yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I'm curious to know how many of you enjoyed the sci-fi element in the story, particularly the part where they played the alien game? Personally, I'm not a big fan of such themes in VNs, but that's just my preference – no offense intended to the creator. I must admit, though, the scenes were visually stunning.
I've noticed that many devs, like the one behind 'Being a DIK,' for instance, incorporate similar elements. Is this really as popular as it seems?
I absolutely hate it.
I understand that it's important to the plot. This is a plot device designed to build friendship and more between such different people as Nadia, Sonia and MC with Nami. And even get close to the hot Professor Mueller. This trick allows the author to place some scenes into the virtual world that would be out of place in the main story. Maybe some special kinks and fetishes, who knows what these sneaky aliens are capable of. Yeah, I understand all of this. But still I don't like the context switching in the main story, neither I liked the D&G in BaD nor I will ever like the tabletop game in SG. :HideThePain:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I'm curious to know how many of you enjoyed the sci-fi element in the story, particularly the part where they played the alien game? Personally, I'm not a big fan of such themes in VNs, but that's just my preference – no offense intended to the creator. I must admit, though, the scenes were visually stunning.
I've noticed that many devs, like the one behind 'Being a DIK,' for instance, incorporate similar elements. Is this really as popular as it seems?
Its a useful plot device, I don't like or dislike it as a story telling tool. I felt this one in SG was a tad long. After a while, I just wanted it to end and get back to the story. Although, if one of my favourites had been in it, I probably would have wanted it to last longer :D

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I enjoyed the Sci-Fi episode.

IMO - it did a lot to advance the story:

The MC got a chance to support Sonya taking some independent action against the aliens as well as getting her out for an afternoon in mixed company.

The MC got a chance to confront and resolve the issue with Nadia (handcuffs in the girl's locker room) so it did not fester.

Potential plot point - the confrontation the MC had with the son of a first team BB coach.

The MC and Nami got an invite to the barn for future games.

A professor arrived late to play - so we learned that students and teachers mix in these activities.

This also leaves the possibility for lewd moments with a professor or two at barn events once the game is done and alcohol has been flowing.

There are lewd cards in game, and these can be used by the women on the MC or by the MC on the women - something for the next get together.

A comment from a few years ago - when they do a DND style event (think medieval), a comment was made that there could be a harem in that scenario.

How that will play out was not mentioned but some flirting in game, finding out that some of the women would share a man could lead to threesome opportunities in the barn or after (recognize that this is years out, but I view the sci fi setting as setting the stage and establishing the ground 'rules' for future get togethers and related encounters).

These are just my off the cuff musings and I am sure I missed other aspects of the Sci Fi setting.

I recognize that some people don't like the setting but, in terms of opening up story opportunities, roleplaying can get the job done.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
According to the scenario, they played a tabletop role-playing game. But Ocean forgot one important element - immersion. This is a role-playing game, and should have variety and different endings. With Ocean's it's just a linear run like another level in Call of Duty. What's even sadder is that this board game is clearly modeled after X-COM.

And no matter how much I was annoyed by the similar Dungeons & Gremlins in BaDIK after 20 runs of the game, I must admit that PinkCake implemented it very well. A huge number of choices, scenario moves and endings. You can die and fail the game many times without knowing what to do. Sort of Souls-like inside AVN. ( It's a shame he didn't add the killer chest :LOL:) It doesn't add anything to the main plot, but it does add variety to the monotonous point and click. Ofc, if you only play through the game a few times. More - and it's annoying.
So my personal opinion is that Ocean failed this point.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
There's no rape or ntr plans in future right?
Nobody in this forum can answer this question for you because we don't have any crystal balls. Only the developer can answer that for you. Please use the official channels for this.

1708065411981.png

My personal answer would be: RIGHT

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Firaxis. The alien designs, weapon and armor details are very similar.
That scene actually prompted me to go to XCOM2 and start another heavily modded playthrough. If I had the skills, I would add in the SG crew so I could take them out and save Earth! :cool:

It would be one way to have some fun with the MC and his 'girl' squad in between updates.

Cheers!! :coffee:

4.40 star(s) 500 Votes