imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
I'm curious if Oceanlab has looked into making a "small" server farm as in a couple of rack servers to attempt to handle the graphics bottleneck.
it would still be a bottleneck but maybe able to be scalable like the older model A6ks?
I am unsure if the costs to actually have them compete with a couple of A6ks would be feasible though.

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I'm curious if Oceanlab has looked into making a "small" server farm as in a couple of rack servers to attempt to handle the graphics bottleneck.
it would still be a bottleneck but maybe able to be scalable like the older model A6ks?
I am unsure if the costs to actually have them compete with a couple of A6ks would be feasible though.
He explained it a few days ago actually
https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-4-5-full-oceanlab.29981/post-11366005

The bottleneck is not the number of cards, but the size of the vram, which limits it from rendering some large complex scenes. I myself also thought that this should work the same way as with mining farms. You just add up cards and increase the overall hashing power of your farm, but unfortunately this is not the case.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
And that's being optimistic. Because by then Ocean will notice newer character assets and will feel the need to start redoing shit all over again. Again...
View attachment 2818464
Interesting position about 'redoing shit over and over again' ... so what do you know that no one else in the entire community here knows??

Crystal ball... Ouija Board...

Ocean is redoing parts of Summers Gone Season 1 ahead of a Steam release.

Steam is a Big deal - you get one chance to make a first impression and success means Great things in terms of resourcing for both SG and WIAB.

He is already done with the rework of CH 1 and 2/3 of CH 2 as well as parts of CH 3 and 3.5 (he also added pathing for Sasha as an LI).

He had to remove a significant amount of music due to licensing issues, putting in 'placeholder' music that will be replaced with better music as resourcing allows.

He has been Very public and up front with his fans about why this rework is happening and those fans have posted both Patreon and SS dev log updates here for more than the last year.

If you are going to slam a creator, try bringing facts - versus just talking smack about an AVN you seem to know very little about.

Cheers! :coffee:

egorka8018

Dec 1, 2019
Cool game. You won't see so many beautiful blondes anywhere else. And Vanessa is a Queen with different eyes. Fascinating and frightening at the same time.. For me personally, he is a favorite, then brown-eyed Milla, Victoria with golden-yellow eyes, Bella, Nyadya, Sasha... Damn, Nami and Zara... Maya, Sonya, Nancy, Robin... It is not possible to single out someone. Each is beautiful in its own way. Thanks to the developers, very good job. We are waiting for the continuation.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The latest WIAB Dev log had 2 interesting points of note for SG:

I'd say 70% of my scenes can be rendered with 24GB. 30% need more than that. (Exceptions are updates like CH6 SG, which is 80% far above 24GB.)

Current estimate of SG CH 5 release:

SG: Probably late September.

So Season 1 CH 5 arrives in about 60 days (he did not say if this was the final or Beta for CH 5) And CH 6 is going Monster with scenes!

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
The latest WIAB Dev log had 2 interesting points of note for SG:

I'd say 70% of my scenes can be rendered with 24GB. 30% need more than that. (Exceptions are updates like CH6 SG, which is 80% far above 24GB.)

Current estimate of SG CH 5 release:

SG: Probably late September.

So Season 1 CH 5 arrives in about 60 days (he did not say if this was the final or Beta for CH 5) And CH 6 is going Monster with scenes!
So Summer's Gone Chapter 5 release date: When summer's gone :ROFLMAO:, late September starting Autumn.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Interesting position about 'redoing shit over and over again' ... so what do you know that no one else in the entire community here knows??

Crystal ball... Ouija Board...
Let me show you my crystal ball/ouija board

the early Jan release was just fine, perhaps a few line of text rewrites could have been easier to explain. But to waste so much time on resources and piss most people off by delaying the story progression was in no way justifiable. Let me elaborate there Mr "knight in not so shinny armor".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Steam doesn't require this for any reason. What steam doesn't want, are assets from the HoneySelect rendering engine. These are all from an entirely different and more powerful rendering engine. Whether it'd be from DAZ3D or more professional ones like Blender.

Next time you plan on taking a shit on someone just for the sake of feeling good about yourself and your 'fangirls', you'd better do your homework better. Because this title was going to easily be my all time favorite. Because it was more 'subtle' and darker before.

Now, not so much.

So to end this as classy as you did.
Hope you enjoyed the Ouija session....

Cheers!
sign_peace.gif

PS: I'm not going to be re-hashing this with you again! If you repost @ me, you won't be getting another reply.

Sep 23, 2021
Let me show you my crystal ball/ouija board

the early Jan release was just fine, perhaps a few line of text rewrites could have been easier to explain. But to waste so much time on resources and piss most people off by delaying the story progression was in no way justifiable. Let me elaborate there Mr "knight in not so shinny armor".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Steam doesn't require this for any reason. What steam doesn't want, are assets from the HoneySelect rendering engine. These are all from an entirely different and more powerful rendering engine. Whether it'd be from DAZ3D or more professional ones like Blender.

Next time you plan on taking a shit on someone just for the sake of feeling good about yourself and your 'fangirls', you'd better do your homework better. Because this title was going to easily be my all time favorite. Because it was more 'subtle' and darker before.

Now, not so much.

So to end this as classy as you did.
Hope you enjoyed the Ouija session....

Cheers!
View attachment 2821192

PS: I'm not going to be re-hashing this with you again! If you repost @ me, you won't be getting another reply.
Your effort is useless because people don't like to hear negative things about this game. I also feel like the new rework scenes didn't feel the same as the old ones, especially the Nojiko one. She is surprising calm when she tells MC that she is dating someone.

FoolsBeGone

May 21, 2023
Ok I want to give it a try BUT I think I may have already tried it. If its the game I am thinking of the MC is an emo bitch that whines on the few occasions he says more than three words to anyone. He walks around with his hair down in front of one eye. Please tell me its NOT that game and I will give it a go....but if it IS that game then no thank you. Best of Luck but that one is not for me.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Ok I want to give it a try BUT I think I may have already tried it. If its the game I am thinking of the MC is an emo bitch that whines on the few occasions he says more than three words to anyone. He walks around with his hair down in front of one eye. Please tell me its NOT that game and I will give it a go....but if it IS that game then no thank you. Best of Luck but that one is not for me.
Nope, that doesn't ring a bell.

4.40 star(s) 500 Votes