Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Its been mentioned before, but its not that Oceanlab was slow. He's been reworking two games, plus computer issues slowing down progress and what not.
Honest question, really. Why do devs work on multiple games if the releases only come out every 8 to 12 months? I understand if you are Mr. Dots with a whole team and $10K to $20K a month in cash to play with, but for a small dev?

There are several devs here that are working on popular games that come out on a 8-12 month schedule (I am looking at you Radiant, and of course Summer's Gone), where the devs are working on multiple games at the same time.

Looking at it strictly financially, it seems to me that to concentrate on one game, and release it on a regular schedule would get a lot more patrons and monthly financial support than to have 2 (or more for some devs) games with extremely slow, relatively short updates.

Regular updates and showing up on the "Latest Updates" page gets you more support. You can have the greatest game here, but if updates only come out once per year, the Patron support is always going to be weak.

Perhaps the dev just gets bored with his game, and wants to try something different?

Maybe I am looking at it wrong from a business sense, and it is better, financially, to have lots of games in development with extremely slow updates?

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Honest question, really. Why do devs work on multiple games if the releases only come out every 8 to 12 months? I understand if you are Mr. Dots with a whole team and $10K to $20K a month in cash to play with, but for a small dev?

There are several devs here that are working on popular games that come out on a 8-12 month schedule (I am looking at you Radiant, and of course Summer's Gone), where the devs are working on multiple games at the same time.

Looking at it strictly financially, it seems to me that to concentrate on one game, and release it on a regular schedule would get a lot more patrons and monthly financial support than to have 2 (or more for some devs) games with extremely slow, relatively short updates.

Regular updates and showing up on the "Latest Updates" page gets you more support. You can have the greatest game here, but if updates only come out once per year, the Patron support is always going to be weak.

Perhaps the dev just gets bored with his game, and wants to try something different?

Maybe I am looking at it wrong from a business sense, and it is better, financially, to have lots of games in development with extremely slow updates?
To avoid burn out, I imagine. Working on two different things at once lets you maintain your sanity by varying it up. Even professional novel writers will do short stories and multiple novels at the same time to change things up, right? Same thing.

Also, the sad truth is, there are devs who'll just milk patreon by doing multiple games that take incredibly long dev times. Prioritizing 'business' over creative output.

That said. From I understand, this is neither of those. This is a case of Oceanlab's buddy wanting to make a game, so Oceanlab gave him one of his outlines or something. Then the friend quit, so Oceanlab found himself making two games. Something like that.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
I've got a good idea for everyone enjoying this game. Let's pledge bomb him. Everyone chip in $5 this month to get his Patreon count up.

I chipped in $30 a month. I'll match pledges if you post confirmation and donate it to whatever charity you want.

Last edited:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I've got a good idea for everyone enjoying this game. Let's pledge bomb him. Everyone chip in $5 this month to get his Patreon count up.

I chipped in $30 a month. I'll match pledges if you post confirmation and donate it to whatever charity you want.
You are aware that he has two patreon accounts? The one you mentioned was for WIAB and eventually for the games that follow. Ther other one was for SG, Ocean has retaken if after the last dev hast lost the interest in this game or whatever the reason for him was.

Reactions: Blake45666

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019

I'd join you but I've been a patron since the moment I finished the game back in December! First and only time I've felt the need to actually support one of these games.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
You are aware that he has two patreon accounts? The one you mentioned was for WIAB and eventually for the games that follow. Ther other one was for SG, Ocean has retaken if after the last dev hast lost the interest in this game or whatever the reason for him was.
I did not. Thanks. I updated my post and the offer still stands.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Okay, fiiiine. I'm just being a dickhead. There's no real sex yet. The game starts off with a warning that there's no sex yet. It'll be there later, but this is a story heavy game. Story first, fap time later.
Yup, no need to explain anything, there is more than few questions regarding "sex" in this game so far - despite tags, op warning and big start-screen info in the game itself...yet im kinda in the good mood this morning, so i was nice there:p

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes