RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021
I dont know how many years will it take to get a decent sex scenes and progression but every few weeks i replay just because of nami.
I wish dev just focuses on this game.I understand working alone is hard but we are getting old if every update takes like a year with multiple damn branches.I love the game btw

Reactions: Kokodeska

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I dont know how many years will it take to get a decent sex scenes and progression but every few weeks i replay just because of nami.
I wish dev just focuses on this game.I understand working alone is hard but we are getting old if every update takes like a year with multiple damn branches.I love the game btw
If one thinks rationally that will be the case: 1. either one dies before game is done, 2. game gets abandoned. No matter which, logic dictates that we will not experience the finished game. So our only hope is, that somehow we get enough content by the time the game gets abandoned or we die, cause in a finished state we won't see this one for sure. But I think this is something everyone knows here.

Reactions: Wildehilde

RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021
If one thinks rationally that will be the case: 1. either one dies before game is done, 2. game gets abandoned. No matter which, logic dictates that we will not experience the finished game. So our only hope is, that somehow we get enough content by the time the game gets abandoned or we die, cause in a finished state we won't see this one for sure. But I think this is something everyone knows here.
Well finally someone who thinks objectively.I really love the game but i dont know if it can be an excuse or not but patreon refuses my payment and i really want to support this game so he can see clearly that people expects progression for this game. I will buy the game on steam if he releases the chapter 6 before i get andropause.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
It´s really tragic: here we have one of the best AVN´s ever, but can assume it´s never get finished :cry:

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
It´s really tragic: here we have one of the best AVN´s ever, but can assume it´s never get finished :cry:
I see another "rework" in the near future. It's apparent to me, the MC will turn into the worlds biggest cuck (next to Will), with how Bella is treating him. Actually, I've only found three changes that made the story a little better. The rest just felt like a shot in the foot for me.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
OK - so let's tackle the 'rational' comment first:

Any human endeavor can fail - from friendship, marriage, & job to New Year's resolution to lose X weight by Y date.

So - do we stop living and enjoying different aspects of life because this is a fact?

No

Determination and drive are keys to success, aka you get back up regardless of how many times you get knocked down.

Every creator has experienced this and every creator who is still active has gotten up one more time than they have been knocked down.

Is there a risk of the following: Ocean gets bored and stops creating, he gets hit by a bus and can no longer create, a CME hit Europe sending it into the dark ages, (insert any other disaster you want that affects small to large groups of people - Ocean included - up to and including the entire planet).

YES

Rationally - bad shit happens.

Rationally - good things also happen.

You posit, as certain: '1. either one dies before game is done, 2. game gets abandoned.'

I disagree.

Neither of us have the crystal ball to prove our points so we will simply have to agree to disagree about your certainty of doom.

Now:

Summers Gone is The most ambitious AVN I support with my $.

It has a creation horizon going into the 2040s at the current rate of creation.

This tells me I have decades to look forward to more of Summers Gone, and I view that as a good thing, another 'companion' for the journey that lay before me.

I get to enjoy a story with characters that resonate with me and take a journey with a Very good storyteller who is constantly working to improve his craft.

Would I like more story more often - Of Course!!

But I would not want it at the expense of diminishing the quality I've come to enjoy and associate with Summers Gone.

My final thoughts --

If SG stopped today and we got no more of this amazing AVN - I would still count every $ I spent supporting Ocean as well spent.

I would still rate SG as a top four AVN of all the AVNs I've enjoyed up to this date.

Good stories have and do enrich my life - Summers Gone is among them.

Cheers!! :coffee:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

Any human endeavor can fail - from friendship, marriage, & job to New Year's resolution to lose X weight by Y date.

So - do we stop living and enjoying different aspects of life because this is a fact?

No

Determination and drive are keys to success, aka you get back up regardless of how many times you get knocked down.

Every creator has experienced this and every creator who is still active has gotten up one more time than they have been knocked down.

Is there a risk of the following: Ocean gets bored and stops creating, he gets hit by a bus and can no longer create, a CME hit Europe sending it into the dark ages, (insert any other disaster you want that affects small to large groups of people - Ocean included - up to and including the entire planet).

YES

You posit, as certain: '1. either one dies before game is done, 2. game gets abandoned.'

I disagree.

Neither of us have the crystal ball to prove our points so we will simply have to agree to disagree about your certainty of doom.

Now:

This tells me I have decades to look forward to more of Summers Gone, and I view that as a good thing, another 'companion' for the journey that lay before me.

I get to enjoy a story with characters that resonate with me and take a journey with a Very good storyteller who is constantly working to improve his craft.

But I would not want it at the expense of diminishing the quality I've come to enjoy and associate with Summers Gone.

My final thoughts --

If SG stopped today and we got no more of this amazing AVN - I would still count every $ I spent supporting Ocean as well spent.

I would still rate SG as a top four AVN of all the AVNs I've enjoyed up to this date.

I agree, there is far to much cynicism when creative pursuits require a lot of sacrifices. One of the things is "the current rate of creation" - every extrapolation is based on current technology, not the stuff that will be available in a year or two. It is based on current work practice, rather than Ocean actually becoming successful enough to expand his team (first expanding into reliable sub contractors, then later maybe casual employees? Who knows?)

Extrapolating on the status quo would assume no inventions ever get made - history has shown human endeavour increases in complexity and discovery. So why is there not an equal belief in both potential sides of the coin? The negative disposition seems very disproportionate.

Ocean simply needs a little more velocity to get the ball rolling a little bit faster, and suddenly there are a lot more options. My predictions is that once the reworks are both done, they will take a huge weight off Ocean's mind, freeing up mental space to focus on going forward. CH3 in WiaB kinda will be that moment for that story, as it's already progressing differently to the original, enough that it's doing it's own thing and no longer a remake tying Ocean to the past work. SG will achieve that with CH5 full - only new content from then. THe second thing is the steam release - for better or worse, SG will be public, which means it is fixed in place. Ocean won't be able to do reworks like he can with patrons. That will also be good for Ocean - something that is locked off, that he can't return to, only build on.

I'm actually quite excited and hopeful for the next development cycle of SG CH6 and WiaB CH4. Both are developing in plot rapidly even if people's preferred kinks are somewhere over the horizon - I'm impatient to know more about what's going on.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017

No

YES

I disagree.

Now:

My final thoughts --

"So our only hope is, that somehow we get enough content by the time the game gets abandoned or we die" I think I have written the same, just with different words. The 2040 thing is a good estimate. But considering the fact that most not so profitable games tend to get abandoned the longer they run(so not the cash cows), with such a far away date and because SG is not as profitable as games with. eg. Greek letters in their names...you get it.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022

No

YES

I disagree.

Now:

My final thoughts --

This forum needs a barf emoticon...

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I agree, there is far to much cynicism when creative pursuits require a lot of sacrifices. One of the things is "the current rate of creation" - every extrapolation is based on current technology, not the stuff that will be available in a year or two. It is based on current work practice, rather than Ocean actually becoming successful enough to expand his team (first expanding into reliable sub contractors, then later maybe casual employees? Who knows?)

Extrapolating on the status quo would assume no inventions ever get made - history has shown human endeavour increases in complexity and discovery. So why is there not an equal belief in both potential sides of the coin? The negative disposition seems very disproportionate.

Ocean simply needs a little more velocity to get the ball rolling a little bit faster, and suddenly there are a lot more options. My predictions is that once the reworks are both done, they will take a huge weight off Ocean's mind, freeing up mental space to focus on going forward. CH3 in WiaB kinda will be that moment for that story, as it's already progressing differently to the original, enough that it's doing it's own thing and no longer a remake tying Ocean to the past work. SG will achieve that with CH5 full - only new content from then. THe second thing is the steam release - for better or worse, SG will be public, which means it is fixed in place. Ocean won't be able to do reworks like he can with patrons. That will also be good for Ocean - something that is locked off, that he can't return to, only build on.

I'm actually quite excited and hopeful for the next development cycle of SG CH6 and WiaB CH4. Both are developing in plot rapidly even if people's preferred kinks are somewhere over the horizon - I'm impatient to know more about what's going on.
I believe that Steam success will open a lot of doors, from added creation help (in the form of good/great independent creators like the person who Ocean hired to create the outdoor exercise field for Summers Gone, CH 4) to more and better music options.

I think Ocean's success could even get indie music support with some creators deciding to give Ocean preferential content access/cost knowing that his growing audience will also get introduced to their music and likely grow their fan base.

I held off on adding these kinds of points though as I wanted to focus on what we know now versus our hopeful thinking of what might come with Steam success and future tech advances.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I believe that Steam success will open a lot of doors, from added creation help (in the form of good/great independent creators like the person who Ocean hired to create the outdoor exercise field for Summers Gone, CH 4) to more and better music options.

I think Ocean's success could even get indie music support with some creators deciding to give Ocean preferential content access/cost knowing that his growing audience will also get introduced to their music and likely grow their fan base.

I held off on adding these kinds of points though as I wanted to focus on what we know now versus our hopeful thinking of what might come with Steam success and future tech advances.

I agreed - it's too easy to project our own wishes onto any endeavour. I think it's important to consider that there is no reason that is more likely for success or failure, as some setbacks lead to better advances. Almost every success or failure arrived from somewhere left field when looking in hindsight; the majority of our projections never eventuate in quite the way we think they will. Much easier to enjoy the scenery on the way, especially the well rendered scenery :)

Reactions: Maviarab

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

No

YES

I disagree.

Now:

My final thoughts --

I really liked this message, there are some things I agree with and some things I don't agree with. However, I only respond for one reason, statistically, at least one of those who read your message will not be alive at the end of SG.:WeSmart::HideThePain:

I agree more with Pax's initial position, you cannot project on what you do not have. Today, as things stand, I subscribe to the time he indicates. If things change, it will be at that time that it should be corrected, not today.
Because if we stick to the facts, the year 2022 was much more productive for Ocean than 2023. And that's with what he has on hand today, the improvements he has already purchased.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I really liked this message, there are some things I agree with and some things I don't agree with. However, I only respond for one reason, statistically, at least one of those who read your message will not be alive at the end of SG.:WeSmart::HideThePain:

I agree more with Pax's initial position, you cannot project on what you do not have. Today, as things stand, I subscribe to the time he indicates. If things change, it will be at that time that it should be corrected, not today.
Because if we stick to the facts, the year 2022 was much more productive for Ocean than 2023. And that's with what he has on hand today, the improvements he has already purchased.
I actually took the comment to mean that Ocean will either die or abandon SG, which is why I said I disagreed and mentioned disaster scenarios potentially impacting him.

I treat it is a given that some of those who enjoy a creation will not survive it to that creation's completion.

I actually use the negative comments I read about SG and other AVNs as fuel for exercise - part of my 'get off my ass' and workout plan. I also use every athletic scene I view in every replay for the same purpose.

It is too easy to get comfortable and Not exercise so I find some of my workout fuel in unusual places... :D

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Perfectionists tend to do things slower cause well, they're perfectionists. It's a curse and a blessing.
But also, I wouldn't underestimate the stubbornness of a perfectionist to finish/accomplish/complete something.
There are diminishing returns.

Ocean quality is already wayyyy over what is needed. Focus on speed would be most welcome instead.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Interesting... I thought the book club meeting was a waste of an update. Just kind of indulgent and didn't move the story forward, other than the scene with Sasha and the MC at the end of the gathering, but that could have happened elsewhere.
This is Ocean's style, 90% chatter without meaning and only 10% useful information. When Regium made the game, everything was the other way around.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes