Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
So, just another continuity plot mistake due to the fact that the Dude keeps on rewriting what he's not supposed to rewrite:

screenshot0001.png

Previously, Amber tells Bella about the gala invitation after Nika leaves.

Now, in this final Season 1 release she tells her in front of Nika.

Therefore, this whole dialogue at the restaurant about the Holgersons' invitation doesn't make sense anymore (Ocean should have changed it as well).

This is what we got after 5 WHOLE YEARS of endless rewritings. And yet I still see people whiteknighting this dev.

Oh man.

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm enjoying Ocean's creations, and he is, IMO, a very dependable dev.

I enjoyed SG season 1 and, for the most part, I enjoy the current version of SG more than I enjoyed the emo/edgelord mix of 2/3 years ago.

Do I miss some of the cinematography created with specific music in mind - yes, but it also gave us a taste of what Ocean can do with good music and hardware.

Am I aghast at the loss of some dick pics so Ocean could try to get a better rating on Steam - Nope.

I'm looking forward to the first release in S2, whenever it lands, and I have no reason to believe that I won't enjoy it at least as much as I did the final CH of S1.

For those who love to complain about never seeing the end of SG, why stay?

If you are truly miserable at the thought of having to wait So long for more content, set a reminder to check out SG in Dec 2029 and move on to AVNs with much shorter timelines or completed tags.

When you return in ~ 5.5 years, you will either have a lot more content to enjoy or you won't - and life will still go on...

When we find a creation we really enjoy - be it an AVN, a good book series or a TV series, for example, there is always the risk that the series/creation ends uncompleted.

I've seen dozens of good/great AVNs die on the vine - abandoned due to mental health issues/dev team breaks up/RL family issues/Insufficient $ support to continue development, etc.

I try to focus on the journey and what I Can enjoy versus what has been 'taken away from me' or what died on the vine.

Ocean continues to give us dev logs for SG every two weeks and I'm enjoying the renders/details about what is happening in the background.

I supported more than 30+ AVNs with $ since I discovered AVNs and Ocean is in the top 25% of those for communication with his $ supporters, something I both value and appreciate.

So - I am here for the long haul, and I will take my usual optimistic approach to Summers Gone and enjoy this journey for what it is: a fictional story with characters I find interesting, told with very good/great imagery/cinematography and music.

Cheers!! :coffee:

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
Ocean didn't happen to say who he was going to heal and from what disease? I used to think that MC was suffering from impotence due to psychological trauma and would be treated, but it turns out that this is not the case. In all these years, he never visited a doctor to get rid of impotence. Moreover, in the early uncensored scenes we learn that the MC does not have impotence. There are no more sick people in this game.
If you still don't understand what this game is about after all these years, I doubt you'll ever figure it out. Story-focused games aren't your thing.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
So, just another continuity plot mistake due to the fact that the Dude keeps on rewriting what he's not supposed to rewrite:

View attachment 3781342

Therefore, this whole dialogue at the restaurant about the Holgersons' invitation doesn't make sense anymore (Ocean should have changed it as well).

This is what got after 5 WHOLE YEARS of endless rewritings. And yet I still see people whiteknighting this dev.

Oh man.
Otto, would you please name one person who has claimed that the current S1 version doesn't have any flaws - that includes new plot holes due to rewritings, awful model renders, mainly due to misuse of the sculpting tool, overuse of the stutters in dialogs and so on and on. The game has flaws, it's obvious.

Or what exactly is "whiteknighting" that you see the people doing? Is it whiteknighting if you can still find a lot of positive aspects about the game that make the game better than the majority of all the games available on F95?

Or are they the people who aren't calling the game awful and unplayable because of the flaws it still has?

Or are they simply the people who refuse to sink to a level where they go ape shit and call others "white knights" and "cocksuckers" simply because they find more positive for themselves about the game than all the negative?

Otto, do you know how many years J. R. R. Tolkien spent rewriting his story of the rings until he managed to get rid of the majority of plot holes throughout the story? And he had help doing that, I believe. Of course, the universe he created was also much larger, but he had the same kind of problems.

And thanks for pointing out this particular plot hole. I admit, I missed this one. I guess, so did Oceans.

Are you telling us that Oceans should spend a couple years more at rewriting the story, until he gets rid of all the flaws?

Also, could you please name a couple of games where you haven't been able to find any flaws at all? Here, at F95? I'd love to see and try them. I'd appreciate it very much.

Last edited:

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
You can do/rewrite/change stuff a million times - never will everybody be satisfied it. So, the best thing you can do as a creative head: do stuff until YOU are satisfied, and unless you have a completly different mindset than the rest of humanity you will find your fans.
And as Ocean seem to have more than enough fans if we take the reviews on Steam and here, he must be on the right way. Of course there are always people who cannot live with the fact that other people like stuff they don't like. And thus they troll around and call them whiteknights and other nonsense.

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
Man, i hope this game will have pregnancy content in the future. And just so i'm clear i dont mean sexual activities with a pregnant woman. I really want my MC and Sasha to have a bunch of kids and have a happy family ending. Man i'm crazy for that girl. :love: Provided ocean actually completes this game, man he takes a lot of time!

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Otto, would you please name one person who has denied that the current S1 version doesn't have any flaws - that includes new plot holes due to rewritings, awful model renders, mainly due to misuse of the sculpting tool, overuse of the stutters in dialogs and so on and on. The game has flaws, it's obvious.
No, no one denied it.

Or what exactly is "whiteknighting" that you see the people doing? Is it whiteknighting if you can still find a lot of positive aspects about the game that make the game better than the majority of all the games available on F95?
I mean people who kept telling that all this endless rewriting was a good thing and that HE HAD to do it because the game would have benefitted from it.

Or are they the people who aren't calling the game awful and unplayable because of the flaws it still has? Or are they simply the people who refuse to sink to a level where they go ape shit and call others "white knights" and "cocksuckers" simply because they find more positive about the game than all the negative?
I think it still is a really good VN. But... well, damn, it's a real shame it went this way.

Are you telling us that Oceans should spend a couple years more at rewriting the story, until he gets rid of all the flaws?
Good Grief, NO. What's done is done.

My concern is that it looks like Ocean is a guy who does NOT learn from his own mistakes.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
I'm enjoying Ocean's creations, and he is, IMO, a very dependable dev.

I enjoyed SG season 1 and, for the most part, I enjoy the current version of SG more than I enjoyed the emo/edgelord mix of 2/3 years ago.

Do I miss some of the cinematography created with specific music in mind - yes, but it also gave us a taste of what Ocean can do with good music and hardware.

Am I aghast at the loss of some dick pics so Ocean could try to get a better rating on Steam - Nope.
i thought the modifications were to enable Ocean to sell in Germany, not necessarily on Steam, which has a hundred million customers outside of Germany.
accepting 2 simple facts will make accepting Oceans patterns much easier;
1 Ocean is a perfectionist.
2 He had a 'clear' vision of how he wanted certain things to look, and didn't have the hardware nor the software experience to make it the way he envisioned when he first made them.

luckily for us there are lots of other games to go thru between his updates, and some of them, like Eternum, Artemis, et al, are really good too.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
i thought the modifications were to enable Ocean to sell in Germany, not necessarily on Steam, which has a hundred million customers outside of Germany.
accepting 2 simple facts will make accepting Oceans patterns much easier;
1 Ocean is a perfectionist.
2 He had a 'clear' vision of how he wanted certain things to look, and didn't have the hardware nor the software experience to make it the way he envisioned when he first made them.

luckily for us there are lots of other games to go thru between his updates, and some of them, like Eternum, Artemis, et al, are really good too.
HAH

So, people who keep on making the same mistakes over and over are "perfectionists" now?

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
Otto, would you please name one person who has claimed that the current S1 version doesn't have any flaws - that includes new plot holes due to rewritings, awful model renders, mainly due to misuse of the sculpting tool, overuse of the stutters in dialogs and so on and on. The game has flaws, it's obvious.

Or are they the people who aren't calling the game awful and unplayable because of the flaws it still has?

Or are they simply the people who refuse to sink to a level where they go ape shit and call others "white knights" and "cocksuckers" simply because they find more positive for themselves about the game than all the negative?

Otto, do you know how many years J. R. R. Tolkien spent rewriting his story of the rings until he managed to get rid of the majority of plot holes throughout the story? And he had help doing that, I believe. Of course, the universe he created was also much larger, but he had the same kind of problems.

And thanks for pointing out this particular plot hole. I admit, I missed this one. I guess, so did Oceans.

Also, could you please name a couple of games where you haven't been able to find any flaws at all? Here, at F95? I'd love to see and try them. I'd appreciate it very much.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I mean people who kept telling that all this endless rewriting was a good thing and that HE HAD to do it because the game would have benefitted from it.
Rewriting is a thing that all writers do to improve their creations. Often to get rid of the plot holes. This is just a modern case where all (or just some of?) the rewrites have been publicly available.

He obviously tried to make his story better and in many ways, he did manage that. But some things did get worse, sure.
What improved and what got worse, in the end, the difference is only in the opinion of the balance any reader has - what do they like about the final version and what they don't.

Is it whiteknighting if your balance leans to the positive?

Do you have to call it whiteknighting if someone likes something despite the flaws?

I think it still is a really good VN.
Oh?! Do we have a white knight here? :sneaky: I'm dead sure a few are ready to call you that just for admitting that you think so.

But... well, damn, it's a real shame it went this way.
Obviously, it still has a lot of problems. But was the original version any better? Are you sure that you remember the original this precisely to call it better? Have you compared them lately?
I haven't really compared them side-by-side, but I wouldn't dare to call it better without doing so. I tend to remember things I like and forget about the flaws. Most people do.

Good Grief, NO. What's done is done.

My concern is that it looks like Ocean is a guy who does NOT learn from his own mistakes.
IMHO, he's been learning the whole time and has improved a lot in a lot of aspects of game development. Has he made mistakes? Obviously. Has he learned from them? Obviously has. Will he repeat the same mistakes? Doubt it. Will he make new ones? Highly likely. It's what learning is about.

HAH

So, people who keep on making the same mistakes over and over are "perfectionists" now?
Same mistakes? What mistakes has he made over and over? Could you explain?
Because I have no idea. Call me clueless.

Last edited:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
If you still don't understand what this game is about after all these years, I doubt you'll ever figure it out. Story-focused games aren't your thing.
Of course, I can’t understand the plot of the SG, because the developer has not yet inserted it into the game, and all the little things that are in the game change after each rework. You also don’t know what this game is about, like everyone else. Or did Ocean share the script for all the seasons with you?:unsure:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
He obviously tried to make his story better and in many ways, he did manage that. But some things did get worse, sure.
Well, even in the mainstream movies with millions in revenue, there are inconsistencies and minor errors in the script and the scenes, and viewers find it very funny to search for such inconsistencies; there are even websites dedicated to this topic.

Obviously, SG has enough of typos, minor errors and inconsistencies in the script. People who like the game and want to improve it write to Ocean on Discord; After the game was released on Steam, the bug channel was filled with screenshots with typos and errors, and Ocean fixed many of these bugs. He is only human and prone to mistakes like everyone.

On the other hand, those who are still burning about the fact that he is making his own game and not continuing the Chapter 2 version are looking for anything to simply say: “Look, there is a small typo there, you see, a typo! No, this is completely unacceptable, this is what happens when you endlessly rework it, if only he had been smart, listened to us and did as we say..."

They forgive much more serious mistakes to developers who take into account their preferences, but not to Ocean. It’s good that he doesn’t care and he’s not even in the Zone anymore. It's bad that the thread is clogged with nonsense complaints.

But you know what's funny, this particular "continuity error" you're answering about doesn't seem to be such an error after all. Or even not an error at all. :KEK:

Let's see:
Bullshit. Amber always talk about gala to Bella in front of Nika. I looked script in the v3.5, 4.5, 5-Beta, Season 1.

Version 3.5, Chapter2.rpy:
Python:
4820        bm "Oh and Bella, they invited us to their next party.. or was it a gala?"
4821        scene z870 with dissolve
4822        b "Ugh! And you said no, right?"
4834        bm "Bella! Watch your mouth! Don't overdo it!"
4835        scene z869 with dissolve
4836        bm "I apologize, [name]."
4837        d "Don't mind me."
As we can see, Nika listens when Amber talks about the gala and she even apologizes to Nika for witnessing their fight with Bella.

Version 3.5, Chapter3.5.rpy:
Python:
230    mf "I hope you will enrich us with your presence at our gala, next week. Saturday, to be precise."
231    scene ab57 with dssa
232    b "I'll think about it."
253    d "What gala was he talking about, by the way?"
254    scene ab65 with dssa
255    b "They host multiple galas throughout the year."
Steam version, Chapter2.rpy:
Python:
5015        bm "Oh and Bella, they invited us to their next party.. or was it a gala?"
5016        scene z870 with dissolve
5017        b "Ugh! And you said no, right?"
5029        bm "Bella! Watch your mouth! Don't overdo it!"
5030        scene z869 with dissolve
5031        bm "I apologize, [name]."
5032        d "Don't mind me."
Steam version, Chapter3.5.rpy:
Python:
228    mf "I hope you will enrich us with your presence at our gala, next week. Saturday, to be precise."
229    scene ab57 with dssa
230    b "I'll think about it."
251    d "What gala was he talking about, by the way?"
252    scene ab65 with dssa
253    b "They host multiple galas throughout the year."
Therefore, the whole dialogue in the restaurant is the same, Nika knows about the gala, but he is wondering what kind of gala it really is?
Five years of reworks and the dialogue and its meaning has not changed. Damn Ocean did shit in someone's pants again. Yesterday he suddenly deleted the scene when MC meets Zara, today this. There is no end in sight to the reworks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
Of course, I can’t understand the plot of the SG, because the developer has not yet inserted it into the game, and all the little things that are in the game change after each rework. You also don’t know what this game is about, like everyone else. Or did Ocean share the script for all the seasons with you?:unsure:
Summer's Gone story is simple. MC is attempting to cope with the loss of a childhood love ...

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Summer's Gone story is simple. MC is attempting to cope with the loss of a childhood love ...

He has missed the obvious one, Ocean DID share the script - there's a file called "scripts.rpa" in every download. We get to find out what happens when we read the words while playing season 1 :coffee::whistle:

One at a time is enough of course, we don't need the script before the fancy renders .

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023

I'll let you in on a little secret: the first season has no plot. Ocean said that the first season will introduce us to the characters and develop the story later. Nobody knows what this story is about, there are only assumptions and guesses. This could be a love story, or it could be a story of revenge for murdered parents.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes