Karcosa

Apr 26, 2023
Hey guys, what should i play for the full content atm? this last update or the link of the Ch5 beta? and btw, this last update needs patch? ty :)

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
use a VPN.
For a neutered game? Are you nuts, chummer? :)

Same for me, because Steam had forced Ocean to check in "Frequent Nudity", steam is doing now steam things, this was completely out of Oceans control.
And exactly this behaviour was the reason why Ocean wanted to give steam as less targets as possible.
That went splendidly, don´t you agree?:sneaky: Seriously so, I am fed up with SG because Ocean might have done his best, but this is a bad joke. I have it on wishlist for quite a time(how long it now will stay there we´ll see), but cannot get it. I know that is on the idiots at Steam, but still it does impact my desire to play it.

Reactions: Ass~God

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
let me get this straight. steam saw that SG was an AVN and asked ocean to check for something that most if not all AVN has?
Well, to be honest, I have no fucking clue.

I can only talk about the facts Ocean has published officially on his discord - and to a certain degree that was told to me via DM's on discord.

What we know is, that Ocean wanted the 16+ Rating.
Ocean has checked the checkbox for "Frequent Nudity" with Rare.
Just because the game client contains roughly 15k renders and 1.3% of it are nude or partially nude.

Moronic Steam decided that 1.3% is way to much to be categorised are "Rare" and forced Ocean to change it to "Often"

Till now the game could be accessible from Germany without jumping through loops.

But it looks like that the complete geo-blocking shit is not tied to the 16+ or Adult Only Rating but to "Frequent Nudity Often"

And at this point SG was of the table for my fellow Germans, but the game has received the 16+ rating.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Turret

Nocode

Apr 27, 2023
Well, I tried playing the steam version...

he probably forgot to put in all chapter 1 & 2 cinemagraphics...
the gun part is removed but maja still talks about the deaththreat, although roomie and landlady are annoying, the heavy censoring is so disappointing, that I stopped and had to play the BETA version again to get it out of my system.

If he only continues publishing steam censored versions, I recon he'll lose a lot of patreons and surely a lot of players.
Same problem. I unpacked Chapter2_images and find the files are there but are been called by wrong name. For example, missing file Z565 is as ae1565.jpg .
If you don't have anything better to do u can start renaming one by one. Have fun.

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
Well, to be honest, I have no fucking clue.

I can only talk about the facts Ocean has published officially on his discord - and to a certain degree that was told to me via DM's on discord.

What we know is, that Ocean wanted the 16+ Rating.
Ocean has checked the checkbox for "Frequent Nudity" with Rare.
Just because the game client contains roughly 15k renders and 1.3% of it are nude or partially nude.

Moronic Steam decided that 1.3% is way to much to be categorised are "Rare" and forced Ocean to change it to "Often"

Till now the game could be accessible from Germany without jumping through loops.

But it looks like that the complete geo-blocking shit is not tied to the 16+ or Adult Only Rating but to "Frequent Nudity Often"

And at this point SG was of the table for my fellow Germans, but the game has received the 16+ rating.
i bet steam looked at SG and saw that it looked like all other AVNs on their store and told him to put "often"

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm enjoying my full playthrough of Summers Gone Season 1.

It's early in the full season 1 rev but I've found that the dialogue has been improved and flows much better now.

I'm reminded how we actually have adult role models - Nojiko and Nick - who genuinely act like parents versus creepy landlords.

This scene with Noji and Nika on the porch in the early morning hours, all to: Beza - Watching From The Stars is just so good!

screenshot0001.png

screenshot0003.png

screenshot0004.png

IMO - these kinds of scenes are worth the loss of a few nudes so that the music can remain.

This is part of what makes Summers Gone special to me.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
Will the steam sales make up for the inevitable crash in patreon support knowing this game is gonna be sanitized to hell? If its a hit on steam sure, but generally does it make up the difference? I see a lot of devs do this and just lose their fandom or create negative word of mouth. Just doesn't seem worth it if you want a dedicated following.

Reactions: operamini
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes