rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
yeah you are right ! I'm not expert but Ocean's art literally different from others

I always remember MC / Bella burger scene (background, animation, lighting, facial expressions...) dude this is another level :love:
Those animated scenes are very hardware intensive and only few developers can do that. If you don't have top hardware it will not work. And most developers aren't ready to buy professional graphic cards.
There are a few devs who make a game with laptops, and then are surprised when that thing cook himself.
Ocean invested heavy in hardware, has two dedicated machines to make renders and animations... You could buy a good car for that money.

dorleans

Sep 10, 2021
Those animated scenes are very hardware intensive and only few developers can do that. If you don't have top hardware it will not work. And most developers aren't ready to buy professional graphic cards.
There are a few devs who make a game with laptops, and then are surprised when that thing cook himself.
Ocean invested heavy in hardware, has two dedicated machines to make renders and animations... You could buy a good car for that money.
And somebody like inceton has five, churning out slightly improved iterations of the exact same animations as every other VN over and over again. Ocean's work has a genuinely unique personal aesthetic. I've watched him develop it over the years as he improved his technical proficiency. His investments in hardware have been made in pursuit of the realization of something no one else is attempting at all.

johnsman

Sep 6, 2022
whether we choose to kiss bella or not at the end of our date seems to be an important branching point, as she doesn't visit the mc at the end of the last update if we don't kiss. is that the only chance we will get for starting a romantic relationship with her or will there be other ones in the future? does anyone have any idea?

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
whether we choose to kiss bella or not at the end of our date seems to be an important branching point, as she doesn't visit the mc at the end of the last update if we don't kiss. is that the only chance we will get for starting a romantic relationship with her or will there be other ones in the future? does anyone have any idea?
We don't know if that is the only Bella = Yes/No to a relationship.

This would be a good save point once CH 5 goes final (so all the rework and potential pathing is included in any choice you make).

It feels like it will take some time for another LI to take over the Bella spot if you go with Bella No Kiss.

Reactions: codex35 and rudy007
Oct 17, 2020
Seriously can't wait for some more updates and the story to develop, especially with my dear ol Bella.:love:

Also, Idk why, but I prefer Bella's route over the others.. I think in some way it might be because my brain thinks "Hmm.. two damaged people.. they would make a good pair.. Help each other through the shit".. But also b/c I especially just don't like Nami's character.. Idk why, she just seems a lil too wannabe goody-two-shoes and way too damn clingy for my taste tbh..

Like, just because I wanna do stuff on my own without telling you my every damn move, or disagree with you, you finna start screamin n fightin n accusing me n shit?:WaitWhat: Like, gurl.. grow up.:FacePalm: Not everyone loves you n the world sure as hell doesn't revolve around your wants; specially not when there are prettier characters for my Mc to shack up with:rolleyes:

And the others just haven't really managed to capture my attention or intrigue me like Bella does...

Well, yet, at least. Never know what the future might hold.:WeSmart:

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Seriously can't wait for some more updates and the story to develop, especially with my dear ol Bella.:love:

Also, Idk why, but I prefer Bella's route over the others.. I think in some way it might be because my brain thinks "Hmm.. two damaged people.. they would make a good pair.. Help each other through the shit".. But also b/c I especially just don't like Nami's character.. Idk why, she just seems a lil too wannabe goody-two-shoes and way too damn clingy for my taste tbh..

Like, just because I wanna do stuff on my own without telling you my every damn move, or disagree with you, you finna start screamin n fightin n accusing me n shit?:WaitWhat: Like, gurl.. grow up.:FacePalm: Not everyone loves you n the world sure as hell doesn't revolve around your wants; specially not when there are prettier characters for my Mc to shack up with:rolleyes:

And the others just haven't really managed to capture my attention or intrigue me like Bella does...

Well, yet, at least. Never know what the future might hold.:WeSmart:
In real life two damaged people don't usually work out. MC is seeing a therapist and it's possible that what he learns Bella will actually listen to since it's not coming (directly) from her mom.

Nami has been in love with MC since before Summer came along. We don't know a lot about what happened between the two girls once Summer and MC started their relationship, and there have been plenty of yandere plots dreamed up about Nami, but she was also there and stuck with MC through his extreme problem periods after Summer disappeared and before the setting of this story. Nami is as emotionally stunted as MC due to her devotion to him; she turned down dates with other boys and other activities throughout her teenage years just to be with and watch over MC, and her childish and excessive antics have been the only way to get a reaction out of him so he didn't spiral down even further. I don't think she knows how to relate to MC any better than she does now, though his awakening sexual attraction to her will probably force her to confront how she presents herself to him, especially now that she has real competition for his attention and affection. Vanessa's coaching will probably help her to understand how to have MC see her as a woman and not a frantic girl-child in a grown-up body.

As to the other girls, just wait and see what Nadia really does with that banana when she thinks nobody is watching...

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
In real life two damaged people don't usually work out. MC is seeing a therapist and it's possible that what he learns Bella will actually listen to since it's not coming (directly) from her mom.

Nami has been in love with MC since before Summer came along. We don't know a lot about what happened between the two girls once Summer and MC started their relationship, and there have been plenty of yandere plots dreamed up about Nami, but she was also there and stuck with MC through his extreme problem periods after Summer disappeared and before the setting of this story. Nami is as emotionally stunted as MC due to her devotion to him; she turned down dates with other boys and other activities throughout her teenage years just to be with and watch over MC, and her childish and excessive antics have been the only way to get a reaction out of him so he didn't spiral down even further. I don't think she knows how to relate to MC any better than she does now, though his awakening sexual attraction to her will probably force her to confront how she presents herself to him, especially now that she has real competition for his attention and affection. Vanessa's coaching will probably help her to understand how to have MC see her as a woman and not a frantic girl-child in a grown-up body.

As to the other girls, just wait and see what Nadia really does with that banana when she thinks nobody is watching...
Just two damaged people? Let's count together :)
Vic is literally damaged physically, and in the second chapter the consequences of her trauma finally take their toll, she is about to break mentally as well.
Nia with her lonely past, and hidden psychological trauma due to her weak social skills and oddities during her school years. Yes, there was a gym shower scene where she told Nami that she had overcome her fears and forced herself to connect with people. But I don't buy it. She seems to realize that she just went to the other extreme, and while it got her quite a bit of attention, it wasn't the kind of attention she really wanted. And Nami seems to be the only person she can now call a friend.
Mila with her poverty, her fucked up family, the label of daughter of a whore on her. She has no place she can call a home, she's been bullied for years. And despite of that she seems remarkably sane and wholesome person, given her situation, but I have a feeling she's about to break too.
The hidden traumas of other girls are not so obvious, but they are there and, I think, sooner or later they will be revealed. Remember Zara and her overreaction to a little hint from Vanessa at the roots of her insecurity. Nadia and her desperate desire to hide in fantasy from reality. She almost confirmed to the MC during their brief dialogue after the board game session that she had some kind of traumatic experience in the past and the fantasy games allowed her feel in control of her life.
What a fest for a white knight in shining armor! So many princesses need to be saved from their misery. Bella is just the first of the bunch.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
But he made a mistake in choosing hardware. RTX4090 is cheaper and beats professional Ada 6000 in content creation.

Reactions: rudy007
Oct 17, 2020

Oh yeah no, I understand it.. I mostly just don't like her because of personal preferences, ya know? Her personality and actions just don't really do it for me. I mean, Bella is stand-offish and and can be a real bitch, but idk why.. her personality and story just draws me in.. like her actions and personality are the results of having gone through what she did in a way.. if that makes sense.. But also, I get the whole getting a reaction out of him and whatnot, but at some point, ya just gotta accept that the person you want doesn't always want you back, then move on. Specially after they say that they got/are developing feelings for someone else.

And in regard to the whole damanaged people not working.. Oh god, yeh, I know. I've had some friends in those kinds of relationships.. never works out well. And a lot of the times it's toxic as hell too. I think the only reason why I like the MC and Bella together, even though they've both got their own demons, is basically just that. They've both got demons, so they might be able to relate to one another on a certain level and are willing to listen, ya know?. Obvi not the same situations, but hopefully ya know what I mean lol.

And luckily, unlike real life, I don't have to worry about the fallout for shipping two people with demons lolol:BootyTime:

Finna get dat juicy bootyyyyy:BootyTime:

Reactions: yossa999 and JJ1960

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Mila with her poverty, her fucked up family, the label of daughter of a whore on her. She has no place she can call a home, she's been bullied for years. And despite of that she seems remarkably sane and wholesome person, given her situation, but I have a feeling she's about to break too.
Mila is awesome. Despite all this she still is friendly to all that weren't assholes to her in the past. She still is funny and bantering with her friends like Jeff and Troy. And she is not afraid to cry if she must, that is something that helps keeping the real mind damage away.
From her personality she is my favourite by far. Many would have been broken by those cards dealt to them.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Ocean has explained multiple times that he needs the VRAM from the A6000s to be able to render scenes with the desired complexity.
+1 - I'd like to see more creators go the Workstation / Quadro card route versus buying gaming cards like 3090s / 4090s which just further drives up costs for gamers on hardware. The Quadro card, while obviously more expensive, is going to be a heckuva lot more efficient for a creator. It's designed specifically for these work load types, uses less power (A6000 Ada has 300W TDP board power versus 450W on a 4090), and in this comparison has twice the VRAM of a 4090.

I do understand early creators have cost issues which is why they end up using gaming cards early on, but once they get established, I wish more of them would use Quadro cards. Ocean's art quality and the size of the scenes he wants to build will be best served running multiple Quadro cards in NVLink configuration.

Mila is awesome. Despite all this she still is friendly to all that weren't assholes to her in the past. She still is funny and bantering with her friends like Jeff and Troy. And she is not afraid to cry if she must, that is something that helps keeping the real mind damage away.
From her personality she is my favourite by far. Many would have been broken by those cards dealt to them.
Ya I'd really like to do a Mila run; I like her a lot, I am just concerned she has an STD. Not sure if I can process that as it just feels 'icky' to me. Hope someone doing a Mila run will report back as we get deeper into the story on whether this is the case or not. I'm hopeful my fears are ill-founded.

4.30 star(s) 504 Votes