yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Loved the game but making WiaB at the same time was a bad move for dev release times.
And not being as experienced and skilled from day one as he is now was an even worse move! He had to rework some parts later. :) But actually Ocean answered this a few times.
No, doing both games is one of the reasons I will not burn out.
If I am sick of SG- I go and render WiAB and vice versa.
So you think he's not being completely honest here? Because if burnout is the issue, then it's not so obvious that dropping WIAB will significantly speed up the development of the SG. Instead of working on WIAB, he probably will stare at the screen, or worse, will play Baldurs Gate 3 to cooldown the burnout :)

Dunno about Ocean, but when I was working on my diploma project, I played HMM3 all the time. I fought burnout the best I could!
BTW, we shouldn't talk about dropping WIAB so loud, these guys from the WIAB thread are quite nervous about that :)

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
And not being as experienced and skilled from day one as he is now was an even worse move! He had to rework some parts later. :) But actually Ocean answered this a few times.

So you think he's not being completely honest here? Because if burnout is the issue, then it's not so obvious that dropping WIAB will significantly speed up the development of the SG. Instead of working on WIAB, he probably will stare at the screen, or worse, will play Baldurs Gate 3 to cooldown the burnout :)

Dunno about Ocean, but when I was working on my diploma project, I played HMM3 all the time. I fought burnout the best I could!
BTW, we shouldn't talk about dropping WIAB so loud, these guys from the WIAB thread are quite nervous about that :)
no, I'm the only one left in WIAB, and I don't get nervous (not anymore, I mean :p ).:KEK:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

Hey - How did you know I was playing Baldurs Gate 3?? :cool:

s3xxxypig6669

Feb 4, 2023
Is the linked Itch Version not supported?
I'd prefer purchasing on Itch or GOG rather than Steam, I rarely use my Steam and Epic accounts nowadays

m111m123

May 31, 2022
Where do you get this bizarre notion that the human eye can't see past 14 fps? I can definitely tell the difference between 60 and 144. 14 look choppy.
This is an old study for the film industry that was done 40 years ago, if not more. And how are you going to distinguish between 60 fps and 144 fps video? I heard this several times from different people, they claimed that they could also distinguish FPS, but when it came to a dispute, everyone lost money. If you want to participate in such a dispute, then I would not advise you. A 14fps video will only be choppy if it has been compressed. For example: You can make a 60fps video and compress to 15 or make a 240fps video and compress to 60 in both these cases the video will be choppy.

• Angry
Reactions: nobody0

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Are there any statistics on the popularity of certain LIs? It can be assumed that the top 3 is Bella, Nami and Sasha. But what about the rest?

guwieneczko

Apr 20, 2018
This is an old study for the film industry that was done 40 years ago, if not more. And how are you going to distinguish between 60 fps and 144 fps video? I heard this several times from different people, they claimed that they could also distinguish FPS, but when it came to a dispute, everyone lost money. If you want to participate in such a dispute, then I would not advise you. A 14fps video will only be choppy if it has been compressed. For example: You can make a 60fps video and compress to 15 or make a 240fps video and compress to 60 in both these cases the video will be choppy.
I suggest you meet with someone who owns 144Hz monitor and ask them to show you this website on their monitor (of cource if they set it up properly and id actually uses 144Hz)

you'll be surprised. most people would see the difference between 30vs60 and few less would notice difference 60vs144, but it is noticable if you spot it :)

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I think there is some confusion, the study says that the human eye can process up to 16 individual images per second, that if you exceed that number you start to perceive movement.
It also talks about the standard filming (24 fps for film and 30 for digital) and talks about light intervals to establish how much the human eye is capable of.
There is a lot of new research that talks about how the higher the refresh rate and fps, the greater the advantage.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes