Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
even though I wouldn't in your place

Nothing worth seeing honestly
Speak for yourself buddy.

Let them play, see for themselves and then they can give their own opinion on it.

Just because you feel that way, doesn't mean they will feel the same way. Potentially making them avoid something they'd enjoy/love just because it's something you don't find worth seeing/playing. You aren't thinking about that though.

I will need to play the old version someday, that´s for sure... But later
Why not just now? just play the older version first, then the reworked version. You'll see how the MC went from "fuck off, idgaf, type of vibe to a "I'm a pussy, I follow the pussy, I get told what to do, forced into doing things (just cause? can't say no, leave me alone, fuck off) he's like a pussy whipped bitch, minus the "getting pussy" part.

Reactions: Don Sucio

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
I know it wasnt her idea to do the prank but it was her idea to use Nami they didn't tell her to use Nami to lure the MC just to get him alone. That's why I dont think I would be able to trust her fully since if she crossed a line on a harmless prank, makes me wonder if it was something more serious how far would she go. Maybe she could win back my trust over time but until then dont think I can forgive her even if she feels bad and is actually a sweet girl. I dont like Zara either cause of the prank but I dislike Robin more for the way she executed it. Zara I can forgive easier since she was just was wanting to fuck with us even if it was still messed up. Only one from the prank I can forgive atm is Nadia because with her weird thing with banana's I feel like a real piece of shit if I'm not nice to her.

Again probably should forgive her but she just rubbed me the wrong way I admit my lack of trust for her is irrational but it is what it is.
When it comes to the prank, I too feel like not trusting Robin in the future. I forgave her, but will not forget it.
I had no problems forgiving Nadja since when confronted she clearly had no knowledge that the MC was lured with his sister and also disliked how Robin had pulled the MC in. Zara too was not all that difficult to forgive, she just wanted to mess with the MC, but with Robin it was harder. As said, how she did it makes me trust her near impossible and I theorise that this episode also gave a hint how these 3 girls are personalitywise.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
I know it wasnt her idea to do the prank but it was her idea to use Nami they didn't tell her to use Nami to lure the MC just to get him alone. That's why I dont think I would be able to trust her fully since if she crossed a line on a harmless prank, makes me wonder if it was something more serious how far would she go. Maybe she could win back my trust over time but until then dont think I can forgive her even if she feels bad and is actually a sweet girl. I dont like Zara either cause of the prank but I dislike Robin more for the way she executed it. Zara I can forgive easier since she was just was wanting to fuck with us even if it was still messed up. Only one from the prank I can forgive atm is Nadia because with her weird thing with banana's I feel like a real piece of shit if I'm not nice to her.

Again probably should forgive her but she just rubbed me the wrong way I admit my lack of trust for her is irrational but it is what it is.
Robin is a bit... shady or better said a wildcard.
I don't mind to much that she used Namis name to get to the MC, the end justifies the means after all, but there is another scene in which she stands in front of a mirror next to Sasha drying her hair and says something along the line "I don't like lying" and it is implied it meant lying to the MC. And that really got me thinking there is more going on.
So either Robin is a henchman for all girls who need someone to make her hands dirty for them or she is just easily manipulated and used by Sasha, Zara/Nadja and maybe others.
Something's strange here, because it also seems like many girls have aversion of different degrees against the MC.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I don't mind to much that she used Namis name to get to the MC, the end justifies the means after all, but there is another scene in which she stands in front of a mirror next to Sasha drying her hair and says something along the line "I don't like lying" and it is implied it meant lying to the MC. And that really got me thinking there is more going on.
So either Robin is a henchman for all girls who need someone to make her hands dirty for them or she is just easily manipulated and used by Sasha, Zara/Nadja and maybe others.
Something's strange here, because it also seems like many girls have aversion of different degrees against the MC.
yeah I got that feeling too where she is easily manipulated since it did seem like she didn't want to be involved in the prank or whatever. Tho using Nami did cross a line for me sure it got the job done but it is also something that shows me I cant trust her, but also the feeling I have that she is easily manipulated along with her crossing the line confirms that I need to keep her at arms length. Which is why I will probably only forgive her on a Zara and a Robin save unless she does something that changes my mind later.

The Krogan Dude

Sep 26, 2023
I don't mind to much that she used Namis name to get to the MC, the end justifies the means after all, but there is another
Like who ? Eva ? :unsure:

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
yeah I got that feeling too where she is easily manipulated since it did seem like she didn't want to be involved in the prank or whatever. Tho using Nami did cross a line for me sure it got the job done but it is also something that shows me I cant trust her, but also the feeling I have that she is easily manipulated along with her crossing the line confirms that I need to keep her at arms length. Which is why I will probably only forgive her on a Zara and a Robin save unless she does something that changes my mind later.
The problem is that Robin did not use Nami directly. She did not harm her in any way. And she sincerely apologized in the fifth part, she was not forced. Whereas Nadia and Zara physically abused Nika. Zara actually put her foot in his mouth. And in unlike Robin, forgiveness for Nadya and Zara is literally forced upon us, just like future events with Zara. And the player doesn’t even have the opportunity to do the same with them. The best thing is when the player chooses what he likes. I have nothing against Bella’s races, these events will be interesting to watch, but some kind of surfing with Zara... somehow doesn’t interest me.

Reactions: Harathorne

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Out of reactions, yeah I agree about Robin being manipulated, and easily manipulated. Her deference to Sasha is obvious. What if Sasha was the person who told her to target Nami? Would that make Robin more or less culpable? We've seen that Robin has her own issues when she freaks out and Sasha calms her down. I see Robin as someone who can't say no to people, or stand up for herself. Zara and Nadia used her, Nika can decide to, and Sasha uses her multiple times. I think it's also important to remember that it's Sasha who implies maybe Nika did desrve what happened - that implies Sasha had a hand in what went down.

I think people put too much stock in what Robin did - How many days have Nika and Nami had to make friends? Bella maliciously attempts to turn the who uni against Nami as a prank. Sasha gets Robin to use Nami's well being to bypass Nika's spidey senses. Using a close person is not cool at all, but they also don't know Nika's mental health issues. Who has he told by that point? Does Zara, Nadia, Robing or Sasha know Nika has mental health issues?

We see the story from Nika's perspective. To them, he's currently (based on what we know anyway) just some new guy. The way Kate and the twins gossip with the other girls in the toilet, we kinda forget that Nika is just someone studying at their uni, nothing to make him stand out other than fighting Sai. No one has any idea what Nami means to him, other than they look like a cute couple.

Sep 23, 2021
(y)Damn RL.
Yeah, exactly this. The only question is whether it is possible that the fourth roommate will be different in different branches. This scene will only happen if you go to the gym with Mila, right? Different fourth roommate on different routes would be great, but probably too difficult to implement.
Although I was told that Robin asked to move in with them somewhere else besides this scene, but I don’t remember that.
All we know is that only one house remains. screenshot0001.png

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Coding decisions into variables, is way better than the borderline stupid way of addition and subtraction from relation points to follow a path for a LI.
I don't disagree with decision coding being more beneficial than points. That still doesn't explain why he would deliberately try to hide them. It just makes things harder for people. You don't have to look at the variables if you want to be in suspense. Trying to disguise them just seems petty for those wanting to use a walkthrough.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Like who ? Eva ? :unsure:
Sasha for example is very reserved with the MC and also she seems to manipulate Robin doing stuff that is either working against the MC or she just tries to figure him out due to how he reacts.
Eva seems just like a firecracker, she is not very subtle or manipulative - quite the opposite.

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
The problem is that Robin did not use Nami directly. She did not harm her in any way. And she sincerely apologized in the fifth part, she was not forced. Whereas Nadia and Zara physically abused Nika. Zara actually put her foot in his mouth.
i have to replay that scene again, but I am very sure that in my personal canon playthrough Zara did not put her foot in the MC´s mouth! Might be a variation due to the decisions done before, but I do not remember seeing that. I do not like foot fetish stuff at all, so it would have stuck with me.

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Digging through code isn't what any dev intends a player to do. Making blind choices is how games are intended to be played, and walkthrough mods are provided because some players hate uncertainty. I am certain that you make more consequential choices on a daily basis intuitively, because real life has no walkthrough.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But maybe that's me, and maybe all the variable just offer flavours of dialogue. We don't know what the variables might trigger in season 5. If the game is interesting enough, you play it without worrying about the time, if not, rage quitting is a thing.
Is understanding how to get a romance going with a certain character something that a dev intends? If I'm making a save for each girl, I'd like to know which choices are relevant without having to trial and error my way through it. My time is more valuable than that and a WT is simply a convenience. Nothing that you're saying justifies why the dev would make it deliberately more difficult to, optionally, streamline their playthrough. Dev's shouldn't get to decide how a player plays their game.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Is understanding how to get a romance going with a certain character something that a dev intends? If I'm making a save for each girl, I'd like to know which choices are relevant without having to trial and error my way through it. My time is more valuable than that and a WT is simply a convenience. Nothing that you're saying justifies why the dev would make it deliberately more difficult to, optionally, streamline their playthrough. Dev's shouldn't get to decide how a player plays their game.
Actually, yes, understanding how to romance a LI through trial and error is probably what most devs intend, otherwise they'd simply scrap choices altogether. In most AVN's these are almost the only choices you CAN make. It is also up to the dev how you play the game, they are completely responsible for the playability of it and the logic of their product.

The convenience aspect would be like a player demanding that a soulslike should have one hit kills for the bosses, or a godlike debug mode as standard. Either you play to the dev's logic for their game if it's enjoyable or you don't. The dev doesn't have to make the code compliant for any player. If the dev decides on a walkthrough, you're in luck, if they want to keep things hidden, it's completely their choice.

I'm sure you can depend on the AVN community to provide walkthroughs at some point, but my opinion is the dev can make their decisions based on how they want people to engage the story they came up with - I see that as the default position, and any provided walkthroughs as a bonus. Especially during development, where tags in the code could reveal major plot points that aren't yet present in the game.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Why not just now? just play the older version first, then the reworked version. You'll see how the MC went from "fuck off, idgaf, type of vibe to a "I'm a pussy, I follow the pussy, I get told what to do, forced into doing things (just cause? can't say no, leave me alone, fuck off) he's like a pussy whipped bitch, minus the "getting pussy" part.
Could be a good aproach to the season 1, but i prefer to play first the rework, i don´t remember much about what happens in SG, just the depression of Mc for the dissapearance of Summer. I have forgotten many characters, interactions and second dramas, so if i play the old version i won´t be so surprised with the season 1 because i will be fresh (speaking about the plot and characters, of course the renders in season 1 will be better).

But i will play it sometime for sure, i want to know how was the Mc by myself. Even if i know thanks to people here how he was.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Could be a good aproach to the season 1, but i prefer to play first the rework, i don´t remember much about what happens in SG, just the depression of Mc for the dissapearance of Summer. I have forgotten many characters, interactions and second dramas, so if i play the old version i won´t be so surprised with the season 1 because i will be fresh (speaking about the plot and characters, of course the renders in season 1 will be better).

But i will play it sometime for sure, i want to know how was the Mc by myself. Even if i know thanks to people here how he was.
I kinda want to keep the original versions of chapters 3-4.5 to replay eventually, just for the music that was lost!

Reactions: LHDLLB

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I kinda want to keep the original versions of chapters 3-4.5 to replay eventually, just for the music that was lost!
Yeah... Good choice, i will keep that version too if my computer memory allow it... I need to delete some games and stuff i don´t use.

Reactions: John972

John972

Apr 24, 2018
A VN in which (word)choices and consequences define who wants to have sex with the MC, which just makes it realistic enough that it feels like not every women in there just stumbled and fell on MCs dick via accident?
One of the things I like about this game. An MC, being either a Massive DIK or a Massive CHICK in the SG world, will not have the same success as the one who acts according to the situation, is considerate of other characters, and does not hesitate to use common sense.

Let's take the Zara storyline.
First he teases and annoys her, and then publicly humiliates her. However, he attracts her interest. Now he is not just one of these pathetic weaklings, like Trey, but an arrogant and cocky boor who needs to be put in his place. Then he allows her to take revenge and feel like a winner for a while.

Further, when they meet at Nick's house, through manipulation, teasing and small concessions, he achieves that they become almost friends. And having achieved this, he then constantly maintains a balance, on the one hand, not allowing Zara's dominant nature to take over and spoil their growing friendship, and on the other hand, not going too far and showing that he cares about her and respects her.

It is not surprising that at the end of the fifth chapter she jumps with joy around him when she finds out that he will live in their house for some time. Was it just because of the opportunity to train together? Fuck if I'll buy it. No, that too, it's like a topping in a breadroll, but she's genuinely glad to be in his company and spend time with him.

Would he have achieved such an attitude from her on a purely dark path? I don’t think so, she would still feel insulted and humiliated and would try in every possible way to fight him. But she wouldn’t have accepted a slime from a purely light path either, she would probably have bullied him, if only because she doesn’t respect weaklings.

MC sets boundaries early on, has no qualms about being an asshole when it's needed, but rewards Zara for respecting boundaries and allowing her to play within those boundaries.

This is something that many other games do poorly: they are too straightforward. If they allow the MC to be evil or good, then he is either a complete moron and a sociopath, or he is so sweet, caring and helpful that most girls would puke from such a slime. But female game characters doesn't notice that. Cardboard cunts.
Yes, to all of the above.

One of the valuable aspects (for me) of the game's story is the characters actually being different: they have clear likes and dislikes, they have mannerisms, different ways of speaking etc. Some devs writing is good, but everyone has the same mannerisms as the dev. Ocean's clearly though about what motivates each character and how they react to the situations. Some things they'll be indifferent to, other things become a big deal; so the differences in behaviour from some of the girls if you kiss Bella sets them up to be jealous, whereas before you were a nobody. Not knowing what the outcome will be of any decision for several chapters makes me think I should act how I think it most authentic to me.

Having said that, because different characters are distinct, everyone has different pieces of the puzzle. Depending on what path you are on you find out different parts of the back story. I'm wondering if there will be a path for Melanie, and how that will affect things with the current circle of friends Nika's developing. It's not that I want to watch the world burn, I'm just curious to find out all the angles of the story, especially as Ocean loves hiding clues in odd places.

Primarily though, I'll be a responsible Nika, because actions have consequences. :sneaky:
The reason for trying the "Asshole MC" playthrough - and it was a skipped playthrough - was to test Ocean's insistence that the MC's attitude and behavior toward others will have consequences, affect his relationships, and affect the information he learns.

So far, Bella, Nami, and possibly Mila are the only LIs where the MC's behavior toward them seems to cut off future romance by the end of Ch 5 Beta. By bad behavior, I mean being snarly or closeted with them all the time and rejecting any advances (NOTE - any consequences of the MC agreeing to dates while acting like an asshole won't be known until Season 2 and beyond).

With characters like Zara, Nadia, Nia, Sasha, and Sonya, it's just too early to say.

Victoria is the wildcard. She has a VERY high tolerance to the MC being indifferent and rejecting her advances.

Last edited:

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
The reason for trying the "Asshole MC" playthrough - and it was a skipped playthrough - was to test Ocean's insistence that the MC's attitude and behavior toward others will have consequences, affect his relationships, and affect the information he learns.

So far, Bella, Nami, and possibly Mila are the only LIs where the MC's behavior toward them seems to cut off future romance by the end of Ch 5 Beta. By bad behavior, I mean being snarly or closeted with them all the time and rejecting any advances (NOTE - any consequences of the MC agreeing to dates while acting like an asshole won't be known until Season 2 and beyond).

With characters like Zara, Nadia, Nia, Sasha, and Sonya, it's just too early to say.

Victoria is the wildcard. She has a VERY high tolerance to the MC being indifferent and rejecting her advances.

I´m one of those guys that want to have at least one path being an asshole. I like the creepy Nika so i´m going to exploit this behaviour, but of course being "normal", i´m not going to be a total asshole in all the situations, just in some situations where i find it would be the normal answer from Nika.

I still thinking the most inmersive aproach is to be a creepy guy in the whole first season, with exceptions , for example when Bella open her heart to you it would be normal to be more sensitive.

And after the therapy with Amber then start to be more open with people and start the recuperation of a healthy behaviour step by step. I don´t see realistic try to be super good guy in the first episode, but this is just how i see things, play how you guys want of course :LOL:

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes