Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
And the major changes to scenes and characters I'm pretty sure started in CH3.5.
Nope. It's literally in the changelog.
Chapter 4 Full
580 new renders for Chapter 1. (New Events, characters, etc.)
You probably thought it was earlier because it was so long ago.

I'm not 100% certain anymore but I believe what killed the game for me were the changes to the Bella fight scene in her room after mentioning her sister.
That "Bella fight scene" was in Ch2, and wasn't reworked until the Ch4.5 full release.

Basically,

Ch3 - Changed intro with Summer.
Ch3.5 - Ch1 render improvements, no major story change.
Ch4 - Major Ch1 story rework, especially the first day of school.
Ch4.5 - Ch2 1st half rework
Ch5 (upcoming) - Complete Ch2 rework + some minor Ch3 changes to fix continuity after rework

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Nope. It's literally in the changelog.

You probably thought it was earlier because it was so long ago.

That "Bella fight scene" was in Ch2, and wasn't reworked until the Ch4.5 full release.

Basically,

Ch3 - Changed intro with Summer.
Ch3.5 - Ch1 render improvements, no major story change.
Ch4 - Major Ch1 story rework, especially the first day of school.
Ch4.5 - Ch2 1st half rework
Ch5 (upcoming) - Complete Ch2 rework + some minor Ch3 changes to fix continuity after rework
Thank you for this! It's been years and I can barely remember shit right. I can't really pinpoint what it was that soured me on the game with 3.5 since the only outdated version I kept was 3.0. I still play it every once in a while and regard its events as my "head canon" up until that point in the story.

I'm gonna tag the original poster as this might be useful for him hermit_tr

Reactions: hermit_tr

FutureHNDXXX

May 14, 2019
S1 - Dev Log

Hello,

So... First of all... Happy New Year!
This is the first Dev Log in 2024 on SG & well...

My focus is completely on getting Season 1 out. All that is left is the Basketball game in Chapter 2 & the end of the college day.
Afterward, I'll need to translate the rest of the game into German... Which is surprisingly awkward due to all the Ä, Ö, Ü and ß.
Until I started the translation, I wasn't aware of how often we use these letters in the German language. It's awkward because I have to write them as (ä = ae) and so on.
Then postwork & the final testing. The testing will be a little bit more intense because I have to make sure that the "Save porting" function works before I publish the full.
I did run into some issues with the VRAM again. I tried to layer it by rendering half of the college scene and then fuse them in Photoshop later... But I had so many people in the scene, that they fucked up the shadows...
I tried to render it on the WiAB PC, but it lacks a lot of assets SG's Workstation has... So, I'm still hunting down all the assets it's missing.
I mentioned some new scenes for Chapter 2, and I can show some of them without spoiling anything.

Those are just two of the new additions. I think there are four or five new scenes. (Without adding all the additional content to the old scenes.)
It often feels like a punch in the face whenever I see old Chapter 2 renders. And the Basketball scene in Chapter 2 is one of the worst-looking scenes.
That was also the first time I ever encountered the VRAM problem in SG.
Old

It gets worse when the actual game begins...
New. (Ayua with a new hairstyle. I love this one.)

I have more renders of the Basketball scene, but just as I was looking for what to show as previews... I saw that I didn't like the lighting in a few of the renders and decided to just show these two.
The environment is quite challenging and unforgiving when you want to light in a cinematic way. I'm gonna take another look at them. (I love a challenge.)

I took a few days off after I returned home from the family trip, and the end of the year/start of the year is always a bureaucratic nightmare. All the bills come, you've got to finish your Annual financial statement with your tax office, bla bla bla... Exhausting.

I will soon see if an RL friend can do my postwork in the future. That would already be a good timesafe... But it's tricky... I'm not sure if he sees the renders like I do.
So my hopes are not that high. As I often decide on the fly what needs to happen to the render. Or realize I have to redo render X or Z.
We'll see.
I hope it'll work out.

The goal is still to get Season 1 out in January.

- Ocean

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
S1 - Dev Log

Hello,

My focus is completely on getting Season 1 out. All that is left is the Basketball game in Chapter 2 & the end of the college day.
Afterward, I'll need to translate the rest of the game into German... Which is surprisingly awkward due to all the Ä, Ö, Ü and ß.
Until I started the translation, I wasn't aware of how often we use these letters in the German language. It's awkward because I have to write them as (ä = ae) and so on.
Then postwork & the final testing. The testing will be a little bit more intense because I have to make sure that the "Save porting" function works before I publish the full.
I did run into some issues with the VRAM again. I tried to layer it by rendering half of the college scene and then fuse them in Photoshop later... But I had so many people in the scene, that they fucked up the shadows...
I tried to render it on the WiAB PC, but it lacks a lot of assets SG's Workstation has... So, I'm still hunting down all the assets it's missing.
I mentioned some new scenes for Chapter 2, and I can show some of them without spoiling anything.

Those are just two of the new additions. I think there are four or five new scenes. (Without adding all the additional content to the old scenes.)
It often feels like a punch in the face whenever I see old Chapter 2 renders. And the Basketball scene in Chapter 2 is one of the worst-looking scenes.
Old

I have more renders of the Basketball scene, but just as I was looking for what to show as previews... I saw that I didn't like the lighting in a few of the renders and decided to just show these two.
The environment is quite challenging and unforgiving when you want to light in a cinematic way. I'm gonna take another look at them. (I love a challenge.)

I took a few days off after I returned home from the family trip, and the end of the year/start of the year is always a bureaucratic nightmare. All the bills come, you've got to finish your Annual financial statement with your tax office, bla bla bla... Exhausting.

I will soon see if an RL friend can do my postwork in the future. That would already be a good timesafe... But it's tricky... I'm not sure if he sees the renders like I do.
So my hopes are not that high. As I often decide on the fly what needs to happen to the render. Or realize I have to redo render X or Z.
We'll see.
I hope it'll work out.

- Ocean
Is it just my eyes? Ayua's face looks different, even compared to the women's changing room scene. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Sep 23, 2021
S1 - Dev Log

Hello,

Old

We'll see.
I hope it'll work out.

- Ocean
Every time I see a reworked Mila:
a593e94642d74312e28eb9db056f6213.gif
33qew8.jpg

Dec 27, 2023
S1 - Dev Log

Hello,

Old

We'll see.
I hope it'll work out.

- Ocean
It looks very nice. I'm extremely curious about the full version.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm happy to get more Bella time with the final reworking of CH 2 content.

Bella1.png

Once again, Ocean reminds me that Bella has an amazing body, including a Very nice backside!

I'm looking forward to the context of this image and this scene where Bella and the MC appear to be together in a bathroom.

I'm looking forward to my full Season 1 playthrough once CH 5 Full is released!

Cheers!! :coffee:

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Hmm...indeeeeeeeeed....Tara who?
You know, that dude...?
I'm happy to get more Bella time with the final reworking of CH 2 content.

View attachment 3251613

Once again, Ocean reminds me that Bella has an amazing body, including a Very nice backside!

I'm looking forward to the context of this image and this scene where Bella and the MC appear to be together in a bathroom.

I'm looking forward to my full Season 1 playthrough once CH 5 Full is released!

Cheers!! :coffee:
Bella booty is not to be underestimated... :love:

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
So I just finished a play through of all chapters through 5 beta and have to say this game is another one I'll be watching closely. I have two saves right now: One where the MC is expressing feelings towards Cheeto, and also one where he's completely in love with Bella.

The renders are fantastic I think (even in the "bad ones" for the basketball game?) I didn't notice any bad ones, but maybe on anther play through I'll see it. I hope we find out eventually why Summer is truly gone, but until then I'm really looking forward to a full ch5 (will it be any different? it seemed full) and I guess season 2.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So I just finished a play through of all chapters through 5 beta and have to say this game is another one I'll be watching closely. I have two saves right now: One where the MC is expressing feelings towards Cheeto, and also one where he's completely in love with Bella.

The renders are fantastic I think (even in the "bad ones" for the basketball game?) I didn't notice any bad ones, but maybe on anther play through I'll see it. I hope we find out eventually why Summer is truly gone, but until then I'm really looking forward to a full ch5 (will it be any different? it seemed full) and I guess season 2.
Full will contain more content.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes