sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Okay, everyone, enough about dumb rendering arguments that nobody cares about or understands.

Here is the real debate that should be going on: Who is the obvious and natural soulmate of Nika based solely on physical appearance:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I do not believe in coincidence when it comes to choosing a name. :p

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Okay, everyone, enough about dumb rendering arguments that nobody cares about or understands.

Here is the real debate that should be going on: Who is the obvious and natural soulmate of Nika based solely on physical appearance:

his sister :cool:

Oct 10, 2022
Same here even Nami too :)
Actually I thought about it and here's my top10(probably forgot a few)
  1. Cece from Leap of Faith
  2. Jaye from Chasing Sunset
  3. Amrit from STWA:Unbroken
  4. Bella from Summer's Gone
  5. Roxy from University of Problems
  6. Alex from Isabella: Dark Paths
  7. Astrid from Snowstorm
  8. Lucy from Hillside
  9. Cindy from Our Red String
  10. Luna from the DeLuca Family
I couldn't put Mia, Kindra, Shani, Erika, any character from Eternum, Aymee, Miru, Elena, Nikki etc. on the list but I believe this is it for me though I noticed I really put Bella in top5.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Not even top 5 in this game.

Victoria
Mila
Zarah
Nami
Damian the dwarf
The alien Sentinel
Marla
Coach Stahl
Bella
Truth, I never liked Bella all too well. Mostly because she has less personality than one of my dog's turds. But, I guess, it is not her personality the masses seem to like.

Reactions: c.mork

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Can you provide a scene that you rendered over 2 hours? I'll try to render at least 6x faster and then have a laugh.
No buddy, it doesn't work that way here. Create something of your own and post your works in the appropriate threads. So you will create a reputation for yourself and maybe people will trust your opinion. So far, there is zero content from you - you are just a new user who came to quarrel with people.
Will I send my work, used assets and .duf files to unknown dude? I spent a lot of time and inspiration thinking about the scenes, looking for the necessary assets, putting it all together, not for you to just copy it and press the "render" button ... For the possibility that you can make a fake copy of mine that looks worse and also declare it as your work, hurting my busin ...ahem...reputation. :ROFLMAO:

So my answer is no, I won't send you anything. And apparently, there is nothing to talk about anymore. Bye.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
No buddy, it doesn't work that way here. Create something of your own and post your works in the appropriate threads. So you will create a reputation for yourself and maybe people will trust your opinion. So far, there is zero content from you - you are just a new user who came to quarrel with people.
Will I send my work, used assets and .duf files to unknown dude? I spent a lot of time and inspiration thinking about the scenes, looking for the necessary assets, putting it all together, not for you to just copy it and press the "render" button ... For the possibility that you can make a fake copy of mine that looks worse and also declare it as your work, hurting my busin ...ahem...reputation. :ROFLMAO:

So my answer is no, I won't send you anything. And apparently, there is nothing to talk about anymore. Bye.
Hook me up with some of those sweet sweet sage files of yours.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Truth, I never liked Bella all too well. Mostly because she has less personality than one of my dog's turds. But, I guess, it is not her personality the masses seem to like.
Not even top 5 in this game.

Victoria
Mila
Zarah
Nami
Damian the dwarf
The alien Sentinel
Marla
Coach Stahl
Bella
Hah, it's exactly the opposite for me. Victoria is the least interesting for me.
So far I see it like this:
1. Bella
2. Nami
3. Zara
4. Slavic girl with a scar (Sasha, right?) I have been playing for a long time
5. Mila

Btw, anyone have thoughts on Vanessa? She scares the hell out of me.

Hook me up with some of those sweet sweet sage files of yours.

Shush... [looks around] it's shadow goods! Not exactly legal! Not in such a public place and I'll push it to you at a discount. :LOL:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Erm, just want to add that Geralt does render. He often posts his works on these forum. Decent quality too. However just want to add a slight caveat.. Utilising DoF actually increases render times in many instances. You also use DoF to differentiate what a person should be looking at.
No kidding. Even most people who don't know how to do render knows that. Only arrogant fools who think they know what they are talking about but really don't have a clue would think the "blurred background" is quicker to render.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
i mean technically you can quite easily... If your name is DPC and have 8 PCs all with 4090s... Then you can do it. But us mere mortals? hah. Good luck with that.
I'm not sure even DPC with all his equipment can do that many a day. And I know this is blasphemy to the ears of DPC diehard fans, but while his work is great, Ocean's work is at another level.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
You didn't learn how to read like that... We were talking about rendering time and not about creating a scene from scratch.
8 hours later, no render? You failed to be a good dev. You have zero credibility. The clock ticked and you wasted time generating excuses.

Doesn't matter what you said, I put you a challenge that is actually pertinent, realistic and depends on you putting your money where your mouth is, maybe you should read through everyone's replies in general and start to notice the bigger picture.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
The thing is, some angry... 'consumers' (or pirates) judge devs for taking too long with the updates. A good dev also spends time designing the scene, deciding which characters will show up (some make storyboards and sketches to get a better idea). They have to chose the best lighting, and my poor knowledge of DAZ is that it's very problematic with facial expressions, so they make sure to fix that so the models don't look like trolls or weird (gentle nudge to Ocean's earlier models of Nami and Bella smiling :KEK:).
A dev with generic models, not good enough render quality, basic (amateurish) clothes with bad textures and a very simplistic story like "MC has a huge dick and he always bangs all the girls and they all love him and it's harem" will usually throw updates quicker than a dev who actually focuses on render quality, a coherent story and complex dialogue.

Some entitled people in this site seem to underestimate all the work the dev has to do. It's not just 'push the button and render!'. They have to tweak some models and sometimes edit some renders, they have to get good music and deal with licenses, they have to design the scenarios, choose the animations, write dialogue and story, maake a general revision to see if everything fits and even then sometimes they make last minutes changes (Oh, dev wants to render an awesome detailed scene with 8 characters? Best I can do is 4, or I'll melt!).
And then again, devs are people, shocker. Some have families, you can't expect a human being to be working all day long without time for recreational time, breaks, socializing, sick days etc.

Then when you try to explain these things to them, they tell you you're ass kissing...but oh well. I've not always like some of Ocean's decisions and character changes, but that doesn't mean I'm going to avoid mentioning how ridiculous some people are, treating the devs (not just Ocean) as robots who are supposed to produce readymade renders like a little factory.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
So far, there is zero content from you - you are just a new user who came to quarrel with people.
Well, here again you're lying, I'm not interested in you, like many others. It was you who started writing to me, not me to you.

So you will create a reputation for yourself and maybe people will trust your opinion.
What is the reputation of a liar like you, ZERO? Although I will give you the opportunity to raise it. Remember how you called my words about FPS nonsense? So I managed to talk to those guys who, for the sake of fun, made 10 animations with different fps and showed them to people. They agreed to provide their animations in exchange for being asked to film everything on camera and hand it over to them. I hope you don't mind video filming? By the way, the record was 6 out of 10 guessed pictures, and then the record holder admitted that he guessed the FPS by accident. Since you are confident in yourself and consider my words nonsense, I think you can easily beat this record. The conditions are as follows: 10 animations with different fps will be shown in turn in a random order, and you will write the number of the animation and its fps on paper. By the way, do you remember the animation of the bird that I showed? There you can see the difference when she quickly flaps her wings, so there will be no such clues here. You will see an animation of a slowly walking person or a sailing ship. We can also make this challenge even more fun, for example: if you guess the fps of the animation, I will give you $1000 if you don't guess, will you pay me $1000?

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Well, here again you're lying, I'm not interested in you, like many others. It was you who started writing to me, not me to you.

What is the reputation of a liar like you, ZERO? Although I will give you the opportunity to raise it. Remember how you called my words about FPS nonsense? So I managed to talk to those guys who, for the sake of fun, made 10 animations with different fps and showed them to people. They agreed to provide their animations in exchange for being asked to film everything on camera and hand it over to them. I hope you don't mind video filming? By the way, the record was 6 out of 10 guessed pictures, and then the record holder admitted that he guessed the FPS by accident. Since you are confident in yourself and consider my words nonsense, I think you can easily beat this record. The conditions are as follows: 10 animations with different fps will be shown in turn in a random order, and you will write the number of the animation and its fps on paper. By the way, do you remember the animation of the bird that I showed? There you can see the difference when she quickly flaps her wings, so there will be no such clues here. You will see an animation of a slowly walking person or a sailing ship. We can also make this challenge even more fun, for example: if you guess the fps of the animation, I will give you $1000 if you don't guess, will you pay me $1000?
lysol-big-bang-theory.gif

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022

1692523128478.png

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I work in Blender why should I be interested in Daz?
no reason. but I hope you understand that not all advice that works for Blender would work in Daz? so giving links to Blender videos when someone asks about Daz sounds like "my truck can cross this river in 5 minutes. if your sports car needs to drive an hour to the nearest bridge before crossing it you can't drive"

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
This Thread is bout that fucking VN on not your retarded Rendering Times. Oh my God bla bla bla.

View attachment 2864452
This is not one of your ordinary boob-tiering threads, it's a very intelligent and technical thread. Even the trolls here are baiting people in with vram sizes and average bootloading times of rendering software!

4.40 star(s) 500 Votes