TIGER ACE

Jan 9, 2019
Why are people even trying to prove it, its clearly AI , not only but the guy is working with very basic setup, I even know its sd 1.5, not even sdxl. And the reason it looks so bad is because he probably generated in one of those websites and the site's model is old and not good, even a new model of sd 1.5 would look better in every way.
Like the image below is just img 2 img using sdxl, i just did in 20 sec while writing this post , so the technology is already much better than whatever this guy posted. And I only have a 4070TI, with a better card you can do so much more, so just like rendering, even ai images will be better with better models and a more powerful system. Duh you need more VRAM to produce higher resolution images, They just released SD Cascade and its probably going to be even better than sdxl but they recommend a 16-20 GB vram card, because higher resolution will require higher available vram. SdXL produces 1024 resolution images while sd 1.5 does 512. 2024-02-15_13-37-36_5756.png

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
It's not photorealistic, not even close. after a short quick 'n ditrty search I have marked the most obvious things in the picture from your *source* that points heavy to AI.

All AI renders that I have seen here in the zone have one simple thing in common, and that are wierd(?) faces - not sure if this term is the fitting one.
If you have the muse, take a look here at the games that have AI rendering, you will notice that always the faces are way to perfect, to symetric, to young, or the head is way to much out of scale to fit for the rest of the body. For me needs - till now - just a look at the faces to identify AI art.

View attachment 3356965
  1. Wierd back mirror.
  2. Right hand of the chick melts into the handle.
  3. Gas tank way out of scale and morphs into the body of the background gal.
  4. Who is supposed to sit in this tiny backseat, A Baby Born doll?
  5. A second backseat that melts into the hips of the front chick
  6. The faces, always that frigging faces. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh!
There are more.

7. Weird front light. Is it broken, bent inward? WTF?
8. Looks like the engine is right below the front light, between the front shocks and it looks really weird.
9. Looks like the bike only has right side blinkers / turning lights
10. The whole handlebar looks weird and unrealistic

Also, the #5 looks more like the right chick is some kind of a moto-centaur where instead of the front part of the motocycle is her upper body and she has the bike instead of her ass and legs.

It looks creepy and alien, monstrous.

If you have read They Walked Like Men by Clifford D. Simak, this looks like these aliens have tried to copy chicks with bikes as a lure to trap some halfwit guys. Creepy as hell. Burn if with fire, I say!

This is how almost all AI images look to me. Alien fakes from that book I read as a teen the first time.
Loved the book, I literally swallowed it. But it also creeped me out and I had quite a few nightmares. :HideThePain:
Now AI makes those nightmares looking real as fuck.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Why are people even trying to prove it, its clearly AI , not only but the guy is working with very basic setup, I even know its sd 1.5, not even sdxl. And the reason it looks so bad is because he probably generated in one of those websites and the site's model is old and not good, even a new model of sd 1.5 would look better in every way.
Like the image below is just img 2 img using sdxl, i just did in 20 sec while writing this post , so the technology is already much better than whatever this guy posted. And I only have a 4070TI, with a better card you can do so much more, so just like rendering, even ai images will be better with better models and a more powerful system. Duh you need more VRAM to produce higher resolution images, They just released SD Cascade and its probably going to be even better than sdxl but they recommend a 16-20 GB vram card, because higher resolution will require higher available vram. SdXL produces 1024 resolution images while sd 1.5 does 512. View attachment 3357003
This is better in quality than picture that troll tried to scam us with. But still, when examining the face, it is clear that something is wrong and she looks lifeless, causing the uncanny valley effect. The most serious symptom of pictures of people made by AI.
DAZ models may have their drawbacks, but damn, they look much more real and lively. But here everything is in the hands of the creator, how well he can portray them.
ss_a8582832ab616130e6c6913bcbfb38b1f57c4145.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

TIGER ACE

Jan 9, 2019
This is better in quality than picture that troll tried to scam us with. But still, when examining the face, it is clear that something is wrong and she looks lifeless, causing the uncanny valley effect. The most serious symptom of pictures of people made by AI.
DAZ models may have their drawbacks, but damn, they look much more real and lively. But here everything is in the hands of the creator, how well he can portray them.
View attachment 3357117
I wasnt really comparing it to Ocean or whats possible with 3d rendering, In my opinion ofcourse human work is still way better, I was just saying his ai image is already outdated tech. And that even doing ai generation, better / newer models that does higher resolution you will still need better card with higher available vram. Mostly shitting on him for using a bad ai work and not even some what passable one to try fool people with.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
[...] uncanny valley effect [...]
To my shame I have never heard of this term before and got curious what are you talking about and how to name it.

At least I know now why some kind of robots/animations have creeping me out to hell and back.

Going down this rabbit hole was a mistake, and the more examples I have found the more uncomfortable I got ...

Well, I've learnt something again. Until now, I thought that I was the only one who felt that way about such things.

Thank you for broadening my horizon!

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
To my shame I have never heard of this term before and got curious what are you talking about and how to name it.

At least I know now why some kind of robots/animations have creeping me out to hell and back.

Going down this rabbit hole was a mistake, and the more examples I have found the more uncomfortable I got ...

Well, I've learnt something again. Until now, I thought that I was the only one who felt that way about such things.

Thank you for broadening my horizon!
Yes, this is exactly so, it all started with robots that look too realistic, but small details of inconsistency cause rejection and fear in people.

Winterstale

Oct 3, 2018
I'm curious to know how many of you enjoyed the sci-fi element in the story, particularly the part where they played the alien game? Personally, I'm not a big fan of such themes in VNs, but that's just my preference – no offense intended to the creator. I must admit, though, the scenes were visually stunning.
I've noticed that many devs, like the one behind 'Being a DIK,' for instance, incorporate similar elements. Is this really as popular as it seems?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I'm curious to know how many of you enjoyed the sci-fi element in the story, particularly the part where they played the alien game? Personally, I'm not a big fan of such themes in VNs, but that's just my preference – no offense intended to the creator. I must admit, though, the scenes were visually stunning.
I've noticed that many devs, like the one behind 'Being a DIK,' for instance, incorporate similar elements. Is this really as popular as it seems?
I'd like it more if there was no normal outside story. Killing aliens is more fun than going to college

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
It provides a couple of elements to the story. One is that it introduces more of the girls' personalities to Nika. It also acts as a springboard for Sonya to break out of her restrictive family life to experience things and explore her crush on Nika. After the invitation to the farm Nika now has the opportunity for time away from home to spend with potential love interests. Those are the ones that spring to mind first and there are probably others.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I absolutely hate it.
I understand that it's important to the plot. This is a plot device designed to build friendship and more between such different people as Nadia, Sonia and MC with Nami. And even get close to the hot Professor Mueller. This trick allows the author to place some scenes into the virtual world that would be out of place in the main story. Maybe some special kinks and fetishes, who knows what these sneaky aliens are capable of. Yeah, I understand all of this. But still I don't like the context switching in the main story, neither I liked the D&G in BaD nor I will ever like the tabletop game in SG. :HideThePain:

4.30 star(s) 504 Votes