PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
And not being as experienced and skilled from day one as he is now was an even worse move! He had to rework some parts later. :) But actually Ocean answered this a few times.

So you think he's not being completely honest here? Because if burnout is the issue, then it's not so obvious that dropping WIAB will significantly speed up the development of the SG. Instead of working on WIAB, he probably will stare at the screen, or worse, will play Baldurs Gate 3 to cooldown the burnout :)

Dunno about Ocean, but when I was working on my diploma project, I played HMM3 all the time. I fought burnout the best I could!
BTW, we shouldn't talk about dropping WIAB so loud, these guys from the WIAB thread are quite nervous about that :)
Hey - How did you know I was playing Baldurs Gate 3?? :cool:

s3xxxypig6669

Feb 4, 2023
Is the linked Itch Version not supported?
I'd prefer purchasing on Itch or GOG rather than Steam, I rarely use my Steam and Epic accounts nowadays

m111m123

May 31, 2022
Where do you get this bizarre notion that the human eye can't see past 14 fps? I can definitely tell the difference between 60 and 144. 14 look choppy.
This is an old study for the film industry that was done 40 years ago, if not more. And how are you going to distinguish between 60 fps and 144 fps video? I heard this several times from different people, they claimed that they could also distinguish FPS, but when it came to a dispute, everyone lost money. If you want to participate in such a dispute, then I would not advise you. A 14fps video will only be choppy if it has been compressed. For example: You can make a 60fps video and compress to 15 or make a 240fps video and compress to 60 in both these cases the video will be choppy.

• Angry
Reactions: nobody0

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Are there any statistics on the popularity of certain LIs? It can be assumed that the top 3 is Bella, Nami and Sasha. But what about the rest?

guwieneczko

Apr 20, 2018
This is an old study for the film industry that was done 40 years ago, if not more. And how are you going to distinguish between 60 fps and 144 fps video? I heard this several times from different people, they claimed that they could also distinguish FPS, but when it came to a dispute, everyone lost money. If you want to participate in such a dispute, then I would not advise you. A 14fps video will only be choppy if it has been compressed. For example: You can make a 60fps video and compress to 15 or make a 240fps video and compress to 60 in both these cases the video will be choppy.
I suggest you meet with someone who owns 144Hz monitor and ask them to show you this website on their monitor (of cource if they set it up properly and id actually uses 144Hz)

you'll be surprised. most people would see the difference between 30vs60 and few less would notice difference 60vs144, but it is noticable if you spot it :)

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I think there is some confusion, the study says that the human eye can process up to 16 individual images per second, that if you exceed that number you start to perceive movement.
It also talks about the standard filming (24 fps for film and 30 for digital) and talks about light intervals to establish how much the human eye is capable of.
There is a lot of new research that talks about how the higher the refresh rate and fps, the greater the advantage.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
The point is the animations are extra renders, and if there are 310 renders in the cue, and 450 still being positioned and shot, Ocean isn't doing nothing, Ocean is working on the scenes yet to be made. That is the creative part, positioning the models, setting the light sources etc. SOme scenes are bigger or more critical than others, and Ocean might spend longer on lighting. It's none of my business how long Ocean takes to be happy with a scene before it's ready to render.
What animation are you talking about? Ocean wrote that he made animation a long time ago. Here are his words I quote: "SG has 310 renders left in the queue, and I'd say around 450 renders are left to set up for the update to finish. (Chapter 5.)" Ocean wrote that he set up 30 renders a day. In a month and a half, he could make not only the promised 450 renders, but 3 times more. But he didn't make them. You again pass off your fantasies as reality, but why? Ocean himself refutes your words.

Reactions: risky0

m111m123

May 31, 2022
I suggest you meet with someone who owns 144Hz monitor and ask them to show you this website on their monitor (of cource if they set it up properly and id actually uses 144Hz)

you'll be surprised. most people would see the difference between 30vs60 and few less would notice difference 60vs144, but it is noticable if you spot it :)
under what conditions will they see it 30 and 60fps? If the movie is on, they won't notice the difference. If there are images of very fast objects, for example: an arrow flying in real time ... then in this case you can still see the difference, and then depending on what angle the camera is at. If such a person appears who can distinguish 15, 24,30,48,60,90,120,144 fps, then we will all immediately know about him because he will fall into the Guinness Book of Records.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
What animation are you talking about? Ocean wrote that he made animation a long time ago. Here are his words I quote: "SG has 310 renders left in the queue, and I'd say around 450 renders are left to set up for the update to finish. (Chapter 5.)" Ocean wrote that he set up 30 renders a day. In a month and a half, he could make not only the promised 450 renders, but 3 times more. But he didn't make them. You again pass off your fantasies as reality, but why? Ocean himself refutes your words.
did you miss a part where it was 30 renders per 2 days because every other day is WIAB or do you just quote random parts of dev logs until it fits whatever point you're trying to make?

anyway, even if we ignore that apparently "not doing new renders" = "doing nothing", the easiest explanation is, Ocean wrote some scenes, thought he needs a few hundred renders for them, then a few days later read them and decided he can make them shorter or doesn't need them at all. or do you never read what you write before posting it as well?

m111m123

May 31, 2022
I think there is some confusion, the study says that the human eye can process up to 16 individual images per second, that if you exceed that number you start to perceive movement.
There is a lot of new research that talks about how the higher the refresh rate and fps, the greater the advantage.
probably you and I read different studies, the one I read indicated 14 fps, although I think this is not important.
It's not about the advantage, just 2 possibilities appear at high FPS:
1. It is better to see fast-moving objects, if there are no fast-moving objects, then all the meaning of high fps is lost.

2. It becomes possible to slow down time. You shoot 2 seconds at 60 fps and show 6 seconds at 20 fps. If I'm not mistaken, this was first used in the movie The Matrix.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
did you miss a part where it was 30 renders per 2 days because every other day is WIAB or do you just quote random parts of dev logs until it fits whatever point you're trying to make?
Quoting Ocean's words: "So I set up 1610 still renders alone for SG in around 53 SG days. (Total of 107 days since development started for Ch5. Divided by two as every other day is WiAB.)"
If I missed the part in which Ocean writes 30 renders in 2 days, tell me in which log it was written and I will fix everything right away. I doubt that you will tell the log because I quoted Ocean and you quoted yourself.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Quoting Ocean's words: "So I set up 1610 still renders alone for SG in around 53 SG days. (Total of 107 days since development started for Ch5. Divided by two as every other day is WiAB.)"
If I missed the part in which Ocean writes 30 renders in 2 days, tell me in which log it was written and I will fix everything right away. I doubt that you will tell the log because I quoted Ocean and you quoted yourself.
Divided by two as every other day is WiAB
do you never read what you write before posting it as well?

m111m123

May 31, 2022
It's nothing more than a myth popularized nowadays by console gamers, only these days it's about "the human eye can't see more than 30 fps".
Of course, this is all nonsense, including what you are trying to prove.
Comparing FPS in a game to FPS in a video are two different things. The video fps is static. In games dynamic fps. And in general, where does the console games about them, no one spoke. You are mistaken, I'm not going to prove anything, I just don't see the point in it. Whoever is interested will find all the information on the Internet without me.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
If I missed the part in which Ocean writes 30 renders in 2 days, tell me in which log it was written and I will fix everything right away. I doubt that you will tell the log because I quoted Ocean and you quoted yourself. Divided by two as every other day is WiAB do you never read what you write before posting it as well?
Even 5 years old children know how to use a calculator. I'll have to explain to you like you're a little kid.... Ocean has been developing for 107 days, every 2 days he's been working on Wiab. We take 107 divided by 2 and we get 53 days on average. During those 53 days, Ocean produced 1610 renders for SG. And now we divide 1610 by 53 and get 30 renders per day on average.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes