soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Me reading the last... well feels like a hundred pages of this thread

At least waifu wars are more fun tolerable.
WS is banned so I have to represent :KEK:
Cheers!

View attachment 2862728
Wrong girl posted,Kassandara :unsure: :unsure:
there is only one divine heavenly redhead girl you can go for,
the wonderful angel of love Nia !!

Mila died after yet another failed breast augmentation,
Victoria died by falling from the highest stairs in her wheelchair,
Bella had her throat cut by a jealous,
obsessed Nami,
who was then sentenced to life imprisonment.
And in the end Sacha ran off with Jeff and all his friends,
so she gets now the most beautiful gang bang every night,

And so the the golden heavenly road is open for the only girl that matters !!
Nia is love,hope and lust,
Nia is everything,ti amo my darling :love::love:
Alady,Alady !!
Nia_4.png

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Darling, there's been one rework. Chapter 1 - Chapter 3.5 was one big rework.
Only Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 are being reworked.

Chapter 3 had two small scene changes because these scenes still used an obsolete character model (2019 Nojiko and Claire)
Chapter 3.5 only had a texture change. (You change the texture of an asset, and put em in the queue again.)

While it took time to get through the queue, changing the texture took less than two minutes.

I'm not surprised you couldn't find it. Ocean wrote that he made 1350 renders and 310 are waiting for a render. After 1.5 months, he writes that he made 1700 renders. It turns out that he rendered the remaining 310 in a day and the remaining month and a half he did nothing.
Right... I sat there... For a whole month... Doing nothing.
Sounds totally legit to me.

Log 7 provided you with three given variables:

X = Images that were rendered and are waiting for postwork.)
Y = Images that were posed, lit, and are technically done but are still waiting to be rendered.
Z = My rough estimation of how much is left to be set up & rendered.

Log 7:

X = 1350 rendered images.
Y = 310 images in the queue, but not yet rendered.
Z = ~450 renders left

Log 9:

Variable Z was given: 350-550 left.

No info about X and Y.

Log 10:

Variable X and Z were given:

X = 1700 rendered.
Z = ~250-350 left.

As you can see, 1 1/2 months later: More than 310 queued renders had finished and moved from Y to X... And this is how long it took due to the loading times of very big scenes with 12+ characters.

After I set up the renders, all renders are added to Y (The queue), then "my" work is done and the PCs do their thing of loud fan noises overnight.

My work mostly consists of setting up renders... But variable Y wasn't given to you in Log 9 or 10... You have no idea what's in the queue and what had been created, and yet you come here and say I didn't do anything for 1 1/2 months? :WaitWhat:

Regarding Z (Rough estimate of renders left)

It's a personal estimate and not accurate at all. Scenes change, I get new ideas during development and variable Z is NEVER accurate. It always ends up with more renders.

Best example: Chapter 2 Rework Part 1.

My estimate at the beginning was around 450-550. (Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm too lazy to look it up.)
End result: Almost 1000 still images.

And this up there doesn't take into account all the other things a solo dev has to do. (Others here have mentioned some of it.)

SG was simply removed from Itch a while back, no idea if it will ever be back.
It will never return to Itchio.

They don't pay VAT on behalf of the creator, which means it's up to the creator to pay it to each individual country. Which is a nightmare for your tax office and very costly.

What animation are you talking about? Ocean wrote that he made animation a long time ago. Here are his words I quote: "SG has 310 renders left in the queue, and I'd say around 450 renders are left to set up for the update to finish. (Chapter 5.)" Ocean wrote that he set up 30 renders a day.
Do you think I'm some sort of machine producing the same candy bar every single day?

Every render is different and needs different levels of attention.
I've had days where I set up 100+ renders... (Rare days, followed by strong mental fatigue)
And I have bad days where I set up 10 renders.

I also take one day a week off from setting up scenes. (Wednesday when I do the Dev Logs). But I do postwork and other stuff on said day.

I love reading Ocean's logs and laughing all the time as I read them. Although if you do not understand the PC, then you can not read it, you still will not understand.
Yeaaaaaaah... You should really do something productive with your life.
:HideThePain:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Erm, just want to add that Geralt does render. He often posts his works on these forum. Decent quality too. However just want to add a slight caveat.. Utilising DoF actually increases render times in many instances. You also use DoF to differentiate what a person should be looking at.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Hey, are we getting new versions of ocean novels? i mean, i only saw the reworked ones, but, i enjoyed for real the story, mostly sumer is gone, i really loved it

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I have 1 photorealistic frame rendered in about 90-150 seconds. All 310 frames I would do slowly in a couple of days. You made them in a month and a half. That's what I was talking about.
I actually thought you were joking with the 310 renders in one day...
You just disqualified yourself from any technical discussion about Daz rendering... (And it seems like your FPS discussion isn't going any better.)

If you had at least read most of my Dev Logs properly, you wouldn't be saying this bullshit...

As mentioned in many logs before, my SG renders take around 12min - 35min to render... But what can take up to an hour is closing and opening a scene with a lot of characters. (The queue can't force close Daz.)

Chapter 1 Rework had the big college intro scene with tons of people. Loading times in the queue between renders of up to an hour.

Go and create a real game scene with 6 decently morphed characters, a good indoor environment, and several light sources and save the render 10 times under different names and put it in a render queue... Tell me again how long it took you.

Also, make sure your Daz3D library is at least 700GB. Because Daz always loads all morphs and this is what causes the extreme loading times.

But after this post, it's obvious you're either a troll or just plain ignorant.
I won't be replying to you anymore.

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Thank you very much for those words, that's exactly what I was talking about. I have 1 photorealistic frame rendered in about 90-150 seconds. All 310 frames I would do slowly in a couple of days. You made them in a month and a half. That's what I was talking about.
Imagine the world where Daz devs can make ~300 "photorealistic" renders in a couple of days :PogChamp:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Ocean has very high-quality female models, but the background is blurred. Several hours per render? Only Ocean said it and you repeat after him. Everyone laughs at these words.
Who laughs? I see that now the whole thread is laughing at you and your nonsense.

Anyone can download a program that already has ready-made demo scenes (for example, the Blender that Ocean uses) and try to render it himself. In order not to look for pictures of suitable quality like Ocean's, you can take a photorealistic picture that will be many times better and try to render it, and it will take several minutes and not several hours like you and Ocean. And if a person is lazy, he can go to YouTube and see how long it takes. And then it will immediately be clear that you are lying.
Thank you for another proof that you know nothing about this. It takes several minutes, or even faster, to render without a model and environment. Do you understand what I mean? Simple scene - fast rendering. Complex scene - slower rendering.
That can be created fast:
5645657546.PNG
If you don't finish a complex scene to the end and try to do it quickly, you will get a grainy effect, which indicates an unfinished render that could not calculate all the environment and effects.

> After these words, I no longer believe that you can render.
And then it will immediately be clear that you are lying.
You embarrassed yourself again. Oops:
1223231.PNG
View attachment 2863011
A scene that I created a couple of months ago. It takes about 10 hours to execute it in 4K on my hardware, with hardware like Ocean it can be 2 hours, maybe faster (not a very heavy scene) in 10K iterations in DAZ Studio (a program for working with ready-made assets, simpler and more intuitive than Blender)

Well, you're lying again. I didn’t write to you, you started writing to me and, together with other fanatics, attacked me. Maybe it's better for you to leave yourself and there will be less 1 liar.
You were politely pointed out where you are wrong, both from the technical side and from what you wrote about the number of renders. I didn't see myself attacking you or insulting you or anyone else here doing it. Of course Ocean has fans who behave territorially, but most of the crowd here are adequate. Nobody attacked you.
This is you who going with "F95 CANCEL CULTURE!" :ROFLMAO: :FacePalm:

This is said by the one who has pronounced fanatic behavior. By the way, when I read the topic that I copied here, fanatics also attacked that person. They also invented facts in the same way and tried to whitewash Ocean by any means.
"Translation: I AM RIGHT, THE ONLY ONE WHO IS RIGHT! AND EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT AGREE WITH ME YOU ARE CRAZY FANATICS WHO WANT TO CANCEL ME!"

Lol, SG and WiAB not even in my Top 5 and it is me "fanatic". Can you read at all? I'm one of those people who criticized Ocean for certain ideas, but for some reason I didn't have a problem with anyone in this thread.

Last edited:

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Thank you very much for those words, that's exactly what I was talking about. I have 1 photorealistic frame rendered in about 90-150 seconds. All 310 frames I would do slowly in a couple of days. You made them in a month and a half. That's what I was talking about.
I guess if your renders are a then . not sure if it can do a 20GB+ sized scene in 4k in the same amount of time

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Not to brown nose Geralt too much or puff up their ego. But from what I have observed they tend to be the more rationally minded individuals when it comes to discussions. Rarely does he go fanatical... Well.. Unless some one disses Sage then you have brought that on yourself.

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
I completely agree. The main thing is not to mislead people.

My homie, I usually don't comment but this prompts me to do so. I'm commenting as someone who is using Honey Select 2 which takes like 3 seconds to output a screenshot (which folks call renders, but alright we can roll with it).

If you are talking about frames in animations, then please disregard my messages. If you are talking about the amount of static renders that ain't frames in animations though? Read what I write for ya below.

Doing 300-ish renders in a few days in DAZ is just not possible, my guy. I think you might be misleading here. If you have a beast PC, you can hit the render button and after a day, you might have a lot more renders than others. I don't have a PC with like a Threadripper and multiple 4090s, so I can't tell you what the maximum of renders you can do per day is. But now, hitting and waiting for the renders to finish rendering is one thing. You are only considering the end product when you hit the render button - and you are missing the whole part of having to "create" those renders first.

Those renders do not appear out of thin air for you to render. You have to pose, choose the camera angles, and sometimes re-render because you are not satisfied with the lightings or composition. And we haven't gotten into post-processing yet - which includes using...uh, I don't know what folks are using, I use Photoshop to clean my renders and sometimes to adjust color settings. For example, I busted my ass to finish about 20 renders in the past 2 days (close to 1.5 though). Posing, choosing camera angels, and placing lights and all that have already taken a full day to do. The rest is spent on post-processing the renders, cleaning out the clippings, adjust the colors and whatnot.

TLDR: You are seriously underestimating the amount of work a developer has to do. Hitting the render button is way different from actually manually making the scene (so you have something to render). Try do a scene of 20 renders from scratch, meaning you have to place them into the environment, pose them, angle the cameras, light the scene up, and post-processing if needed; and remember that you have to render natively at 4K, and then scale down to 1080p for Ren'py. Then tell me if you still can do 300 "photorealistic" renders in a day.

Last edited:

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
I actually thought you were joking with the 310 renders in one day...
You just disqualified yourself from any technical discussion about Daz rendering... (And it seems like your FPS discussion isn't going any better.)

If you had at least read most of my Dev Logs properly, you wouldn't be saying this bullshit...

As mentioned in many logs before, my SG renders take around 12min - 35min to render... But what can take up to an hour is closing and opening a scene with a lot of characters. (The queue can't force close Daz.)

Chapter 1 Rework had the big college intro scene with tons of people. Loading times in the queue between renders of up to an hour.

Go and create a real game scene with 6 decently morphed characters, a good indoor environment, and several light sources and save the render 10 times under different names and put it in a render queue... Tell me again how long it took you.

Also, make sure your Daz3D library is at least 700GB. Because Daz always loads all morphs and this is what causes the extreme loading times.

But after this post, it's obvious you're either a troll or just plain ignorant.
I won't be replying to you anymore.
That's the best thing to do,never reply to trolls,Oceanlab
don't let anyone fool you,
you are doing a great job,you make beautiful renders and characters with DAZ,
the story is building up well,

But i have a big minus:When will Nia's story come ?:cry::cry:
feel free to leave all the others out in the cold,
but finally bring out the biggest,cutest,redheaded love angel:love::love:

with kind,depressed greetings from a very long-awaited red-headed goth admirer,
who can hardly take it anymore :cry::cry:
suicide-sobbing-homer-simpson-04clfn8tby4pael3.gif

4.40 star(s) 499 Votes