HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I love this game but I HATE how that last scene with a crying Nami made me feel, if that isn't "good enough" I don't know what is in a story driven game........

You are doing an amazing job Ocean!

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Well I don't know what are your standards and what you are planning to do with them, but Chapter 3 was fantastic! Absolutely amazing. The only thing that could be improved is the music aspect and I know it is because you still have to buy music for it.

Really 11/10.

Not sure if that matters but I thought it was worth to mention if you believed you were being "not good enough".
I have like 35-40 songs saved that will be used in the future.
But the licenses go from 100€ to 4000€. I will buy them piece by piece but it will take some time till I can afford them all.

And many songs are also reserved for future cinematics, I cannot use them in-game until the cinematic played.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I have like 35-40 songs saved that will be used in the future.
But the licenses go from 100€ to 4000€. I will buy them piece by piece but it will take some time till I can afford them all.

And many songs are also reserved for future cinematics, I cannot use them in-game until the cinematic played.
4000€... who wrote it? Frank Sinatra?

I only mentioned it as it an aspect that really affects me. Music sets the mood on the scene as almost no other thing does.

But seriously, no need to explain anything. It was already mentioned the reason. Maybe looking into some copyright free songs? 4000€ seems just to much.

Last edited:

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
4000€... who wrote it? Frank Sinatra?

I only mentioned it as it an aspect that really affects me. Music creates the mood on the scene as almost no other thing does.

But seriously, no need to explain anything. It was already mentioned the reason. Maybe looking into some copyright free songs? 4000€ seems just to much.
It is music that you would find in Hollywood movies.
I contacted quite a few labels to get an idea of the pricing.

To me, music is pretty much the 2nd most important part of the game and that is the reason SG is lacking it. I have listened to thousands of songs (Copyright free and not) in 2019-2020.

I was left with 35-45 useable songs and PTSD from listening to so much bad music.
And I'd rather pick no music over some "maybe good enough" music.

4000€ is a lot but that's exactly what support is for. Elevating the game further and further to the point where people say "Wait? That's an AVN?"

That's also the reason I am going to switch to Blender. When the time comes and I have my hands on these high-end licenses, I want to be able to produce a cinematic worthy of it.

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
It is music that you would find in Hollywood movies.
I contacted quite a few labels to get an idea of the pricing.

To me, music is pretty much the 2nd most important part of the game and that is the reason SG is lacking it. I have listened to thousands of songs (Copyright free and not) in 2019-2020.

I was left with 35-45 useable songs and PTSD from listening to so much bad music.
And I'd rather pick no music over some "maybe good enough" music.

4000€ is a lot but that's exactly what support is for. Elevating the game further and further to the point where people say "Wait? That's an AVN?"

That's also the reason I am going to switch to Blender. When the time comes and I have my hands on these high-end licenses, I want to be able to produce a cinematic worthy of it.
Wait? That's an AVN???:oops:
but seriously, the efforts you put in are really Breathtaking (y)
1611947605343.png

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
I started developing the update in late June, after Where it all began 0.6 released. So it took around 5 months to create this update.
But during this time I was also desperately trying to get Blender to work for the WiAB rework. A lot of time and energy was put into that.

Besides that, Chapter 3 took a huge toll on my mental health because it felt like I was going nowhere. I think that happens when you do 1850 still renders and 10000 animation renders.
You finish 100 renders and you just know that is not even a small part of it.

The quality also took a hit thanks to the time pressure. I couldn't spend as much time as I wanted to on a render because there was always this nagging feeling.

Meanwhile, you are under fire from every direction because it takes so long. Then you start to overthink, "What if the update is not good enough after all this time?"

Also one of the reasons why I said to not get hyped about Chapter 3. We are only leaving the introduction and many people might expect too much from such an early chapter.

And another burden that was gladly lifted off my shoulders was the financial aspect. Here in Germany, we have the highest energy prices in the world, and boy, did I get a juicy letter early this month. I think I don't need to mention the tax rates here in Germany and the now increasing costs of health insurance thanks to Covid.

If Chapter 3 would not have given me much support, I would have needed a part-time job which would have fucked the development cycle a lot.
I am just glad this isn't a problem right now.

But now that the games have their own PC and the Chapters are cut in half, we are going to have much more frequent updates.

If it was about the money, then the games would have a harem + Loli tag.

I gain nothing from dragging the development out. I have five games planned in this universe and I would love to finish SG and WiAB as fast as I can so that I can start working on the next game. (Without rushing them of course.)

Still, glad you like the game. :)
This is your design game and you do whatever you want to do with the game. Dont let those crybabies get in your mind because they dont pay the rent to live in your mind. You be you. I love this game and it be nice to keep the juice flowing to have desire what will happen each chapters. Good job with first 3 chapters.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Maybe it's just me but is anyone else getting
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
vibe?
Honestly, I cannot picture that happening given what we know from Nami. I can be wrong, but to answer your question, I don't get that vibe at all.

Yeah a better chance of Bella being the girl with a big fat cock in her pants than that being the case.
Agreed but I didn't need that image of my queen in my head!

Reactions: Penfold Mole

pyrofox1313

Mar 2, 2019
Honestly, I cannot picture that happening given what we know from Nami. I can be wrong, but to answer your question, I don't get that vibe at all.

Maybe I've just played Acting Lessons too many times. I do get some serious jealousy vibes from Nami both when MC was with Summer and when MC is with Bella if you go down that route.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019

Don't simp, problem solved.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I started developing the update in late June, after Where it all began 0.6 released. So it took around 5 months to create this update.
But during this time I was also desperately trying to get Blender to work for the WiAB rework. A lot of time and energy was put into that.

Besides that, Chapter 3 took a huge toll on my mental health because it felt like I was going nowhere. I think that happens when you do 1850 still renders and 10000 animation renders.
You finish 100 renders and you just know that is not even a small part of it.

The quality also took a hit thanks to the time pressure. I couldn't spend as much time as I wanted to on a render because there was always this nagging feeling.

Meanwhile, you are under fire from every direction because it takes so long. Then you start to overthink, "What if the update is not good enough after all this time?"

Also one of the reasons why I said to not get hyped about Chapter 3. We are only leaving the introduction and many people might expect too much from such an early chapter.

And another burden that was gladly lifted off my shoulders was the financial aspect. Here in Germany, we have the highest energy prices in the world, and boy, did I get a juicy letter early this month. I think I don't need to mention the tax rates here in Germany and the now increasing costs of health insurance thanks to Covid.

If Chapter 3 would not have given me much support, I would have needed a part-time job which would have fucked the development cycle a lot.
I am just glad this isn't a problem right now.

But now that the games have their own PC and the Chapters are cut in half, we are going to have much more frequent updates.

If it was about the money, then the games would have a harem + Loli tag.

I gain nothing from dragging the development out. I have five games planned in this universe and I would love to finish SG and WiAB as fast as I can so that I can start working on the next game. (Without rushing them of course.)

Still, glad you like the game. :)
Man, if all devs were like you...Ch 3 was breathtaking, really. Everything in SG is not staple, it is unique in every aspect which is very rare in this genre. Visuals, story and characters.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Maybe I've just played Acting Lessons too many times. I do get some serious jealousy vibes from Nami both when MC was with Summer and when MC is with Bella if you go down that route.
I feel like this would be too easy of an out for the dev. I mean if we're guessing who killed summer and are correct after 3 episodes into what seems like a very long game I doubt it holds any clout. This game seems way too twisted to just offer up Nami immediately.

Hell, it even said she disappeared. Which means she could even possibly be alive. I doubt it but we'll just have to wait and see.

dani54

Feb 15, 2018
While this game has one of the most natural MC character in all Adult VN, the story is nice, character development is decent but its soo slow and i am afraid like many ambitious game this game is going to get abandoned or will take years to complete (if dev goes with this pace). I don't mind slow burn VN but Dev needs to release bigger updates in order to cover all the girls and stories, if he doesn't than the duration between updates for each character while kill the game for me.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes