Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I periodically go to this place and see that everything is the same here. It's amazing how Yossa finds the energy to argue with Ocean "constructive critics", who are like a cult that aggressively tries to impose this agenda on others.
And I remembered something from my early youth. When I was a child, Jehovah's Witnesses were active in our region. They were very intrusive. They could pester you on the street with their idiotic magazines, they even came to your home and rang the doorbell with the question "Would you like to talk about God?" Luckily, these guys calmed down over time. But this hate cult of Ocean is very reminiscent of them. The same intrusiveness and, moreover, aggression towards those who don't share their little world.
Okay, you don't like the creator of the game and what he does. I can understand this. Like all normal people who don't like a game, you can simply unwatch the thread and leave silently, eor write once that you don't like it and then again, leave this place. But seriously, trying to win over those who like Ocean's work, trying to convince a fan that he likes the game "just for the visuals", calling fans of his work simps, ass-lickers, people in an echo chamber? This is obsessive, attention-seeking behavior "Hello, let's talk about the lying Devil and milker - Ocean!" It seems that some people are obsessed with their Holy Mission to convert people to the anti-Ocean movement, otherwise the end of the world will come.
Before you put me down as one of his fanboys - no, it's not, I admit Ocean has multiple problems, but I don't act like the developer of this game is Satan himself.
Seriously, to read any real information about the game, character and plot discussions, you have to dive into a sewer pit of filth to find anything worthwhile.
So, there is no need to try to convince people in this thread of anything, there is no point in repeating the same circlejerk 24/7. Here is a simple guide for those people who can't stand Ocean and SG. I always do this when I don't like a developer and where he is leading his project, and believe me, this works best:
111.PNG

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Take Summers Gone, for instance. On the surface, it might not have the trappings of a traditional epic with sprawling quests and celestial battles, but it delves deeply into themes of nostalgia, loss, and personal growth. The emotional depth and complexity of its narrative can be considered epic in the sense of its impact and scope within the human experience.
Maybe he hits these emotional inflection points purely by accident/intuition rather than design, and then overthinks it, but damn, I love those moments. They happen despite what's arround them (Sasha's moment while Nika's panicking is glorious, and completely divorced from the cluedo style of the bookclub, it happens in that context, but is apart from it, same as Nia's loneliness).
You guys nailed it. This is something I felt but couldn't formulate. The emotional impact and depth of the story is probably the deciding factor that let me put this game above any other AVN in my book.
Because I can name many games with graphics and animation that are no worse, with a more twisted plot, written in a much more literary style, with very appealing characters. But they all lack something, something that SG has.
The devilish "curse" that Ocean has been trying to use on us to put us under his spell is the art of audio-visual storytelling that I have called "cinematic" a couple of times already. He has been trying to use the full arsenal of the "tricks", the language that film directors have mastered through the history of film making to influence the viewers on subconscious level. Obviously, he is unable to use fully animated scenes 100% of time, that would make this an actual 3D CG movie, but he has been using the same audio-visual language on static imagery in this VN that film directors are using in the movies.

I can see through at least some of the "tricks" of the art he's been using to enhance the experience, amplifying all these feelings, empathy for the characters and immersion into some of the scenes. And I find it fascinating how effective it is even on static imagery of a VN.

At this time I don't know any other devs been using tools of audio-visual storytelling at this level and in as many scenes of their VN's as Ocean has. I know a few who have been trying and succeeding doing the same, but not at this level. And possibly being inspired by Oceans work, too.
You surely shouldn't try to compare him with guys like Stanley Kubrick or Steven Spielberg, but at least among the indie VN devs on F95, he has been the most skilled and dedicated one so far that I know of.

Of course, Oceans skills at 3D character modeling and writing (at least in English) and possibly some other skills individually may not be as great as the same skills of a few other devs, but he clearly beats them with his "film director" skills. Which makes me and obviously a bunch of other people (yes, we're all simps, Oceans dickriders and cocksuckers for getting "tricked" by him :Kappa:) to dismiss his flawed models, continuity errors, plot holes and imperfect writing skills for the "whole picture", for the piece of audio-visual art he has single-handedly managed to create.

Last edited:

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
I periodically go to this place and see that everything is the same here. It's amazing how Yossa finds the energy to argue with Ocean "constructive critics", who are like a cult that aggressively tries to impose this agenda on others.
And I remembered something from my early youth. When I was a child, Jehovah's Witnesses were active in our region. They were very intrusive. They could pester you on the street with their idiotic magazines, they even came to your home and rang the doorbell with the question "Would you like to talk about God?" Luckily, these guys calmed down over time. But this hate cult of Ocean is very reminiscent of them. The same intrusiveness and, moreover, aggression towards those who don't share their little world.
Okay, you don't like the creator of the game and what he does. I can understand this. Like all normal people who don't like a game, you can simply unwatch the thread and leave silently, eor write once that you don't like it and then again, leave this place. But seriously, trying to win over those who like Ocean's work, trying to convince a fan that he likes the game "just for the visuals", calling fans of his work simps, ass-lickers, people in an echo chamber? This is obsessive, attention-seeking behavior "Hello, let's talk about the lying Devil and milker - Ocean!" It seems that some people are obsessed with their Holy Mission to convert people to the anti-Ocean movement, otherwise the end of the world will come.
Before you put me down as one of his fanboys - no, it's not, I admit Ocean has multiple problems, but I don't act like the developer of this game is Satan himself.
Seriously, to read any real information about the game, character and plot discussions, you have to dive into a sewer pit of filth to find anything worthwhile.
So, there is no need to try to convince people in this thread of anything, there is no point in repeating the same circlejerk 24/7. Here is a simple guide for those people who can't stand Ocean and SG. I always do this when I don't like a developer and where he is leading his project, and believe me, this works best:
View attachment 3925619
Or you can just follow your own advice and ignore ppl that make negative comments so you won't have to look at other ppls post that you don't agree with on a public forum, which is designed for ppl to give feedback regardless of your opinion. I so like the way some ppl have the audacity to moderate others posts either because they don't agree with it or come up with reasons like you aint paying for it so you shouldn't have an opinion about it. Mind blowing, maybe try the devs discord if youre so fed up with public pirate forums.

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
You know what I find curious, that the protagonists almost never have their own house, they always have a landlady or landlord to have the excuse of sex.:HideThePain:
or Teacher or study buddy.....If you know the game..you know the game lol ;) *edit* that game takes thes bullshit "titles" to the extreme I swear lol

• Haha
Reactions: Ray_D

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
You know what I find curious, that the protagonists almost never have their own house, they always have a landlady or landlord to have the excuse of sex.:HideThePain:
which is double amusing, because of patreon.... they can't put in their full dick or pussy into these kinks without word fuckery lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Ray_D

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Or you can just follow your own advice and ignore ppl that make negative comments so you won't have to look at other ppls post that you don't agree with on a public forum, which is designed for ppl to give feedback regardless of your opinion. I so like the way some ppl have the audacity to moderate others posts either because they don't agree with it or come up with reasons like you aint paying for it so you shouldn't have an opinion about it. Mind blowing, maybe try the devs discord if youre so fed up with public pirate forums.
> I tell them that with your'll shitposting you are crossing all boundaries, behaving ridiculously and simply turning the thread into an unreadable garbage dump, having no respect for other forum members, giving them real advice on how to solve the problem.

> NOOOOOOO DON'T YOU DARE SHUT UP OUR MOUTHS, HOW DARE YOU MODERATE US! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, THIS IS AN OPINION! GO ON DISCORD!

...[Sigh] It's fucking useless...

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
So you're giving me real advice about how to solve my problem(which i shouldn't do, cause its a shitpost and crossing boundaries), while not doing what you recommended which is ignoring out what you don't like.... Ok i get you. its just as useless as u said, here is an advice think twice before writing down something before contradicting it right in your next comment.

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Yep, the ignore function can be a godsend! I have just a handful of members on my ignore list, but it greatly helps keep a nice disposition. As a funny coincidence, the guy you talked with has found his way onto my ignore list with good reason.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Hey guys, im experiencing a bug that i've never seen before. Basically i cant skip the scene where Nika kisses Nami and the animation keeps playing in an endless loop. Because of this im literally unable to keep playing the game if i want to follow Nami's route.

I have installed the Uncut Mod but the bug persist even after uninstalling it. Any ideas?
If you have Transitions or After Choices enabled try disabling them. Rollback a few renders and try skipping to the next scene. Try loading a previous save, if you dont have a manual one check if you have an auto save. Check any mods you might have. If none of that works I cant help :(

Reactions: vampires69'in

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Ever tried to reason with someone religiously convinced in his own righteousness? An anti-vaxxer? A homeopathist? A Jehovah's witness?
Yes, it is a cult. You tell them about inappropriate behavior, and in response you get "you just want to shut up the TRUTH!", "We have the right to an opinion." The opinion of calling game lovers ass-lickers from an echo chamber is apparently also included in "opinions".
What's interesting is that mods have repeatedly cleaned this thread and called them off, which doesn't stop them from coming back; no other popular AVN thread has anything like this.

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
I am actually curious about this one, cause it makes no sense to me. Why do you guys think Bella fall for the MC after they pretty much started by insulting each others most loved ones? Bella pranking Nami, while MC making comments about Bella's sister? Right after the first day, then go to the gym together in the next? Even inside Bellas house she dropped so many personal space, like changing in front of him and such... what made him be the one when in their first meeting she is clearly out of his league ( emo guy who just threatened her not to fool Nami once more). He actually looks like the guy thats going to come back tomorrow and blow the whole school up, still he gets everyone without trying?

4.30 star(s) 514 Votes