wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Season 2 Supervised date with her family. Promise to be faithful.
Season 3 Convert religion. Study theology.
Season 4 No sex until marriage.
Season 5 Dev dies of old age just before wedding.
At least we'll have a normal haircut for family date.

Last edited:

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
No beard shaving allowed.
It's not so clear-cut: in Iran( where Sonya from) beards are only recommended for civil servants. you can actually see a lot of men without beards in Iran.
And moreover mc seems can`t grow a beard, we see no stubble at all

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
By the way, can you please tell me: Am I right to understand that work on season 2 has not started at all yet? I read the devlogs, but I assumed that he at least started something in the new season

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
By the way, can you please tell me: Am I right to understand that work on season 2 has not started at all yet? I read the devlogs, but I assumed that he at least started something in the new season
if I understand correctly only small bits and pieces here and there have been worked on but the main focus been the rework / steam release.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
if I understand correctly only small bits and pieces here and there have been worked on but the main focus been the rework / steam release.
Yeah, I don't remember him giving any numbers on S2CH1 SG either, he just mentioned that he works on it from time to time and posted some previews.

But here's a quote from the WIAB dev log from early January, just to give an idea of how big those small bits and pieces can be (the last WIAB chapter released is chapter 3). :KEK:
So, Chapter 3.5 is now in the works.[...] As I mentioned in a previous Log, I can work on two updates at the same time, thanks to the A6000. That's why I'm already ~700 renders deep into the next Update.
While this is just my pure speculation and I have no idea how much progress he made on S2 of SG, 1500 new renders of reworked S1 chapters and ~700 from the next WiAB chapter alone isn't bad at all.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, I don't remember him giving any numbers on S2CH1 SG either, he just mentioned that he works on it from time to time and posted some previews.

But here's a quote from the WIAB dev log from early January, just to give an idea of how big those small bits and pieces can be (the last WIAB chapter released is chapter 3). :KEK:

While this is just my pure speculation and I have no idea how much progress he made on S2 of SG, 1500 new renders of reworked S1 chapters and ~700 from the next WiAB chapter alone isn't bad at all.
Ocean's been posting the odd S2 renders here and there since late October I think. He's also said he's going to limit the preview of them so he doesn't give away spoilers too early. So he's been churning away behind the scenes, as usual :)

I know you're all over it yossa, but for those who haven't seen it, the S2 Dev Log #3 is worth having a look at for the kind of renders Ocean is doing for S2:

S2 Dev Log #3

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Is the full planned rework of the all chapters? Complete season 1 or not?
Yep, steam release of season one is tying the knot off on the reworks. Ocean has finished all the renders and will only rerender the bar scene if Steam take a while giving season 1 the green light. I think the bar scene is the only old scene remaining currently. Everything else has been rendered and sent to his testers.

BorrXL

Jan 6, 2018
Yep, steam release of season one is tying the knot off on the reworks. Ocean has finished all the renders and will only rerender the bar scene if Steam take a while giving season 1 the green light. I think the bar scene is the only old scene remaining currently. Everything else has been rendered and sent to his testers.
Ok, thanks. I think still, it's worth waiting for the result of the steam release.
With rework the bar scene if release will allow on steam.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Ok, thanks. I think still, it's worth waiting for the result of the steam release.
With rework the bar scene if release will allow on steam.
It's definitely worth waiting for the steam release if you haven't played it in a while; the current release has continuity problems because the rework is incomplete. It'll be great to sit down and play it from start to finish as Oceans means it to be. I am sure that given Ocean's perfectionism, if he ships it to steam with the current bar scene (and any errors that got missed by his proof readers/testers) he'll probably release a patch, but it seems to me that he is keen to move on to the next part of the story. The fact that he is doing a lot of work on both season 2 of SG and the next two chapters of WiaB says to me he is keen to show us what develops from here and is kind of ready to let things stand for what they are now.

BorrXL

Jan 6, 2018
It's definitely worth waiting for the steam release if you haven't played it in a while; the current release has continuity problems because the rework is incomplete. It'll be great to sit down and play it from start to finish as Oceans means it to be. I am sure that given Ocean's perfectionism, if he ships it to steam with the current bar scene (and any errors that got missed by his proof readers/testers) he'll probably release a patch, but it seems to me that he is keen to move on to the next part of the story. The fact that he is doing a lot of work on both season 2 of SG and the next two chapters of WiaB says to me he is keen to show us what develops from here and is kind of ready to let things stand for what they are now.
Will look, what we have in total 9d1e12500ed6e58b45796dd3b81cd968.jpeg

MIkedante

Dec 10, 2019
Because someone with AI shit is completely messing her up,
even the mc no longer dares to look at her,she has become so hideous,
the magic and beauty immediately disappear when AI "art"intervenes.. :cautious::cautious:
OK, my bad I don't seen dev post when comes out, and atm those original pics are "expired" (like it's really good choice of posting pics here to choose site where pic expire in less than week BTW). Found original one, now it gives sense...

D4rkK1ng

Feb 17, 2024
OK, my bad I don't seen dev post when comes out, and atm those original pics are "expired" (like it's really good choice of posting pics here to choose site where pic expire in less than week BTW). Found original one, now it gives sense...
im wondering how many seasons the summers gone gonna have? each season gonna be with 5 episodes each? ..
so if the first season took almost 5 years (if im correctly) to finish and lets say summer gonne gonna have 3 seasons? (after all there so many characters/stories to tell and so much potential in this VN...)
how many years will we have to wait to see this masterpiece finished? another 8-10? omg..
there is very few VN like summer gonne which make me to wait in anticipation for an update.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The dev logs usually come out in the later half of the week, alternating between WiaB and SG, so Thursday week will likely be the next one. The dev logs are leaked from Ocean's patreon by some very kind souls, I think Ocean's changed the way access works: images used to stay up longer, but it depends of people hotlink or upload. I keep checking back in and downloading the images while they're around now.

im wondering how many seasons the summers gone gonna have? each season gonna be with 5 episodes each? ..
so if the first season took almost 5 years (if im correctly) to finish and lets say summer gonne gonna have 3 seasons? (after all there so many characters/stories to tell and so much potential in this VN...)
how many years will we have to wait to see this masterpiece finished? another 8-10? omg..
there is very few VN like summer gonne which make me to wait in anticipation for an update.
From memory it's going to be 6 seasons, 30 chapters give or take. Since the rework started is the best way currently to judge who long it's taken, as basically almost the entire first three chapters were redone. Ch3 was released Jan 2021, so everything developed since then is the real development time, as there's only a few original enders left of chapter 3. That gives us ~3 years a season at the current pace. So we have a lot of content ahead of us. He's also been developing his first game WiaB at the same time, it's worth checking that out if you haven't as it's set in the same place before SG and has some of the same characters. Events in WiaB also will impact SG - Ocean's said that chocies made in WiaB will carry over into SG, but it's unknown how or when that will be implemented.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
From Aug 2023 dev log:
I technically finished writing Summer's Gone.
It got a total of 32 Chapters for the main story... I will certainly rewrite some Chapters that haven't been released yet over time, but well. Now we have a number.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes