Anthony1992

Oct 17, 2023
So do i understand correctly that it is probably better to replay once chapter 5 is out as there will be additional content in the earlier chapters as well?

Vinho49

Apr 19, 2022
I thought there will be extra content in the 2nd half of Ch2 which is being reworked, specifically the heist scene with Bella?
Yes, there will be a lot of new content in these parts, a rework, the heist part with Bella, a lot of new renders were added. Those who play everything in version 5 beta will have to play everything again to have a complete save for Season 2. Saves from the beta will not work in the full version. and new choices was added in ch2 and 3

Dec 27, 2023
Yes, there will be a lot of new content in these parts, a rework, the heist part with Bella, a lot of new renders were added. Those who play everything in version 5 beta will have to play everything again to have a complete save for Season 2. Saves from the beta will not work in the full version. and new choices was added in ch2 and 3
Where exactly is this information?

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Why the hell is her hair still dry? is her hair waterproof? and she could have taken that hair tie off... just looks weird to me.

This shit's been in beta since 2023
And it will stay that way forever... until it is not also, the beta was released on Nov 25, 2023. You do know how long most updates for these types of games usually take, right? because if not, you should do some research.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Why the hell is her hair still dry? is her hair waterproof? and she could have taken that hair tie off... just looks weird to me.
Because wet hair models are so few you could count them on one hand. And we're long way off til we get realistic stuff like in Blade Runner 2049. I don't even know if Blender or Maya other software like that can do stuff like simulate hair getting wet gradually.

Jul 28, 2019
Wow y' all. I appreciate all of the responses, even if I spent everyone spiraling haha.

A lot of my confusion stemmed from three primary exchanges.

In Ch. 2, when MC tells Nami that he is going to go meet Bella, and Nami threatens to tell Noji, they both refer to Noji as "mom":
d "Depends on your point of view."
scene sba76 with dssa
n "I'll tell Mom."
scene sba77 with dssa
d "The fuck you will."
scene sba78 with dssa
n "Oh. I will."
n "If you leave the house tonight. I'll tell her!"
scene sba79 with dssa
d "Nami... please."
scene sba80 with dssr
n "No. You'll only get in trouble!"
n "I don't want that..."
scene sba81 with dssa
d "First you make me feel bad about Bella. Then you get in my way of making it up to her."
scene sba82 with dssa
n "Not like that."
scene sba83 with dssr
pause
n "I'm sorry... I can't stand the thought of you getting hurt... Leave the house and I tell her."
scene sba84 with dssa
d "By telling Mom you'll hurt me."
scene sba85 with dssa
n "No. I'm protecting you."
In Ch. 3, when Victoria is in PT and MC and Maja speak in the waiting room, MC draws a very distinct line between "his" parent's and Nami's parents. However, he then references Nojiko taking them in like a joint venture:
may "Do you still have your parents?"
menu:
"Tell her {color=#08CB2A}(+Maja)" if True:
$ maja +=2
scene c31 with dissolve
d "I lost my parents at the age of three... so did Nami."
d "Nojiko took care of us."
scene c32 with dissolve
may "I am sorry to hear that."
scene c31 with dissolve
d "It doesn't matter. I can't remember them anyway."
scene c32 with dissolve
may "Still, children shouldn't grow up without their parents."
scene c31 with dissolve
d "That depends on the parents."
In Ch. 4, Zara and MC's chat in the hot tub was the final head scratcher that led to this post. They frame the conversation as comparing Zara/Vanessa and MC/Nami as siblings. Zara asks who is older in a way that seems specifically referential to the implied question about sibling age. Most confusing though is that Zara asks how Nami is a redhead, with the heavy implication of, "because you clearly aren't":
za "Seems like you and I are in the same position."
za "A person that likes to talk about the weirdest things while you sit there like:"
scene ad956 with dssa
pause
scene ad957 with dssa
"You chuckle."
d "Yeah, pretty much."
d "But you were right... Vanessa is on another level."
scene ad958 with dssb
za "Who's older, you or Nami?"
scene ad959 with dssa
d "Nami. Around a year older."
scene ad958 with dssa
za "Why is she red?"
scene ad959 with dssa
d "Yeah, no idea how she got to be a Cheeto."
I'm grateful for everyone's answers. It seems like Ocean may have written the game initially one way, and then changed it to meet certain site's requirements. Maybe the above are lingering holdovers that were never updated.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
At first it was just a thought. But this time I finished the game on the Bella/Nami route and I started to believe this theory.
- If you noticed, Nika always has a panic attack when he tries to manage two people at the same time.
- If you play the Nami route or the Bella route, that is, a single route, certain sentences about Nami and Nika's past will not appear. But if you combine the routes, some interesting sentences emerge.
- The source of Nika's problem is Nami.

When I put events like these together, I think of Nika, Nami and Summer being in a triangle in the past, with or without Summer's knowledge. But I would like to add something here: Maybe Nami got closer to Summer, not Nika. That's why he's so affected by Nami and Summer's strange situations. While everything was a game at first, suddenly things started to affect Nika negatively. I can't detail it, but I think it's more or less like this.
Some interesting points for consideration there.

My thoughts:
- combining routes will always lead to complications: Ocean has mentioned that some throuples are possible, but very hard to achieve. So every combined route will have extra dialogue and extra choices anyway.
- we know Nami, Nika and Summer had a complicated triangle; it started with Nami and Summer, then Summer and Nika, then Nami did something to avoid being the third wheel and being left out. Once Summer and Nika are an item, Summer basically abandons Nami, all the dialogue seems to show how Summer has pivoted completely to Nika.
- Nami starts mimicing Summer with the hairstyle, and trying to outdo her.
- Nika is getting therapy about Summer, and there's something Nami did to him that he needs to bring up with Amber. Whatever the deal Nika made with Nami was, I feel it's related to Summer, otherwise he wouldn't be thinking about it in connection with therapy.
- Nika keeps telling Nami not to demonise Summer; Nami ended up seeing Summer as a rival, like she now sees Bella as a rival.
- Nia was friends with Summer but not Nami back then, and thought of Nami as mean, which suggests (as Summer was her only firend) that Nia had a view of Nami based partially on how Nami treated Summer.
- I think Nami did something to try to win Nika back, and it backfired.

Separately - another thought about the bookclub: Coach Hill says Stahl "I talked to Miss Zane and she gave me the green light. There's no going back now." There's a plot brewing (presumably) with Katie and the coaches, concerning the after school training. Katie's the one pushing the uniforms, and has green lit a plan to undermine Ms Coates, who is seen having dinner with professors in a rival college. She might actually have been watching the game - we see her car leave the uni after the gaming session. Her interest in Nika might also be in the dark horse that will get her plot off the ground.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes