Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It's so damn hard to stay on topic sometimes, I can't even write that Mavi is recommending this game only because he's promoting his walkthrough for it. :Kappa:
Well that's just like...your opinion, you know.

I can do one for this too if required as it seems Mueshi given up on his (though can't say I blame him lol).

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
reality is if you think this story is epic you probably never read a book.
Reality:

You have an opinion that Many of us do not hold - that is fine as we each get to have our own opinion.

Ocean is not going to win a Pulitzer but then I have not read Any AVN that Will win at that level of competition.

We have, in AVNs:

* Poor to some great writers

* Poor to some great coders

* Poor to some great Daz/Blender creators

* Poor to some great music creators

Ocean is Not great in all these things but, IMO, he does a decent to great job depending on the category (music includes finding/including music that adds to the SG experience).

Could he be a better coder - Absolutely!

Has he had some issues, like music licensing problems, crop up that have diminished some of the favorite scenes many of us enjoy - Absolutely!

Is his English perfect - No!

But, he is learning his craft, growing his skills, innovating with new software and tools, hiring outside help (some works out and some does not) and this AVN is still here when so many others have been abandoned during the time of SG's development.

If, after actually experiencing All of SG season 1, you don't like Summers Gone, then it is unlikely that Season 2 is going to improve your opinion of this AVN, and your time will be better spent searching for something more to your taste.

I will be staying because I enjoy Summers Gone and I am looking forward to more of this part of Oceanverse!

GL in your hunt for something you enjoy!

Cheers!! :coffee:

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
Reality:

You have an opinion that Many of us do not hold - that is fine as we each get to have our own opinion.

Ocean is not going to win a Pulitzer but then I have not read Any AVN that Will win at that level of competition.

We have, in AVNs:

* Poor to some great writers

* Poor to some great coders

* Poor to some great Daz/Blender creators

* Poor to some great music creators

Ocean is Not great in all these things but, IMO, he does a decent to great job depending on the category (music includes finding/including music that adds to the SG experience).

Could he be a better coder - Absolutely!

Has he had some issues, like music licensing problems, crop up that have diminished some of the favorite scenes many of us enjoy - Absolutely!

Is his English perfect - No!

But, he is learning his craft, growing his skills, innovating with new software and tools, hiring outside help (some works out and some does not) and this AVN is still here when so many others have been abandoned during the time of SG's development.

If, after actually experiencing All of SG season 1, you don't like Summers Gone, then it is unlikely that Season 2 is going to improve your opinion of this AVN, and your time will be better spent searching for something more to your taste.

I will be staying because I enjoy Summers Gone and I am looking forward to more of this part of Oceanverse!

GL in your hunt for something you enjoy!

I love that in a forum we only see the post above us and nothing else, this conversation started by why he doesn't build a team or get help to be more productive. Where i answered that since good visuals are more than enough to get ppl hooked on the game while the story is mediocre there is no reason for him to hire anyone.

Now there is nothing bad with somebody honing his skills and learning new things along the way, but why do it for the expense of progression? Do you rly think that from 2019-2024 only visual updates are enough, cause the dev wanted to learn and try blender? That you only get butt plug guy and nothing else while scenes get deleted so he can get more money from gog and steam? What are you guys on about?

SG was here, cause he didn't need to move 1 inch further than he started, he learned a new program and supporters who wanted to continue did finance his education. I honestly can't believe that ppl have nothing wrong about if they repeat scene to scene everything with each update with a little extension, like the bar scene in the last update and such. Why do u think we are only at season 1. Ppl are joking this game taking 20 years to be completed why you think that is? , but if you think about it 5 update/ 5 years and he wants 20 chapters i let you do the calculation...

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I love that in a forum we only see the post above us and nothing else, this conversation started by why he doesn't build a team or get help to be more productive. Where i answered that since good visuals are more than enough to get ppl hooked on the game while the story is mediocre there is no reason for him to hire anyone.

Now there is nothing bad with somebody honing his skills and learning new things along the way, but why do it for the expense of progression? Do you rly think that from 2019-2024 only visual updates are enough, cause the dev wanted to learn and try blender? That you only get butt plug guy and nothing else while scenes get deleted so he can get more money from gog and steam? What are you guys on about?

SG was here, cause he didn't need to move 1 inch further than he started, he learned a new program and supporters who wanted to continue did finance his education. I honestly can't believe that ppl have nothing wrong about if they repeat scene to scene everything with each update with a little extension, like the bar scene in the last update and such. Why do u think we are only at season 1. Ppl are joking this game taking 20 years to be completed why you think that is? , but if you think about it 5 update/ 5 years and he wants 20 chapters i let you do the calculation...
Reality:

Like it or not, Ocean did a rework and took SG to Steam, GOG and beyond.

You are complaining about the rework and ignoring Why he did the rework - not surprised.

You complain about an artist improving his skills at the expense of progression and ignore how much the early chapters of SG improved, and how much more consistent the total story is with those changes.

You complain about how long it will take for SG to be completed but it is not like you are being forced to support Ocean with $ for 20+ years.

I Enjoy Summers Gone and I'm fine with Ocean telling us a very long story.

I have a range of AVNs that I enjoy, and this is my longshot - my 'Song of Fire and Ice' - (which has been in creation since 1991 And is not finished yet...) that may never get finished but I will enjoy every year of the ride.

I get that you are not getting some of your free stuff here on F95 at the speed you want.

None of us are getting all of the content in the desired quality and at the desired speed for all of the AVNs we enjoy - whether it is those we support with $ or those we do not.

While I wait, I get to enjoy Many other AVNs that are on F95, including some favorites that released new updates in the last 30 days.

GL finding something you can enjoy!

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
Reality:

Like it or not, Ocean did a rework and took SG to Steam, GOG and beyond.

You are complaining about the rework and ignoring Why he did the rework - not surprised.

You complain about an artist improving his skills at the expense of progression and ignore how much the early chapters of SG improved, and how much more consistent the total story is with those changes.

You complain about how long it will take for SG to be completed but it is not like you are being forced to support Ocean with $ for 20+ years.

I Enjoy Summers Gone and I'm fine with Ocean telling us a very long story.

I have a range of AVNs that I enjoy, and this is my longshot - my 'Song of Fire and Ice' - (which has been in creation since 1991 And is not finished yet...) that may never get finished but I will enjoy every year of the ride.

I get that you are not getting some of your free stuff here on F95 at the speed you want.

None of us are getting all of the content in the desired quality and at the desired speed for all of the AVNs we enjoy - whether it is those we support with $ or those we do not.

While I wait, I get to enjoy Many other AVNs that are on F95, including some favorites that released new updates in the last 30 days.

GL finding something you can enjoy!

So in reality we came back to what i said in the beginning that why would he hire any help when the better visuals are more than enough to keep and to get more supporters, even without actual progression... Thank you for realising and proving my point even tho it took 2 pages in this forum.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
So in reality we came back to what i said in the beginning that why would he hire any help when the better visuals are more than enough to keep and to get more supporters, even without actual progression...
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Dude, don't stop there, be ambitious, you're about to prove the general theorem of the Zone "Every developer is a milker"

Why doesn't a developer hire a team? There's only one explanation - because he's a milker and doesn't want to share the profits with the rest. And you know, I can't even argue with that, developers are people, and for some reason people want to earn more and work less. Brilliant.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
Epic= "heroic or grand in scale or character"
I am going with this defination sir, maybe it has other meaning which I am not aware of.

And believe it or not but I have actually played Leap of Faith, what a shock right?
It felt more like a slice of life, romance visual novel instead of a epic journey written by Drifty.

But again who am I to think logically, I am just a insecure person who try to hard to be funny and still fail miserably :(

Anyways I am so sorry sweet sir for offending you, believe me it wasn't my intention.
are there Epic avn? the answer is yes! . [City of Broken Dreamers] comes to mind.
with that said , the question you should ask is "are there well written avns ?", the answer is an emphatic HELL NO ! .
just remember that 99% of the avn creators are decent , good or pretty good at creating renders (images) and atmosphere
but they're not even decent writers , plus all the problems with translations because very often phrases and and conversations lose their intended meaning and context once they're translated to other languages.
hope i didn't bored you with all the semantics about your question.

jeff-bridges-what.gif

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Dude, don't stop there, be ambitious, you're about to prove the general theorem of the Zone "Every developer is a milker"

Why doesn't a developer hire a team? There's only one explanation - because he's a milker and doesn't want to share the profits with the rest. And you know, I can't even argue with that, developers are people, and for some reason people want to earn more and work less. Brilliant.
Sadly you're still making scenarios inside your head even regarding my comment on this forum i haven't said anything about 70% of the things you just wrote. Never said he is not working on the game, what i said is that for most of the fans its more than enough if he makes the game more pretty while not moving forward at all with the story. Btw if you want somebody to stop disagreeing with you maybe stop engaging him with quotes and comments, works wonders right? This whole back and fort was initiated by you.

Maybe you should read things more than once, make sure you understand them, then come up with an answer. But anyway im not going to bother repeating myself while you guys reach the same conclusion i made in the beginning have a nice continuous acid trip like these ones
"A very cute scene when they are preparing to the first day if college, Grace Mesa: The Long Way is playing, Nami in the uniform, Noji says how beautiful Nami is, Nami's all lightens up from the praise."

and keep enjoying this epic story.

Reactions: RNasc4444

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So in reality we came back to what i said in the beginning that why would he hire any help when the better visuals are more than enough to keep and to get more supporters, even without actual progression... Thank you for realising and proving my point even tho it took 2 pages in this forum.

You clearly have important work to do and no amount of discussion, facts, artist choices, rebuttal of your commentary will dissuade you from your chosen path.

Got it - next time, just post the appropriate signage when you are 'working':

zzzzzAxeGrindingMeme1.jpg

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, it seems that Nike was eating her out. I don't think there will be penetration for while still, maybe till S2 end. But Ocean seems to be turning up a notch the lewd aspects of the game, he already was with S1 but had to cut it, I also don't think that Bella will be the only one, most probably Nami and Milla will have similar scenes.
Ocean's already teased Zara squishing herself against him in the hot tub, with something in her hand in another render? Questionable as to what the thing is. We also have renders of Nika infrom of Nami in the bathroom, down low, and renders of Mila that Ocean was cagey about because there was nudity. The question is how much of this will be in Ch1. I think there's a good chance almost every girl will have some sort of lewd scene in S2 somewhere. Sonja would be the only one that might move slower.

Great idea, plus there's already a team of experts in all subjects in this thread who have been teaching stubborn Ocean how to make a proper game for five years, and silly him still won't listen. Lead them, you already have a great plot. Success is guaranteed! I'd probably donate a buck or two to see the grey smoking vajayjay.
"Grey Smoking Vajayjay" sounds like the last game in the Oceanverse, with Summer alone in a nursing home chain smoking, remembering Wollust and her sexcapades away from there, telling her grand daughter about all the best ways to be a female MC without dealing with the dev's bullshit forced corruption paths. Solid!

You're saying all this like you've discovered a new continent. Pick a page in this thread, any page, years back, and you can probably find these sentiments on that page, mostly right before a release, or right after when a poster realises there is still no fap material. SG is still here and survives all the shade. But wait, pick a new 0.1 release in the latest games, and you can probably find someone asking when it'll be updated, even if the first public release was yesterday and they're the second poster: segs when, android? Compressed? etc!!!!!!! ...It's old. You haven't discovered whether Sasha is Summer, you haven't worked out who anyone's real dads in the game are. Instead, you're talking about project management errors. I play AVN's to get away from project management, so if that's your fun take away...

Speculation on the motivations of a dev are pointless, other than: they are either supporting their AVN passion with a well paying day job, or they have enough supporters to continue, or the game will fall into the abandoned category. Ocean's last couple of devlog's expressly mention that he has been looking to hire people. He's written about it many times at different points in the development, especially from ch3.5 onward I think. Some of the backdrops he got other artists to make for him. He pays for music rather than writing it himself. So what's your point? Ocean gets slammed for spending patron money on music licenses, then gets slammed for not hiring people? What makes me in my armchair a great project manager that knows whether this video card or this program or this combination of things, or these assets are worth buying?

Your actual unspoken point here is "Ocean should spend money on what I think would result in increased productivty". Except, he's been trying that, and it's not been working out. The coder for the phone who skipped. The proof readers who dropped the pile. This latest person who he paid for a course so Ocean could train them to do what he needs someone to do. He's doing all these things and they're not working out. Why? Maybe he's just to difficult to work with (I'd hate to work with a perfectionist, I'm too much of one myself in my professional world. I feel sorry for my clients). Or... maybe they don't have the passion to deliver what he's after; close enough is okay for them, but not what Ocean's willing to pay for. Who knows? I don't need to see his receipts or call logs.

What is obvious is that you don't enjoy the game, and you don't enjoy other people enjoying the game. Well, I'm going to enjoy it regardless, because he's continuing to develop it. If at some point I grow tired of waiting, I have heaps of other amusing things to do with my time. SG isn't as good as coffee for me, as much as I like it.

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
You can't solve every problem by getting Katie out...
But who am I kidding, of course you can
Did anyone else think that Katie was actually Zoey at first? The blue hair highlights threw me off, so until they said her name, I thought it was Zoey.

I recall someone saying that Bella and Zoey "have always gotten along", so maybe we will see her later on. I hope we do.

• Wow
Reactions: yossa999

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Sadly you're still making scenarios inside your head even regarding my comment on this forum i haven't said anything about 70% of the things you just wrote.
That's fair. Since English is not my native language, I may have completely misunderstood your post and am drawing conclusions based on misunderstood premises. Would you be so kind as to help me understand what you wrote?

"I said in the beginning that why would he hire any help when the better visuals are more than enough to keep and to get more supporters, even without actual progression" - That was your statement.

Doesn't this statement contain a set of presuppositions?

1. Ocean makes no actual progression.
(progression in the story? Or maybe I misunderstood again and you meant some other progression, progression to his financial success, for example)

2. Ocean only works on improving the visual part.
(Otherwise, how should I understand the statement that he does not hire any help, since the better visual part is more than enough for his supporters to support him)

3. Ocean's supporters are only interested in better visuals.
(Otherwise better visuals wouldn't be enough for them, they would stop support a developer without any actual progression and he would hired a help to make the progression and attract supporters. Or this doesn't conclude from your statement?)

4. To make actual progression, Ocean needs to hire a help.
(Otherwise why would you counter the idea of help to the claim that he's not making actual progression?)

You see, I'm following your advice to read things more than once and make sure to understand them, before come up with an answer. :WeSmart:

Srimanta

Aug 25, 2021
are there Epic avn? the answer is yes! . [City of Broken Dreamers] comes to mind.
with that said , the question you should ask is "are there well written avns ?", the answer is an emphatic HELL NO ! .
just remember that 99% of the avn creators are decent , good or pretty good at creating renders (images) and atmosphere
but they're not even decent writers , plus all the problems with translations because very often phrases and and conversations lose their intended meaning and context once they're translated to other languages.
hope i didn't bored you with all the semantics about your question.

View attachment 3923180
You summarised everything nicely.
Yes my phrasing probably wasn't well enough about what I was trying to say but to me if you are not a good enough writer then there's no way you can convence me that the characters and the story which you are trying to tell is epic just by plane visual.
Take the latest tv show "Rings of Power" for an example, the premise of show is this epic fantasy tale based on JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy but it horribly fail to convence,nither it engages the audience because of it's pathetic writing and lack of conviction .

And as you Mentioned City of Broken Dreamers, Which is a very well crafted avn and I thoroughly enjoyed the book 1 and it had lots of potential to become a dark gritty Sci Fi story but sadly Philly didn't took that route and I totally understand why he didn't , I'm sure most of the supporters wouldn't have enjoyed that kind story otherwise he could have dived deep into the corruption of the world and characters like Victoria and Henry .
But again it's still probably one of best AVN available and not to mention completed which is rare among AVN's and a great achievement for a Dev who not tonly finished his one game but two

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Mister

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
You summarised everything nicely.
Yes my phrasing probably wasn't well enough about what I was trying to say but to me if you are not a good enough writer then there's no way you can convence me that the characters and the story which you are trying to tell is epic just by plane visual.
Take the latest tv show "Rings of Power" for an example, the premise of show is this epic fantasy tale based on JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy but it horribly fail to convence,nither it engages the audience because of it's pathetic writing and lack of conviction .
Personally I think the problem with Ocean's writing is that he can't keep his intrusive thoughts at bay. Which leads him to add more plots, and make it seem like it doesn't advance existing ones
Or at least this is my very humble opinion

Did anyone else think that Katie was actually Zoey at first? The blue hair highlights threw me off, so until they said her name, I thought it was Zoey.

I recall someone saying that Bella and Zoey "have always gotten along", so maybe we will see her later on. I hope we do.
I don't remember, also because when I first played that scene I wasn't very invested in WiAB.
But now she seems very recognizable to me
steauserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg Katie-3.png

4.30 star(s) 514 Votes