hahequ

Apr 17, 2022
Any ayua stan willing to make a new sig with her updated look? (especially from that duo render with Bella at the racing spot)
Ready to pay in nature

Reactions: Insomnia_z

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Turret rudy007 Try this:

Turret, I've read all your messages on languages. Great stuff, I love discussing languages :love:.
I'll share my opinion in this spoiler box.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Or in these times: my habibi.
And other arabic words/phrases seeping in the german language.
Arabic had a huge influence on Spanish during the times where the Muslims conquered the Iberian Peninsula (around 8% of modern Spanish words were derived from Arabic).
Habibi was a word that repeteadly appeared in a type of poems written in the Spanish-Arabic dialect spoken by Christians living in Muslim dominated regions. Now it's your turn. The German that will come out of this will be lovely :HideThePain:

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Turret rudy007 Try this:

Turret, I've read all your messages on languages. Great stuff, I love discussing languages :love:.

Arabic had a huge influence on Spanish during the times where the Muslims conquered the Iberian Peninsula (around 8% of modern Spanish words were derived from Arabic).
Habibi was a word that repeteadly appeared in a type of poems written in the Spanish-Arabic dialect spoken by Christians living in Muslim dominated regions. Now it's your turn. The German that will come out of this will be lovely :HideThePain:

And returning to the main topic, Leia wasn't my favourite in WiAB, but just look at her there.... I caught myself unconsciously trying to find any resemblance between Leia and any of the SG girls.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Well spanish was heavily influenced by the phoenician/catargic languages (due to the pre-roman colonies there). Which originated from the same lands as the arabs/hebrew languages. That never was the case with german. Maybe it is just my old ears, but I lack to find any compatibility YET. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Aristos

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Turret rudy007 Try this:

If you say so. I don't think loanwords are to be considered as a linguistic influence.

I'm Italian, by the way, and I honestly think that castilian and italian are the same language with different phonetic evolution and phonological changes. Basically.

Well spanish was heavily influenced by the phoenician/catargic languages (due to the pre-roman colonies there). Which originated from the same lands as the arabs/hebrew languages. That never was the case with german. Maybe it is just my old ears, but I lack to find any compatibility YET. :D
Ditto. Same as above.

Observe Scout

Sep 14, 2020
I read Summer's Gone: List of known LI statuses It is possible to have Nami/Bella/Victoria ending?

Nami have feeling to MC and willing do anything for MC happiness, even imitate Summer (Lake events)
Bella
pretty sure to have obstacle with Nami but with Victoria i'm sure they'll a good friend each other (Like MC think, say in Victoria house)
Victoria
is positive, optimist and open person, seem like don't mind sharing MC to other girls. (Foursome events in her house)

This text has been translated by machine.

I'm sorry If my explanation doesn't make you understand. this is my first post since i sign up.

This is high quality story game, interesting and mystery since i ever play. (It make me posting of my first post)
And Dev. keep up the good work. (y)

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if she killed Summer, told her a lie to get rid of her, told her she likes the MC or Summer is just with someone else. For a game about Summer, I really couldn't care less about her.
Killed? I think not, but maybe she had a fight with her that made Summer run away crying and that put her in the path of her kidnapper? Maybe.

We need to know Nami's last moments with the duo.

Nov 29, 2020
I read Summer's Gone: List of known LI statuses It is possible to have Nami/Bella/Victoria ending?

Nami have feeling to MC and willing do anything for MC happiness, even imitate Summer (Lake events)
Bella
pretty sure to have obstacle with Nami but with Victoria i'm sure they'll a good friend each other (Like MC think, say in Victoria house)
Victoria
is positive, optimist and open person, seem like don't mind sharing MC to other girls. (Foursome events in her house)

I'm sorry If my explanation doesn't make you understand. this is my first post since i sign up.

This is high quality story game, interesting and mystery since i ever play. (It make me posting of my first post)
Ending? We are not even in the middle and you are thinking about endings lmao

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

Bella
Victoria

That's a very good question, Nami/Bella ending will be possible (how is another question), Victoria is compatible with most other girls) So, probably.

Reactions: Observe Scout

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
That's a very good question, Nami/Bella ending will be possible (how is another question), Victoria is compatible with most other girls) So, probably.
This answer is from 2021, but I don't remember Ocean changing his thoughts on this matter (not in this thread and not in discord either, but I'm telling you with what I remember, i don't search deep).
My vision with SG has changed quite a bit from 2020 to now.
Back then SG was planned to be a lot darker.

I did cut down on the "real" dark stuff to not make the game too bloated and because I don't stand behind it anymore. (The vision of all games has changed quite a bit. (WiAB, SG, etc.))

MC is an asshole, but he is not a totally fucked up psycho.
The game is about healing.

But still, the MC will never become a real wholesome nice boy. That's just not him.

And about harems.

There'll never be a scenario where you're with more than two girls at the same time that are aware of each other.
The only thing this game will feature is triangles.

And those don't come without their drawbacks.
Example: Girl A feels left out or feels like she doesn't get as much attention as Girl B.

Some of them would never do a triangle in the first place. (Just like you probably wouldn't want to share her.)

The only harem that can happen is during a medieval board game scenario. (DND sessions with Nadia.)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Turret rudy007 Try this:

Thx, few years ago, definitely. Now I barely need any help. For few words fer day GT do the job. But for anyone else, who's English isn't good or he don't understand it at all, agree, DeepL is good.

Reactions: Aristos

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Turret rudy007 Try this:

Hi and thanks for your comments as a non-native speaker!

Here comes my answer and then something further about the game.:)
First my congratulations for your C1! You had some real dedicatiion to learn German to this level!(y) I see why you think German is a puzzle and less flexible than your own language, but I can assure you that German is a very flexible language in how you build sentences. Your problems and that of several other language speakers lie to a big part in that your mothertongue Spanish is a SVO language. Being SVO has major influence on the whole deep structure with it´s own set of advantages and flaws. German on the other hand is V2 in main clauses(which is funnily a major grammatical exception despite being a very common occurence in German. That V2 is an exception to the norm can be seen in that ONLY the finite verb goes to second position in a main clause, further verbs of a main clause are all in final position. It seems the Germanic languages at one time generalised Wackernagel´s Law onto the whole finite verb and not just the clitics) and verb final anywhere else. That German is a verb final language at heart can be seen with children already. When they reach the stage where they use two word utterances a kid growing up with German will say things like "Apfel essen"(apple eat) or "Heim gehen"(Home going). They already learned that the verb has to be last, even if they heard many sentences with the verb coming before the object.

And the huge grammatical differences in underlying structure is what is giving you a hard time with learning German. As mentioned the oracion simple and a small Hauptsatz look very similar, but they are not when it comes to underlying structure.
In Spanish the subject and the verb are close together and a rather compact sentence element. SVO languages are "action oriented", they tell you early on directly that someone does something.
Languages with verb final structure like e.g. German, Dutch, Japanese or Hindi are "story oriented", they first tell you the situation at hand and then what is done. For the speakers of these language type predicting/recognizing and shaping the flow of sentence elements to the final verb cluster is as intrinsic as breathing. For instance my problems with learning Japanese are not with sentence creation, I can predict and shape the elements similar to my German mother tongue, even if I do not know all the words.
For someone like you having grown up with a language which starts with the actions and then telling about the situation it is very hard to gain experience with predicting, keeping in mind and shaping the elements until the actions come last. It takes considerable processing power to do so when you never had exposure to this type of sentence building before. And this is why you logically put your weight on the rules of German, since they give you a blueprint to go onward.

I always tell German learners that German has just a handful of fixed rules, mainly the verbs, which are ironclad, because the vast majority of rules are just strong tendencies, nothing really fix. While the subject often features in the Vorfeld (start of the sentence) in German,I am under no obligation to do so as I would be in Spanish. In fact, you will very, very often start your sentence with anything but the subject in German.
Or take "TeKaMoLo", which can be violated and sometimes even must be violated depending on what type of sentence you make and you do not lose any meaning and still have a viable sentence. As long as you get the cases (halfway) and verb positions right, you WILL GET an understandable sentence, no matter how you put the other elemetns into it.
German is really flexible with the elements beside the verbal brace, which is the "skeleton" of the German sentence. I often joke that the only two rules of German a native speaker follows are "Sounds halfway right" and "Sounds halfway wrong".

The folowing part is not fully scientific, but I think it can help. In German a sentence is traditionally parted into fields. Vorfeld(Prefield), linke(s) Satzklammer/Verbfeld(left verbal bracket), Mittelfeld (Midfield), rechte(s) Satzklammer/Verbfeld(right verbal bracket), Nachfeld (Postfield). The verbal brackets are the finite verb (left) and all other verbs (right). Before the finite verb, in the Vorfeld, a single grammatical element (which can be rather long) can be placed, it might be the subject, but it can be any grammatical element! Think of it as the topic of the sentence to a certain point. Following the Vorfeld, immediately the finite verb is found. That is one of the few fixed hard rules in German.
Following the finite verb is the Mittelfeld,. Typically, if the subject is not in the Vorfeld, it comes right after the finite verb at the beginning of the Midfield. Most often this is so, but it does not have to be, the subject can come even later, but normally it follows the finite verb. The rest of the midfield is full of objects, descriptors and modifiers. While there is the typical "ADDA" order of objects, you do not have to follow it. The Midfield is practically free in how you order it, only pragmatics and how it sounds confines that. (if you want). After this orgy of subject and objects comes the right verbal brace, all other verbs. The postfield plays mainly a role in normal speech, because it is an addendum, an extraposition of information you still want to have in a sentence, even if it is "too late".
Generally you can say a German sentence is: a "topic" element- finite Verb - (normally) Subject - object - more objects - nonfinite verb - more verbs. The only truly fixed positions are the verbs

And returning to the main topic, Leia wasn't my favourite in WiAB, but just look at her there.... I caught myself unconsciously trying to find any resemblance between Leia and any of the SG girls.
Vanessa might hav some resemblance to Leia, but I think this a red herring, too obvious. I estimate we will see some of Leia´s offspring when we visit Ayua, since she herself stated that to learn some of her special martial arts moves, Nika would have to marry either her or one of her cousins. These cousins would most likely be Leia´s kids, since Leia was very interested in Miru´s martial arts talent, besides one or two even possibly Ayua´s halfsiblings.

Last edited:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
This answer is from 2021, but I don't remember Ocean changing his thoughts on this matter (not in this thread and not in discord either, but I'm telling you with what I remember, i don't search deep).
The list was created in 2021, but last edit was June 2023, so I believe it's still up to date. But only Ocean could answer it. Probably...:p

Reactions: Observe Scout
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes