Nov 29, 2020
For now there aren't evidences about this can happen, so i'm quite. I don´t think SG will be abandoned, things are going good. All games have the risk of been abandoned but Ocean seems to have his ideas very tied.
I mean you need to make 2 games at the same time, both have a lot of characters, both have nice graphic and etc, imo its too much for 1 person

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I mean you need to make 2 games at the same time, both have a lot of characters, both have nice graphic and etc, imo its too much for 1 person
Yes, of course, it´s a very hard work for only one person, but how i said Ocean seems to be very disciplined about how to make things and his ideas are clear. Always is better have a team for this type of projects but he is doing well. I still think there´s no reason to worry about the future of the games (at least for now, life can change things with a snap)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Simple, Bibi!;):p But joking aside, here is one difference of German and English spelling at work, in English "Bibi" would be spelled "Beebee", like the "bi" in "bizarre", since for some reason English "e" is spelled like the German "i".
And German is normally spelled as written, there are few diphtongs or stuff you have to know (like "v" is "f" in all Germanic and very old loanwords, "v" is "w" in newer loanwords) and there are no silent end letters in German, so words/names like Porsche are spelled with a Schwa, a lowered, halfswallowed e, never silent.
English is pretty simple in comparation. I love how German has few words connected in one word. Grammar is much more complex then English. Speak is different everywhere. But England has it too; Scottish accent vs Ireland or Texan vs New York. Grammar tenses are more complex too. Nouns are written with capital letters.
But deep down they are similar too... Both are related.

Reactions: Turret

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Let's not flog that dead horse yet again. Your opinion is rather irrelevant in this matter. Only Ocean's personal opinion counts, and his publicly stated opinion is that working on 2 games at the same time is better for him mentally.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
in English "Bibi" would be spelled "Beebee", like the "bi" in "bizarre", since for some reason English "e" is spelled like the German "i".
Because for some reason the angles adopted the latin alphabet, then said "what if we switch all the vocals? for the lulz".
German uses the same vocals of latin and all latin alphabet languages.
English "e" is latin "i", "a" is latin "e", "i" is latin "a".

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
English is pretty simple in comparation. I love how German has few words connected in one word. Grammar is much more complex then English. Speak is different everywhere. But England has it too; Scottish accent vs Ireland or Texan vs New York. Grammar tenses are more complex too. Nouns are written with capital letters.
But deep down they are similar too... Both are related.
In my experience, English has it´s own pitfalls and is not that much simpler. I think this is a learning curve thing, why the two languages are seen as such. The learning curve for German at the beginning is really high (for a non-native speaker), but once it clicks German becomes mega-easy, since it is a toolbox for building. The currently longest correct sentence in German clocks in at 1077 words, not something you see in everyday use, but what is possible.
English starts with a rather low learning curve, you can become halfway decent rather quick, but if you go deeper into English the learning curve ratchets up very quickly and some rules are rather strange. Even some beginner stuff is not that easy as it might seem to a native speaker. For instance, "I eat" and "I am eating" is something e.g. German does not distinguish at all. While we can state an equivalent of "I am eating", this is done very rarely and is considered overspecific.

Where most of the differences between German and English come from is the deep structure, which is decidedly different today. Both languages descended from a mother tongue of the SOV "verb final" type. English developed to a strict SVO type over time, German is of the very rare V2/OV type. In German the finite verb comes in second sentence position, all other verbs come at the end.
So while the easy sentences "I eat bread/Ich esse Brot" look identical, they are not when it comes to underlying grammatical structure. In English you HAVE TO begin a sentence with the subject, in German literally anything can stand at the beginning the sentence and often does. Even this small sentence "Ich esse Brot" could be changed into "Brot esse ich" without any loss of meaning and being completely valid.

Reactions: Aristos and rudy007

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
In the end, the earrings will not belong to Leia, but rather, it will belong to a roaming lady that gives them like candy to children after she lost everything gambling. She is going to have a box full of these. :p :p

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
In the end, the earrings will not belong to Leia, but rather, it will belong to a roaming lady that gives them like candy to children after she lost everything gambling. She is going to have a box full of these. :p :p
They appeared to have been Sedila's in the pre-rework version, we'll see if she reappears (as a potential Nami mother).

Reactions: yossa999 and rjmm

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
They appeared to have been Sedila's in the pre-rework version, we'll see if she reappears (as a potential Nami mother).
The thing is in old and new WIAB these earrings are Leia´s and while it is right that in old WIAB Sedila also wore them, in the new version only Leia has them so far. There is even an animation were Leia wears them and is shown rather prominently that she has these earrings.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
The thing is in old and new WIAB these earrings are Leia´s and while it is right that in old WIAB Sedila also wore them, in the new version only Leia has them so far. There is even an animation were Leia wears them and is shown rather prominently that she has these earrings.
I was more surprised by spotting them in an RL production. XO, Kitty, the wings are hanging from necklace chains instead of being worn as earrings, but it really caught my eye.

Reactions: rjmm and Turret

dragonGRaf

Dec 3, 2019
I can confirm that it will run under Joiplay on Android, however. Grab the compresses release and it's buttery smooth.
first cool pfp isnt that a girl from acting lessons?
second uhm the compressed version are only pc and mac so how would i play that on android i just want a apk not some joyride tried that once didnt work

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
I was more surprised by spotting them in an RL production. XO, Kitty, the wings are hanging from necklace chains instead of being worn as earrings, but it really caught my eye.
This is a preview of Ocean's third game. Where the Zaneverse cross the threshold between fiction and reality. It is going to be a lit alternate reality game.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Yeah, if I remember correctly, they first met in a clothes store and Sedilla was mad at the Zanes because Katie bullied her sister at school. This is a strong common ground between Willie and Sedi to make something out of it. Something like Nami :)

Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
There is a small handful of VNs on this website that are so far above everything else in terms of quality that they almost ruin other VNs for me. Summer's Gone is definitely one of those VNs. The wait for new updates is always painful, but always worth it in the end.

I haven't played WiAB yet because I like having a high quality VN waiting for me just in case the wait for SG becomes too unbearable. I need more Nami and Bella in my life :love:

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes