FutureHNDXXX

May 14, 2019
Summer's Gone - Season 2 - Chapter 1 - Dev Log #9
Hello,

The log is a few hours late. I apologize!

Apparently, when I say, "Sure, I'll come by the Biergarten, but I gotta go earlier to do some work." it doesn't always work out.

Productivity is still going strong.

What worries me, though, is that when I look at the number of renders I've finished compared to the number of scenes that are done...

I fear the update might end up with 5000-8000 still renders. Yesterday, I checked, and this update has at least one scene for every relevant girl. (Yes, including Maja.)

I'd say 5000 renders is a safe bet. That would be double Chapter 5's render count.

I think it will be a great opening to the new season.

There's not much else to say; at least, I can't say much without spoiling a few new elements I will add to the game. I think they will greatly enhance the game's cinematic and high-quality feel.

After the update, I will do a poll to see if you guys liked them.

Previews: (4K attached for download.)
A squishy Zara

A firm Zara

Signature look of superiority

I'm kinda bummed by the fact that I can't really show anything of the Cheeto and Mila intro scenes... Especially Mila's scene has two big reasons why I can't/don't want to show them.

These are the most innocent renders I could find.

I'll show some Cheeto intro renders in the next Dev Log. I haven't finished the Cheeto scene yet, so my selection is limited.

Mila is also a prime candidate for my Blender experiments. After this update, I'll port that Bibi over to create some test animations & renders with her.

At the moment, I'm still using Sasha for most of my tests, but I can't show her nude yet, so I've got to switch my test models. (I'm currently prepping Miru.)

One word describes S2-CH1: Progress

That's what it feels like.

I'll see you in two weeks!

• Ocean

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Which Katie though?
Always Katie from Wiab, right?

I fear the update might end up with 5000-8000 still renders. Yesterday, I checked, and this update has at least one scene for every relevant girl. (Yes, including Maja.)

I'd say 5000 renders is a safe bet. That would be double Chapter 5's render count.
the-mask-jaw-drop-pooh7frtbhu9tbb4.gif
I think... I think we have won guys! More renders=More gampeplay time and Maja... :love:
Said that we are going to need a lot of tiiime for watch the release of this chapter i think, I foresee beginning of 2025 and not 2024 end, i hope i´m wrong :)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The dev log makes it both harder to wait and easier to understand why the first rev of S2 will take so long...

Render count = 5K + (and that does not include any of the cinematography transitions)

We get a scene with every relevant lady including the lovely Maja

And finally - Vanessa:

zVanessa1.png

She handed off the torch to the first runner in Olympia Greece, in the torch relay that will see the torch delivered to Paris - all part of the pomp and circumstance of the Paris Olympics.

She'd warned the runners that if they do not run fast enough, they are going to get a 'Mario' - little do they know...:oops:

As for the spectators - they thought that Vanessa was wearing a costume...

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
Hello,

Apparently, when I say, "Sure, I'll come by the Biergarten, but I gotta go earlier to do some work." it doesn't always work out.

What worries me, though, is that when I look at the number of renders I've finished compared to the number of scenes that are done...

There's not much else to say; at least, I can't say much without spoiling a few new elements I will add to the game. I think they will greatly enhance the game's cinematic and high-quality feel.

A squishy Zara

A firm Zara

I'm kinda bummed by the fact that I can't really show anything of the Cheeto and Mila intro scenes... Especially Mila's scene has two big reasons why I can't/don't want to show them.

I'll show some Cheeto intro renders in the next Dev Log. I haven't finished the Cheeto scene yet, so my selection is limited.

Mila is also a prime candidate for my Blender experiments. After this update, I'll port that Bibi over to create some test animations & renders with her.

At the moment, I'm still using Sasha for most of my tests, but I can't show her nude yet, so I've got to switch my test models. (I'm currently prepping Miru.)

• Ocean
I will be smart and keep my expectations low. :HideThePain:
modernfamily-noexpectations.gif

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I will be smart and keep my expectations low. :HideThePain:
View attachment 3774536
You go low, I'll go high, then we're covered for any eventuality ...or something? :coffee: :sneaky:

I think it's work mentioning that if it escalates to 8k render counts, that's 2/3rds of the content of season 1 for the first chapter.

What this implies is SIGNIFICANT branching. I suspect most paths will have a regular amount of material (2.5k of renders) but like players could miss renders by not playing alternate saves, season 2 is where Ocean will start making the game more choice heavy. At least that's how I interpret this number. Or, despite calling it ch1, he's roling in multiple chapters because he wants to get the ball rolling in asignificant way, which is wise.

Either way, we need Vanessa's tiara to officiate over the herculean task he's set for himself.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
The way the AVN is set up, there has always been the specter of increased workload/render count per update as the story progresses, simply because of the high number of LIs/lewdable characters. It invariably becomes a cascading effect with each update.
Unless, over the chapters, more LIs are... gone. :devilish:

• Hey there
Reactions: Don Sucio

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Holy shit the render count :PogChamp:
And those render... You can say anything about ocean, but goddamn those are stunning renders.
I wonder what number of dialogs would correspond to that figure. Because on one hand 5k is a lot, but if it's going to be scattered across multiple paths and subpaths, and for every line, a new render, then 5k isn't that much.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I wonder what number of dialogs would correspond to that figure. Because on one hand 5k is a lot, but if it's going to be scattered across multiple paths and subpaths, and for every line, a new render, then 5k isn't that much.
I imagine each path would have about the same content as Ch5, so all the different paths have a full chapter's worth of content. I'm sure some things will also be just optional like visiting Nia was optional. It makes sense for the branching, but season 1 was 9GB, season two ch1 might actually be bigger, seeing it's 4K res and it's going to be roughly half to two thirds of the entire season 1 render count.

Ocean has to think about how he's going to get these chapters to people. If Ch1 of season 2 is 1/10th of the season story wise, it's going to be a gargantuan download when Season 2 is ready.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I imagine each path would have about the same content as Ch5, so all the different paths have a full chapter's worth of content. I'm sure some things will also be just optional like visiting Nia was optional. It makes sense for the branching, but season 1 was 9GB, season two ch1 might actually be bigger, seeing it's 4K res and it's going to be roughly half to two thirds of the entire season 1 render count.

Ocean has to think about how he's going to get these chapters to people. If Ch1 of season 2 is 1/10th of the season story wise, it's going to be a gargantuan download when Season 2 is ready.
In season one we had only few really active paths, but when all paths will be active and all of that paths are in one update, update size will be huge... Plus what we get from 1080p -> 2160 upgrade. If Ocean only makes updates to few paths, some people will hate that, if he goes for large update and more characters, updates will be slower... Other people will hate him... Actually... It will be not much different as it's now... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But he should forget about any kind of rework, if he goes again with that, next season will not be complete before 2032...

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Nuh huh! Nope. I love Vic but you can have her. I'm skipping any future scenes in which she isn't fully clothed. Fuck that. The one topless render of her on the couch after the sleepover will haunt my sleep for years. That shit is nightmare fuel. Silent Hill nurses will give me a boner before Vic :ROFLMAO:

Which Katie though?
Katie is Katie regardless....but obviously for a SG side story, would have to be adult Katie. Which is why i said what I did ;)

We all know she the best girl even if she not a LI, some just don't want to accept the truth :ROFLMAO: :sneaky: :WeSmart:

Vixen ♀

Dec 23, 2021
Hello,

A squishy Zara

A firm Zara

• Ocean
Would you mind please share high-res 4k raw previews files? Thank you :whistle:

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes