The Islander

May 1, 2024
You need something better to do on your free time (if you really just check the thread for only once a year or so and not daily)

Why does it matter to you if the game gets fully completed or not? do you like/play the game? or are you that pathetic and only want to wait 24 years to see the game not get completed to then what? laugh at everyone? man, what a life goal you got there buddy.
He needs to let the people who like SG know that it sucks cause his opinion is important, like every hater of this game.
On the bright side, things have improved in this thread since the release and the number of complainers is vastly reduced. But there’s still somebody who feels compelled to ask a stupid question on the daily or make a worthless personal comment about the game. Those comments will soon be few and far between.

The Islander

May 1, 2024
I think I'm gonna start my own list with these <10 comment accounts praising SG :ROFLMAO:
I think I'm gonna start my own list with useless comment accounts ;)
This thread has been non-stop negativity since the release with hundreds of annoying, dumb comments. Only the past few days things have gotten better, cause people have been telling the haters they were wrong.
As long as those comments pop up you'll see another comment that praises the game like mine, whether they're from <10 comment accounts or not. Deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I think I'm gonna start my own list with useless comment accounts ;)
I get that you got ticked off by my comment. It's ok. I merely used your comment to make a point. Had you been less of a self righteous prick I would have let it slide. Suck it up buttercup.

This thread has been non-stop negativity since the release with hundreds of annoying, dumb comments. Only the past few days things have gotten better, cause people have been telling the haters they were wrong.
That is called feedback. Make good product = get good feedback. Make less good product = get less good feedback. Get it? No one has been telling "haters" anything. Opinions are subjective. And this is a public forum for discussion. All opinions in good faith are valid and should be respected whether they coincide with yours or not.

As long as those comments pop up you'll see another comment that praises the game like mine, whether they're from <10 comment accounts or not. Deal with it.
Good! That's how it should be. And I have been "dealing with it" for years buddy. Not days ;)

The Islander

May 1, 2024
I merely used your comment to make a point. Had you been less of a self righteous prick I would have let it slide.
Your comment was anything but innocent, so you’re gonna get the same treatment back, my dude.
That is called feedback. Make good product = get good feedback. Make less good product = get less good feedback. Get it? No one has been telling "haters" anything. Opinions are subjective. And this is a public forum for discussion. All opinions in good faith are valid and should be respected whether they coincide with yours or not.
That’s hardly feedback. All the haters did was say the game sucks cause there’s no sex and a couple tits were removed (the horror!), the protagonist sucks cause he’s a “sad emo” with a serial killer vibe (not anymore), the story sucks cause it’s heading nowhere. They crowded the thread with their nonsense instead or bringing good arguments to the table and got rightfully shunned time and time again. There were only a few decent, civil comments among those who expressed dislike for the game. People can do it, but they should back up their own words.
That’s the whole point, they were nothing but opinions..

Last edited:

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
OK, since the infamous patch was nowhere near getting updated for the final Season 1 release (and I have a feeling somehow it won't be released by the same source as before, given the Patreon politics), I've tasked myself with creating it. Well, updating it for the final release...
Here's the i-patch for the current Steam release. Should work fine with the Patreon build as well since they're identical.
The patch is compatible with Steam achievements.

I took the exact same approach as with previous versions of the patch, just unzip the attached and drop the "patchSG.rpy" file into the "game" directory of your SG folder. Don't change the filename!
Upon first launch the game will recreate the compiled "patchSG.rpyc" companion file.

Dialog changes come from the previous patch released for Chapter 5 beta, slightly amended when necessary to fit the updated Season 1 original dialogs. I did fix a few lines (just basic mistypes) from the Season 1 release as well.
But there's more. As you know a lot of further censoring went into the Season 1 release. Ocean cut a few risky renders, toned down some of the dialogue. And while he removed many of the assets cut from the game, a very small number of them were left in. So I've reenabled them with this patch and also restored some of the more spicy dialog (when it made sense, while keeping it balanced).
But please note : this is NOT an "uncensor" mod! The restored shots are part of larger scenes and are just additional shots. They wouldn't change your perception of the scene. It just felt like unnecessary edits on Ocean's part. I've attached a couple of them to this post. There are more drastic cuts which will be addressed with a full "uncensor" mod with i-patch, to be released by myself as well in the next couple of days, once testing is completed.

Tested this patch on a brand new Steam download of the game, on MacOS. Should work fine with Windows/Linux as well. I've tested several paths and did a few saves and loads with no issues. Your previous saves might not work with it though.
Please report if you find issues with it...

My thanks to scrappy for releasing an update of his Walkthrough/cheat mod which inspired me to revisit the patch.

Would appreciate if a mod could update the 1st post with this patch...

//last edit May 24th: incorporates latest bug fixes and proofreading from Season 1, with additional proofreading and bug fixes.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
OK, since the infamous patch was nowhere near getting updated for the final Season 1 release (and I have a feeling somehow it won't be released by the same source as before, given the Patreon politics), I've tasked myself with creating it. Well, updating it for the final release...
Here's the i-patch for the current Steam release. Should work fine with the Patreon build as well since they're identical.

I took the exact same approach as with previous versions of the patch, just unzip the attached and drop the "patchSG.rpy" file into the "game" directory of your SG folder. Don't change the filename!
Upon first launch the game will recreate the compiled "patchSG.rpyc" companion file.

Dialog changes come from the previous patch released for Chapter 5 beta, slightly amended when necessary to fit the updated Season 1 original dialogs. I did fix a few lines (just basic mistypes) from the Season 1 release as well.
But there's more. As you know a lot of further censoring went into the Season 1 release. Ocean cut a few risky renders, toned down some of the dialogue. And while he removed many of the assets cut from the game, a very small number of them were left in. So I've reenabled them with this patch and also restored some of the more spicy dialog (when it made sense, while keeping it balanced).
But please note : this is NOT an "uncensor" mod! The restored shots are part of larger scenes and are just additional shots. They wouldn't change your perception of the scene. It just felt like unnecessary edits on Ocean's part. I've attached a couple of them to this post. There are more drastic cuts which will be addressed with a full "uncensor" mod with i-patch, to be released by myself as well in the next couple of days, once testing is completed.

Tested this patch on a brand new Steam download of the game, on MacOS. Should work fine with Windows/Linux as well. I've tested several paths and did a few saves and loads with no issues. Your previous saves might not work with it though.

My thanks to scrappy for releasing an update of his Walkthrough/cheat mod which inspired me to revisit the patch.

Thank you!! More than just the relationships and scenes, even common dialogue is changed.. so freaking annoying.

For example, the way Bella refers to the Barbershop with Emilio makes fun of her. Uncensored version used what today is considered more aggressive word, but really makes sense for her personality.

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
Thank you!! More than just the relationships and scenes, even common dialogue is changed.. so freaking annoying.

For example, the way Bella refers to the Barbershop with Emilio makes fun of her. Uncensored version used what today is considered more aggressive word, but really makes sense for her personality.
I hope I didn't mislead you, the dialog in my patch is still very much that of the Season 1 Steam release. I did change a few lines there and there but overall I'd say that 95% is still the same...in the scene you're referring to, I didn't revert the dialog back. I felt like the final release is what Ocean intended in the end so didn't want to change it too much.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I hope I didn't mislead you, the dialog in my patch is still very much that of the Season 1 Steam release. I did change a few lines there and there but overall I'd say that 95% is still the same...in the scene you're referring to, I didn't revert the dialog back.
Ohh oh well...

Thank you very much for your hard work!

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022

WOW thank you very much. I will wai for the uncenored one. You are doing a great job XD

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I followed the whole thing. You made your fair share of comments blasting the haters and poking fun at them, more than anybody… What’s different now?
As I am probably someone who gets accused of as being one of Ocean's dickriders fairly regularly simply because I enjoy this game, I can say the difference is your zealousness. Just like, Nami, lower your stance a little. Maybe a little bit more. Posters like RNasc4444 and I disagree often but we've learned to respect each others opinions. There is no canon opinion, and no points awarded for zealotry. Maviarab (despite what trolls think) is pretty even minded about the whole thing - people who waste time with one liners are likely to get a one line response.

Discussion flows because of difference of opinion and we have to allow for people to have difference.

I draw the line at people with low grade arguments though. If someone is inarticulate in their response (I don't mean spelling or language barriers, but just unfounded critique based on disproven criteria) they're not adding to the discussion.

Your comment was anything but innocent, so you’re gonna get the same treatment back, my dude.

That’s hardly feedback. All the haters did was say the game sucks cause there’s no sex and a couple tits were removed (the horror!), the protagonist sucks cause he’s a “sad emo” with a serial killer vibe (not anymore), the story sucks cause it’s heading nowhere. They crowded the thread with their nonsense instead or bringing good arguments to the table and got rightfully shunned time and time again. There were only a few decent, civil comments among those who expressed dislike for the game. People can do it, but they should back up their own words.
That’s the whole point, they were nothing but opinions..
This is better, you are articulating. Try not to demonise people or typecast them and you'll be fine. Or do you. I like that you enjoy the game and are passionate about it - talk about what you, personally enjoy, more than why others personally hate.

I am self aware enough to notice my own fingers pointing back at me, everyone's a hypocrite. :coffee::whistle:

Basically I try to leave the trauma for AVN writers. It's far more enjoyable in a well rendered game than IRL.

Also my post is worth as much as you paid me to write it/s

I hope I didn't mislead you, the dialog in my patch is still very much that of the Season 1 Steam release. I did change a few lines there and there but overall I'd say that 95% is still the same...in the scene you're referring to, I didn't revert the dialog back. I felt like the final release is what Ocean intended in the end so didn't want to change it too much.
Sincerely, thank you for doing this for the community, and thank you for being careful only to change what you felt would have been changed via the old patch. It's great to see people make such an effort. I decided on this release I'll play without patches, but you've helped a lot of people with this.

Last edited:

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
all i keep seeing is the fans of ocean and his game summers gone keep saying if you have no good feedback aka (kiss oceans ass) and if you don't agree with me shut up and quit your bitching and go else where thats what they say, like you telling people that they are going to listen to you. :ROFLMAO: the most you can do is put them on your block list so you don't see the bitching/feedback, or you can shut up and just get used to it, because they are not going anywhere this is a forum that the public can use to give honest opinions about said game, i'm so sorry people think different than you, but thats the way of the world and that is called being an adult you can think how you want. don't like it tough, i'll bring you some tissue so you can wipe your tears.:cry: i only like summers gone now because of the amazing work of the modders, if it wasn't for them i wouldn't nearly like this game like i do now. so hats off to the modders you are truly appreciated.(y)

dorio6534

Sep 22, 2018
the problem isn't that the game isn't good, the problem is the game is getting worse and ffs censored. Like I can understand that you all like the game, i can understand you personally thinking the changes aren't a big deal (they are you just clearly don't see the larger implications of the game getting toned way the fuck down) but I can't understand why you have any faith at this point in the game. It took for-ev-er for him to release the steam version and all it was is a bunch of censoring/removing, imo that is a bad sign of things to come and his galacial work pace.

i can see liking the game still, but i cannot for the life of me understand why you white knights are defending these crappy changes from cH5 beta to s1 steam release.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021

8e12b5ae7d245d59aa506e408c1134d8.gif
It´s time for a new playthrough!
Thanks buddy, i needed the patch for be able to follow the Nami path without the word "roomie" :LOL:

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
all i keep seeing is the fans of ocean and his game summers gone keep saying if you have no good feedback aka (kiss oceans ass) and if you don't agree with me shut up and quit your bitching and go else where thats what they say, like you telling people that they are going to listen to you. :ROFLMAO: the most you can do is put them on your block list so you don't see the bitching/feedback, or you can shut up and just get used to it, because they are not going anywhere this is a forum that the public can use to give honest opinions about said game, i'm so sorry people think different than you, but thats the way of the world and that is called being an adult you can think how you want. don't like it tough, i'll bring you some tissue so you can wipe your tears.:cry: i only like summers gone now because of the amazing work of the modders, if it wasn't for them i wouldn't nearly like this game like i do now. so hats off to the modders you are truly appreciated.(y)
You got that wrong

What we cannot stand any longer here are 3 things:

1. Claiming personal preferences are the "one truth".
2. Insulting the dev and the fans of the game and confusing this and raging and complaining about stuff they just heard from other complainers without even checking themselves for "constructive criticism".
3. The same people complaining after EVERY release about the same stuff as if they had amnesia since the last release. You don't like changes and remakes? Play something else and don't come back. You don't like the direction a VN is going story- or developmentwise? Play something else and don't come back. No amount of bitching will change anything in SG in the future.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes