m111m123

May 31, 2022
why do you count days where he works on WIAB as days where he could make SG renders? a month and a half would make it only 3 weeks where he worked on SG. you could still claim "he could've done 600 renders in that time but instead did nothing" but I guess it doesn't sound as good as "he could do 3 times more than he promised"
600 renders on SG and 600 on Wiab. This is exactly what gets 3 times more than the promised 450 renders if rounded up.
By the way, have you noticed how the number of "promised" renders went from 450 in log 7 to 350-550 in log 9 to 250-350 in log 10.
Why has the number of renders increased? 1660 (1350+310) if you round 1700 another 450 Ocean plans to make. A month and a half later, I quote Ocean: So, I'm around 1700 still renders in, and I think another 250-350 need to be made... To sum up the results for a month and a half, Ocean decided to reduce from 450 to 250-350.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
Seriously, if you can't see the stuttering of the lower fps in both of your links even when they are not moving fast, the problem is because of your lousy vision capabilities, not because the general human eyes can't see it.
You got into someone else's conversation but you never had the mind to figure out what was at stake. Maybe you should figure it out at the beginning and then write your comments?
And hell no, the Matrix isn't even anywhere close to being the first to shoot at a higher fps and play it back at lower fps to show "slow motion". This elementary trick has been in use for DECADES before Matrix.
So what movie was it used in? If you are talking about frame-by-frame filming, then this is completely different.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
I was going to bow out but you're triggering me waaaaaaay too much. All video is static images. Each frame is a static image. the number of frames per second is how many static renders are needed each second for the frame rate. Simple tv has been 30 where I live for over two decades. Most people can notice lip sync with one frame when watching carefully.

The difference with an action game is that the render is done by the gamers video card as they move the character through the world and introduces latency and processing. VNs use static images which are prerendered, meaning they are just video files.
Well, why did you write the same thing as me only in a long version?

As to what Ocean is or isn't doing - we only know what he openly talks about in devlogs, but that doesn't mean that's all he's done.
I love reading Ocean's logs and laughing all the time as I read them. Although if you do not understand the PC, then you can not read it, you still will not understand.

It is common to work for 8 hours on lighting a scene only to trash it and go back to square one because you're not liking the results.
Haven't laughed this hard in a long time, did Ocean write that? Only those who have never rendered can believe in such stupidity. I could still believe if you said 1 hour, during which time you can remake the light slowly 6 times. Although you can start doing lighting, then go to bed, wake up and finish the job, only in this case you can believe that it took 8 hours.

• Angry
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Me reading the last... well feels like a hundred pages of this thread

At least waifu wars are more fun tolerable.
WS is banned so I have to represent :KEK:
Cheers!

screenshot0013.png

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Haven't laughed this hard in a long time, did Ocean write that? Only those who have never rendered can believe in such stupidity. I could still believe if you said 1 hour, during which time you can remake the light slowly 6 times. Although you can start doing lighting, then go to bed, wake up and finish the job, only in this case you can believe that it took 8 hours.
What BobTheDuck said is true. I'm practicing rendering. Creating good, proper lighting is one of the most difficult tasks in preparing a scene. On a par with manual posing when it comes to DAZ.
You don't necessarily have to do 8 hours of manual work, but you seem to have forgotten about the render time in order to re-render the fixed scene again. Ocean's renders are in very high quality and processing one such render can take several hours. Even on top hardware.

You don't seem to know anything about this, but you try to argue with people for the sake of argument, acting arrogant and insulting everyone in a row, repeatedly breaking the rules. It would be better if you left this place and stopped doing off-topic.

I myself don't support Ocean's decisions in everything and I am not an ardent fan of his and I support criticism, but what you do is just shitposting and arguing with everyone for nothing. This is not criticism.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I have done a lot of renders. A LOT. Some posted on these forums. Funnily enough lighting is often the biggest thing. It really can make, or break, a scene. So getting the lighting correct for 8 hours can happen. Perhaps on the more rare side of things but it is not in the realm of impossible. There is, generally, a lot to take into consideration rather than just dumping a HDRI and a few secondary sources. To really get the more top end of graphic fidelity you have to take everything into consideration otherwise your work will like like most other Daz AVNs out there. Flat and soulless visually.

Oct 10, 2022
What BobTheDuck said is true. I'm practicing rendering. Creating good, proper lighting is one of the most difficult tasks in preparing a scene. On a par with manual posing when it comes to DAZ.
You don't necessarily have to do 8 hours of manual work, but you seem to have forgotten about the render time in order to re-render the fixed scene again. Ocean's renders are in very high quality and processing one such render can take several hours. Even on top hardware.

You don't seem to know anything about this, but you try to argue with people for the sake of argument, acting arrogant and insulting everyone in a row, repeatedly breaking the rules. It would be better if you left this place and stopped doing off-topic.

I myself don't support Ocean's decisions in everything and I am not an ardent fan of his and I support criticism, but what you do is just shitposting and arguing with everyone for nothing. This is not criticism.
Dude I loved your second sign. GO DJ KinK!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Me reading the last... well feels like a hundred pages of this thread

At least waifu wars are more fun tolerable.
WS is banned so I have to represent :KEK:
Cheers!

View attachment 2862728
Wrong girl posted,Kassandara :unsure: :unsure:
there is only one divine heavenly redhead girl you can go for,
the wonderful angel of love Nia !!

Mila died after yet another failed breast augmentation,
Victoria died by falling from the highest stairs in her wheelchair,
Bella had her throat cut by a jealous,
obsessed Nami,
who was then sentenced to life imprisonment.
And in the end Sacha ran off with Jeff and all his friends,
so she gets now the most beautiful gang bang every night,

And so the the golden heavenly road is open for the only girl that matters !!
Nia is love,hope and lust,
Nia is everything,ti amo my darling :love::love:
Alady,Alady !!
Nia_4.png

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Darling, there's been one rework. Chapter 1 - Chapter 3.5 was one big rework.
Only Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 are being reworked.

Chapter 3 had two small scene changes because these scenes still used an obsolete character model (2019 Nojiko and Claire)
Chapter 3.5 only had a texture change. (You change the texture of an asset, and put em in the queue again.)

While it took time to get through the queue, changing the texture took less than two minutes.

I'm not surprised you couldn't find it. Ocean wrote that he made 1350 renders and 310 are waiting for a render. After 1.5 months, he writes that he made 1700 renders. It turns out that he rendered the remaining 310 in a day and the remaining month and a half he did nothing.
Right... I sat there... For a whole month... Doing nothing.
Sounds totally legit to me.

Log 7 provided you with three given variables:

X = Images that were rendered and are waiting for postwork.)
Y = Images that were posed, lit, and are technically done but are still waiting to be rendered.
Z = My rough estimation of how much is left to be set up & rendered.

Log 7:

X = 1350 rendered images.
Y = 310 images in the queue, but not yet rendered.
Z = ~450 renders left

Log 9:

Variable Z was given: 350-550 left.

No info about X and Y.

Log 10:

Variable X and Z were given:

X = 1700 rendered.
Z = ~250-350 left.

As you can see, 1 1/2 months later: More than 310 queued renders had finished and moved from Y to X... And this is how long it took due to the loading times of very big scenes with 12+ characters.

After I set up the renders, all renders are added to Y (The queue), then "my" work is done and the PCs do their thing of loud fan noises overnight.

My work mostly consists of setting up renders... But variable Y wasn't given to you in Log 9 or 10... You have no idea what's in the queue and what had been created, and yet you come here and say I didn't do anything for 1 1/2 months? :WaitWhat:

Regarding Z (Rough estimate of renders left)

It's a personal estimate and not accurate at all. Scenes change, I get new ideas during development and variable Z is NEVER accurate. It always ends up with more renders.

Best example: Chapter 2 Rework Part 1.

My estimate at the beginning was around 450-550. (Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm too lazy to look it up.)
End result: Almost 1000 still images.

And this up there doesn't take into account all the other things a solo dev has to do. (Others here have mentioned some of it.)

SG was simply removed from Itch a while back, no idea if it will ever be back.
It will never return to Itchio.

They don't pay VAT on behalf of the creator, which means it's up to the creator to pay it to each individual country. Which is a nightmare for your tax office and very costly.

What animation are you talking about? Ocean wrote that he made animation a long time ago. Here are his words I quote: "SG has 310 renders left in the queue, and I'd say around 450 renders are left to set up for the update to finish. (Chapter 5.)" Ocean wrote that he set up 30 renders a day.
Do you think I'm some sort of machine producing the same candy bar every single day?

Every render is different and needs different levels of attention.
I've had days where I set up 100+ renders... (Rare days, followed by strong mental fatigue)
And I have bad days where I set up 10 renders.

I also take one day a week off from setting up scenes. (Wednesday when I do the Dev Logs). But I do postwork and other stuff on said day.

I love reading Ocean's logs and laughing all the time as I read them. Although if you do not understand the PC, then you can not read it, you still will not understand.
Yeaaaaaaah... You should really do something productive with your life.
:HideThePain:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Erm, just want to add that Geralt does render. He often posts his works on these forum. Decent quality too. However just want to add a slight caveat.. Utilising DoF actually increases render times in many instances. You also use DoF to differentiate what a person should be looking at.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Hey, are we getting new versions of ocean novels? i mean, i only saw the reworked ones, but, i enjoyed for real the story, mostly sumer is gone, i really loved it

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I have 1 photorealistic frame rendered in about 90-150 seconds. All 310 frames I would do slowly in a couple of days. You made them in a month and a half. That's what I was talking about.
:HideThePain:
I actually thought you were joking with the 310 renders in one day...
You just disqualified yourself from any technical discussion about Daz rendering... (And it seems like your FPS discussion isn't going any better.)

If you had at least read most of my Dev Logs properly, you wouldn't be saying this bullshit...

As mentioned in many logs before, my SG renders take around 12min - 35min to render... But what can take up to an hour is closing and opening a scene with a lot of characters. (The queue can't force close Daz.)

Chapter 1 Rework had the big college intro scene with tons of people. Loading times in the queue between renders of up to an hour.

Go and create a real game scene with 6 decently morphed characters, a good indoor environment, and several light sources and save the render 10 times under different names and put it in a render queue... Tell me again how long it took you.

Also, make sure your Daz3D library is at least 700GB. Because Daz always loads all morphs and this is what causes the extreme loading times.

But after this post, it's obvious you're either a troll or just plain ignorant.
I won't be replying to you anymore.

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Thank you very much for those words, that's exactly what I was talking about. I have 1 photorealistic frame rendered in about 90-150 seconds. All 310 frames I would do slowly in a couple of days. You made them in a month and a half. That's what I was talking about.
Imagine the world where Daz devs can make ~300 "photorealistic" renders in a couple of days :PogChamp:

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes