Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I feel like Nika is Leia's since the eye color is similar. Also makes sense that he loses his parents young, given Leia's lifestyle.
We will NEVER know. You are on F95 for quite a few years and still you haven't figured out when a project isn't going anywhere, have you?

Bruh I'm not reading all that shit. That woman clearly didn't want to put effort into learning how to model well, was just hoping for an easy gig, and noped the fuck out the second she realized she was gonna be held up to a standard.
Well, either the Dude just lost a friend or his friend just lost his girlfriend, BUT I guess you think the Dude totally needed to vent and talk about things he had to keep to himself.

Reactions: vampires69'in

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
So like, how graphic of violence are we talking?
So far, nothing of a really graphic nature. Someone hit by a car (but we don't see it directly, just blood stains and torn clothing) and someone in a fist fight with a split lip. Another person rammed by a car. I assume the graphic part hasn't happened as of yet, or it's a catch all because steam/germany.

Oh and a cat scratching people mercilessly. Bruh-tal.

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
Achievements? Do you mean the gallery?
Yes, the gallery seems to be somewhat bugged, partially outdated with thumbnails made from old renders that do not exist in the final version. It also seems to have some wrong hints for unlocking some of the items and some of them get unlocked without actually playing the path they're from or seeing them in game, because they have wrong variables unlocking them (same variables duplicated from previous items).
Also, all the replay items are based on duplicated code, copied from the main game script, creating lots of extra work for every change in the main script to update the replay gallery. I'm not even sure that the scenes in replay match with the original 100%.

So yes, the gallery seems to be kind of half-assed. It would have probably taken a couple or more weeks to fix. (considering Oceans coding experience, a more experienced programmer could probably do it in a couple of days)

I never even paid any attention to it until someone asked about the gallery in this thread. Then I checked it out and found the problems listed above. I'm guessing that Oceans focused on finally releasing the game with the working main game in mind and just ignored the gallery part, just as he did with the phone feature and the whole Nami's photobook part of the gallery.

Personally, I don't care if the gallery exists or not. I'd rather he focused on the story. Although, Nami's photobook could be interesting when it finally gets released, since it's supposed to be made by Nami, based on what Nami has seen.

My suggestion:
Just play the game and forget about the gallery. If you want the gallery to work to look at all the pretty pictures, just unren the game.
I can vouch for the replay gallery code being a complete mess. When I looked at it, doing the Uncut Edition mod, it was full of bugs, variables not being checked, jump labels taking you to the main game script instead of exiting the replay...I fixed all of that for my mod (while also doing a copy/paste of the relevant game sequences from the main script so the replays would be identical to the game experience, that is, the one with my mod adjustments). It took me several days, but something Ocean could have done himself if he only bothered...
The image gallery code is just as messy...

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
I can vouch for the replay gallery code being a complete mess. When I looked at it, doing the Uncut Edition mod, it was full of bugs, variables not being checked, jump labels taking you to the main game script instead of exiting the replay...I fixed all of that for my mod (while also doing a copy/paste of the relevant game sequences from the main script so the replays would be identical to the game experience, that is, the one with my mod adjustments). It took me several days, but something Ocean could have done himself if he only bothered...
The image gallery code is just as messy...
You should work with Ocean and help him with the coding.

• Haha
Reactions: alain8891

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
You should work with Ocean and help him with the coding.
I don't pretend to know anything about Ren'Py coding, in fact I don't, I had never coded before with Ren'Py and my own coding experience dates back the 1990s and early 2000s, I just do HTML/CSS/Javascript stuff nowadays, some shell/Python too. But the Ren'py scripting language is quite easy to understand even for a newcomer.
As for working with Ocean...damn thanks for the vote of confidence but no thanks, not in a zillion years, considering how he treats anyone that doesn't share his "work ethic"...
But when you think of it, coding the replay galleries as using their own script, which is essentially a copy/paste of the game one, is very dumb. That means each change you bring to the dialog needs to be repeated there as well. Makes no sense at all. It would be so logical (and easy to do), to have the replays point to the relevant sequence in the main game script, and exit the replay when needed instead of continuing on with the game, with a variable check such as "if Is_replay_active then exit replay" or close enough...
But no, he chose the most complicated path.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
I don't pretend to know anything about Ren'Py coding, in fact I don't, I had never coded before with Ren'Py and my own coding experience dates back the 1990s and early 2000s, I just do HTML/CSS/Javascript stuff nowadays, some shell/Python too. But the Ren'py scripting language is quite easy to understand even for a newcomer.
As for working with Ocean...damn thanks for the vote of confidence but no thanks, not in a zillion years, considering how he treats anyone that doesn't share his "work ethic"...
But when you think of it, coding the replay galleries as using their own script, which is essentially a copy/paste of the game one, is very dumb. That means each change you bring to the dialog needs to be repeated there as well. Makes no sense at all. It would be so logical (and easy to do), to have the replays point to the relevant sequence in the main game script, and exit the replay when needed instead of continuing on with the game, with a variable check such as "if Is_replay_active then exit replay" or close enough...
But no, he chose the most complicated path.
Alright, I get it. I think ...
I appreciate your great effort on the Uncut Mod, many thanks for it. (y)

Reactions: alain8891
4.30 star(s) 509 Votes