kinda unique from its rivals. Thank you.
Ocean uses DAZ and Blender for his images, with a hearty seasoning of modified DAZ characters. While you can recognise most base DAZ characters used, they are modified and reworked to a high degree. in addition, Ocean takes the time to work on the background of a pic as well. e.g. we can see people moving, tallking in a bar or the customers at a petrol station are not static, but there is some coming and going.
Ocean also is a master of lighting. That adds depth and dimension to a scene. He posted his rendering rig on here at one point and it's the equivalent of a Formula 1 race car compared to a lot of people rendering computers. More horsepower means more complex renders are possible. Layout, depth of field, lighting, textures; it all adds up.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Ocean also is a master of lighting. That adds depth and dimension to a scene. He posted his rendering rig on here at one point and it's the equivalent of a Formula 1 race car compared to a lot of people rendering computers. More horsepower means more complex renders are possible. Layout, depth of field, lighting, textures; it all adds up.
Agree, but it's a thin line between making too little or too much. You can check all boxes and have a scene rendered in hours or you uncheck some boxes and finish in 20 minutes and the consumer can't see the difference.

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Hey folks o/

Came to this one from WIAB! But, from what I am reading, this one seems to be a pretty story focused game. Generally, I enjoy story heavy offerings, but I generally avoid starting one if they are in the middle of WIP as I'm not a big fan of cliffhangers.

So put it short, as far as present content goes, how much of reading value can I expect out of this? Is the story fleshed out enough that there are meaningful routes to enjoy? Also, one last bit, was their any information shared by Ocean that tracks how far the game is from completion?

I understand that there is no sexual content currently and I'm cool with that as that is not priority for me, but I'm curious about the other aspects.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
how much of reading value can I expect out of this?
In hours? I dunno, depends how fast you read. Probably 3 or 4 hours?
Is the story fleshed out enough that there are meaningful routes to enjoy?
Yes.
was their any information shared by Ocean that tracks how far the game is from completion?
The game should be around 30 chapters, we're at chapter 4.5.
Next update (chapter 5) will conclude the first season, so it'll be more polished.

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Thank you for the reply!

Wow, the story is still a ways off then. 25 more chapters still to go- all the while while also developing Where It All Began.. At this pace, it sounds like it will be a while before either of them will reach the end.

Guess I'll play what there is currently and then swing around in a year to check up on it.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I would love to see some light shed on this. For years I've been going crazy wondering why I liked the old SG so much and like this newer version so little. I've mentioned multiple times before that in the early days the dialogue was SOOOO fucking much better. Much more profound and impactful than what we have now. The story was far more emotional. Much more was left to interpretation than spoon fed.

If that, let's call it "theory" really is true and Ocean was collabing with someone else, or took over the project for someone else, that would explain why I've been getting more and more turned off with each new update. What I liked was someone else's vision for the game.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Either way, this is somewhat of a moot topic at this point. We will simply have to be patient and see what Ocean has in store for us at the next update. If it's going to be more redone crap or some actual story progression finally. I just hope that in the end this thread doesn't surpass the game story-wise in terms of being interesting I mean.
The story was always Ocean's, but the first chapter and some of the second (original) was made by Regium, towards the end of chapter 2 (original) Ocean had to make renders too, since regium was not advancing with the work (you can search in the first days of this thread) and by the beginning of the development of chapter 3 Ocean was left alone.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
SG is Ocean's, just like WIAB. At first, he had help from Regium to render/make art for SG which he already had the idea, but later Regium had to leave the project. So, SG was always Ocean's story.
The story was always Ocean's, but the first chapter and some of the second (original) was made by Regium, towards the end of chapter 2 (original) Ocean had to make renders too, since regium was not advancing with the work (you can search in the first days of this thread) and by the beginning of the development of chapter 3 Ocean was left alone.
Thank you, that was more informative than the last person who tried explaining it.
Last time it probably got lost in translation or something.

Either way, next update will determine if I give up on this title or not. :unsure:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Thank you for the reply!

Wow, the story is still a ways off then. 25 more chapters still to go- all the while while also developing Where It All Began.. At this pace, it sounds like it will be a while before either of them will reach the end.

Guess I'll play what there is currently and then swing around in a year to check up on it.
Ocean is definitely really great making art, there are very few games out on F95 which come even close. With DAZ stuff devs like Palegrass(Lisa), Zetan(Desert Stalker), Guter Reiter(Exciting Games), 1Thousand(Deliverance, Cybernetic Seduction), Stoper (Jessica O´Neill), After Choices(Free Pass), Dimajio333 (Lost in Paradise), L&P (A wife and mother) and while there are a couple more, it starts to thin out with graphics level soon after them. (Stoper and L&P are slower than the continental drift though)
For Honey Select, we have Caribdis(Eternum), GiL3D(Pale Carnations) and Ollane (Tomie wanna get married) the absolute Gurus with HS. Look at their games what is possible with this render engine.

But I think Ocean´s biggest enemy when it comes to graphics is time. He is one of the absolute best with DAZ and Blender (esp. as a more or less 1 person with some helpers show), still the graphic and art programs are pushing forward. Just take Unreal and Krita as examples together with the new Randomiser and AI stuff.
I am a real noob with graphics design, but here is the result of my first 10 minutes rendez-vous with "Metahuman", a try at Ayua fanart. Far from the best, but not all too shabby, I would say.

Screenshot(810).png

And If I can get such a result with newbie fumbling around, what can the experienced boys´n girls do with such stuff! I think creating art will take some unusual forks and turns in the future.

Last edited:

VicLex22

Oct 31, 2022
Yes, the lighting and camera work are very cinematic. Not just the animated cut scenes, but also the static scenes. It's one of the first things that I noticed about Ocean's work and I absolutely love it.
It's obvious he knows more about the technical details of movie production than an average joe and pays lots of attention to his scenes from that educated, artistic point of view.
I think not only many SG fans will agree with you, but also the developers of another wonderful VN :love:
Chasing Sunsets [v0.8a] [Stone Fox Studios] Titles:
ChasingSunset 07 titles.jpg

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I think not only many SG fans will agree with you, but also the developers of another wonderful VN :love:
Chasing Sunsets [v0.8a] [Stone Fox Studios] Titles:
View attachment 2694424
I'm pleased to see dev's helping each other and giving credit - but I also like the shared universe where we get cameos of primarily the women from other VN's. This is a good plug for other creators and gives me at least one new VN to check out.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes