Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
I will be probably September update, beta. Full probably in November or around Christmas... At least that's all for Season one. Season 2 ch.1 probably April 2024. It should get a little faster without reworking earlier chapters. WIAB is near completion too.
Well, flank ahead Ocean...
Oh, has he revised his plans to rework chapters 3 and 4? I was holding off on this because he was fiddling with the earlier chapters again. This would be great news if he's focusing on new content.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Oh, has he revised his plans to rework chapters 3 and 4? I was holding off on this because he was fiddling with the earlier chapters again. This would be great news if he's focusing on new content.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Afaik there was never plans to rework chapter 3 or 4, some minor stuff will be fixed from chapter 3 but that comes with the chapter 2 rework.

So basically when chapter 5 full comes there will be no reworks any more.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Afaik there was never plans to rework chapter 3 or 4, some minor stuff will be fixed from chapter 3 but that comes with the chapter 2 rework.

So basically when chapter 5 full comes there will be no reworks any more.
If you mean, did Ocean announce plans to completely rework chapters 3 and 4, then I haven't heard anything like that either. Here's what he actually said about the reworks:

Only Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 are being reworked.

Chapter 3 had two small scene changes because these scenes still used an obsolete character model (2019 Nojiko and Claire)
Chapter 3.5 only had a texture change. (You change the texture of an asset, and put em in the queue again.)

While it took time to get through the queue, changing the texture took less than two minutes.

markyzac

Nov 5, 2020
Guys I have come back after many many months when is the next update I checked the recent pages i couldn't see anything dev update

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Guys I have come back after many many months when is the next update I checked the recent pages i couldn't see anything dev update

Hello,

So, I've recently returned from a forced five-day mountain vacation.

Even though I was set on sitting it out, I came across a very interesting video about mental health, and it said you should treat burnout as if it's inevitable.

No worries, I have no signs of burnout, but I found the video very interesting and should take more precautions. (I already do lots of sports, but I also need time away from screens.)

From now on, I will force myself to take at least a 3-day vacation every 4-6 months.

1. Loan-bibi

31st of August... is the day all tax offices must have submitted the 2021 numbers... And well, I talked about it before that my old tax office is terrible.

I was getting increasingly nervous that they wouldn't make it and I would have to pay a fine. (Which the tax guy would be liable for... But still, that would be so much unnecessary drama.)

So instead of my usual kind approach, where I offer help 24/7, etc... I started threatening them with some thingies, and voila... In less than a day I got my 2021 numbers.

As soon as I get the papers from the financial office of Berlin. I'll get the loan for the workstation. I already talked to my bank and we came up with something.
It takes about 2-3 months to get your papers (Steuerbescheid)... So it will still be a while.

2. 4090
I got a 4090 for SG to see if it could render animations faster... Here are the numbers for those interested.

2x3090
4K Still render = 13:06min
5 Frame animation = 5:56min

1x4090
4K still render = 15:23
5 Frame animation = 5:21

1x 4090 + 1x 3090
4K still render = 9:47
5 Frame animation = 4:20min

By getting the 4090 and pairing it with a 3090, I got a decent boost in rendering speed. It will do until I get the new Workstation.

I now have 2x3090 as backup GPUs if a GPU should die.

3. Victoria cinematic Chapter 1

I mentioned that I would remove the scene where MC has the choice to shoot Marla and replace it with a cinematic.

The music artist now signed the contract, and I can get started on it shortly. I will include it in Chapter 5 Beta.

4. Treats

I haven't done Treats since Dev Log #8's Nadia treats.

And I still haven't finished a set but I had a few renders lying around from sets I canceled a while ago... Three renders to be exact... So instead of letting them rot, I'm just gonna post them today.

(Deep Cleavages & legs)

5. Previews (4K is attached.)

I primarily focus on Chapter 5, but recently I did a few more Chapter 2 Rework renders. Here are two comparisons.
Old CH2
View attachment 2872292
New CH2
View attachment 2872289
Old CH2
View attachment 2872291
New CH2
View attachment 2872290
I put up a Chapter 5 Preview block. So no more previews until the release... But here's one I can probably still show...
View attachment 2872296

I'll see you in two weeks with most likely great news...

- Ocean

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
Well, we just have to wait for the episode where MC is having his therapy session in the cabin, I guess.

Anyway, I wonder why everybody's arguing about what really happened to Summer, but no one's asking about the "other mystery" in this story, that is what happened to Bella's sister.
This is only me but I think she got raped by Holgerson and the only person that she could talk about it was Bella, and at some point she couldn't deal with it anymore so she decided to "end it". That would explain why Bella despises that family and tends to relate them with pedophiles.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
It's called trolling without putting effort in it.
If it's the first time I've seen someone here on the SG thread, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and invite them for a discussion.

I'm tired of the trolls but I also recognize that new people to this thread could have some erroneous perceptions regarding SG and/or the dev.

If my response prompts a discussion - that's great - one community member helping another.

If I get no response or a garbage response - I'm highly likely to ignore future posts!

Cheers! :coffee:

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes