Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
The scene kind of speaks for itself. It's safe to say that the first team is full of douchebags; that they humiliate freshmen from the very beginning and asserting dominance; that MC and Dwight would likely have a conflict, their Orcs vs. Humans face-to-face kinda impy this.
You guys took that scene way too seriously. It's just hazing with some light gay comments to make fun of the situation. It isn't that uncommon in frat boy circles and things like that. I live in the middle of Europe and one of my best friends had a hazing like that when he started his social club activities in university, 7 years ago. As far as we know they aren't douches, maybe just a little too arrogant but we are explained that this is like the first team in forever that are actually very good, not just decent. And we're shown multiple characters of that team that genuinely seem like good people, like Aziz for example, we saw the dude named Dex being a decent chap with Jeffrey and to the MC, and we're also shown a few others. So far they all seem decent enough with no real douchebags.

Even my opinion of Mario has gone up a bit when you talk to Vanessa about him the night at Nick's home, as he might not be the asshole self-centered douchebag that he appears to be on the surface when he is first presented. Maybe he just acts that way to blend in his rich kids social circle.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
You guys took that scene way too seriously. It's just hazing with some light gay comments to make fun of the situation. It isn't that uncommon in frat boy circles and things like that. I live in the middle of Europe and one of my best friends had a hazing like that when he started his social club activities in university, 7 years ago.
I'm almost convinced, although...

Nah, I think Dwight just wanna to destroy MC's asshole(Literally) and then he'll leave him be.
Dwight seems like a pretty determined guy, he's the captain of the first team after all, and he licked his lips when he said he liked the MC, so... Be careful, Nika... Damn, that name doesn't help :KEK:

Last edited:

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
You guys took that scene way too seriously. It's just hazing with some light gay comments to make fun of the situation. It isn't that uncommon in frat boy circles and things like that. I live in the middle of Europe and one of my best friends had a hazing like that when he started his social club activities in university, 7 years ago. As far as we know they aren't douches, maybe just a little too arrogant but we are explained that this is like the first team in forever that are actually very good, not just decent. And we're shown multiple characters of that team that genuinely seem like good people, like Aziz for example, we saw the dude named Dex being a decent chap with Jeffrey and to the MC, and we're also shown a few others. So far they all seem decent enough with no real douchebags.

Even my opinion of Mario has gone up a bit when you talk to Vanessa about him the night at Nick's home, as he might not be the asshole self-centered douchebag that he appears to be on the surface when he is first presented. Maybe he just acts that way to blend in his rich kids social circle.
I think your friend forgot to mention the part where his fraternity brothers fucked him in the ass, but what am I going to know, here at universities in a third world country there are no fraternities. here we harass people in the classic way with a beating and some insults, but well the Europeans are pioneers in producing weird things in the sexual field.. :HideThePain:

80d7q4.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Don Sucio

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I'm glad Ocean actually put a lot more male characters in this game - since it will be heavily focused on sports, it'll be good to have some legit masculine characters there to create some drama, friendships, etc. They'll help in hammering home the value of MC working his way up the depth chart there and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make some enemies, too. All of these things will play a part in shaping the player's narrative both socially, and romantically due to interactions.

This is a key reason this game has the potential to be really special - the larger cast will play a huge part.

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
I'm glad Ocean actually put a lot more male characters in this game - since it will be heavily focused on sports, it'll be good to have some legit masculine characters there to create some drama, friendships, etc. They'll help in hammering home the value of MC working his way up the depth chart there and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make some enemies, too. All of these things will play a part in shaping the player's narrative both socially, and romantically due to interactions.

This is a key reason this game has the potential to be really special - the larger cast will play a huge part.
let's see if we can see that potential, if oceanlab doesn't decide to remake every new chapter it releases.. :Kappa:

80dbiv.jpg

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
chapter 5 preview Dwight vs nika. :HideThePain:

View attachment 2956458
This reminds me of some of the games here, only Nika would be a helpless girl there. Not my cup of tea.
I think you're exaggerating the sexual implications of this scene: a bunch of alphas showing a newbies their place. Trey submitted to them and was humiliated, Nika showed that he was ready for a confrontation, and... Coach Stahl saved him :) It's not that Dwight and his buddies were going to gangrape them at the stairs of the gym.
There's one game here, where was a scene: a guy tells his friend a funny story about how he picked up a pretty girl, but when he started to undress her, he discovered that hers is bigger that his :) Joke is older than me, but what a chaos started in the game's thread.
Some started shouting that the game urgently needed a "futa/trans" tag. No matter how the dev tried to explain that it was just a joke, that the game wasn’t about that at all, and that there would be no more girls with dicks anywhere in the future, the game was still tagged. Then futa/trans admirers came running and began to be indignant that the tag is lying and was staged in order to lure more people. Then there were those who were dissatisfied with the way the trans person was shown. It all ended with the dev said "fuck it", and cut that side girl's dick :)
BTW, do you know, that in the earlier version of Summer's Gone a trans character was planned, and game asked at the start if you want to enable the trans content? :HideThePain:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
let's see if we can see that potential, if oceanlab doesn't decide to remake every new chapter it releases.. :Kappa:
I don't think Oceanlab has been remaking any of the chapters that he released himself. The chapters he's remaking were released by another dev (I don't remember the name) Ocean "outsourced" to make another of his games he was planning at the time.

Anyone who remembers it better, correct me if I'm wrong.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I don't think Oceanlab has been remaking any of the chapters that he released himself. The chapters he's remaking were released by another dev (I don't remember the name) Ocean "outsourced" to make another of his games he was planning at the time.

Anyone who remembers it better, correct me if I'm wrong.
If I remeber it right, this is correct for SG. At the beginning, the game was being developed by that Regium guy, based on a Ocean's story. But WIAB is the Ocean's own early work, and he decided to remake the game from scratch.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
So I played this a long time ago back when one of the first versions came out and I haven't touched it since. The remaster is definitely well done, and I'm enjoying it.

But something just gnaws on me that I hate so much. If Victoria is supposed to be one of the main LI's, why is she barely in it? The MC has spent at least 3 times the amount of time with every other character in this WVM-sized roster of women than her.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
So I played this a long time ago back when one of the first versions came out and I haven't touched it since. The remaster is definitely well done, and I'm enjoying it.

But something just gnaws on me that I hate so much. If Victoria is supposed to be one of the main LI's, why is she barely in it? The MC has spent at least 3 times the amount of time with every other character in this WVM-sized roster of women than her.
Man, don't even start it... You can imagine how the team Sasha feels. At least Vic got some quality screen time in Chapter 4.5, but there's no hope that Sasha will shine before season two. And Ocean said that she was his favorite, love has its weird ways... A dev needs to release 5K static renders in one update so that people feel the progression of each girl's storyline. And with the cast like in SG, probably even more. I only know one dev who does this :)
If I understood correctly what Ocean said at times, each main girl will have her own decent part of the story, but not at the same time. And the MC kind of told Vic in the last chapter that he's been deliberately avoiding her lately. He said something like that he was too rude and edgy for such a softie person like Vic and was afraid of unintentionally hurting her. What a lame excuse :)

Interemptor

Aug 31, 2022
The simple fact that we and Ocean need to come to terms with is that at this pace, both games are far more likely to be abandoned down the road rather than finished. He needs to expedite his development process. Maybe hire some people and/or get better hardware. It'll be a shame if he never finishes this as it's become my favorite game on this site.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Man, don't even start it... You can imagine how the team Sasha feels. At least Vic got some quality screen time in Chapter 4.5, but there's no hope that Sasha will shine before season two. And Ocean said that she was his favorite, love has its weird ways... A dev needs to release 5K static renders in one update so that people feel the progression of each girl's storyline. And with the cast like in SG, probably even more. I only know one dev who does this :)
If I understood correctly what Ocean said at times, each main girl will have her own decent part of the story, but not at the same time. And the MC kind of told Vic in the last chapter that he's been deliberately avoiding her lately. He said something like that he was too rude and edgy for such a softie person like Vic and was afraid of unintentionally hurting her. What a lame excuse :)
Well, little too many LI's fighting for pole position. Ocean said who are his favorites, but game progresses slow and is up to this point Nami&Bella-centric... Bella's content was in 4.5 very little, but we had some progress in Vic's, Zara's and Vanessa's story. I'm sure Sasha will have her content soon.
It's nice to have so many likable characters, but for now in front are probably Bella&Nami... It doesn't mean much, game is practically still in beginnings. We're at the end of first season... There are still characters there with no or little story.

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
image.png

So I have a bug to report, if this is where to do it. If not, point me in the right direction.

Couple shots in this scene have Bella showing up instead of Mila.

Reactions: rudy007

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

I definitely agree. Our little sweetheart doesn't get near enough screen time. Oceans owes us a whole Vic chapter I think :love:

Reactions: yossa999

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
And the MC kind of told Vic in the last chapter that he's been deliberately avoiding her lately. He said something like that he was too rude and edgy for such a softie person like Vic and was afraid of unintentionally hurting her. What a lame excuse :)
Are you sure about that is some lame excuse?

Strictly theoretical question: MC knows himself that he is too rough, harsh, brute, etc. What if MC honestly believes that he would hurt Vic with a word or an action?

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes