BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Dude...c'mon now... Haven't we spent the last 5 years of SG in like 2 weeks of in-game time??? The MC made plans to spar with Ayua back at the start of chapter 3. That was in the middle of the school week. Maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday. On that same week's Friday there is the basketball game and Bella tells you she is going away for the weekend. She returns that same night on a Saturday morning after the dinner at Nick's and spending the night at the Frohn's. Awkward breakfast, quick platonic nap, you go to Nia's (or not, in my case) then home, ride with Eva, meet Bella, encounter with the elder Ciril bitch, then book club, then rats and the Saturday ends spending the night at Nick's. Meeting Auya should be the next day, on Sunday iirc.

That's like 2.5 chapters over the course of 2/3 years? Sure you have quite a few scenes but they only span like 3 or 4 days at most. I guess it's a matter of opinion but I think it's fair to say that there was barely any progress at all in the narrative.
You listed most of the things that have happened since Ch3 and there are a lot, missed a few, but yeah. What you're describing is the problem of pacing. I found the tabletop to drag on even if I acknowledge it had some merit for developing certain characters, but I found the bookclub either revealed new angles to characters or depth to the plots. The speed of the plots developing is slow, no one can argue otherwise, but that is the game's aesthetic. The actual plot is how Nika reacts to all the changing circumstances and how he learns to overcome his weaknesses. We've seen quite a lot of development there - it's just that the time isn't advancing fast enough for some people, and most people what a plot about actions rather than character building. We don't even know if the ZPR politics stuff is central or peripheral to Nika's story - all we know is that it is the background reason there is tension regarding the first team, and that acts as a backdrop to Nika working to get in the team and get out of his head.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I completely forget, how long is it usually between beta release and full? 4 months?

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I completely forget, how long is it usually between beta release and full? 4 months?
More than ten years. And it's not even close to beta.
And this is between the alpha version and the beta version.
Wait, you weren't talking abouth the 7 Days to Die?

Seriously, read the WiAB dev log, it's actually more about SG
https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-ch-3-full-oceanlab.19856/post-12969156

While I did do some WiAB in the past two weeks, I'm going to focus on SG for around 2-3 weeks, and then after the release of Season 1 SG, I will return to the usual schedule.
I would be skeptical about these estimates; I guess the full version will be ready somewhere in the second half of March. But this is just my pure speculation.

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020
Python:
sas "I doubt that the author meant for such a complex explanation. The one we discussed last time."
    scene sb532 with dssa
    sas "People often read too much into minor things."
    scene sb522 with dssa
    rm "Susan?"
    scene sb523 with dssa
    sg "Sasha might be right but I doubt that the author didn't mean anything by it."
    m "It's hard to judge such a statement without knowing the authors personal life and circumstances."
    scene sb533 with dssr
    sas "Indeed."
    sas "It's in our nature to seek meaning in whatever life throws at us."
    scene sb534 with dssr
    mw "I'm with Sasha here... I don't see any deeper meaning."
Ocean was trolling us all along :KEK:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Python:
sas "I doubt that the author meant for such a complex explanation. The one we discussed last time."
    scene sb532 with dssa
    sas "People often read too much into minor things."
    scene sb522 with dssa
    rm "Susan?"
    scene sb523 with dssa
    sg "Sasha might be right but I doubt that the author didn't mean anything by it."
    m "It's hard to judge such a statement without knowing the authors personal life and circumstances."
    scene sb533 with dssr
    sas "Indeed."
    sas "It's in our nature to seek meaning in whatever life throws at us."
    scene sb534 with dssr
    mw "I'm with Sasha here... I don't see any deeper meaning."
Ocean was trolling us all along :KEK:
:KEK: Damn reaction limit.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
Normally 1-2 months (or more depending on how much needs to be adjusted).

According to Ocean's initial estimates, SG ch 5 Full will be released in December or at the latest in January and the new PC procurement process will take place within 1 month after that.

But everything didn't go as planned. Many renders use more than 24GB of VRam, much more than expected (rendering always crashes if the amount of VRam is not sufficient), while Ocean only has 1 RTX A6000. He has tried various methods, reducing the number of characters that must be included, etc., but to no avail.

That's why he accelerated the process of procuring new PCs (even if only partially). That also requires a process. Applying for credit to the bank, purchasing/renting a GPU (I forget which one) and several things in between. And 2 new GPUs are in Ocean's hands (if I'm not mistaken in mid-January).

So progress is running again. we can monitor by reading his weekly Devlog.

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
List of animals that appear in the WiAB and SG universes: :geek:
- Spider (WiAB/SG)
- cat (SG)
- Raccoon (WiAB/SG)
- rat (SG)
- snake (WiAB)
- ?
- ?...

---------------
I don't think I've ever seen a dog at WiAB or SG :unsure::unsure:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
:KEK: Damn reaction limit.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This isn't some Hitchcockian thing is it? Where the Maker of the games makes cameo appearances throughout. Could Ocean's real surname be Waschbär?

Either that or Ocean's a Buddhist and Summer's been reincarnated. /s

Last edited:

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
Does anyone know who Laura is?:unsure:
bc2.jpg

What I saw was Adriana starting a conversation about sexual relationships.
bc1.jpg

Or it's all just a writing error :unsure:

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes