Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
We also lost one of my favorites that matched the Bella MC scene so well (hilltop kiss and Bella's confusion):

We lost a lot of good music that fit scenes/animations so well.

Cheers!! :coffee:
nah 3.gif

Nah. Music is highly subjective. I just mute AVN's and play my own music, if I play any at all.

Reactions: Ilhares

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
View attachment 3352953

Nah. Music is highly subjective. I just mute AVN's and play my own music, if I play any at all.
I think we have very different approaches to our entertainment.

I enjoy music, especially good/great music, with all forms of my entertainment - be it AVN, TV, or movie for example.

I don't see a difference in my forms of entertainment and music is a key component for it.

I would not enjoy SG, Supernatural or Lord of the Rings nearly as much if I could not enjoy them with their intended music and sound effects.

There are some AVNs I play that have no associated music or sound and I will find tracks that I can play that I will listen to while I enjoy those AVNs - it enriches my experience.

SO - in the end - we have different approaches to how we enjoy our entertainment.

That is nothing unusual - GL finding AVNs that work for you.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I didn't like the music in AVNs until SG, especially Lvly's songs changed my entire perspective. :giggle:
Summers Gone is the first AVN that literally built music playlists for me.

One of the best parts of these playlists is that I can listen to them when I travel for work, close my eyes while waiting for a flight and 'watch' the associated scene from SG.

SG is the first AVN that gave me That with my playlists!

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

One of the best parts of these playlists is that I can listen to them when I travel for work, close my eyes while waiting for a flight and 'watch' the associated scene from SG.

Not to mention that Ocean said that he created some animations entirely based on a certain song, he, inspired by the song, came up with a plot and composition for the animation. Therefore, the ban on the use of certain soundtracks was a sudden painful blow to the game.

I don't remember if that animation was still in the last version, when Nia sat down next to MC in the auditorium and blabbered unstoppably, and he leans back in his chair and closes his eyes. There used to be a song "A Certain Shade of Blue", and while camera sequentally focuses on certain girls in the auditorium, the song plays:

There are a lot of choices
Waiting to be made
Too many choices
Making me afraid

There is simply nothing to add or take away, the song absolutely accurately conveys the mood and thoughts of the MC and creates a powerful impression of the scene. When he had to remove the song and replace it with some free filler music track, the scene lost half its focus and no longer leaves such a strong impression as it was before.

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
Not to mention that Ocean said that he created some animations entirely based on a certain song, he, inspired by the song, came up with a plot and composition for the animation. Therefore, the ban on the use of certain soundtracks was a sudden painful blow to the game.

I don't remember if that animation was still in the last version, when Nia sat down next to MC in the auditorium and blabbered unstoppably, and he leans back in his chair and closes his eyes. There used to be a song "A Certain Shade of Blue", and while camera sequentally focuses on certain girls in the auditorium, the song plays:

There are a lot of choices
Waiting to be made
Too many choices
Making me afraid

There is simply nothing to add or take away, the song absolutely accurately conveys the mood and thoughts of the MC and creates a powerful impression of the scene. When he had to remove the song and replace it with some free filler music track, the scene lost half its focus and no longer leaves such a strong impression as it was before.

Sasha:love:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
From a businessman's point of view, releasing the final version of SG on Patreon before the release on steam would be financial suicide or just borderline stupid.
Why? Let's start with the fact that the final version of SG is of little interest to anyone, because it will not contain a new chapter, but a reworking of the old one. Well, most importantly, Patreon and Steam have different audiences. That's why Ocean wants to get into Steam, for the sake of this he even deleted erotic footage.... by the way, he wrote about it himself.

• Angry
Reactions: Schattenlust

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Every developer nowadays seems to be trending in that direction. Almost all games I follow and support take much longer now to pump out an update than they did 2 or 3 years ago. The only way to change that would be for an overwhelming amount of supporters to stop adhering to the subscription model in favor of a "pay for update" model.
This is a very old topic and has been discussed many times. The system is built in such a way that it is profitable for developers to stretch out the release of the game, they will get more money this way.
Therefore, developers constantly come up with reasons that prevent them from creating games.
I recently read Ocean’s log where he writes that he made a picture on 2xA6000 in 6 minutes or less, I don’t remember exactly. Then I go to another forum and read how an artist made a picture with the same quality as Ocean’s on 2070 in 20+ seconds.

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020

Departure by Vesky - Bella's theme song, is so good. You are right about SG being so connected with its songs. Ambient renders with ambient songs mesh perfectly. Very few AVNs come close to this perfection.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
This is a very old topic and has been discussed many times. The system is built in such a way that it is profitable for developers to stretch out the release of the game, they will get more money this way.
Therefore, developers constantly come up with reasons that prevent them from creating games.
I recently read Ocean’s log where he writes that he made a picture on 2xA6000 in 6 minutes or less, I don’t remember exactly. Then I go to another forum and read how an artist made a picture with the same quality as Ocean’s on 2070 in 20+ seconds.
6 min on 2x A6000 vs. 20+sec on RTX2070 must be a misunderstooding or a fairy tale.

If you read here the A6000 work station card is surpassed about rather 2 times by a RTX4090 which has about 5 times the performance than a RTX2070.
The 6000Ada card (which Ocean has now) is more close to RTX4090.
Also it depends on the content to render how fast a certain card works.

Last edited:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
6 min on 2x A6000 vs. 20+sec on RTX2070 must be a misunderstooding or a fairy tale.

If you read here the A6000 work station card is surpassed about rather 2 times by a RTX4090 which has about 5 times the performance than a RTX2070.
The 6000Ada card (which Ocean has now) is more close to RTX4090.
Also it depends on the content to render how fast a certain card works.
You didn't look at your link carefully. Lower is better\higher is better. This means the 4090 is 2 times faster than the A6000. Ada 6000 is the same as 4090, the difference is that in Ada they added memory for $60 and sell it for 5 times more expensive.
I would also think that this is a lie if I had not previously seen many training videos from the Internet, where they teach how to quickly render without losing quality.

• Angry
Reactions: Schattenlust

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
You didn't look at your link carefully. Lower is better\higher is better. This means the 4090 is 2 times faster than the A6000. Ada 6000 is the same as 4090, the difference is that in Ada they added memory for $60 and sell it for 5 times more expensive.
Without wanting to be offend you, you should keep your own advise to your own heart.

In every benchmark except the unreal engine is the A6000Ada even or slightly behind the RTX4090.

And in addition is mentioned that the A6000Ada is better if you have many assets - like exactly the thing Ocean does.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
This is not really a forum, it is a section of BaD patrons in which artists exhibit their works.
Then again in other words for you:

Please provide the source - a link - for your statements, claiming some rubbish without proving it in any way just makes you look ridiculous.

I can just as easily claim that I can jump eight metres high on the stand and nobody here would believe me without proof.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Here is the thing. AI art is going to be a thing, whether people stand up against it or not, it's truly inevitable. However, it's going to take time for AI Art to truly be fine tuned enough to perfect certain artworks and images.

The issue at hand here is two fold: resources and timing and the whole 'morality of AI Imagery'. For rendering, it takes time to set up scenes, props, characters etc. Even if one has the hardware to off set demands there is always going to be a period of down time, which will likely be used to work on writing or story development. The thing is though, as hardware gets better and better, the demand of such things for developers will grow and lead to delays or excuses saying they need such and such because 'it's better' when they could just work with what they have. With OL though, given he's in a constant state of wanting a workstation and working on two games at the same time, which will likely be his down fall and his own idiocy, the pain staking wait for updates with SG and WIAB is going to be the norm until OL either gets what he needs or reworks his planning and puts one of theses games on hold and focuses on ONE, which is unlikely.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Fun Shaundi

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Here is the thing. AI art is going to be a thing, whether people stand up against it or not, it's truly inevitable. However, it's going to take time for AI Art to truly be fine tuned enough to perfect certain artworks and images.

The issue at hand here is two fold: resources and timing and the whole 'morality of AI Imagery'. For rendering, it takes time to set up scenes, props, characters etc. Even if one has the hardware to off set demands there is always going to be a period of down time, which will likely be used to work on writing or story development. The thing is though, as hardware gets better and better, the demand of such things for developers will grow and lead to delays or excuses saying they need such and such because 'it's better' when they could just work with what they have. With OL though, given he's in a constant state of wanting a workstation and working on two games at the same time, which will likely be his down fall and his own idiocy, the pain staking wait for updates with SG and WIAB is going to be the norm until OL either gets what he needs or reworks his planning and puts one of theses games on hold and focuses on ONE, which is unlikely.
yeaah, I'm not that invested in WiAB, he could drop the whole project for all I care... I understand it's sort of a prequel and all that, but I just don't care that much about it. Sure it looks nice, but whatever, all of the backstory could be explained in SG if he wanted to

Reactions: vireker
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes