Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
The Nami slander going on in this thread is offensive. How dare any of you think Nami could be involved in Summer's disappearance in an intentional way? She really doesn't have the right kind of personality to hide a dark secret like that for years.

It's been a while since my last playthrough, but don't Nami and Nika have a secret about Summer's disappearance that hasn't been revealed to us yet? I think there was a scene where Nika told Nami he'd have to tell Amber something about their past, but I might not be remembering things correctly. If Nami had anything to do with Summer's disappearance Nika would have never forgiven her.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
The Nami slander going on in this thread is offensive. How dare any of you think Nami could be involved in Summer's disappearance in an intentional way? She really doesn't have the right kind of personality to hide a dark secret like that for years.

It's been a while since my last playthrough, but don't Nami and Nika have a secret about Summer's disappearance that hasn't been revealed to us yet? I think there was a scene where Nika told Nami he'd have to tell Amber something about their past, but I might not be remembering things correctly. If Nami had anything to do with Summer's disappearance Nika would have never forgiven her.
"If Nami had anything to do with Summer's disappearance Nika would have never forgiven her."

If he knew, or found out, maybe. The Ruby Goddess is pretty smart and sneaky. Nami is the best girl, she can get away with anything if she puts her mind to it. :love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Nami-haters are just jealous because their girls aren't as good

Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
The Ruby Goddess is pretty smart and sneaky.
I can't argue with that, but I still don't think she'd be able to keep such a dark secret to herself for years. She's a pretty sensitive person so I imagine having a secret like that would be torture for her. Especially if it's a secret she's keeping from Nika.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021

I have other theory, if i remember good Nika can´t remember a time in his past, maybe he did something to her and that´s why she left?? This would explain the trauma (he can´t remember what he did but the trauma is still there). I prefer the theory of a darker Nami but this can be possible right?

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I have other theory, if i remember good Nika can´t remember a time in his past, maybe he did something to her and that´s why she left?? This would explain the trauma (he can´t remember what he did but the trauma is still there). I prefer the theory of a darker Nami but this can be possible right?
I read few comments, it seams nobody believe that a beautiful Ruby Goddess Cheeto can have dark thoughts or do anything wrong to Summer... Even if Summer's gone... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Don Sucio

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022

I wish the big secret was that Nami killed her on accident and then the MC helped her cover it up by chopping her body into pieces and burying it around the cabin. She was a vile teen. Literally the only character in the game I legitimately hate so far. The way she treats Nami, Elsa and even the MC just makes me want to strangle her.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
"If Nami had anything to do with Summer's disappearance Nika would have never forgiven her."

If he knew, or found out, maybe. The Ruby Goddess is pretty smart and sneaky. Nami is the best girl, she can get away with anything if she puts her mind to it. :love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Nami-haters are just jealous because their girls aren't as good
I read few comments, it seams nobody believe that a beautiful Ruby Goddess Cheeto can have dark thoughts or do anything wrong to Summer... Even if Summer's gone... :ROFLMAO:
While being an interesting theory, what some of the "Nami did it" proposer seem to forget is the status of Nika when found back in the day. We have the hospital flashback, which cannot be from a simple school fight or so, due to the severity of his wounds. That would have made rounds, if it were from school or something. We can be rather sure the flashback is from the day Summer went missing.
Nika came into the hospital with two collapsed lungs and what seemed to be defensive wounds. That was an assault with no regards if Nika makes it. I truly doubt even a "dark Nami" teenager could do this to her friend and the brother she adores and loves. Hiding Summer´s body so well she is never found and keeping the act up with Nika for years.
For that she would have to be a total psychopath, for which we have no evidence and even then it is a stretch. Nami is many things but that is not the Nami we know so far.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I heard it was recommended to play an older version of the game the first time because he was forced to remove some music in later updates, what is your opinion on that?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017

Yeah, he has suppressed memories. He mentions to one of the LIs and to Amber (I could be recalling a different thing though)

And yeah, I think Nami has a dark side or some trauma to process. I joke that any main LI has some deep issue that is going to be worked through alongside Nika's troubles. If the LI is too happy, it is going to be only lewdable. =p
However, I think Nami really did something to Summer that contributed to her kidnapping. Like, if you are feuding with a family member or friend and you receive the news of their demise, I guess you would at least feel something, specially if your last interaction was a fight.
So, I think Nami had a fight with Summer and that was the last time they both saw each other and Nami feels guilty about it. Nevertheless, I also think that she also has another conflict emotion because, I argue, Nami was already in love with Nika when they were kids/teenagers. With Summer gone, she has no rival vying for Nika's attention and I guess she could find some horrible relief about that, making her more conflicted in her role in Nika's life.

Reactions: Don Sucio

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
While being an interesting theory, what some of the "Nami did it" proposer seem to forget is the status of Nika when found back in the day. We have the hospital flashback, which cannot be from a simple school fight or so, due to the severity of his wounds. That would have made rounds, if it were from school or something. We can be rather sure the flashback is from the day Summer went missing.
Nika came into the hospital with two collapsed lungs and what seemed to be defensive wounds. That was an assault with no regards if Nika makes it. I truly doubt even a "dark Nami" teenager could do this to her friend and the brother she adores and loves. Hiding Summer´s body so well she is never found and keeping the act up with Nika for years.
For that she would have to be a total psychopath, for which we have no evidence and even then it is a stretch. Nami is many things but that is not the Nami we know so far.
Other than for humor purposes, I'm not in the "Nami did it" camp at all. In fact, I hate the reworked beginning with the children and spider so much, that I pretty much ignore it all together. The flashbacks are a different thing, I think they explain a lo. Even if Nami felt betrayed by Summer, she wouldn't do anything to permanently harm her, except by accident and even then wouldn't keep quiet about it all these years. I mostly just REALLY hope Summer doesn't show up again. Bringing back characters after you've already built a life without them is a deal killer for me. The story is complicated as hell already without her popping back up. "Summer's Gone" turns into "Summer Returns" and I'm out. Nami and I will go live on and island somewhere.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
The story is complicated as hell already without her popping back up. "Summer's Gone" turns into "Summer Returns" and I'm out. Nami and I will go live on and island somewhere.
I guess for me it largely depends on the 'how' factor. Since we really know very little, there are plenty of scenarios that might fit. Hell, the best reason for Nami to be sorry about things could be because she told Summer's father where she and MC were at. Maybe even suggested they were being "inappropriate" with each other. I suspect most folks would understand a father losing his shit if he thought his little girl were in trouble, and that sort of rage and aggression would certainly explain the injuries sustained.

Maybe she(Summer) will come up again when someone reads about her father being released from prison.

See, we just don't have enough info of any sort to make conclusion or even halfass assumption about events surrounding her absence.

As such, despite Nami clearly being best girl, I am open to a return, if only for story closure as regards the trauma.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I mostly just REALLY hope Summer doesn't show up again. Bringing back characters after you've already built a life without them is a deal killer for me. The story is complicated as hell already without her popping back up. "Summer's Gone" turns into "Summer Returns" and I'm out.
I truly doubt that you will have to face this scenario. Ocean surely knows that when you use the trauma of a missing person in your story, as a vehicle to bring the MC to personal, hard growth, a return of the missing person would diminiss that development. That is a possibility in less severe situations, but in the scenario we see in SG, this is not really an option without devaluing some of Nika´s growth throughout the game. as said, I doubt Ocean will do this.

My current personal main theory on what happened is the Summer fell victim to the same criminal who was responsible for what happened to Bella´s Sis (I think Bella blames her innocent Dad for not stopping it, even if he had no chance to do so in the first place) and Sasha. Remember, Sasha´s scar is NOT a "Schmiss", such a scar would be elsewhere, where Sasha has her scar, a Mensur googlemask covers the face. While a a bit of her cheek could be from a Schmiss wound, the nose is full covered during a Mensur, so this scar cannot be from such an occasion.
So Sasha must have gotten this major scar during an attack on her.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Vopeco

Mar 16, 2020
I heard it was recommended to play an older version of the game the first time because he was forced to remove some music in later updates, what is your opinion on that?
I would recommend playing the Chapter 4 or maybe even the Chapter 4.5 beta, the 4.5 beta still has a lot of the old music I think. If you play the chapter 4 version your save should load right into chapter 4.5 full. However there is also new music that's been added you don't get with the Chapter 4 and I don't think it's in the Chapter 4.5 beta either but I'd still start with the older versions of the game then replay if you want with the Chapter 4.5 full. Chapter 4.5 full(latest download) also adds part of the Chapter 2 rework(way better renders and part story rewrite), so with the older versions mentioned you won't get that keep in mind, your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusader of Romance

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I would recommend playing the Chapter 4 or maybe even the Chapter 4.5 beta, the 4.5 beta still has a lot of the old music I think. If you play the chapter 4 version your save should load right into chapter 4.5 full. However there is also new music that's been added you don't get with the Chapter 4 and I don't think it's in the Chapter 4.5 beta either but I'd still start with the older versions of the game then replay if you want with the Chapter 4.5 full. Chapter 4.5 full(latest download) also adds part of the Chapter 2 rework(way better renders and part story rewrite), so with the older versions mentioned you won't get that keep in mind, your choice.
Thanks, I'll try Chapter 4 and then replay the reworked version. :giggle:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Which version do you recommend?
It would have to be when Chapter 2 came out or before if I remember correctly. I have a version on my computer that was Chapter 3.5 and it already had the little kids and the spider. No teenagers making out in the shack and the police carting Summer off in the night. I wish I'd kept one of the older versions :cry:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I guess for me it largely depends on the 'how' factor. Since we really know very little, there are plenty of scenarios that might fit. Hell, the best reason foe Nami to be sorry abiut things could be because she told Summer's father where she and MC were at. Maybe even suggested they were being "inappropriate" with each other. I suspect most folks would understand a father losing his shit if he thought his little girl were in trouble, and that sort od rage and aggression would certainly explain the injuries sustained.

Maybe she(Summer) will come up again when someone reads about her father being released from prison.

See, we just don't have enough info of any sort to make conclusion or even halfass assumption about events surrounding her absence.

As such, despite Nami clearly being best girl, I am open to a return, if only for story closure as regards the trauma.
Yeah, I don't try and second-guess the devs much. It amazes me how much time and effort people put into trying to figure out all the tin-foil-hat-wearing level of conspiracy and intertwined story arcs they imagine. I pretty much just play and see what happens.

I do love wandering into a thread, dropping a plot grenade or two then running off laughing maniacally :ROFLMAO:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Play the old version if you can find it so you can see the good beginning and a stronger, darker MC.
I couldn't agree with you more if I tried.

I still have the original version, not sure I'll ever get rid of it. The remade scenes so far are disappointing. Making some models look more 'fake' than they already did by making them more fat as if they were all on a diet, and I don't mean for losing weight, more like for adding weight... If the next update brings more disappointments, that'll be it for this title as far as I'm concerned.

I'd have been less disappointed if this VN simply had ended up with an "Abandoned" tag to it, instead of watching it get butchered (I realise that's a pretty strong sentiment and I'm sure it's not indicative of Ocean's worth, but the title had such an amazing kick-off). Sure the renders may look nicer, but the flavor has been lost imho. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time wasted redoing shit that never even needed to be redone, what a horrendous decision that was.

Kinda pointless to even mention any of this now...
I can only hope Ocean has some amazingly sexy rabbit to pull out of his hat to make up for the time wasted.
*shrugs*

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes