corewen

Mar 28, 2018
I notice there is no Harem tag, how the Hell am I supposed to not go after everyone? I mean I like Bella as Best Girl, but there are so many lovelies!!

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I notice there is no Harem tag, how the Hell am I supposed to not go after everyone? I mean I like Bella as Best Girl, but there are so many lovelies!!
Ocean dislikes harem styles, so there won't be a harem. If you go full Nika=manwhore chasing every skirt, there is a chance all the girls will dislike him as untrustworthy. Each path also reveals plot elements that aren't available on other paths, as each girl has a different knowledge of events, so you have to play wisely.

My advice, decide who feels like the most authentic choice for you and play that path. Then make a new save and follow another path. Walkthroughts won't help 100% because Ocean tries to disguise the variables so people are forced to make choices.

That's just the logic of the game.

Also, for the throuple paths, we don't know when they'll be implemented, or what choices are important to make them available. But we do know they will be difficult to manage and the LI's will get jealous.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Also, for the throuple paths, we don't know when they'll be implemented, or what choices are important to make them available. But we do know they will be difficult to manage and the LI's will get jealous.
Still cant believe Bella and Nami is gonna be a throuple from what I read from someone. That will be a fun one and probably the hardest to manage lol.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Still cant believe Bella and Nami is gonna be a throuple from what I read from someone. That will be a fun one and probably the hardest to manage lol.
I think that's the point - Ocean will give people what they think they want but it'll be hard and a headache. I also think people forget that a throuple isn't just a main with two LI's. It's an equal triangle. I wonder how many people will be happy with Nami initiating things with Bella on a throuple path - if the throuple paths are to have value, they'll have to be true sharing, or they're just a limited harem logic. I can actually imagine Nami and Bella ganging up on Nika regularly, as they both have the potential to nag a lot (unlike say Nia or Vic).

I prefer the realism of it being hard to juggle two people with intimacy. Heck, it's hard enough to juggle one person with everything else in life :HideThePain:

If Ocean ever DID make a harem, it'd be in a souls-like permadeath mode, and there'd probably be the danger of being Bobbited.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
What are you talking about? :unsure:
Didn't Ocean mention a new intro cinematic that he was going to do if he had time before he uploaded the build to steam? He's probably added it by now if he did something he was happy with.

And, I guess we won't know until it's available on Steam.

Reactions: John972

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Didn't Ocean mention a new intro cinematic that he was going to do if he had time before he uploaded the build to steam? He's probably added it by now if he did something he was happy with.

To be honest, I have no clue. And I'm way to lazy to dig through the past dev logs to find out. And to be even more honest, I could not care less :BootyTime:

Reactions: Sleepy666

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
To be honest, I have no clue. And I'm way to lazy to dig through the past dev logs to find out. And to be even more honest, I could not care less :BootyTime:
Personally, I'm happy for surprises at this point. Best surprise is steam saying "Oh yeah, we approved it, oh yeah." That's make my eyes get a little animated :)

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Make a save/playthrough for each one, like most simps do. You only mentioned Bella so, have her for your first playthrough.

You'll know if you want to play the game again a bunch of times just to get everyone else. Well, for the MC to get everyone while you just watch him bone all your lovelies.

Ocean dislikes harem styles, so there won't be a harem. If you go full Nika=manwhore chasing every skirt, there is a chance all the girls will dislike him as untrustworthy.

Each path also reveals plot elements that aren't available on other paths, as each girl has a different knowledge of events, so you have to play wisely.

You seem to know everything about Ocean, even answering for him. A loyal dog. Of course he dislikes Harems (for his own game but how about ones he plays?) He wouldn't want you to get every LI or so in one playthrough, he wants you to replay the game multiple times (to up that game time)

If he didn't, he wouldn't have given each path plot elements. Fuck them all. If they will find the MC untrustworthy/unfaithful, then I might do that. I'll "go" after every LI just to see what happens. Will they ignore/avoid me? or what.

I don't think this game has random game overs so, I'd be curious to see how the game would play out if every character hates/dislikes me. Maybe the MC can finish the game solo, doubt Ocean made an ending for that though.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Make a save/playthrough for each one, like most simps do. You only mentioned Bella so, have her for your first playthrough.

You'll know if you want to play the game again a bunch of times just to get everyone else. Well, for the MC to get everyone while you just watch him bone all your lovelies.

You seem to know everything about Ocean, even answering for him. A loyal dog. Of course he dislikes Harems (for his own game but how about ones he plays?) He wouldn't want you to get every LI or so in one playthrough, he wants you to replay the game multiple times (to up that game time)

If he didn't, he wouldn't have given each path plot elements. Fuck them all. If they will find the MC untrustworthy/unfaithful, then I might do that. I'll "go" after every LI just to see what happens. Will they ignore/avoid me? or what.

I don't think this game has random game overs so, I'd be curious to see how the game would play out if every character hates/dislikes me. Maybe the MC can finish the game solo, doubt Ocean made an ending for that though.
Maybe I am a loyal dog, maybe not. I won't send you photographic evidence either way. If someone asks a question, and I have time, why not try to answer?

Ocean hasn't made a solo ending, He'd have to make the first ending, or in fact reach any ending in his development yet. :sneaky:

From what I read when Ocean was on this forum, he did say that there is a path for screwing around. I think the implication is you can go for sowing discord in the bookclub, setting up rivalries stuff like that. Probably not the dark path that was initially being worked on, but something less saccharine than Vic's path, most certainly. I do plan on trying a run like that, it's a bit pre-emptive to really do much more than follow the story driven paths because the other paths have no real choices to make right now, and there's no way to guess what all the options will do.

Edit: Hey yossa999 don't be sad, I'm going to be patient for all the variables, so many adventures to choose :)

Last edited:

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020

Yes, he mentioned that a LONG time ago because of the music license issues, that he would redo the intro cinematic with Blender.
Then he said that if it didn't finish in time for the Steam build, that he would push it as an update after (if I recall correctly).
No news after that, so it might be worth messaging him in the Discord for.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Having the intelligence and wherewithal to actually search threads for answers doesn't make anyone a "loyal dog". Here, read the words from the developer himself:

https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-ch-3-full-oceanlab.19856/post-4973096

You can play the game and be an arsehole to everyone (that includes rejecting LIs). Guess what? You come away with nothing ('none of this fantasy "every LI (and their mothers) just wants to fuck me" bollocks).

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes