Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Season 1 - Last Dev Log
Hello,

So... This is supposed to be the last Dev Log for Season 1.

As always, I've created more renders than first anticipated. My estimation for the rest of Chapter 2 & small parts of Chapter 3 was 900-1000 renders.

I'm sitting comfortably at 1170 renders, and I have one more scene to do.

I started to prepare the work for the gallery. Lots of stuff has to be changed and Chapter 5 has to be added. But that's all gonna go quite smoothly.

I've started work on a little Layla Treat.

Who?

Yeh, some Bibi that hasn't gotten any screen time since Chapter 3, but will play a bigger role in S2.

The Treat isn't finished, and still a work in progress. Still, we all haven't seen her in a while.

I think I'll publish the full Treat with the Chapter 5 Full release.

Tons of previews & comparisons today.

This is the last Preview Log, I will do for Season 1, so I have a few things to show.

Bella boys usually don't see this scene, but I added a little more depth to Hill's short conversation with the MC and exchanged Claire's old model with the new one.

Old

New

The old classroom. (Before I could even render the big one.)

The A6000 Ada's in action.

This is a new level, even compared to the previously released Chapter 2 Classroom renders, where I could only render 3-5 people at the same time.

Being able to fill up the college, the city, and other establishments that usually feature a lot of people is gonna be possible now.

I can move away from garbage billboards in the BG, and use interactive people instead. Awesome.

And thanks to the latest Daz update, these gigantic scenes load reasonably fast (15min to 20min).

I mentioned in a previous log that I also reworked the scene with Mila where you can ask her out.

For continuity's sake, I completely reworked her Gym scene too.

Old

New

Old

New

Old

New

This also includes the shower scene and this legendary render:

Old

New

Nami's and Bellchen's gym scenes will stay the way they are. (Except for a few Bella shower renders. Exchanging her pre-sculpt Ch2-3 model with the Chapter 4+ model. It's the first time you see her boobs, so it's important to be accurate to the Ch4+ model.)

There's one scene in Chapter 3 I had to change to keep the music & steam rating. I had to remove MC's PP in one render. (Again, this only affects Season 1. Season 2 won't be censored in any way.)

It disrupted the flow of the scene, but I couldn't locate the old Duf files. So I went out of my way and applied the German saying "Wenn schon, denn schon." which loosely translates to "Do it right or don't do it at all."

So I rebuilt the entire scene and also adjusted 95% of it. The scene didn't really need it, but it was important that she at least visibly "stared" at MC's package.

Old

New

There are like 20 renders left for the clothing scene with Bella.

After that one, it's only one small scene that is left. I'll start with postwork tomorrow & I still need to finish the Blender Intro cinematic.

Current estimations are around 1250 still images for the Full.

It's definitely worth playing through the full if you like Bella. Quite a few new scenes with her.

All images in full res are attached below in the zip. file.

- Ocean
Thank you very much for posting this.

So about 2-3 Weeks left i guess and Season 1 is finally done.

Didnt played chapter 5 so far cause i was waiting that everything is finished, savegames wouldnt work anyways since the rework was started.

i played the whole game after chapter 4 was released and it felt a little off in the complete run. It was just too different between rework and not reworked scenes and it felt really off.

Looking forward to the complete picture.

I know that the really dark approach (like shooting at the teacher and such things) are gone, but i dont mind it... iam not a player for the really dark approach anyways. And like chapter 4 was... the "dark" thingy doesnt really work out anyways anymore, so the overall changes are making sense now more and more i guess. And looking at the support numbers for oceans work, he did the right thing i guess, cause the overall numbers for WIAB and SG are growing and growing.

Hopefully Ocean ha settled everything hardware and his new home so season 2 and new chapters for WIAB are coming out more frequently.

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
So about 2-3 Weeks left i guess and Season 1 is finally done.
I wouldn't take this information seriously at all

If I remember, some rework was still being done and post-work will follow. In addition it's still necessary to add achievements and repair the phone since the script broke during the release of chapter 5. Not all adult images were redone and as he says in the devlog he is creating a new cinematic in chapter 1. And don't forget that the whole season 1 will be translated into other languages. There is still more than enough work left

Also, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't expect any release before april or may. Unless SG is ready for steam release nothing else will happen

Reactions: vireker and Rex G

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Right? I mean Trey's the one with the testosterone needles, Nika's gains imply he's got nothing to worry about physically, he chose the +1 hormone DLC as his starting perk. Nadia would be proud.
Nika is too powerful and was weakened for the convenience of the plot. I mean the guy went from being a noodle to a gigachad with a jaw so square you could cut diamonds with it. :KEK:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I wouldn't take this information seriously at all

If I remember, some rework was still being done and post-work will follow. In addition it's still necessary to add achievements and repair the phone since the script broke during the release of chapter 5. Not all adult images were redone and as he says in the devlog he is creating a new cinematic in chapter 1. And don't forget that the whole season 1 will be translated into other languages. There is still more than enough work left

Also, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't expect any release before april or may. Unless SG is ready for steam release nothing else will happen
And remember, all Mila models in Ch 3 and Ch 3.5 will be replaced with Mila models in Ch 5 beta, and that's quite a lot.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All those renders have been done. The dev log states that there was ~80 renders left, total. I'd hazard a guess that they'll all be done before the next dev log, if they're not already done by now 80 isn't that much, seeing 20 are in a small setting (unless OCean flexes his new cards and populates the clothing shop with Wiab characters as an easter egg :sneaky:). Ocean has been doing the rework renders since ch5 beta. The longest thing left to do is the intro cinematic. For Ocean to state that it's the last dev log means he wants to be done in another week from now at the most. Things like the phone, the gallery and the languages: I'm sure he works on the coding and script on the secondary computer while renders are going on his main computer.

The steam release will the take however long to go through the approval. The only question is whether it'll be leaked between being finished and being for sale.

So it won't be tomorrow, but May is a stretch. We can also assume that once it's submitted to steam, Ocean will continue working of season 2, and we'll have dev logs for season 2 while Ocean waits for steam to do their bit.

In a non adult VN game, I'd imagine steam will unren the package, verify there's nothing NSFW image-wise, verify there's nothing against their terms in the script and code ...and that's it, seeing it's already greenlit.

The cinematic will be the thing that slows him down, as he'll want it to be almost perfect: he'll want a cinematic that he can adapt the style to future seasons, so it'll need to be an iconic style that he feels will suit the entire series. Other than that, he might get giddy with the newfound power of his render rig and populate a few more classroom scenes, there's always the danger there :sneaky:

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
The steam release will the take however long to go through the approval. The only question is whether it'll be leaked between being finished and being for sale.
Until steam approves SG there will be no release. The game will then also be available on patreon (tier higher than €15) but it will not be earlier than the steam version

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Until steam approves SG there will be no release. The game will then also be available on patreon (tier higher than €15) but it will not be earlier than the steam version
That's good to know, so the timeline is officially once it's available for purchase on steam then?

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
That's good to know, so the timeline is officially once it's available for purchase on steam then?
If it hasn't changed somehow during that time then yes but I'm sure it hasn't

Otherwise I don't even see much logic in it because steam must be the platform where the game has the lowest price. You can't sell a game on steam for €15 and on patreon for €10. That's why I wrote at the same time that the game will only be for tiers higher than €15 since that's the price on steam

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I have not seen anything from Ocean saying that SG CH 5 full will be delayed until SG season 1 is submitted to Steam so I think that there is a good chance that they will not be concurrent releases (for example - SG CH 5 full does not need multiple languages while the SG Season 1 will).

I think we will get SG CH 5 Full before the end of Feb regardless of when SG Season 1 gets submitted to Steam.

IMO, there is a possibility that the phone, for example, could be delayed for the season 1 submission to Steam and an updated SG CH 5 Full release, including the working phone, would follow via Patreon/SS.

I think we will be feasting inside of two weeks!

I am looking forward to restarting SG once CH 5 Full lands.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
If it hasn't changed somehow during that time then yes but I'm sure it hasn't

Otherwise I don't even see much logic in it because steam must be the platform where the game has the lowest price. You can't sell a game on steam for €15 and on patreon for €10. That's why I wrote at the same time that the game will only be for tiers higher than €15 since that's the price on steam
I have not seen anything from Ocean saying that SG CH 5 full will be delayed until SG season 1 is submitted to Steam so I think that there is a good chance that they will not be concurrent releases (for example - SG CH 5 full does not need multiple languages while the SG Season 1 will).

I think we will get SG CH 5 Full before the end of Feb regardless of when SG Season 1 gets submitted to Steam.

IMO, there is a possibility that the phone, for example, could be delayed for the season 1 submission to Steam and an updated SG CH 5 Full release, including the working phone, would follow via Patreon/SS.

I think we will be feasting inside of two weeks!

I am looking forward to restarting SG once CH 5 Full lands.

From a businessman's point of view, releasing the final version of SG on Patreon before the release on steam would be financial suicide or just borderline stupid.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
From a businessman's point of view, releasing the final version of SG on Patreon before the release on steam would be financial suicide or just borderline stupid.
I would agree with you If the F95 audience and the Steam audience were the same (and I equate Patreon/SS with F95 since it will likely be leaked by a supporter from one of these two entities).

They are Vastly different - with Steam having a Huge audience of people versus those who visit F95 who also support Ocean with $ and those who come to take SG for free.

I am a $ supporter who is also waiting for SG Season 1 to be released on Steam.

Once it is released on Steam, I will be gifting it to friends who have 0 interest in F95 - it's not their kind of place.

I suspect that many of us have friends who fall into this category and some of them will also receive SG as a gift via Steam.

In the end - this is Ocean's call, and I will respect his decision either way.

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
I know that the really dark approach (like shooting at the teacher and such things) are gone, but i dont mind it... iam not a player for the really dark approach anyways.

And like chapter 4 was... the "dark" thingy doesnt really work out anyways anymore, so the overall changes are making sense now more and more i guess.
I (and some others) enjoyed the "Dark Approach" it made the MC feel different than the usual MCs we usually get. You didn't have to shoot at the teacher or etc, you chose to do those things. That's why there are choices, to avoid choosing stuff you don't like. Don't like being Dark? don't do dark shit.

I am pretty sure Chapter 4 was done without the "Dark Route" in mind. That's why it is the way it is. He made sure it wouldn't make sense now and is all about going the pansy way.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I (and some others) enjoyed the "Dark Approach" it made the MC feel different than the usual MCs we usually get. You didn't have to shoot at the teacher or etc, you chose to do those things. That's why there are choices, to avoid choosing stuff you don't like. Don't like being Dark? don't do dark shit.

I am pretty sure Chapter 4 was done without the "Dark Route" in mind. That's why it is the way it is. He made sure it wouldn't make sense now and is all about going the pansy way.
Exactly, the plot is different to others games with teens in an university but the best thing was the dark personality. I have always thought it would be better for all of us if Ocean didn´t deleted the dark approach and put different choices for the people don´t want this type of content :(.
But i suppose is very dificult make a game with so much choices and LIs/ends available.

Reactions: vireker and codex35

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Once the rework finishes looks like i'll be playing again from the start...
.... so I can avoid hooking up with new Mila.

RIP old Mila :cry: (2019-2023)

Guess I'll be sticking with Bella (with a side helping of Cheeto).
my plan exactly, tho I have only played that route anyway so no difference for me :ROFLMAO: But I wouldn't be adverse to see what a Zara route looks like, she's grown on me a lot since the start. But there is barely any content with her yet.

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
my plan exactly, tho I have only played that route anyway so no difference for me :ROFLMAO: But I wouldn't be adverse to see what a Zara route looks like, she's grown on me a lot since the start. But there is barely any content with her yet.
If the dev is half the sadist I could be, almost every bit of action with Zara will be sabotaged in some way by her sister - accidentally or not. I think they're both actually fairly (physically) attractive, but Zara to me seems like the ideal FWB. She's so aggressively competetive she's like the ultimate "one of the guys" chicks that you get to bang senseless, without making things weird.

At least, until she starts trying to bang Nami to one-up you. :sneaky:

Reactions: Jacey.ci
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes