SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
Ocean's already teased Zara squishing herself against him in the hot tub, with something in her hand in another render? Questionable as to what the thing is. We also have renders of Nika infrom of Nami in the bathroom, down low, and renders of Mila that Ocean was cagey about because there was nudity. The question is how much of this will be in Ch1. I think there's a good chance almost every girl will have some sort of lewd scene in S2 somewhere. Sonja would be the only one that might move slower.

"Grey Smoking Vajayjay" sounds like the last game in the Oceanverse, with Summer alone in a nursing home chain smoking, remembering Wollust and her sexcapades away from there, telling her grand daughter about all the best ways to be a female MC without dealing with the dev's bullshit forced corruption paths. Solid!

You're saying all this like you've discovered a new continent. Pick a page in this thread, any page, years back, and you can probably find these sentiments on that page, mostly right before a release, or right after when a poster realises there is still no fap material. SG is still here and survives all the shade. But wait, pick a new 0.1 release in the latest games, and you can probably find someone asking when it'll be updated, even if the first public release was yesterday and they're the second poster: segs when, android? Compressed? etc!!!!!!! ...It's old. You haven't discovered whether Sasha is Summer, you haven't worked out who anyone's real dads in the game are. Instead, you're talking about project management errors. I play AVN's to get away from project management, so if that's your fun take away...

Speculation on the motivations of a dev are pointless, other than: they are either supporting their AVN passion with a well paying day job, or they have enough supporters to continue, or the game will fall into the abandoned category. Ocean's last couple of devlog's expressly mention that he has been looking to hire people. He's written about it many times at different points in the development, especially from ch3.5 onward I think. Some of the backdrops he got other artists to make for him. He pays for music rather than writing it himself. So what's your point? Ocean gets slammed for spending patron money on music licenses, then gets slammed for not hiring people? What makes me in my armchair a great project manager that knows whether this video card or this program or this combination of things, or these assets are worth buying?

Your actual unspoken point here is "Ocean should spend money on what I think would result in increased productivty". Except, he's been trying that, and it's not been working out. The coder for the phone who skipped. The proof readers who dropped the pile. This latest person who he paid for a course so Ocean could train them to do what he needs someone to do. He's doing all these things and they're not working out. Why? Maybe he's just to difficult to work with (I'd hate to work with a perfectionist, I'm too much of one myself in my professional world. I feel sorry for my clients). Or... maybe they don't have the passion to deliver what he's after; close enough is okay for them, but not what Ocean's willing to pay for. Who knows? I don't need to see his receipts or call logs.

What is obvious is that you don't enjoy the game, and you don't enjoy other people enjoying the game. Well, I'm going to enjoy it regardless, because he's continuing to develop it. If at some point I grow tired of waiting, I have heaps of other amusing things to do with my time. SG isn't as good as coffee for me, as much as I like it.
You guys are too much of a fanatics to have a conversation with sadly, 5 years of development and we are still at the introduction phase in both his games. Is this something the ppl who started supporting these games development actually expected in 2019? Wiab had 6 updates worth of content got cut off got reworked 2 times and now if you're lucky get 1 update per year. While SG which is more heavily focused on is tend to be finished in 2040. But let him be and don't dare raise negative comments about the development, cause you guys emerge to defend it.

" Pick a page in this thread, any page, years back, and you can probably find these sentiments on that page, mostly right before a release, or right after when a poster realises there is still no fap material. SG is still here and survives all the shade."

This is the problem you see, that for years we find these sentiments, cause its not a 0.1 release, but years work that some ppl ( not you guys appearently, cause you think everything is fine as it is) have expectations to.

Srimanta

Aug 25, 2021
Personally I think the problem with Ocean's writing is that he can't keep his intrusive thoughts at bay. Which leads him to add more plots, and make it seem like it doesn't advance existing ones
Or at least this is my very humble opinion

I don't remember, also because when I first played that scene I wasn't very invested in WiAB.
But now she seems very recognizable to me
View attachment 3923526 View attachment 3923527
Ocean gets tons of criticism because of the rework which is totally unreasonable because the rework improved the game massively, and if anyone thinks otherwise then they are delusional .

I read this one specific complain again and again where a random guy will come and say Ocean will do another rework and the cycle of rework will never end, I think these people don't know but the game is reworked only once and the Dev himself stated that he'll never do it again then what's the problem?

Now let's talk about his writing ..

Let me clear one thing out of the way that ocean is not a professional writer and his writing skills are definitely questionable but there rarely is any decent writer in AVN community (the only AVN I have played where the writing is nothing but pure perfection is Leap of Faith but even Drifty himself will never gonna come up with another masterpiece like LoF, just look at U4ia and you would understand what I am talking about)

Ocean may not be a great writer but the guy knows how to choreograph and direct scenes, nobody shows character dynamics and banter between characters better than him, his taste of music is miles ahead of others and I love him for it.

Last edited:

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
You guys are too much of a fanatics to have a conversation with sadly, 5 years of development and we are still at the introduction phase in both his games. Is this something the ppl who started supporting these games development actually expected in 2019? Wiab had 6 updates worth of content got cut off got reworked 2 times and now if you're lucky get 1 update per year. While SG which is more heavily focused on is tend to be finished in 2040. But let him be and don't dare raise negative comments about the development, cause you guys emerge to defend it.

" Pick a page in this thread, any page, years back, and you can probably find these sentiments on that page, mostly right before a release, or right after when a poster realises there is still no fap material. SG is still here and survives all the shade."

This is the problem you see, that for years we find these sentiments, cause its not a 0.1 release, but years work that some ppl ( not you guys appearently, cause you think everything is fine as it is) have expectations to.
You are a very special kind, aren't you?

Are you a paying member? If yes, who is forcing you to pay for something you visibly hate, despise, etc. If not, what is your point with arguing?

You literally wrote a wall of text, and arguing endlessly, - and it seems with everybody - just because you want to prove your point, or try to change other peoples opinion on Summer's Gone. Whether Summer's Gone is completed in 1, 5, or 10 years is completely irrelevant, because I have zero influence over it. Besides, I can't know if I'll still be alive in a few days or not. I don't worry about things I have no control over. But until then, - without any regrets - I will enjoy the first season, which is already available.

Apparently, it's so terrible and it's all so stuck in one place that I've put 110 hours into it since May just by accident. /s

My main problem is that you act as if no one but you noticed that the first season of Summer's Gone was not flawless, as if everyone was - literally - blind, stupid, ignorant. I'll help you, many of us are aware of its flaws, the only difference is that we find the first season enjoyable despite the flaws.

Winterstale

Oct 3, 2018
Epic= "heroic or grand in scale or character"
I am going with this defination sir, maybe it has other meaning which I am not aware of.

And believe it or not but I have actually played Leap of Faith, what a shock right?
It felt more like a slice of life, romance visual novel instead of a epic journey written by Drifty.

But again who am I to think logically, I am just an insecure person who try to hard too be funny and still fail miserably :(

Anyways I am so sorry sweet sir for offending you, believe me it wasn't my intention.
Oh dear, it seems we're diving deep into the "what's epic and what's not" debate. Grab some popcorn, folks.

First off, let's unpack that definition of "epic." You mentioned "heroic or grand in scale or character." Spot on! But let's not limit our understanding here. An "epic" isn't just about larger-than-life heroes battling ancient evils in some grand saga. It's about emotional depth, character development, and a narrative that takes you on a journey - sometimes on the scale of the universe, and other times within the heart of a single person.

Now, as for AVNs, claiming that none could be considered "epic" is like saying no animated movie could ever be profound because it's "just cartoons." It all comes down to what you're looking for and, more importantly, what you define as meaningful.

Take Summers Gone, for instance. On the surface, it might not have the trappings of a traditional epic with sprawling quests and celestial battles, but it delves deeply into themes of nostalgia, loss, and personal growth. The emotional depth and complexity of its narrative can be considered epic in the sense of its impact and scope within the human experience.

Or how about Where It All Began? It might not fit your "heroic" mold, but it offers a deep narrative with intricate character relationships that evolve over time. The story is complex, the choices matter, and the emotional impact is real. That’s another form of epic - one that resonates on a deeply personal level rather than through sheer scale.

Now, I can't help but notice your self-deprecating tone, suggesting you're "just an insecure person." Let’s not be too hard on ourselves. Sarcasm and humor can be great tools for discussion, but they can also deflect from the real conversation. Instead of diminishing your perspective, let’s engage with it. Your insights are valid, but dismissing an entire genre because it doesn’t fit one narrow definition of "epic" might just be a tad shortsighted, don't you think?

So, when you label certain AVNs as lacking in epicness, it might be worth considering that the epic can manifest in subtler forms.
And before we write off the AVN community as incapable of delivering epic stories, let’s broaden our horizons. After all, epic isn’t just about what’s on the screen - it’s about what it makes you feel...

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

Okay, so rather than discussing why Ocean is or isn't hiring people and why that's slowing him down or making him ineffective, and why should he if he's making bank with sweet ass renders (your own initial post), you're instead shifting the goal posts to blaming fans for the dev's behaviour. Who's the fanatic? You're just rehashing the same tired arguments about how long the dev time is. Well, sure, we know, we get it - no one in the thread actually would choose a longer dev time, but we get on with our lives while waiting. You've been here since 2017 and you're acting like this isn't a common thing in threads. Games that survive long dev times and still keep updating survive because ...enough people enjoy them.

So you don't enjoy SG, or you don't enjoy waiting for SG. You're in a rush and you don't like patience. I enjoy the game, and I can occupy myself by talking about the things I like about the game, speculate about the characters and the plot whatever. There's plenty of space for people to have different opinions, but here's one for you - fan's don't have to justify why they like something to anyone but themselves.

You haven't solved the SG rubix cube of conundrums, sorry. Either you like the game and you put up with how the process goes, or you throw your hands up in disgust and find a different game you can enjoy. No one here is really surprise about arguments about dev time, and you'd be surprised at how much smaller than zero the chances of Ocean ever reading your logic are. Go on his discord and talk with him if you're really wanting to light a fire under him and "hold him accountable" for the sake of every blue balled pirate in the 'zone. Just be prepared for what fanatics actually are like.

1.gif

I leave for one day and this thread goes into chaos mode...
Why don't you guys ever invite me to these rants?
I feel left out..
:cry:
Don't be sad, it goes in cycles, kinda like a counterpoint to the dev cycle. :coffee::whistle:

Last edited:

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
You are a very special kind, aren't you?

Are you a paying member? If yes, who is forcing you to pay for something you visibly hate, despise, etc. If not, what is your point with arguing?

You literally wrote a wall of text, and arguing endlessly, - and it seems with everybody - just because you want to prove your point, or try to change other peoples opinion on Summer's Gone. Whether Summer's Gone is completed in 1, 5, or 10 years is completely irrelevant, because I have zero influence over it. Besides, I can't know if I'll still be alive in a few days or not. I don't worry about things I have no control over. But until then, - without any regrets - I will enjoy the first season, which is already available.

Apparently, it's so terrible and it's all so stuck in one place that I've put 110 hours into it since May just by accident. /s

My main problem is that you act as if no one but you noticed that the first season of Summer's Gone was not flawless, as if everyone was - literally - blind, stupid, ignorant. I'll help you, many of us are aware of its flaws, the only difference is that we find the first season enjoyable despite the flaws.
Yes its called arguing endlessly and with everybody when im only answering to those who quote my comment, btw its called a forum, where im free to prove my point and answer to those that reflect on the things i wrote, but you can go ahead and ignore it.
Btw who other than the fans have any say/control over the development. And just a que for you if you don't pay for something still can have an opinion about, even if the fanatics don't agree with you(cause you know its a pirate forum).

Sep 26, 2023
Ocean gets tons of criticism because of the rework which is totally unreasonable because the rework improved the game massively
Aesthetically yes. But the writing ? No on the contrary it got worse. Now, some of the dialogues make no sense, because they are related with elements that were removed and the removal of some cinematics made many scenes choppy and messy, like Nami punching Bella out of nowhere.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Ocean gets tons of criticism because of the rework which is totally unreasonable because the rework improved the game massively, and if anyone thinks otherwise then they are delusional .

I was gonna ask if you had any mirrors in your house but you're not delusional, you ARE the delusion! The fact you don't even bother disguising that absurd statement as an opinion is baffling.

I just wish you had started your post calling LoF a "masterpiece" so I could safely ignore the rest of it.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
I think that Ocean deservedly gets tons of criticism because the reworks made the game worse. The game turned out to be ragged and illogical. To fix all this, the game needs to be remade again. It's good that Ocean said that he will not do reworks anymore.

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
Guys i think you better stop with these comments or the guards come and throw you out with comments like "A very cute scene when they are preparing to the first day if college, Grace Mesa: The Long Way is playing, Nami in the uniform, Noji says how beautiful Nami is, Nami's all lightens up from the praise." , or "i spent 100+h in this game so its good and we are moving fast enough" just stick to praising comments and feed their delusions. Pirate forums are not designed for negative criticism unless you pay for the stuff...

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Guys i think you better stop with these comments or the guards come and throw you out with comments like "A very cute scene when they are preparing to the first day if college, Grace Mesa: The Long Way is playing, Nami in the uniform, Noji says how beautiful Nami is, Nami's all lightens up from the praise." , or "i spent 100+h in this game so its good and we are moving fast enough" just stick to praising comments and feed their delusions. Pirate forums are not designed for negative criticism unless you pay for the stuff...
We are discussing the game and that is allowed. I respect everyone's opinions as long as they are opinions and not statements of fact.

But let's be very real here, it takes record breaking low levels of reading comprehension to make sense of the relationship between the MC and Nami in the "official" version published by Ocean. Straight up. Logic has left the chat on that one. Common sense ran for it's life on that one.

Now this is a statement and not an opinion: If the relationship between MC/Nami that Ocean published in the latest version is canon, THE ENTIRE SCRIPT NEEDS TO BE REWORKED in order to reflect and clarify that. Now I don't know if other languages have the same issue or not but if you play this in English and you don't notice the glaring issues you are either braindead, don't read the actual text or can't understand a lick of English. Period.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
We are discussing the game and that is allowed. I respect everyone's opinions as long as they are opinions and not statements of fact.

But let's be very real here, it takes record breaking low levels of reading comprehension to make sense of the relationship between the MC and Nami in the "official" version published by Ocean. Straight up. Logic has left the chat on that one. Common sense ran for it's life on that one.

Now this is a statement and not an opinion: If the relationship between MC/Nami that Ocean published in the latest version is canon, THE ENTIRE SCRIPT NEEDS TO BE REWORKED in order to reflect and clarify that. Now I don't know if other languages have the same issue or not but if you play this in English and you don't notice the glaring issues you are either braindead, don't read the actual text or can't understand a lick of English. Period.
let's keep the discussion in a very civil manner please !.
the Lord said " whosoever smiteth thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also " but if whosoever smiteth thee on thy gut .....Kick his Ass !.
giphy2.gif

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Guys, we're having so much fun today! They're playing my favorite comedy "Negative Nancy Walks into the Bar" here again.

And since some of you liked the description of one of my favorite scenes so much that you repeat it over and over again, you know, this one:

"A very cute scene when they are preparing to the first day in college, Grace Mesa: The Long Way is playing, Nami in the uniform, Noji says how beautiful Nami is, Nami's all lightens up from the praise."

I just can't help but follow this description with a screenshot, especially since, as we all learned today, all this time I liked the game only because of its visuals. Enjoy, guys!

screenshot0015.png

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
And it was created just for you man, after years of work you can observe and spend 100+ hours watching scenes like these, god bless what else do we need anyway? Do we even give a f about Summer? Maybe get to 3rd base or even 2nd with a LI after years? No we want reworks that fix visuals for us and extend scenes like these where Nojiko can say you look beautiful to Nami before going to uni. Epic is a word that is underused in this game.

• Haha
Reactions: Azeroth67000

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
I have no words left to describe the situation at the Cyrus house
tenor (1).gif
"A very cute scene when they are preparing to the first day in college, Grace Mesa: The Long Way is playing, Nami in the uniform, Noji says how beautiful Nami is, Nami's all lightens up from the praise."

I just can't help but follow this description with a screenshot, especially since, as we all learned today, all this time I liked the game only because of its visuals. Enjoy, guys!

View attachment 3924068
tenor.gif

4.30 star(s) 514 Votes