Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
If the dev is half the sadist I could be, almost every bit of action with Zara will be sabotaged in some way by her sister - accidentally or not. I think they're both actually fairly (physically) attractive, but Zara to me seems like the ideal FWB. She's so aggressively competetive she's like the ultimate "one of the guys" chicks that you get to bang senseless, without making things weird.

At least, until she starts trying to bang Nami to one-up you. :sneaky:
we just have to bang Nami then first easy peasy

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Season 1 - Last Dev Log
Hello,

So... This is supposed to be the last Dev Log for Season 1.

As always, I've created more renders than first anticipated. My estimation for the rest of Chapter 2 & small parts of Chapter 3 was 900-1000 renders.

I'm sitting comfortably at 1170 renders, and I have one more scene to do.

I started to prepare the work for the gallery. Lots of stuff has to be changed and Chapter 5 has to be added. But that's all gonna go quite smoothly.

I've started work on a little Layla Treat.

Who?

Yeh, some Bibi that hasn't gotten any screen time since Chapter 3, but will play a bigger role in S2.

The Treat isn't finished, and still a work in progress. Still, we all haven't seen her in a while.

I think I'll publish the full Treat with the Chapter 5 Full release.

Tons of previews & comparisons today.

This is the last Preview Log, I will do for Season 1, so I have a few things to show.

Bella boys usually don't see this scene, but I added a little more depth to Hill's short conversation with the MC and exchanged Claire's old model with the new one.

Old

New

The old classroom. (Before I could even render the big one.)

The A6000 Ada's in action.

This is a new level, even compared to the previously released Chapter 2 Classroom renders, where I could only render 3-5 people at the same time.

Being able to fill up the college, the city, and other establishments that usually feature a lot of people is gonna be possible now.

I can move away from garbage billboards in the BG, and use interactive people instead. Awesome.

And thanks to the latest Daz update, these gigantic scenes load reasonably fast (15min to 20min).

I mentioned in a previous log that I also reworked the scene with Mila where you can ask her out.

For continuity's sake, I completely reworked her Gym scene too.

Old

New

Old

New

Old

New

This also includes the shower scene and this legendary render:

Old

New

Nami's and Bellchen's gym scenes will stay the way they are. (Except for a few Bella shower renders. Exchanging her pre-sculpt Ch2-3 model with the Chapter 4+ model. It's the first time you see her boobs, so it's important to be accurate to the Ch4+ model.)

There's one scene in Chapter 3 I had to change to keep the music & steam rating. I had to remove MC's PP in one render. (Again, this only affects Season 1. Season 2 won't be censored in any way.)

It disrupted the flow of the scene, but I couldn't locate the old Duf files. So I went out of my way and applied the German saying "Wenn schon, denn schon." which loosely translates to "Do it right or don't do it at all."

So I rebuilt the entire scene and also adjusted 95% of it. The scene didn't really need it, but it was important that she at least visibly "stared" at MC's package.

Old

New

There are like 20 renders left for the clothing scene with Bella.

After that one, it's only one small scene that is left. I'll start with postwork tomorrow & I still need to finish the Blender Intro cinematic.

Current estimations are around 1250 still images for the Full.

It's definitely worth playing through the full if you like Bella. Quite a few new scenes with her.

All images in full res are attached below in the zip. file.

- Ocean

Reworking the reworking of the reworking of the reworking of the reworking again, huh?

This would be funny if it weren't tragic for his delusional fanboyz who think that someday this game's storylines will get you somewhere.

This guy's games are the most bombastic failed projects I've ever seen in 7 years of F95 and Patreon funded games. Even worse than Nottravis' Heavy Five.

• Haha
Reactions: RNasc4444

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
Reworking the reworking of the reworking of the reworking of the reworking again, huh?

This would be funny if it weren't tragic for his delusional fanboyz who think that someday this game's storylines will get you somewhere.

This guy's games are the most bombastic failed projects I've ever seen in 7 years of F95 and Patreon funded games. Even worse than Nottravis' Heavy Five.
Here we go again ...

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022

He could be more creative with the names though. By now we could have something like "Summer's Gone: Remastered Ultimate Edition 4k Version Redux Rework Re-Imagined - Based on and inspired by the original Summer's Gone™"

In all seriousness though, development time never bothered me. I've shat on Ocean because of the game's grammar, dialogue, illogical behavior, creative choices, never ending character model changes, among others but never for update frequency or even story progression pacing.

Every developer nowadays seems to be trending in that direction. Almost all games I follow and support take much longer now to pump out an update than they did 2 or 3 years ago. The only way to change that would be for an overwhelming amount of supporters to stop adhering to the subscription model in favor of a "pay for update" model.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Ocean is not as perfectionist as he used to be, looking at the images you uploaded of the classroom in Chapter 3, what's written on the blackboard doesn't make sense. It is better to use a blackboard with nothing written on it :KEK:.

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I (and some others) enjoyed the "Dark Approach" it made the MC feel different than the usual MCs we usually get. You didn't have to shoot at the teacher or etc, you chose to do those things. That's why there are choices, to avoid choosing stuff you don't like. Don't like being Dark? don't do dark shit.

I am pretty sure Chapter 4 was done without the "Dark Route" in mind. That's why it is the way it is. He made sure it wouldn't make sense now and is all about going the pansy way.
Of course you can "choose", thats not the point.

If you implement those dark things, the whole game is a different one and you expect more of those really dark things to happen. Even if you dont choose to act that way. And there were already scenes with the MC that were kinda dark without any choice given to the player... like some dialogues or monologues (right before the possible shoot he is talking to Vic that he better put her out of her misery for example which leads to pulling out the gun in the first place, and thats only one example there were many more)

But as i played chapter 4... the whole dark approach early on didnt felt right anymore, the whole game got a little "lighter" in the mood, and the MC himself too. And that didnt worked out anymore cause nobody changes that much in a few weeks. So yeah, the rework makes totally sense just for consistency.

Would i have a problem if the whole game have been darker the whole time? Not really, the first chapter got my attention already with the initial release. But with chapter 4 the whole game went in a different direction... and considering that, the dark approach out of chapter 1 and 2 doesnt really work anymore... Ocean could have kept the dark way of course and go dark in chapter 4 too, but changed his mind about it, so it was the right decision to change the other chapters too.

The really dark approach is not my thing overall, so iam thankful for the change. But i didnt criticised the game for it, my point was... with chapter 4 the dark approach of the early chapters didnt work out anymore and the game felt a little off because of the change of the overall "mood" during the game. So yeah, without the rework it would be kinda messy, and thats the reason why i didnt played chapter 5 so far. I want to see the new "complete" picture.

Nontheless, SG is easily in my favorite Top 5. With dark approach or without.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
The old version solves the inconsistencies and wtf moments of the new version. For example, in the old version, the incident with Summer a couple of years ago, severe isolation for only a couple of weeks. Najiko makes a decision about a psychologist quite quickly. In the new version, it’s already 5 years. Immediately questions to Najiko. In the old version , Nami and Nika are the same age. In the new version, the immediate question is why Nami and the mc are in the same class, if she is older. And so on.
To be honest, the darker part of the old SG had its charm. I played the old version of SG and damn, it's actually nicer. The problem of the dark path can be partially described by Bella's storyline during the Holgerson robbery. Without masks, without gloves, everything is so unprepared that we perhaps won't see path of the future crime boss, but a someone who would end up in prison due to stupidity.

Last edited:

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
While waiting for SG Ch 5 Full to come out, replay Ch 5 Beta (with Music Restoration Mod).

Found one of my favorite scenes,
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
(Yes, I like Cheto, so what? :cautious: But I don't identify myself as a hardcore fan :LOL::LOL::whistle:)
mostly because of the background song used (Lifeline by Lvly:love:).

Feels sad because this song was one of those removed due to licensing issues (songs by Lvly, Elijah Ford, Late Kids and who else?:unsure: (if I'm not mistaken :unsure::unsure:)). :cry::cry:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
While waiting for SG Ch 5 Full to come out, replay Ch 5 Beta (with Music Restoration Mod).

Found one of my favorite scenes,
View attachment 3350641
View attachment 3350642
View attachment 3350643
View attachment 3350644
(Yes, I like Cheto, so what? :cautious: But I don't identify myself as a hardcore fan :LOL::LOL::whistle:)
mostly because of the background song used (Lifeline by Lvly:love:).

Feels sad because this song was one of those removed due to licensing issues (songs by Lvly, Elijah Ford, Late Kids and who else?:unsure: (if I'm not mistaken :unsure::unsure:)). :cry::cry:
We also lost one of my favorites that matched the Bella MC scene so well (hilltop kiss and Bella's confusion):

We lost a lot of good music that fit scenes/animations so well.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

Bobhanw

Feb 8, 2023
Curious what it is about the curent Mila design folk dislike can't be the face as it seems identical except for being a bit more detailed have seen some mention the haircut but surely that can't be enough to ruin it for someone lol if its the boobs i can maybe understand if you arent a big fan of them being that big tho personally love the new look more even tho i already loved the old one too

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes