Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Bold of you to assume that they would only remove music liscenses. They literally just removed a line about a fuck machine, like REALLY? There's no telling what else they will remove.
Music licenses are the one and only reason for some kind of "censoring".
If we want to use this word, I personally would not call it so.
Ocean wanted to avoid Adult Only rating on SG at all costs and didn't give steam any chances to screw him up, otherwise Artlist would have screwed him - money <10k$ + music gone - and a DMCA strike would hit instantly on steam.

Steam Version and Patreon version will be the same:

1715379993643.png

WIAB will not have this limitations, because the WIAB had from the beginning on explicit content and has from the get go Adult Only rating.

I can't say anything bout the changed dialogs because I haven't played the game till now, and if there are some changed dialogs then who cares?
If the are not cut out without any replacement then I'm fine with it, If the replacement makes sense or is funny or both - even better.

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
Ocean wanted to avoid Adult Only rating on SG at all costs and didn't give steam any chances to screw him up, otherwise Artlist would have screwed him - money <10k$ + music gone - and a DMCA strike would hit instantly on steam.

View attachment 3622986
Yeah game is dead for me. What a fucking shame. I really hope this will notaffect his other game a all But I nhighly doubt it.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Oh yeah? then please explain all the dialogue changes. We are waiting with baited breath.
well if there was any dialogue changes im unaware of any. I was going by what was said in devlogs and post by other users on the subject when it comes to the lewds being self censored. But I assume any dialogue changes are primary do to music licenses or because he wanted a certain rating for certain countries and well he isn't going to try for that rating in S2. So I dont see why he would self censor himself again. Unless he gets more music which requires a license that makes it necessary but I swore I read somewhere someone said he going to not use music that requires a license in S2 but that could change if true.

All im saying if he does do it again it will be on him not Steam unless they change a policy. But from things ive read it doesn't look like he will for S2.

Reactions: tslojr

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017

View attachment 3622986

WIAB will not have this limitations, because the WIAB had from the beginning on explicit content and has from the get go Adult Only rating.

I can't say anything bout the changed dialogs because I haven't played the game till now, and if there are some changed dialogs then who cares?
If the are not cut out without any replacement then I'm fine with it, If the replacement makes sense or is funny or both - even better.
The self-censored bigots at Steam still got the last laugh though! Visited Steam and looked for "Summer´s gone"? They still made it unavailable in Germany and several other countries! This evening I wanted to buy it to support Ocean, teethgrindingly since I knew it was neutered, but surprise, SG is "unavailable in my country". " :FacePalm:

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
The self-censored bigots at Steam still got the last laugh though! Visited Steam and looked for "Summer´s gone"? They still made it unavailable in Germany and several other countries! This evening I wanted to buy it to support Ocean, teethgrindingly since I knew it was neutered, but surprise, SG is "unavailable in my country". " :FacePalm:
use a VPN.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Reee reeees avoid my post. Just dropping this for myself.

I'm on your ass Ocean, No diddy:BootyTime:. I'm gonna see through this whole "He will deliver season 2 faster, reee";). There shouldn't be nothing now that will make you rework or any other bullshit to slowdown the story. Move the story ffs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

#HOPE_SG_SEASON2

• Hey there
  • Haha
Reactions: Ray_D and MixQQ

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
The self-censored bigots at Steam still got the last laugh though! Visited Steam and looked for "Summer´s gone"? They still made it unavailable in Germany and several other countries! This evening I wanted to buy it to support Ocean, teethgrindingly since I knew it was neutered, but surprise, SG is "unavailable in my country". "Haha"
Same for me, because Steam had forced Ocean to check in "Frequent Nudity", steam is doing now steam things, this was completely out of Oceans control.
And exactly this behaviour was the reason why Ocean wanted to give steam as less targets as possible.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Sanchez, the mod-maker, started tracking the changes down and posted results on pages previous, before giving up on it. He will still make the mod, but from my understand the update pretty much killed his love for the VN.
ah I see I kind glance over most of the mod creators post I see since I dont use any of their mods for any game. but thanks fr the info

Reactions: tslojr

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
C'mon Pax! :ROFLMAO:
You know I adore your cheerful and positive posts. And I know you're gonna carry Ocean's water (no pun intended:LOL:) no matter what. But you know damn well I was speaking in general. I even made sure to say "these games" and not "SG". Most games/devs don't give a crap about music/sound. So people usually learn to just mute or disable it because when it's there it's usually crap.

You're being extra disingenuous by not only trying to imply that I don't like his music/don't find it beneficial or impactful and mentioning only what his supporters want. Wasn't the whole goal of the Steam release to find new customers??

My stance is simple. As good as SG's music is, it's not at all worth censoring hundreds of renders over it. You are free to disagree but please don't twist my arguments.
RNasc4444,

There's no intent to twist your words.

Here is your post:

Yes! Which doesn't really make it better. Prioritizing music over lewd renders in an AVN is fucking wild. Especially considering the overwhelming majority of people playing these games disable the music from the get-go.

I commented on what is said explicitly in that post versus guessing about what was not included in that post or attempting to comment on some greater body of posts here and elsewhere in this thread.

I understand and accept that there are different opinions about the music, the need for the rework, the decision to take the time to make a Steam release.

In this, I'm happy to carry Ocean's water, to be a $ supporter, to buy the AVN on Steam and to gift it to friends on Steam who have no interest in visiting F95 - not their thing.

The music Does matter to me, and it is one of the things I talk about with the friends who I gifted Summers Gone to.

I see it as a selling point for SG and something that separates it from many other good AVNs.

I find it hard to play an AVN that has no music or sound effects once I play an AVN like Summers Gone - it is just Too quiet - and the lack of sound immersion is even more evident.

So - while we agree on a number of things - I can accept that we disagree about the importance and value of the music in SG (at least enough to justify removing the renders Ocean did to maintain those music licenses).

Cheers!! :coffee:

WolverineCTX

Nov 5, 2023
use a VPN.
Clearly you don't know and use Steam!
Changing to a different Country via VPN doesn't change your Steam Setting of your location... hence - it doesn't matter if you change to Siberia if you could and then pass the "local" Country restrictions... if you set up Steam that you're from Germany... it doesn't matter what Country you might log in from... you need to also change your setting in Steam and that's, I think, restricted to once every 3 Month... and you could just to that in Steam, no need for any VPN - LOL

Reactions: rolfcopter

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
Same for me, because Steam had forced Ocean to check in "Frequent Nudity", steam is doing now steam things, this was completely out of Oceans control.
And exactly this behaviour was the reason why Ocean wanted to give steam as less targets as possible.
let me get this straight. steam saw that SG was an AVN and asked ocean to check for something that most if not all AVN has?

• Haha
Reactions: Ozygator

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Changing to a different Country via VPN doesn't change your Steam Setting of your location... hence - it doesn't matter if you change to Siberia if you could and then pass the "local" Country restrictions... if you set up Steam that you're from Germany... it doesn't matter what Country you might log in from... you need to also change your setting in Steam and that's, I think, restricted to once every 3 Month... and you could just to that in Steam, no need for any VPN - LOL
A friend of mine has created a new Steam account for his fake location of Turkey just to buy games much cheaper.

Reactions: WolverineCTX

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
That's new. Well then the Germans got screwed, now they're forced to come here until Ocean fixes that issue. :KEK:

Reactions: WolverineCTX
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes