JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Punch cards and Fortran... The Good Life... ;)
I always pitied the poor bastards walking around with their chin-high stacks of Cobol punch cards. One girl tripped and her entire semester project went all over the room. It probably took her longer to sort the cards back out than to write the actual code.

• Haha
Reactions: rudy007

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
This isn't just an opinion - but if you can't tell her leg morphs into the seat, or the seat is really weirdly rumpled like a leg, and the fuel tank is in too far forward and the wrong scale, completely detached, etc, then you have no eye for depth of field or perspective.
I don't see anyone's leg turning into a seat. One girl stands in front of the motorcycle, leaning on it, the other is behind it. I don’t understand motorcycles and their gas tanks, I’ve been to their exhibition a couple of times, and after what I saw there, this model seems very boring and normal to me.

If you can't tell the difference between AI art and logical physics, you're discussions on all renders are invalid.
Here you are right, I cannot distinguish a photorealistic picture made by a person from an AI. About 5 years ago, maybe more, employees of our company involved in rendering and 3D visualization used AI. According to them, it was too inconvenient and it was easier and faster for them to do it manually themselves, so they stopped using it. When I looked at their work and the AI, I had no problem seeing the difference. A few years later, our artists decided to use AI again. When I saw his work, I was very surprised. You could sketch out a sketch by hand and the AI would create a project based on it. Now when I look at the work of our artists, I don’t see which part of the project was done by them and which part was done by AI.
Have you been a professional renderer for many years, since you can distinguish human work from AI and you have many of your own renders?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I don't see anyone's leg turning into a seat. One girl stands in front of the motorcycle, leaning on it, the other is behind it. I don’t understand motorcycles and their gas tanks, I’ve been to their exhibition a couple of times, and after what I saw there, this model seems very boring and normal to me.

Here you are right, I cannot distinguish a photorealistic picture made by a person from an AI. About 5 years ago, maybe more, employees of our company involved in rendering and 3D visualization used AI. According to them, it was too inconvenient and it was easier and faster for them to do it manually themselves, so they stopped using it. When I looked at their work and the AI, I had no problem seeing the difference. A few years later, our artists decided to use AI again. When I saw his work, I was very surprised. You could sketch out a sketch by hand and the AI would create a project based on it. Now when I look at the work of our artists, I don’t see which part of the project was done by them and which part was done by AI.
Have you been a professional renderer for many years, since you can distinguish human work from AI and you have many of your own renders?
Nope, I don't render. It's really obvious to see. When you place a model in a render program, it takes up virtual space. AI doesn't physically model, it just approximates, which is why you can't see where the leg ends and the seat begins, or the hand disappears into the handle, and the tank is not the right scale to the size of the seat. It doesn't connect the objects correctly and the boundaries between objects get confused.

Someone doesn't have to be a professional to see the mistakes in that image. If you can't tell, then you will have more enjoyment looking at AI art. But for those of us who immediately want to straighten picture frames when we walk into other people rooms, AI is very disturbing. It passes first glance, but the intentionality and composition is just lacking.

Anyway, discussing the merits of AI art is better done in the appropriate topic as Ocean doesn't use AI.

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
But you should!

There is a very impressive, - or I can say - ridiculous gap between the front, and the rear of the motorcycle.

Analyzing the picture, it can be seen that the woman in the foreground is missing her right hand.

Behind the motorcycle's fuel tank is not the motorcycle's seat, but the woman in the background who is sitting on something. If we accept that the woman in the foreground is standing, then she cannot be sitting on the motorcycle's seat at the same time, although based on the picture, she seems to be sitting.

The woman in the fore-, and in the background has basically the same shape and size of the chin. Also, their lips match.

The woman in the foreground is basically an AI generated Ashley Benson.

Sep 23, 2021

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Here you are right, I cannot distinguish a photorealistic picture made by a person from an AI.
It's not photorealistic, not even close. after a short quick 'n ditrty search I have marked the most obvious things in the picture from your *source* that points heavy to AI.

All AI renders that I have seen here in the zone have one simple thing in common, and that are wierd(?) faces - not sure if this term is the fitting one.
If you have the muse, take a look here at the games that have AI rendering, you will notice that always the faces are way to perfect, to symetric, to young, or the head is way to much out of scale to fit for the rest of the body. For me needs - till now - just a look at the faces to identify AI art.

1708021794182.png
  1. Wierd back mirror.
  2. Right hand of the chick melts into the handle.
  3. Gas tank way out of scale and morphs into the body of the background gal.
  4. Who is supposed to sit in this tiny backseat, A Baby Born doll?
  5. A second backseat that melts into the hips of the front chick
  6. The faces, always that frigging faces. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh!

4.30 star(s) 504 Votes