yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Yeah, I don't remember him giving any numbers on S2CH1 SG either, he just mentioned that he works on it from time to time and posted some previews. [...]
Following up yesterday's discussion. From SG dev log of 1 Nov 2023:
The current render count is:
S2-CH1 = 190 stills + 55 seconds of animations. (I did quite a few animations already.)
CH2 rework = 225 stills.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

D4rkK1ng

Feb 17, 2024
The dev logs usually come out in the later half of the week, alternating between WiaB and SG, so Thursday week will likely be the next one. The dev logs are leaked from Ocean's patreon by some very kind souls, I think Ocean's changed the way access works: images used to stay up longer, but it depends of people hotlink or upload. I keep checking back in and downloading the images while they're around now.

From memory it's going to be 6 seasons, 30 chapters give or take. Since the rework started is the best way currently to judge who long it's taken, as basically almost the entire first three chapters were redone. Ch3 was released Jan 2021, so everything developed since then is the real development time, as there's only a few original enders left of chapter 3. That gives us ~3 years a season at the current pace. So we have a lot of content ahead of us. He's also been developing his first game WiaB at the same time, it's worth checking that out if you haven't as it's set in the same place before SG and has some of the same characters. Events in WiaB also will impact SG - Ocean's said that chocies made in WiaB will carry over into SG, but it's unknown how or when that will be implemented.
so... it really gonna take a decade o_O , thanks for the info
ps i played wiab too , but even though admit its beautiful made and a quality VN , i dont really liked it. (i believe summer gonne its superior)

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Does anyone have a theory or hypothesis about Sasha's white hair group ? :unsure:

View attachment 3431525

View attachment 3431527 :unsure::unsure:

View attachment 3431529

There are at least 3 people including Ayua (2 people if you don't agree with the 2nd person)
Because she is close to Sasha, will Robin also dye her hair?
My guesses are it's a social clique thing, but Robin hasn't done it, so not a purely social circle thing. Ayua and the 2nd one are both sporty - we see the second one talking with Coach Coates in the cafe. We don't know much about the redhead other than she's Sasha's friend, and she's kept an eye on Nika. They appear when Nika fights Sai.

My theory is they all train together and no one should pick a fight with them.

Edit: hermit_tr by train together, I forgot to mention that I meant at Ayua's martial arts gym - we know Sasha does, and we know the brunette seems to have an interest in sports by talking with one of the first team's coachs, so I suspect the redhead is also part of it. Maybe it islike a team colour for an exhibition?

Considering they just happen to appear when Nika's fighting, it would interesting to see what they'd do to break it up.

...and this is just my guessing.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: hermit_tr

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Yet again you have demonstrated you don't understand how rendering works. Yes of course you can make high quality images without a ton of VRAM. But it's impossible to make a high quality, highly complicated, and highly populated rendering without a ton of VRAM.
Anything is possible, here is a video refuting your words. Look carefully, this is a very interesting video about Vram...

The 3090 is still useful, yes, but it's useless for the rest of the rendering Ocean wants to do. You can do beautiful character rendering with just 2gb of VRAM, but what about rendering scenes featuring 20+ characters.
I found a test where there are a lot of objects and characters, much more than 20. Only there is not 3090 but 4090, although there is no difference, because they both have 24 GB. Unfortunately, you did not watch the previous video, it will explain in detail about the various objects in the frame.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
Anything is possible, here is a video refuting your words. Look carefully, this is a very interesting video about Vram...

I found a test where there are a lot of objects and characters, much more than 20. Only there is not 3090 but 4090, although there is no difference, because they both have 24 GB. Unfortunately, you did not watch the previous video, it will explain in detail about the various objects in the frame.
And why this two video is relevant?

In the first video comparing the RTX 3090 vs. RTX A6000 (not RTX 6000 Ada) in Blender, Maya and Cinema 4D. In the second one comparing RTX 4090 vs. RTX 6000 Ada in Lumion render engine? Maybe I am wrong, or blind or totally stupid, but none of those programs are called DAZ.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

In the first video comparing the RTX 3090 vs. RTX A6000 (not RTX 6000 Ada) in Blender, Maya and Cinema 4D. In the second one comparing RTX 4090 vs. RTX 6000 Ada in Lumion render engine? Maybe I am wrong, or blind or totally stupid, but none of those programs are called DAZ.
Of course they're not relevant. He knows he'll get eaten alive if he went to the dev section and posted his videos there. He can't post on topic because he can't even tell you what he likes about the game.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Does anyone have a theory or hypothesis about Sasha's white hair group ? :unsure:

View attachment 3431525

View attachment 3431527 :unsure::unsure:

View attachment 3431529

There are at least 3 people including Ayua (2 people if you don't agree with the 2nd person)
Because she is close to Sasha, will Robin also dye her hair?
Nami seems to be at this secret circle too
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
PS:There is a chanse that we have seen great and unique Teeny Grey

neglection

Aug 22, 2022
Nami seems to be at this secret circle too
PS:There is a chanse that we have seen great and unique Teeny Grey
Sasha and her clique are aliens and they are trying to return to their original form. Each chapter they become more grey

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023

To understand this, you need to watch the conversation from the very beginning.

We are talking about Vram here, and not about comparing video cards. It doesn’t matter what program you are working in: Blender, Daz, Maya, etc. this does not change the number of Vrams.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes