Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
You can play the game and be an arsehole to everyone (that includes rejecting LIs). Guess what? You come away with nothing ('none of this fantasy "every LI (and their mothers) just wants to fuck me" bollocks).
A VN in which (word)choices and consequences define who wants to have sex with the MC, which just makes it realistic enough that it feels like not every women in there just stumbled and fell on MCs dick via accident?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
My message was crap, looks like the quote system is not able to find a post if the name from the poster has changed.

Anyway, nice catch mate!
You can find his messages (at least the ones that haven't been deleted by the moderators or himself) the normal way, just by typing "Kemal Ataturk" into the user name box in the thread search and leaving the search phrase box empty.
You can find all the posts where his existing or deleted posts have been quoted under his former name by someone else by typing "lolashola" into the search box and leaving the user name box empty.
You certainly can, but do you really want to? I mean, you know what you'll find there... :HideThePain:

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
With Ch 4.5, I did try an "Asshole MC" playthrough, just for shits & giggles. That involved simply rejecting and being rude to everyone. Obviously, the game was rather uneventful, i.e. NPCs reacted to the MC's behaviour appropriately

I did notice at the time that acting like a dick too often toward any LI seemed to pretty much kill options with them later in the playthrough. Some options, scenes, and dialogues that appear on a normal playthrough, seemed to disappear on an "Asshole MC" playthrough.
One of the things I like about this game. An MC, being either a Massive DIK or a Massive CHICK in the SG world, will not have the same success as the one who acts according to the situation, is considerate of other characters, and does not hesitate to use common sense.

Let's take the Zara storyline.
First he teases and annoys her, and then publicly humiliates her. However, he attracts her interest. Now he is not just one of these pathetic weaklings, like Trey, but an arrogant and cocky boor who needs to be put in his place. Then he allows her to take revenge and feel like a winner for a while.

Further, when they meet at Nick's house, through manipulation, teasing and small concessions, he achieves that they become almost friends. And having achieved this, he then constantly maintains a balance, on the one hand, not allowing Zara's dominant nature to take over and spoil their growing friendship, and on the other hand, not going too far and showing that he cares about her and respects her.

It is not surprising that at the end of the fifth chapter she jumps with joy around him when she finds out that he will live in their house for some time. Was it just because of the opportunity to train together? Fuck if I'll buy it. No, that too, it's like a topping in a breadroll, but she's genuinely glad to be in his company and spend time with him.

Would he have achieved such an attitude from her on a purely dark path? I don’t think so, she would still feel insulted and humiliated and would try in every possible way to fight him. But she wouldn’t have accepted a slime from a purely light path either, she would probably have bullied him, if only because she doesn’t respect weaklings.

MC sets boundaries early on, has no qualms about being an asshole when it's needed, but rewards Zara for respecting boundaries and allowing her to play within those boundaries.

This is something that many other games do poorly: they are too straightforward. If they allow the MC to be evil or good, then he is either a complete moron and a sociopath, or he is so sweet, caring and helpful that most girls would puke from such a slime. But female game characters doesn't notice that. Cardboard cunts.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
One of the things I like about this game. An MC, being either a Massive DIK or a Massive CHICK in the SG world, will not have the same success as the one who acts according to the situation, is considerate of other characters, and does not hesitate to use common sense.

First he teases and annoys her, and then publicly humiliates her. However, he attracts her interest. Now he is not just one of these pathetic weaklings, like Trey, but an arrogant and cocky boor who needs to be put in his place. Then he allows her to take revenge and feel like a winner for a while.

Further, when they meet at Nick's house, through manipulation, teasing and small concessions, he achieves that they become almost friends. And having achieved this, he then constantly maintains a balance, on the one hand, not allowing Zara's dominant nature to take over and spoil their growing friendship, and on the other hand, not going too far and showing that he cares about her and respects her.

It is not surprising that at the end of the fifth chapter she jumps with joy around him when she finds out that he will live in their house for some time. Was it just because of the opportunity to train together? Fuck if I'll buy it. No, that too, it's like a topping in a breadroll, but she's genuinely glad to be in his company and spend time with him.

Would he have achieved such an attitude from her on a purely dark path? I don’t think so, she would still feel insulted and humiliated and would try in every possible way to fight him. But she wouldn’t have accepted a slime from a purely light path either, she would probably have bullied him, if only because she doesn’t respect weaklings.

MC sets boundaries early on, has no qualms about being an asshole when it's needed, but rewards Zara for respecting boundaries and allowing her to play within those boundaries.

This is something that many other games do poorly: they are too straightforward. If they allow the MC to be evil or good, then he is either a complete moron and a sociopath, or he is so sweet, caring and helpful that most girls would puke from such a slime. But female game characters doesn't notice that. Cardboard cunts.
Yes, to all of the above.

One of the valuable aspects (for me) of the game's story is the characters actually being different: they have clear likes and dislikes, they have mannerisms, different ways of speaking etc. Some devs writing is good, but everyone has the same mannerisms as the dev. Ocean's clearly though about what motivates each character and how they react to the situations. Some things they'll be indifferent to, other things become a big deal; so the differences in behaviour from some of the girls if you kiss Bella sets them up to be jealous, whereas before you were a nobody. Not knowing what the outcome will be of any decision for several chapters makes me think I should act how I think it most authentic to me.

Having said that, because different characters are distinct, everyone has different pieces of the puzzle. Depending on what path you are on you find out different parts of the back story. I'm wondering if there will be a path for Melanie, and how that will affect things with the current circle of friends Nika's developing. It's not that I want to watch the world burn, I'm just curious to find out all the angles of the story, especially as Ocean loves hiding clues in odd places.

Primarily though, I'll be a responsible Nika, because actions have consequences. :sneaky:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
he is so sweet, caring and helpful that most girls would puke from such a slime. But female game characters doesn't notice that. Cardboard cunts.
Thats plays a big part in why i like ocean's avns.

Im just so tired of the always undertstanding and supportive, everybodys darling carebear mc (but of course only if the other person has tits otherwise who gives a fuck).

Even worse when they - like in most cases - are completly empty opinionless shells, their whole behavior and opinions shaped to please the LI. Thats the opposite of what - in my experience - women are into, they usually like guys with opinions (as long as they arent dumb and even then ..) who are able to discuss/convince them or other people too, it shows confidence (and sometimes intellect) which usually are appealing traits.

Sometimes it feels like these MC's are designed like 12 year old girls imagine their disney dream prince. Real women would get so utterly bored by bland guys like that in no time, its nonsensical.

And we havent even talked about the completly brainless MC's who do nothing else than obsessing about some girls bodys/tits/asses/whatever in their damaged brains driven only by hornyness like my dog at a certain time of a year lmao, just trying to hump every other dog around.

Yeah long story short, thats why i really like Nika and William and i like that they are flawed.

Esp William i would like maybe way less if normal avn mcs would be more balanced, because truth is, at this point i think he's a cocky, overconfident, reckless jerk. Not the biggest fan of guys like that usually.

But he's hilarious, charismatic, funny and just a very different experience to the usual avn protagonist which makes it very enjoyable for me.

And for both (Nika & Willy) it opens up a lot of potential character development over the time of the storys to work on their "flaws".

Last edited:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I think this is why there is still butthurt about the abolition of the dark path.
I was never butthurt about the abolition of the dark path but I always thought that MC was at least interesting. The asshole, detached, inappropriate, emo and edgy MC that everyone complained about at the beggining was at the very least incredibly interesting to play as. Whereas the current one is just kinda boring, sad and pathetic. Like an ugly puppy that was abandoned and kicked around too much.

I've never cared for or sympathized much with either of Ocean's MC's but Willy at least retained a bit of "edge" after the rework while SG's MC was toned down to an almost unbearable state.

I know most people won't agree with this. But it's also why I was never able to let go of what SG was pre-rework. At least up to 3.0. That was the story I wanted to play. That was my undisputed #1 game. Then the retconning of scenes, dialogue and characters began and this game was never the same to me. The emotional heights previously achieved dwindled to that of an average VN. And that's why, while I still very much enjoy the setting, the side characters and the story, I doubt it will ever break my top 10 again. This is what I'm butthurt about. I will never see or get to play the version of this game that I truly loved.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Yes, to all of the above.

One of the valuable aspects (for me) of the game's story is the characters actually being different: they have clear likes and dislikes, they have mannerisms, different ways of speaking etc. Some devs writing is good, but everyone has the same mannerisms as the dev. Ocean's clearly though about what motivates each character and how they react to the situations. Some things they'll be indifferent to, other things become a big deal; so the differences in behaviour from some of the girls if you kiss Bella sets them up to be jealous, whereas before you were a nobody. Not knowing what the outcome will be of any decision for several chapters makes me think I should act how I think it most authentic to me.

Having said that, because different characters are distinct, everyone has different pieces of the puzzle. Depending on what path you are on you find out different parts of the back story. I'm wondering if there will be a path for Melanie, and how that will affect things with the current circle of friends Nika's developing. It's not that I want to watch the world burn, I'm just curious to find out all the angles of the story, especially as Ocean loves hiding clues in odd places.

Primarily though, I'll be a responsible Nika, because actions have consequences. :sneaky:
I theorized a way back that there are maybe two type of avn players (there are way more types but just for this perspective). Maybe thats a reason why SG is this polarizing (plus no lewds yet of course).

For some people - like me - character and relationship development is the (or one of the) most important part(s) of an AVN. I dont mind the "Mainstory/plot" being slow and "dragging" if the characters are great and interact in a fun way with each other, if it feels "real" and belieavable.

If thats the case, the avn has won me over already and i dont mind the plot barely progressing, it kinda just means more time for character interactions. Its a unqiue case where i like "filler", i hate it in close to any other medium.

In a way in these avns the main-plot is used to enrich the relationship developments.

Than theres the second group, these people need a "comapct" story and plot progression to really enjoy it, character interactions and development feels wasted to them if it doesnt progress the story.

And relationship development is more like a flavor to the mainstory to make it more enjoyable.

Something like City of broken dreamers is right along their alley. The Plot is progressing all the time and everything is related to it, the LIs are (imo) not that much fleshed out and more "along for the ride" instead of being the center of attention.

And while CobD is of course a good avn, its barely enjoyable to me, in this case it feels kinda meaningless to me. Why bother with looking for 10 days (in the avn) or something like that into this guys life and barely get to know anyone before
the story is already over.

But to guys who like these type of avns it probably feels like theres barely anything happening in SG.

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024

So true. Zara and Nika’s relationship started with them as enemies. The humiliation from losing the basketball game in such fashion and being exposed publicly only pushed their rivalry further. Nika put the seed of doubt in her mind, “how can such a lowlife best me? No one bests me!”
Zara’s whole life revolves around her need for approval as seen in her flashback, it’s her childhood trauma. Nika didn’t give her any approval at first which used to make her mad. Now that he has her attention and respect she’s CRAVING that approval by being playful, almost flirty and lovey-dovey. She submitted to him in a way. It’s sad really, it mirrors the pain she suffered when she was a child trying to be worthy in someone else’s eyes. She wants HIM more than anyone else to recognize her as worthy now.
My hope is as Nika we’ll be able to show her that she doesn’t need to be #1 all the time and that she’s worthy and lovable as she is.

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
By the way, I still think that Zara will become the fourth person in the new house. There was a small hint of this when the dev showed renders in a blender, there was Zara in a completely unfamiliar kitchen.
I like this theory, however Zara has no reason to move out, she enjoys her lavish lifestyle too much. I see two decent reasons though: either moving away from Vanessa (she can be draining) or trying to get closer to Nika since she’s smitten. Or both.
It’s most likely that Vanessa was simply visiting Nika and the girls in the renders.
The fourth person is Vic anyway, iirc.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: yossa999

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I was never butthurt about the abolition of the dark path but I always thought that MC was at least interesting. The asshole, detached, inappropriate, emo and edgy MC that everyone complained about at the beggining was at the very least incredibly interesting to play as. Whereas the current one is just kinda boring, sad and pathetic. Like an ugly puppy that was abandoned and kicked around too much.
Unfortunately i never played the old version, so i can´t know if Nika was extremely dark, but reading you guys i can tell he was enough dark. I would like to know how exactly was Nika, but i´m lazy about playing the old version and now is difficult to me look to the old version renders, but if Nika was extremely dark like for example this game where you can rape and fuck dead bodies (i don´t remember the name) i´m not interested, i need something consistent and "original".

This Nika is a little pathetic? I don´t know, i think he is like that because he is depressed and has a trauma, i suppose that is a very importnat influence for him (i can´t be sure, i have never lived an experience like that so i can´t know exactly what behaviour have people with Nika´s problems) but i think Nika isn´t weak or boring, i mean, his responds are creepy enough, and he has always a serious expression even when he is joking so you can´t be sure if he is joking or no at 100% :LOL: ,i don´t remember almost nothing but i remember Nika knows how to defend himself and even knows how to be the "alpha" in the place, using his intelligence, manipulation skills or whatever he uses.

Anyway this was in the previous update for 5.0 Beta (i didn´t play 5.0 Beta), maybe now his behaviour has change and maybe his behaviour will change in 5.0 full but for now i don´t think Nika is a 100% weak guy.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Unfortunately i never played the old version, so i can´t know if Nika was extremely dark, but reading you guys i can tell he was enough dark. I would like to know how exactly was Nika, but i´m lazy about playing the old version and now is difficult to me look to the old version renders, but if Nika was extremely dark like for example this game where you can rape and fuck dead bodies (i don´t remember the name) i´m not interested, i need something consistent and "original".

This Nika is a little pathetic? I don´t know, i think he is like that because he is depressed and has a trauma, i suppose that is a very importnat influence for him (i can´t be sure, i have never lived an experience like that so i can´t know exactly what behaviour have people with Nika´s problems) but i think Nika isn´t weak or boring, i mean, his responds are creepy enough, and he has always a serious expression even when he is joking so you can´t be sure if he is joking or no at 100% :LOL: ,i don´t remember almost nothing but i remember Nika knows how to defend himself and even knows how to be the "alpha" in the place, using his intelligence, manipulation skills or whatever he uses.

Anyway this was in the previous update for 5.0 Beta (i didn´t play 5.0 Beta), maybe now his behaviour has change and maybe his behaviour will change in 5.0 full but for now i don´t think Nika is a 100% weak guy.
In the old SG he was not called Nika, that alone adds up to 10000 points of darkness.:)

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
If we consider that Victory is disabled to a certain degree for a unknown time and she requires help to take care for some personal tasks, then it will be very unlikely for her to move into a apartment with only three *strangers* that could help her if necessary.
Mila and Vic have gotten pretty close in their short time at ZPR, they’re always hanging together.
The sloopover is foreshadowing that it’s gonna be the four of them too imo but it could be Robin I guess.
We can exclude all the girls except Victoria, Robin (her time to shine possibly, but she isn’t nearly as close to the other 3 as Victoria, also Robin doesn’t even know while Vic does) and Zara in this order of most to least likely.
Edit: The fourth girl is gonna be Robin, thanks to Alexanderson037500aa for pointing it out

It was bad Don, trust me, and not only cause Nika was different.
The game wasn’t polished like nowadays, renders and lighting sucked in many instances.
Most annoyingly, there were many blank text boxes requiring multiple clicks, something like this.
Nika wasn’t like the guy from the game you mention as he never mentions raping people.
However he would think about cutting Victoria’s wrists to put her out of her misery and you could choose to shoot the teacher, Miss Marla after the accident. The gun had blanks however so we couldn’t kill her.
It wasn’t depression dark like it is now, it was psycho murder dark. The vibe was all off really

Last edited:

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
I like this theory, however Zara has no reason to move out, she enjoys her lavish lifestyle too much. I see two decent reasons though: either moving away from Vanessa (she can be draining) or trying to get closer to Nika since she’s smitten. Or both.
It’s most likely that Vanessa was simply visiting Nika and the girls in the renders.
The fourth person is Vic anyway, iirc.
Victoria seems a very strange option. Maya should look after her at home. Without Maya it will be very difficult for her.
I think fourth one is Robin :whistle:
Yes, after Zara, this is the most possible option, as for me.

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes