crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Even 5 years old children know how to use a calculator. I'll have to explain to you like you're a little kid.... Ocean has been developing for 107 days, every 2 days he's been working on Wiab. We take 107 divided by 2 and we get 53 days on average. During those 53 days, Ocean produced 1610 renders for SG. And now we divide 1610 by 53 and get 30 renders per day on average.
ok, so you've seen that Ocean works on WIAB every other day, good
Ocean wrote that he set up 30 renders a day. In a month and a half, he could make not only the promised 450 renders, but 3 times more
why do you count days where he works on WIAB as days where he could make SG renders? a month and a half would make it only 3 weeks where he worked on SG. you could still claim "he could've done 600 renders in that time but instead did nothing" but I guess it doesn't sound as good as "he could do 3 times more than he promised"

By the way, have you noticed how the number of "promised" renders went from 450 in log 7 to 350-550 in log 9 to 250-350 in log 10. Maybe that would give you a hint that renders aren't made just for the sake of making renders but are made to illustrate the story, and as scenes change during writing and editing (which is what Ocean said he was doing at least in dev logs 8 and 10, but I guess we're a few dozen comments too early to move on from "no renders" = "doing nothing" part), the number of renders also changes. Sometimes the scene is too short and you need more dialogue and renders. Sometimes you see that it drags on forever and make it shorter, reducing the number of renders needed. And sometimes you realize that it just doesn't make sense and remove it completely, along with any renders you've already made for that scene

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
probably you and I read different studies, the one I read indicated 14 fps, although I think this is not important.
It's not about the advantage, just 2 possibilities appear at high FPS:
1. It is better to see fast-moving objects, if there are no fast-moving objects, then all the meaning of high fps is lost.

2. It becomes possible to slow down time. You shoot 2 seconds at 60 fps and show 6 seconds at 20 fps. If I'm not mistaken, this was first used in the movie The Matrix.
Seriously, if you can't see the stuttering of the lower fps in both of your links even when they are not moving fast, the problem is because of your lousy vision capabilities, not because the general human eyes can't see it.

And hell no, the Matrix isn't even anywhere close to being the first to shoot at a higher fps and play it back at lower fps to show "slow motion". This elementary trick has been in use for DECADES before Matrix.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Seriously, if you can't see the stuttering of the lower fps in both of your links even when they are not moving fast, the problem is because of your lousy vision capabilities, not because the general human eyes can't see it.

And hell no, the Matrix isn't even anywhere close to being the first to shoot at a higher fps and play it back at lower fps to show "slow motion". This elementary trick has been in use for DECADES before Matrix.
Just looked at his "evidence". I can't understand how is there no difference. 60 fps - the picture is smooth and small details are visible, 12 fps is like a slideshow. It is especially noticeable when the object moves quickly.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Comparing FPS in a game to FPS in a video are two different things. The video fps is static. In games dynamic fps. And in general, where does the console games about them, no one spoke. You are mistaken, I'm not going to prove anything, I just don't see the point in it. Whoever is interested will find all the information on the Internet without me.
I was going to bow out but you're triggering me waaaaaaay too much. All video is static images. Each frame is a static image. the number of frames per second is how many static renders are needed each second for the frame rate. Simple tv has been 30 where I live for over two decades. Most people can notice lip sync with one frame when watching carefully.

The difference with an action game is that the render is done by the gamers video card as they move the character through the world and introduces latency and processing. VNs use static images which are prerendered, meaning they are just video files.

At least know what you're talking about.

As to what Ocean is or isn't doing - we only know what he openly talks about in devlogs, but that doesn't mean that's all he's done. Have you ever being involved in a creative field? It is common to work for 8 hours on lighting a scene only to trash it and go back to square one because you're not liking the results. Maybe you decide to stage a different scene, or change the models. All of this takes time, and most people understand that it is necessary. When I reference animations or linking the script to the renders, the transistions and the music, I am trying to suggest that Ocean isn't merely doing data entry: Ocean doesn't sit infront of a computer musing "render in render out, oh look another render out of thin air to add to the queue, I wonder who stages the scene and the lighting for me?" It'a all work, and it's not linear. Somethings take longer time because they don't feel the way they were imagined.

The actual artwork side takes time and Ocean doesn't really say too much about that, or what happens when the picture just isn't coming together in a desired way.

Then there is the phone system Ocean has repeatedly mentioned developing, which requires coding, because the person hired to expedite the coding didn't come through.

If you were a paying patron, you'd bring it up with Ocean, but instead you're talking with strangers on the internet.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
why do you count days where he works on WIAB as days where he could make SG renders? a month and a half would make it only 3 weeks where he worked on SG. you could still claim "he could've done 600 renders in that time but instead did nothing" but I guess it doesn't sound as good as "he could do 3 times more than he promised"
600 renders on SG and 600 on Wiab. This is exactly what gets 3 times more than the promised 450 renders if rounded up.
By the way, have you noticed how the number of "promised" renders went from 450 in log 7 to 350-550 in log 9 to 250-350 in log 10.
Why has the number of renders increased? 1660 (1350+310) if you round 1700 another 450 Ocean plans to make. A month and a half later, I quote Ocean: So, I'm around 1700 still renders in, and I think another 250-350 need to be made... To sum up the results for a month and a half, Ocean decided to reduce from 450 to 250-350.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
You got into someone else's conversation but you never had the mind to figure out what was at stake. Maybe you should figure it out at the beginning and then write your comments?
So what movie was it used in? If you are talking about frame-by-frame filming, then this is completely different.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
I was going to bow out but you're triggering me waaaaaaay too much. All video is static images. Each frame is a static image. the number of frames per second is how many static renders are needed each second for the frame rate. Simple tv has been 30 where I live for over two decades. Most people can notice lip sync with one frame when watching carefully.

The difference with an action game is that the render is done by the gamers video card as they move the character through the world and introduces latency and processing. VNs use static images which are prerendered, meaning they are just video files.
Well, why did you write the same thing as me only in a long version?

As to what Ocean is or isn't doing - we only know what he openly talks about in devlogs, but that doesn't mean that's all he's done.
I love reading Ocean's logs and laughing all the time as I read them. Although if you do not understand the PC, then you can not read it, you still will not understand.

It is common to work for 8 hours on lighting a scene only to trash it and go back to square one because you're not liking the results.
Haven't laughed this hard in a long time, did Ocean write that? Only those who have never rendered can believe in such stupidity. I could still believe if you said 1 hour, during which time you can remake the light slowly 6 times. Although you can start doing lighting, then go to bed, wake up and finish the job, only in this case you can believe that it took 8 hours.

• Angry
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Me reading the last... well feels like a hundred pages of this thread

At least waifu wars are more fun tolerable.
WS is banned so I have to represent :KEK:
Cheers!

screenshot0013.png

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Haven't laughed this hard in a long time, did Ocean write that? Only those who have never rendered can believe in such stupidity. I could still believe if you said 1 hour, during which time you can remake the light slowly 6 times. Although you can start doing lighting, then go to bed, wake up and finish the job, only in this case you can believe that it took 8 hours.
What BobTheDuck said is true. I'm practicing rendering. Creating good, proper lighting is one of the most difficult tasks in preparing a scene. On a par with manual posing when it comes to DAZ.
You don't necessarily have to do 8 hours of manual work, but you seem to have forgotten about the render time in order to re-render the fixed scene again. Ocean's renders are in very high quality and processing one such render can take several hours. Even on top hardware.

You don't seem to know anything about this, but you try to argue with people for the sake of argument, acting arrogant and insulting everyone in a row, repeatedly breaking the rules. It would be better if you left this place and stopped doing off-topic.

I myself don't support Ocean's decisions in everything and I am not an ardent fan of his and I support criticism, but what you do is just shitposting and arguing with everyone for nothing. This is not criticism.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I have done a lot of renders. A LOT. Some posted on these forums. Funnily enough lighting is often the biggest thing. It really can make, or break, a scene. So getting the lighting correct for 8 hours can happen. Perhaps on the more rare side of things but it is not in the realm of impossible. There is, generally, a lot to take into consideration rather than just dumping a HDRI and a few secondary sources. To really get the more top end of graphic fidelity you have to take everything into consideration otherwise your work will like like most other Daz AVNs out there. Flat and soulless visually.

Oct 10, 2022
What BobTheDuck said is true. I'm practicing rendering. Creating good, proper lighting is one of the most difficult tasks in preparing a scene. On a par with manual posing when it comes to DAZ.
You don't necessarily have to do 8 hours of manual work, but you seem to have forgotten about the render time in order to re-render the fixed scene again. Ocean's renders are in very high quality and processing one such render can take several hours. Even on top hardware.

You don't seem to know anything about this, but you try to argue with people for the sake of argument, acting arrogant and insulting everyone in a row, repeatedly breaking the rules. It would be better if you left this place and stopped doing off-topic.

I myself don't support Ocean's decisions in everything and I am not an ardent fan of his and I support criticism, but what you do is just shitposting and arguing with everyone for nothing. This is not criticism.
Dude I loved your second sign. GO DJ KinK!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes