imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
HAH

So, people who keep on making the same mistakes over and over are "perfectionists" now?
no.
but Ocean IS a perfectionist. reread his posts on this forum, and some of his discord/patreon posts.
he made Where it all began; got to chapter 6, got enough euros to upgrade, did so and was blown away by the difference in quality. the next issue was rendering speed. those allegedly are both addressed. then he got DCMA'd about the music. [odd how the word Dismayed fits too].

many other devs would have just used the same process and continued, but now at a faster rate. he didn't he revamped with his new capabilities.

personally i would have preferred [as i believe most would] if he had finished WIAB then made SG with his new equipment.
but its his story and his project...

still glad we have lots of other projects to enjoy in the meantime.

SagePage

Jan 10, 2024
I'm just imagining that someone watched Fight Club up to the moment when Norton met Mrs Marla. And at that point the fellow viewer begins to rant that the plot is not moving at all, that the main character only roams around without any meaning, that he pronounces some senseless monologues or meets some weird characters. For example, Bob aka Meat Loaf, why is he even in the movie at all? Fincher should focus on the plot and stop showing some nonsense but he seems to struggle with that.
I don’t know why Fight Club is relevant but neither the novel or movie took 5+ years to write; the movie is an hour and a half and the book has about 200 pages and both done far more than SG has with far less writing and time invested by the reader/watcher/player needed. We go from depressed worker, underground fight club, movement, to suicide and bombing….that plot moved and progressed significantly unlike SG.

I like SG but it’s pacing and plot progression is slow, deliberately so. If that doesn’t change this is going to take a LONG time to finish which will kill my interest. That is not an unwarranted or unfair observation or criticism.

This site you have to either gurgle a devs nuts or shit all over them or people get butthurt.

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
I like SG but it’s pacing and plot progression is slow, deliberately so. If that doesn’t change this is going to take a LONG time to finish which will kill my interest. That is not an unwarranted or unfair observation or criticism.
There are 30+ Chapters planned for this game, so slow progression is warranted. We can only hope that someday we can witness the conclusion of this game ... Summer's Gone [Completed] by the end of this decade would be nothing short of a miracle.

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
There are 30+ Chapters planned for this game, so slow progression is warranted. We can only hope that someday we can witness the conclusion of this game ... Summer's Gone [Completed] by the end of this decade would be nothing short of a miracle.
i dont think it will be worth the wait. season one ended with a whimper in my opinion. i dont think the plot will improve either.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I don’t know why Fight Club is relevant but neither the novel or movie took 5+ years to write; the movie is an hour and a half and the book has about 200 pages and both done far more than SG has with far less writing and time invested by the reader/watcher/player needed. We go from depressed worker, underground fight club, movement, to suicide and bombing….that plot moved and progressed significantly unlike SG.

I see, my comparison was too specific and apparently distracted you from the simple point I was trying to make. Summer's Gone is currently a work in progress. Moreover, almost the entire first season is an introduction, in which the author gradually introduces the main actors and devotes most of the screen time to the relationship building between the MC and the characters and the game's world setting up in general. Only in the fifth chapter do the storylines begin to slowly gain momentum.

So you've read a few introductory chapters from a 32-chapter book and say the pacing and plot development are slow. Don't you think this is too quick a conclusion?

Well, more often than not, the plot gradually gains momentum. Of course if it is not an action movie, where shootings and fights can begin from the first minutes, and don't stop until the end. Usually at the beginning the author introduces the audience to the characters and talks about the starting point from which the story begins. Once the initial setup of the story is completed, the plot begins to move faster as the reader/viewer/player is already familiar with the characters and understands their roles in the main story.

I have compared this game many times to a tv series, especially to Lost (or rather its first season). Not because of the similarity of the plot. Although, who knows how this game will end, I don’t know for sure. They seem very similar to me from a storytelling perspective. In Lost everything is not what it seems, but at first glance everything is simple, the plane crashed on the island, the passengers are trying to survive. The first episodes are devoted to how they wander around the island, get to know each other and having frequent flashbacks revealing their backstories.

So if you're not prepared for this game to be a long series, it's best to quit right away. Because you have no idea how the plot will develop further and what ending this whole story is moving towards. MC marries Bella, Nami drinks herself into a coma at the wedding. How can you tell if it's moving fast or not? In the game, only a few weeks have passed since the MC woke up from the nightmare and went to buy some breadrolls. And almost all of the content in the first season is about the first week of college.

Next, about the speed of work. Ocean stated that he finished writing the entire SG story around August 2023. He ended up with 32 chapters. I don't know if anything has changed since then or not. But he completed the story a year ago.

Now all that remains is to make static renders and animations for these 32 chapters. This is no big deal if you have a team like Fincher and his budget. But you don't seriously believe that an indie developer like Ocean can do this in the same time frame, do you? So yes, developing a game like Summer's Gone will take a long time unless he hires a team or finds a way to increase his productivity several times over. Again, it's not that the plot moves slowly (although it does in the beginning), it's that the game development moves slowly (slow compared to what, by the way? It's pretty fast in the given circumstances)

So, I think your comparison with SG "neither the novel or movie took 5+ years to write; the movie is an hour and a half and the book has about 200 pages and both done far more than SG has" is incorrect. A movie is not made by one person who does the work of screenwriter, director, cameraman, costume designer, sound engineer, editor, producer and God knows who else. A book is not accompanied by tens of thousands of 3d renders and computer animations.

This site you have to either gurgle a devs nuts or shit all over them or people get butthurt.
Hell yeah! Now I have no doubt, I'm talking to a critic! They always end their performance with a tirade about sucking, licking or anal sex. Old good Freud would be delighted with you guys. :KEK:

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
i dont think it will be worth the wait. season one ended with a whimper in my opinion. i dont think the plot will improve either.
I enjoyed the ending of Summers Gone S1 and I am enjoying the plot.

These are two of the reasons why I am enjoying SG and participating on this thread.

If I feel like a dev or a creation is not living up to my hopes/expectations, I stop supporting the dev with $ and I certainly don't make the time to hang out on the thread to say how much I don't like his creation over and over and over again...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you don't think Summers Gone will be worth the wait - why stay?

Are you sure this is the best use of your time using this user ID?

Do you know how rare this kind of tenacity is, constantly singing the song of 'I'm not getting what I wanttttt!!'?

GL finding AVNs that live up to your lofty expectations... and feel free to 'praise' those devs just like you 'praise' SG. ;)

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
I enjoyed the ending of Summers Gone S1 and I am enjoying the plot.

These are two of the reasons why I am enjoying SG and participating on this thread.

If I feel like a dev or a creation is not living up to my hopes/expectations, I stop supporting the dev with $ and I certainly don't make the time to hang out on the thread to say how much I don't like his creation over and over and over again...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you don't think Summers Gone will be worth the wait - why stay?

Are you sure this is the best use of your time using this user ID?

Do you know how rare this kind of tenacity is, constantly singing the song of 'I'm not getting what I wanttttt!!'?

GL finding AVNs that live up to your lofty expectations... and feel free to 'praise' those devs just like you 'praise' SG. ;)

Cheers!! :coffee:
lmao i always think its funny when one of you white knights count my replies on this thread. im only here because im bored and sometimes i like to point out how lack luster this game is to you simps.

Feb 6, 2023
Just finished this game. Loved it. Never thought I'd actually like a AVN without any actual sex scenes much less fall in love with it. I love when my expectations are shattered. Here's hoping the rest of the seasons are as good as this one. Also is the updates seasonal or chapter wise? Like does he release an entire season at once? Plus when's the next one dropping?

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
i replayed this from the beginning last month to get back into the story and even though i enjoyed the story. it was basically the same story as it was when i first played it 3 fucking years ago. the graphics don't look that much better either. though i think there were some sex scenes removed or changed a bit which honestly didn't bother me at all. the fact that the story hasn't been moved along AT ALL in 3 FUCKING YEARS..is pure milking by OCEAN. same as with their other game which has a story that is so fucking moronic i probably won't even play the next update of it. so now we wait for the next 6 or 8 months for the next update..and maybe the story will get some attention now. but damn, 3 years to see the story move is a fucking joke. yeah i know, i am playing it for free, same as most on here. but damn, if you are going to make your game exclusively for your patrons..do that and don't waste our time here. rant over. for now.

Reactions: AlexFXR

razante

Dec 4, 2023
Just finished this game. Loved it. Never thought I'd actually like a AVN without any actual sex scenes much less fall in love with it. I love when my expectations are shattered. Here's hoping the rest of the seasons are as good as this one. Also is the updates seasonal or chapter wise? Like does he release an entire season at once? Plus when's the next one dropping?
The updates are chapter wise and the next one is estimated to late 2024, probably november or december. Mind you that the next update isthe biggest one, so will be worth.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
they are you just dont see, Bella in the changing room, Bellas aunt in the infirmary and the 3 in the hot tub.
I was being a smart arse and trying to make a joke. That those renders were removed from steam version. So if they were steam patrons they wouldn't be able to see them. (I'll have to work on my delivery). :ROFLMAO:

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes