Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Walkthroughts won't help 100% because Ocean tries to disguise the variables so people are forced to make choices.
I don't want to overstate the matter, but that sounds a lot like the dev actively trying to waste the player's time. I play a lot of games on this site and, on some of them, I have multiple saves. I know I will have multiple saves for this game too. What possible benefit would there be from trying to deliberately obfuscate variables? I would be unhappy if I picked something that seemed right, only for me to have to restart my run. Walkthroughs are optional. I like using them for games with multiple saves so that I don't waste my time. Actively working to counter that seems shitty.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Didn't Ocean mention a new intro cinematic that he was going to do if he had time before he uploaded the build to steam? He's probably added it by now if he did something he was happy with.

And, I guess we won't know until it's available on Steam.

Hello,
I'm currently sitting at almost 1500 renders. I thought I could've skipped most of the Mila renders in Chapter 3.5 but well... No.
So I did most of them. I didn't touch the renders in the changing room nor did I touch the ones during the basketball game.
The rework, especially this last part now has been draining me mentally like crazy. That's why I will leave the changing room renders etc. like they are.
I need to move on from the rework for my sanity.
Chapter 2 & Chapter 3 is done and there are only some CH3x5 Mila renders in the queue.
As soon as I can ship the game to Steam to get it completely approved and stuff, I will make a log where I'll note down everything I've changed.
I took yesterday off, not just from developing but from screens in general. That's why this bibi log came out today.
I did put WIAB on a 2-3 week hold to finish up SG Season 1.
I talked about a irl friend in the past who wanted to do my postwork... Well, he's traveling through South America now, and so all the postwork goes to me.
I've already started the postwork & continued to work on the new intro, too.
If the new intro doesn't finish before I'm done with everything, I'm going to release without it. I would then upload it as soon as it's done.

I learned to handle these release weeks quite well in the past. They lasted usually for about a month (Before the reworks parts), but these "Release weeks" have been going on since September.
And it's taking its toll on me.
It's my fault. I should've never given an estimate. And there won't be any more estimates in the future.
Anyway, another ~ 1500 renders for Season 1.

Now it's mostly just postwork & continuing the translation.
  • Ocean

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
What is unclear in my question? [...]
Well my friend. To be honest, all...

[...] For the stupid, i ask again if there are new scenes with animation?
The stupid one can't deny the fact that you are now talking about two completely different things.

At first, let's take a look at your question:

If the new animation is in the new update?
As we all can see, you are talking about "the new animation" and use "if".
New animation, singular.
The "If" is completely out of place and gives the senseless question even more "less sense"...

Your complete question is now borderline bullshit.

And your insulting explanation is about "new scenes"
Now we have new scenes, plural.

What do you expect from us?
Should we read your thoughts to interpret the meaning of your unclear question?
Or should we dice out what you could possibly want to know?

BobTheDuck assumes even, that you could talk about the intro animation - what also is wrong, if we consider your great explanation.
Well shit, the next one who can't read your mind, shame on us ...

Last edited:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
[...] What possible benefit would there be from trying to deliberately obfuscate variables? [...]
Coding decisions into variables, is way better than the borderline stupid way of addition and subtraction from relation points to follow a path for a LI.
Many devs do this nowadays - with increasing numbers, and from their saying it is easier to code.
Like to branch a path in the late game with one/some certain condition(s) from the early/mid game.
Many players have complained in the past that decisions don't matter, that is only the case if the code is done like in the past with simple +/- points, and that way of code a game will for sure soon extinct.

[...] I would be unhappy if I picked something that seemed right, only for me to have to restart my run. [...]
Well, this is only my opinion, but that's exactly the fun of it. Go for a certain decision and deal with the consequences, and should shit hits the fan there's always the possibility of the URM mod. :p

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I don't want to overstate the matter, but that sounds a lot like the dev actively trying to waste the player's time. I play a lot of games on this site and, on some of them, I have multiple saves. I know I will have multiple saves for this game too. What possible benefit would there be from trying to deliberately obfuscate variables? I would be unhappy if I picked something that seemed right, only for me to have to restart my run. Walkthroughs are optional. I like using them for games with multiple saves so that I don't waste my time. Actively working to counter that seems shitty.
Digging through code isn't what any dev intends a player to do. Making blind choices is how games are intended to be played, and walkthrough mods are provided because some players hate uncertainty. I am certain that you make more consequential choices on a daily basis intuitively, because real life has no walkthrough.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But maybe that's me, and maybe all the variable just offer flavours of dialogue. We don't know what the variables might trigger in season 5. If the game is interesting enough, you play it without worrying about the time, if not, rage quitting is a thing.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Digging through code isn't what any dev intends a player to do. Making blind choices is how games are intended to be played, and walkthrough mods are provided because some players hate uncertainty. I am certain that you make more consequential choices on a daily basis intuitively, because real life has no walkthrough.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But maybe that's me, and maybe all the variable just offer flavours of dialogue. We don't know what the variables might trigger in season 5. If the game is interesting enough, you play it without worrying about the time, if not, rage quitting is a thing.
I would like to add two things to the consideration:
Handling decision with unique variables makes coding when they are used a bit of a nightmare, given the amount of variables that can determine something, and more in a game like this where the amount of LI is already a nightmare in itself.
And secondly, many times the variables are set to make the player nervous, or to anticipate what could happen... I remember two right now MHY (they still don't agree if it's horny or hate you, and it's taken several chapters to make any sense) and jealuosy in BaDIK, which still has no real consequences but it's there and can be used at any time...

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Another ignore list material
You likely know this particular Kemal Ataturk from the recent past as lolashola, who just a few days ago shed his skin and got himself a shiny new look to keep fooling you reading his brainfarts and waste your time and nerves answering him, in case you haven't added him or his former identity to your ignore list yet.

Last edited:

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
I do plan on trying a run like that, it's a bit pre-emptive to really do much more than follow the story driven paths because the other paths have no real choices to make right now, and there's no way to guess what all the options will do.

Edit: Hey yossa999 don't be sad, I'm going to be patient for all the variables, so many adventures to choose :)
A sad pathetic fuck is what the MC will become on that path of being an ignorant asshole. :(
Please, don't do this, there are special games for that shit :)

Vic would probably still be the only one his friend (or at least someone who cares about him regardeless anything.) This is how I understand the "semi-dark" path in the current version.

As far as I understand, originally it was assumed that MC would be a dark psycho edgelord without a consciense or regrets on the dark path, he would dominate all these weaklings and will make them his pet toys and slaves.

I think this is why there is still butthurt about the abolition of the dark path.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
A sad pathetic fuck is what the MC will become on that path of being an ignorant asshole. :(

Vic would probably still be the only one his friend (or at least someone who cares about him regardeless anything.) This is how I understand the "semi-dark" path in the current version.

As far as I understand, originally it was assumed that MC would be a dark psycho edgelord without a consciense or regrets on the dark path, he would dominate all these weaklings and will make them his pet toys and slaves.

I think this is why there is still butthurt about the abolition of the dark path.
Oh, I will do it just to see how coach hill, Anna etc get involved. You probably don't have to be an asshole to anyone, just be promiscuious. Like alt the locker scene appears if you don't kiss Bella. I'm not interested in doing it for the roleplay of it, just curious to see all of the story Ocean's written at some point. It's not going to be high on my list of playthroughs though.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
You likely know this particular Kemal Ataturk from the recent past as lolashola, who just a few days ago shed his skin and got himself a shiny new look to keep fooling you reading his brainfarts and waste your time and nerves answering him, in case you haven't added him or his former identity to your ignore list yet.
Wow, that moron has even deleted all his posts in this thread. Only a couple of quotes are still there.
My message was crap, looks like the quote system is not able to find a post if the name from the poster has changed.

Anyway, nice catch mate!

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018

Oh, I will do it just to see how coach hill, Anna etc get involved. You probably don't have to be an asshole to anyone, just be promiscuious. Like alt the locker scene appears if you don't kiss Bella. I'm not interested in doing it for the roleplay of it, just curious to see all of the story Ocean's written at some point. It's not going to be high on my list of playthroughs though.
With Ch 4.5, I did try an "Asshole MC" playthrough, just for shits & giggles. That involved simply rejecting and being rude to everyone. Obviously, the game was rather uneventful, i.e. NPCs reacted to the MC's behaviour appropriately

I did notice at the time that acting like a dick too often toward any LI seemed to pretty much kill options with them later in the playthrough. Some options, scenes, and dialogues that appear on a normal playthrough, seemed to disappear on an "Asshole MC" playthrough.

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes