Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
Personally I don't mind a Story-driven AVN that is sparse on sex as long as there is some and it is well done. I know Summer's Gone is one of the legends here, I've seen it in many sig files, but have not played it yet. Thus, my question about Chapter 5. Personally I find an OP that has multiple versions of a game to be a bit confusing and off-putting. It would almost seem like a new version of an AVN where much of the content has been removed should be under it's own OP and "marketed" as a different game rather than sandwiched in with the original. Maybe F95Zone has a rule against this, I don't know, but it certainly would have cut down on the controversy from people coming here for the latest download of a game they have grown to love and admire only to find a Reader's Digest version with all the pictures removed.

Just my $.02. Maviarab need not respond unless he just feels the need to post another inarticulate string of emojis.

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
*sighs*...

It was done so as not to be an 18+ game to generate more sales and 'attention'. Why is that so fucking hard to comprehend?

Season 2, like WIAB, will be rated 18+
This is piss poor logic because guess what, all those pre-18 year olds who spent money on the first version of the game still aren't 18, so ANOTHER sanitized version of the game will be released.

Once censorship starts it doesn't end, and a dev or writer who 'remolds' their game to conform to what they think will be 'accepted' by society will be forever chasing moving goalposts.

I was looking forward to this one, but now it's not worth the time when the dev is constantly removing content that was already in there because someone might get their 1mm thin skin bruised or their jimmies rustled.

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Honestly I do not care much about this game except Bella. But what i care about is His other game and i fear he will try the same shit there especially when Patreon nuked his patreon for whatever reason.

And yes call me whiny. I also whne about any sort fo Censorship like Stellar Blade. No matter how stupid it is.

He wanted a 16 rating bascially making deadpool a PG 13 movie.
Yep, we can expect WiaB to get neutered as well if all he's doing it trying to make it "non-adult" on Steam. Funny, there are games, like "Leap of Faith" that did NOT censor themselves and still sold 20k copies in 2-3 months which provided plenty of money to the dev.

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
This is piss poor logic because guess what, all those pre-18 year olds who spent money on the first version of the game still aren't 18, so ANOTHER sanitized version of the game will be released.

Once censorship starts it doesn't end, and a dev or writer who 'remolds' their game to conform to what they think will be 'accepted' by society will be forever chasing moving goalposts.

I was looking forward to this one, but now it's not worth the time when the dev is constantly removing content that was already in there because someone might get their 1mm thin skin bruised or their jimmies rustled.
they gatta have that "great" music, they cant play an adult VISUAL novel without that "great" music.

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
Well, I tried playing the steam version...

he probably forgot to put in all chapter 1 & 2 cinemagrahics...
the gun part is removed but maja still talks about the deaththreat, although roomie and landlady are annoying, the heavy censoring is so disappointing, that I stopped and had to play the BETA version again to get it out of my system.

If he only continues publishing steam censored versions, I recon he'll lose a lot of patreons and surely a lot of players.
So it is not only the nudity it is eany form of violence or bad bad guns? This is ridiculous. I think this is the first game i will give a negative review...

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
So it is not only the nudity it is eany form of violence or bad bad guns? This is ridiculous. I think this is the first game i will give a negative review...
Be careful with that, especially with the latest review revisions. People will report reviews based on changes and they do actually get removed for some reason.

• Wow
Reactions: Metal Panic

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Yep, we can expect WiaB to get neutered as well if all he's doing it trying to make it "non-adult" on Steam. Funny, there are games, like "Leap of Faith" that did NOT censor themselves and still sold 20k copies in 2-3 months which provided plenty of money to the dev.
WIAB will be "Adult Only" from the beginning. There are no music licenses used that could make problems.

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
If I look at the BETA version, I'm one of those white knights too.
truly love(d) SG & Wiab.
however, the steam version is so disappointing, that he has stepped a few steps down on the ladder....
Before this update, based on the last WiaB and the Beta release of this one I'd have been there with you. Hell this game made such a positive impression I asked people to help figure out what it was, based on the memories I still had of the original, which I last played I think a year and a half and about 20-30 other AVN's ago.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
We agree on some things but...

Where are you getting your stats for the overwhelming majority of people playing Summers Gone disable their music?

I get that you disagree with Ocean's reasoning for censoring some of his images to preserve music licenses, but SG has Great music.

IMO - yes - My opinion - Ocean's music helps to make SG a Great AVN.

You can certainly speak for yourself here, but I Know you don't speak for the overwhelming majority of people playing Summers Gone.

I can say that I have Rarely seen any of Ocean's Paying supporters complain about his music and if we are willing to support Ocean's music choices with our $ (anyone who truly disagreed would stop supporting with $, right?), why wouldn't he take that into account when deciding to create a Steam rev of SG?

Just saying...

Cheers!! :coffee:
C'mon Pax! :ROFLMAO:
You know I adore your cheerful and positive posts. And I know you're gonna carry Ocean's water (no pun intended:LOL:) no matter what. But you know damn well I was speaking in general. I even made sure to say "these games" and not "SG". Most games/devs don't give a crap about music/sound. So people usually learn to just mute or disable it because when it's there it's usually crap.

You're being extra disingenuous by not only trying to imply that I don't like his music/don't find it beneficial or impactful and mentioning only what his supporters want. Wasn't the whole goal of the Steam release to find new customers??

My stance is simple. As good as SG's music is, it's not at all worth censoring hundreds of renders over it. You are free to disagree but please don't twist my arguments.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes