rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
One character I didn't like was Bella (but who knows, maybe I'll change my opinion as the game progresses)
Yeah, most of us didn't like her after first release, but changed our opinion since. She's cool actually. Her (and Nami's) story is the biggest now. That could change in season 2. Other LI's didn't have so much screen time yet.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Yeah, most of us didn't like her after first release, but changed our opinion since. She's cool actually. Her (and Nami's) story is the biggest now. That could change in season 2. Other LI's didn't have so much screen time yet.
Yeah, I hated Bella originally. It doesn't help that she just looks like a complete bitch, she acted like one as well. As the story progressed down her line, I found she had a great deal more traits that made it understandable. She's still a bitch, but one I can relate to.

stiflerBR

Jan 12, 2022
Sim, a maioria de nós não gostou dela após o primeiro lançamento, mas mudamos de opinião desde então. Ela é legal, na verdade. A história dela (e de Nami) é a maior agora. Isso pode mudar na segunda temporada. Outros LIs ainda não tiveram tanto tempo de tela.
[/CITAR]

maybe who knows

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Yeah, I hated Bella originally. It doesn't help that she just looks like a complete bitch, she acted like one as well. As the story progressed down her line, I found she had a great deal more traits that made it understandable. She's still a bitch, but one I can relate to.
That part "She's still a bitch..." is correct. The dynamic and personality treads collision between MC and Bella is really good written. They have similar traits, but were lived on opposite side of social ladder.

Last edited:

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
If you say that, it means you don't understand her at all. Bella is evil. There can be no talk of any love on her part. Bella uses Nika for her own purposes. If not for this, she would have destroyed him long ago.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
We also lost one of my favorites that matched the Bella MC scene so well (hilltop kiss and Bella's confusion):

We lost a lot of good music that fit scenes/animations so well.

Cheers!! :coffee:
nah 3.gif

Nah. Music is highly subjective. I just mute AVN's and play my own music, if I play any at all.

Reactions: Ilhares

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
View attachment 3352953

Nah. Music is highly subjective. I just mute AVN's and play my own music, if I play any at all.
I think we have very different approaches to our entertainment.

I enjoy music, especially good/great music, with all forms of my entertainment - be it AVN, TV, or movie for example.

I don't see a difference in my forms of entertainment and music is a key component for it.

I would not enjoy SG, Supernatural or Lord of the Rings nearly as much if I could not enjoy them with their intended music and sound effects.

There are some AVNs I play that have no associated music or sound and I will find tracks that I can play that I will listen to while I enjoy those AVNs - it enriches my experience.

SO - in the end - we have different approaches to how we enjoy our entertainment.

That is nothing unusual - GL finding AVNs that work for you.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I didn't like the music in AVNs until SG, especially Lvly's songs changed my entire perspective. :giggle:
Summers Gone is the first AVN that literally built music playlists for me.

One of the best parts of these playlists is that I can listen to them when I travel for work, close my eyes while waiting for a flight and 'watch' the associated scene from SG.

SG is the first AVN that gave me That with my playlists!

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

One of the best parts of these playlists is that I can listen to them when I travel for work, close my eyes while waiting for a flight and 'watch' the associated scene from SG.

Not to mention that Ocean said that he created some animations entirely based on a certain song, he, inspired by the song, came up with a plot and composition for the animation. Therefore, the ban on the use of certain soundtracks was a sudden painful blow to the game.

I don't remember if that animation was still in the last version, when Nia sat down next to MC in the auditorium and blabbered unstoppably, and he leans back in his chair and closes his eyes. There used to be a song "A Certain Shade of Blue", and while camera sequentally focuses on certain girls in the auditorium, the song plays:

There are a lot of choices
Waiting to be made
Too many choices
Making me afraid

There is simply nothing to add or take away, the song absolutely accurately conveys the mood and thoughts of the MC and creates a powerful impression of the scene. When he had to remove the song and replace it with some free filler music track, the scene lost half its focus and no longer leaves such a strong impression as it was before.

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
Not to mention that Ocean said that he created some animations entirely based on a certain song, he, inspired by the song, came up with a plot and composition for the animation. Therefore, the ban on the use of certain soundtracks was a sudden painful blow to the game.

I don't remember if that animation was still in the last version, when Nia sat down next to MC in the auditorium and blabbered unstoppably, and he leans back in his chair and closes his eyes. There used to be a song "A Certain Shade of Blue", and while camera sequentally focuses on certain girls in the auditorium, the song plays:

There are a lot of choices
Waiting to be made
Too many choices
Making me afraid

There is simply nothing to add or take away, the song absolutely accurately conveys the mood and thoughts of the MC and creates a powerful impression of the scene. When he had to remove the song and replace it with some free filler music track, the scene lost half its focus and no longer leaves such a strong impression as it was before.

Sasha:love:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
From a businessman's point of view, releasing the final version of SG on Patreon before the release on steam would be financial suicide or just borderline stupid.
Why? Let's start with the fact that the final version of SG is of little interest to anyone, because it will not contain a new chapter, but a reworking of the old one. Well, most importantly, Patreon and Steam have different audiences. That's why Ocean wants to get into Steam, for the sake of this he even deleted erotic footage.... by the way, he wrote about it himself.

• Angry
Reactions: Schattenlust

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Every developer nowadays seems to be trending in that direction. Almost all games I follow and support take much longer now to pump out an update than they did 2 or 3 years ago. The only way to change that would be for an overwhelming amount of supporters to stop adhering to the subscription model in favor of a "pay for update" model.
This is a very old topic and has been discussed many times. The system is built in such a way that it is profitable for developers to stretch out the release of the game, they will get more money this way.
Therefore, developers constantly come up with reasons that prevent them from creating games.
I recently read Ocean’s log where he writes that he made a picture on 2xA6000 in 6 minutes or less, I don’t remember exactly. Then I go to another forum and read how an artist made a picture with the same quality as Ocean’s on 2070 in 20+ seconds.

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020

Departure by Vesky - Bella's theme song, is so good. You are right about SG being so connected with its songs. Ambient renders with ambient songs mesh perfectly. Very few AVNs come close to this perfection.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes