Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
So it is not only the nudity it is eany form of violence or bad bad guns? This is ridiculous. I think this is the first game i will give a negative review...
Be careful with that, especially with the latest review revisions. People will report reviews based on changes and they do actually get removed for some reason.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Yep, we can expect WiaB to get neutered as well if all he's doing it trying to make it "non-adult" on Steam. Funny, there are games, like "Leap of Faith" that did NOT censor themselves and still sold 20k copies in 2-3 months which provided plenty of money to the dev.
WIAB will be "Adult Only" from the beginning. There are no music licenses used that could make problems.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
If I look at the BETA version, I'm one of those white knights too.
truly love(d) SG & Wiab.
however, the steam version is so disappointing, that he has stepped a few steps down on the ladder....
Before this update, based on the last WiaB and the Beta release of this one I'd have been there with you. Hell this game made such a positive impression I asked people to help figure out what it was, based on the memories I still had of the original, which I last played I think a year and a half and about 20-30 other AVN's ago.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
We agree on some things but...

Where are you getting your stats for the overwhelming majority of people playing Summers Gone disable their music?

I get that you disagree with Ocean's reasoning for censoring some of his images to preserve music licenses, but SG has Great music.

IMO - yes - My opinion - Ocean's music helps to make SG a Great AVN.

You can certainly speak for yourself here, but I Know you don't speak for the overwhelming majority of people playing Summers Gone.

I can say that I have Rarely seen any of Ocean's Paying supporters complain about his music and if we are willing to support Ocean's music choices with our $ (anyone who truly disagreed would stop supporting with $, right?), why wouldn't he take that into account when deciding to create a Steam rev of SG?

Just saying...

Cheers!! :coffee:
C'mon Pax! :ROFLMAO:
You know I adore your cheerful and positive posts. And I know you're gonna carry Ocean's water (no pun intended:LOL:) no matter what. But you know damn well I was speaking in general. I even made sure to say "these games" and not "SG". Most games/devs don't give a crap about music/sound. So people usually learn to just mute or disable it because when it's there it's usually crap.

You're being extra disingenuous by not only trying to imply that I don't like his music/don't find it beneficial or impactful and mentioning only what his supporters want. Wasn't the whole goal of the Steam release to find new customers??

My stance is simple. As good as SG's music is, it's not at all worth censoring hundreds of renders over it. You are free to disagree but please don't twist my arguments.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Ok..I've lost count....has someone been keeping count for me...I can't keep up guys :ROFLMAO:
I think it was 278 last I saw a number :)

Yes but who's to say season 2 won't be like the neutered steam version and less like season 1? Mark my words if this is the route they are going to take this game will end as a visual novel and not an adult visual novel.
expect it was said before Season 2 will have lewd scenes and S1 was only self censored because he was trying to sell it in countries that have harder restrictions on these games. But since S2 is going to have lewds Ocean won't even try. It had nothing to do with steam. Now if steam changes some of their polices by time S2 is done then maybe there could be another censored version.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
This is piss poor logic because guess what, all those pre-18 year olds who spent money on the first version of the game still aren't 18, so ANOTHER sanitized version of the game will be released.

Once censorship starts it doesn't end, and a dev or writer who 'remolds' their game to conform to what they think will be 'accepted' by society will be forever chasing moving goalposts.

I was looking forward to this one, but now it's not worth the time when the dev is constantly removing content that was already in there because someone might get their 1mm thin skin bruised or their jimmies rustled.
Agreed, especially about start/end of censorhips!

Well, i for one can't wait for when he starts getting burned by the very people he's trying to kiss up to cause he's "not doing enough!" or "he could've done more!" or something else like that. Cyberpunk tried kissing up to them with same results and others have tried also, nobody succeded in doing enough. What they dont realize is that these people will never accept anything anyone does because they built their entire identities around being "victims" and being "misunderstood". If they ever got what they claim they want then they would lose the basis of their existence. Hence why they either keep demanding more or are just constantly changing their demands.

Ocean is just the next sucker arrogant enough to convince himself that HE will be different, that he will succeed where others failed.

Wanna know what's funny? They don't even care about SG in the first place. They won't buy it, they won't play it, for them it's just another fortress to conquer and evict it's former owners. And Ocean is gonna go out in flames like the thousands of other fools before him. And when he goes down it will be glorious.

Just too bad he took such an amazing story with him into the abyss of censorship and pleasing the unpleasable.

eva is the skinny girl he calls beanpole
Yes, she was an annoying character, she took us to Bella's place with her car
Ah, the ever-angry bitch. Got it, thanks! What did he do to make her so angry? Just called her beanpole?

LastOne24/7

Dec 29, 2020
Saves have always been problematical with this game. After the latest rework, I assume that past saves will no longer work.....

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes