alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
It boggles my mind how some users here can be so fucking dense. Do they even read the words of text in the game???? How can you play the game as if MC and Nami aren't related at all and then sit through that pre-pizza shop conversation between them and think "Well this makes sense"!?!?!?!?!?!

What in the fuck is the point of the "race with impossible odds" if they aren't related at all? Who the hell gives a flying fuck if two unrelated people who were friends since childhood/grow together get into a relationship???? Like seriously how am I the only one losing my marbles over these people's reasoning skills? How do these people function day to day?
Shh, be quiet dude, Patreon is listening .... They mostly come at night... mostly.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It boggles my mind how some users here can be so fucking dense. Do they even read the words of text in the game???? How can you play the game as if MC and Nami aren't related at all and then sit through that pre-pizza shop conversation between them and think "Well this makes sense"!?!?!?!?!?!

What in the fuck is the point of the "race with impossible odds" if they aren't related at all? Who the hell gives a flying fuck if two unrelated people who were friends since childhood/grow together get into a relationship???? Like seriously how am I the only one losing my marbles over these people's reasoning skills? How do these people function day to day?
That's why I think it's an inconsistent approach. One one hand 'Why is she even red' 'I expected asians' while on the other 'she and her stupid no-funny-business-between-roommates rule' and 'the only reason why you'd want me out of the house, is so that you and I can bang in peace'. They're contradictory positions, with alluded evidence for both points of view.

It needs to be clearly defined and consistent, and I don't think it'll be clarified any time soon. Right now I just put it the box of too hard, and hope Maja or Ayua become LI's ...actually, I'd do that anyway, far more than I'd hope for Ocean to define the realtionship. :coffee: :whistle:

But seeing someone's made a mod, everyone can play to their own preferred logic.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
You just gave me back hope that Zara and Vanessa are Leia and William's daughters.
Well, the thing I find interesting is most people refuse to entertain the idea of Leia being Vanessa's mum, simply because that would at some point mean Willi's been NTR'd by Nick, or that there is a canon with an LI not ending up with the MC in WiaB, or because the image of Mrs Benz in the flashback is unflattering, even though we see nothing other than a dress. There's currently nothing stopping Leia from being their mum that I'm aware of.

My personal feeling is that Kat is their mum, because Kat has a high competetive streak when Dana and tennis is mentioned, and if the heterochromia comes from Helen's genes rather than Dylan's, Kat could easily have it via Scarlet.

Or everyone in WOllust has a latent hetereochromia gene so Ocean can keep us guessing :sneaky:

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
They can work as stepbro/sis. It's taboo don't you know??
View attachment 3676417
:Kappa:

You're way off. It was just another joke aimed at redheads :WeSmart:
To be honest i wouldn´t complain if Nami or Nika say "we are stepbrothers" and not "we are roomies". The problem is the dam word "roomie".

Of course i prefer them having a brother-sister relation but if it can´t be then at least call them step brother and step sister.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
So it is not so far fetched to assume, that MC is the son of
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. He has his mother's eyes, manipulative nature, but also his father's ungabunga style and easy to toneable physique.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Of course, I might be wrong.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Of course i prefer them having a brother-sister relation but if it can´t be then at least call them step brother and step sister.
This is my dilemma. Ideally I would prefer that they not be related as I do not have an incest kink. But at the same time, their bond would be severely watered down (imo) if they were not related. I think that the strenght of their bond deeply relies on that blood relationship and it would, in my eyes, severely affect my enjoyment of the narrative and of both characters :(

It's a tough one.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
This is my dilemma. Ideally I would prefer that they not be related as I do not have an incest kink. But at the same time, their bond would be severely watered down (imo) if they were not related. I think that the strenght of their bond deeply relies on that blood relationship and it would, in my eyes, severely affect my enjoyment of the narrative and of both characters :(

It's a tough one.
Understood. I personally think a foster child/ward relationship works for the taboo, and it would mostly be in Nika and Nami (and Nicole's sensationalist) heads, and they'd see it the same way even though they're unrelated, even if they're not adopted either. In any case they've clearly been raised to keep each other at arms length, yet we know that Noji encourages Nika to bring girls home, and he doesn't want 'the talk' from her while she also has strict, opposite comments about their weird relationship. The foster idea goes along with her talk with Nika about the fact she never noticed any traces from him (ie she didn't have to deal with dirty laundry) like she did with others in the house (wait! What 'others?' Nami isn't a multitude) as well as Bella treating it as a halfway house/foster house when she drops him off.

But we're still no closer to discovering Ocean's actual intent.

Plausible concepts for Noji's reluctance:
- until now, they were too young for any relationship, so Noji's rules were based on age, and she hasn't yet gotten used to them being of age, especially if something happened one time
- she's getting support payments and the support group frowns upon any relationship in their wards.

I'm not saying these are true, or even that I believe them. It's simply that without further explanation, we're left wondering. We also need to understand Noji's stake in their upbringing, and why.

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
You are resourceful enough to do a new playthrough and pick up on the dozens of examples that would illustrate my point.
Don't try to dump on me what you should do. You make your point and if I disagree, you provide arguments. That's how it's supposed to work. Otherwise, your words are empty and mean nothing.

And I don't remember you and me having any fights before, so I have no idea why you're so rude. If you're tired of discussing the same thing over and over again then say so or don't answer at all. Stick to normal conversation or it will end very quickly.
I can leave you with one. The most braindead obvious one. That consists of 4 little words. "Why is she red"?

Unless you are severely cognitively impaired, you can understand that there is no context in which these words make sense unless they are related BY BLOOD. Or at least are perceived as such. But here is the thing. At least 2 characters ask that question and NOT ONCE do the MC or Nami offer an explanation that they aren't related and therefore asking why Nami isn't a redhead makes no sense.

Why would they endure that question being asked multiple times and not once enlighten other people as to why their question is moronic?
I do know with absolute certainty that Zara asking that question in the Jacuzzi is still in this version.
Nika gives Summer the answer, we just didn't hear it.
"You asked me that a million times already."
By the time the same question is asked by Zara, he replies
"Yeah, no idea how she got to be a Cheeto."
That's the "I've heard this question a million times already" type of answer.
What's so stupid about him not answering directly here?
He has reasons to answer in this way.

This is a personal issue for Nika and Nami and their understanding of what the people around them will think. Also, maybe it's normal for you and me to see them as a couple, but for example Victoria and Mila during their foursome kissing would definitely find Nami's involvement odd. Anyone who close to them and sees them as siblings would find this odd (except for Vanessa, of course). Whether they're blood-related or not is irrelevant here.

So yeah, like I said before, I don't see any problems with the story if they aren't blood related. Yet. Because we haven't faced any judgement from the public and we don't know how people around them will react to their relationship in the long term.

Last edited:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Don't try to dump on me what you should do. You make your point and if I disagree, you provide arguments. That's how it's supposed to work. Otherwise, your words are empty and mean nothing.

And I don't remember you and me having any fights before, so I have no idea why you're so rude. If you're tired of discussing the same thing over and over again then say so or don't answer at all. Stick to normal conversation or it will end very quickly.

This is a personal issue for Nika and Nami and their understanding of what the people around them will think. Also, maybe it's normal for you and me to see them as a couple, but for example Victoria and Mila during their foursome kissing would definitely find Nami's involvement odd. Anyone who close to them and sees them as siblings would find this odd (except for Vanessa, of course). Whether they're blood-related or not is irrelevant here.

So yeah, like I said before, I don't see any problems with the story if they aren't blood related. Yet. Because we haven't faced any judgement from the public and we don't know how people around them will react to their relationship in the long term.
I didn't mean to be rude. I have no issues with you so I apologize for the harsh tone. I was just a bit frustrated with the topic.

Regarding the Zara question, I feel like you keep dancing around the issue. WHY was the question asked? More than once I might add. Would you approach a red haired person on the street to ask them why they are red? If a friend of yours introduced you to a red haired person, would you ask that question? Of course not. Why? Because there is no plausible reason to. So why on Earth would anyone ask the MC and Nami that? The answer is simple. It's because they are related and one of them is red haired and the other is not. That's WHY THAT QUESTION IS ASKED. It's simple. It's obvious. There is no other reason for that question to be asked, ever, in the history of mankind, between two functioning parties.

Not sure how to reply to your last 2 paragraphs... You believe they are related but not blood related? Is that it? You also say that "whether they're blood-related or not is irrelevant here" while it is not. It is extremely relevant. IN FACT IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT IS RELEVANT in the entire subject. What is irrelevant is how they are perceived. That has no bearing on anything. Simply put:

Blood related = frowned upon or straight up wrong/illegal in modern society
Not blood related = literally no one gives a flying fuck in modern society

I honestly don't know what kind of upbringing or culture you were raised in that has a negative view on a relationship between 2 people completely unrelated to each other that for some reason grew up together. As far as I know that isn't taboo anywhere...

John972

Apr 24, 2018

To me, the issue is that Ocean wants to have his cake and eat it too. He had the opportunity through the rework process to clearly define the relationship between Nika and Nami, one way or another. However, fragments of remnant dialogues mixed in with reworked dialogues utterly confuse the issue (just the same as a remnant dialogue has Vic and Maja as unrelated to each other while reworked dialogue has them as siblings). There is just too much nod-nod, wink-wink...

To anyone saying Nika and Nami's relationship CANNOT be TABOO UNLESS they ARE related, I say, Bollocks! Get in the real world.

Nika and Nami were taken into care by Nojiko from a VERY young age. For all intents and purposes, they have been raised as siblings, even if they're not blood-related. That is how society would generally view them. Also, REMEMBER, they are only newly-minted adults, legally, so they haven't had latitude to have a relationship, especially while under Nojiko's care/roof.

SG could slot into this canon or something similar with very little effort. But, alas, SG remains a contradictory mess on the status of the Nika/Nami relationship, as has been pointed out many, many times before. I can only reasonably conclude this is a 100% deliberate choice by the Dev, and that's a shame.

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I didn't say that people close to Nami and Nika would see their relationship as something illegal or taboo. I only said that they would see it as odd. Because they see them as brother and sister, because they act like brother and sister. They just don't see them as a couple. Eventually that perception will go away if they are normal people with normal views. Is it clearer now?
This is actually the thing - if people don't know they live together, they assume they're a cute couple, because there is nothing to inidicate they are related, not physical signs. When Nami mentions they're roomies, after Jeff thinks they're cute, everyone doubles down on them making a cute couple in the scene. Then Nami decides to just go with it because it happens so much. We can see that publically, no one can sense anything weird about them being a couple.

Zara thinks they're going to be asian at first because (presumably) Nick or Vanessa (who met Noji before the dinner) told Zara Noji had kids, or Noji said she's got kids. Maybe easier to introduce yourself that way, than get into complicated stories about wards and guardians or foster homes. No one explains WHY they're not asian, it's just dropped. Then in the jacuzzi, Zara asks:

za "Why is she red?"
scene ad959 with dssa
d "That you'll have to ask her parents."
scene ad960 with dssa
za "What happened to yours?"
scene ad961 with dssa
d "They died in a car accident."
scene ad960 with dssa
za "And Nami's?"
scene ad961 with dssa
d "Believe it or not... The same."

It's a continuation of the previous confusion, she's still trying to work out the dynamic between these new strangers in her life.

Whether or not it's hamfisted writing right then is another matter entirely.

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
This is actually the thing - if people don't know they live together, they assume they're a cute couple, because there is nothing to inidicate they are related, not physical signs. When Nami mentions they're roomies, after Jeff thinks they're cute, everyone doubles down on them making a cute couple in the scene. Then Nami decides to just go with it because it happens so much. We can see that publically, no one can sense anything weird about them being a couple.
Stop shooting me in the back :mad:
Are you sure that you can always accurately distinguish siblings from a couple if there is no similarity in appearance between them and they do not behave like a 100% couple, that is, they do not kiss, for example? I have a sister. We are not alike. There were cases when we were also confused with a couple.
I see your point, but the fact that they declared themselves siblings in front of them now creates a line in their behavior that, in people minds, siblings should not cross. And even if they are not related by blood, it will still cause some confusion.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes