allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
You know when you haven't played Summer's Gone in a reaaallly long time when you realize you've missed 3 updates. Wow. I am super behind on most of these VNs.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
But it looks like that the complete geo-blocking shit is not tied to the 16+ or Adult Only Rating but to "Frequent Nudity Often"
That this string of swearwords geo-blocking has to be tied to some idiotic subpoint was clear to me for quite a time, since there are a couple of fully adult erotic games still available via German Steam. Those games have most often developer-made patches for the nude stuff, but the texts are rarely cleaned up. I have e.g. a japanese VN with great artwork (even before the patch) and the storiy does not hold back at all.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Will the steam sales make up for the inevitable crash in patreon support knowing this game is gonna be sanitized to hell? If its a hit on steam sure, but generally does it make up the difference? I see a lot of devs do this and just lose their fandom or create negative word of mouth. Just doesn't seem worth it if you want a dedicated following.
I think you underestimate the steam market for this kind of stuff.

Just take a look at the steam stats from Being a Dik:

1715382475417.png

1715382511863.png

Even the shitty games from Super Writer have accumulated over 500.000$

If you have the time search the database for well known games from here and you can see that - a successful - steam release will easy overshadow patreon support multiple times ...

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Once upon a time this game was good now its just a borefest, the story is going literally nowhere and the dev keeps introducing pointless new characters every update when already established characters are no where to be seen. Its becoming obvious that he is milking this game with a bunch of filler content at this point, the story has lost its direction and I think ocean is aware of that.
The main mistake here is you're thinking about "story" in traditional form of plot growth. This game is more character/MC focused instead so the story will seem like it goes nowhere to you, but in reality, the story is the MC which (unfortunately to you) includes meeting a bunch of characters as his social circle expands.

The reason why I'm ok with this is because these characters are introduced logically (ex: meeting basketball people because he's trying for the basketball team, meeting mom's boyfriend family, etc) while still involving the established characters. Not all of them at once, but for example the book club introduced a bunch of new MILF characters but also allowed character relationship growth with Sasha. So it's not like these characters are really "nowhere to be seen" as you claimed. And because there are so many established characters, only Bella and Nami would appear regularly (and most likely Mila too once they've lived together) while the others will have to take turns. It's just the nature of the game when there are so many characters to begin with.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
What I am surprised by in regards to this censorship is that incest is still in the game. Does Steam look the other way or is Nami romance the next to be axed?

Cause IIRC Germany has VERY dim view of brother/sister love, to the point they send the brother to prison (considering the stories of RL cases I've read about).

PS: why don't Germans like that simply go a few km away and move to Holland? Last I checked, sibling marriages were legal there...

Reactions: maroek

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
What I am surprised by in regards to this censorship is that incest is still in the game. Does Steam look the other way or is Nami romance the next to be axed?

Cause IIRC Germany has VERY dim view of brother/sister love, to the point they send the brother to prison (considering the stories of RL cases I've read about).
Incest is allowed on steam, believe it or not..

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
summer's gone. it seems that some Germans can't download the game from steam due to restrictions in their country.
No, that is actually wrong! It is not a restriction in Germany at work, but Steam went the cheap and shoddy way of age verification. And to not have a hassle they unilateraly blocked several nations form "adult" stuff, since it was cheaper for them than to install an age verification that is not the joke it is now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ray_D

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
No, that is actually wrong! It is not a restriction in Germany at work, but Steam went the cheap and shoddy way of age verification. And to not have a hassle they unilateraly blocked several nations form "adult" stuff, since it was cheaper for them than to install an age verification that is not the joke it is now.
Wow man that situation sucks. :HideThePain:

Reactions: Turret

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
summer's gone. it seems that some Germans can't download the game from steam due to restrictions in their country.
The gog.com page is visible for me, even without a VPN, samae is for the Epic page.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes