PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I am actually curious about this one, cause it makes no sense to me. Why do you guys think Bella fall for the MC after they pretty much started by insulting each others most loved ones? Bella pranking Nami, while MC making comments about Bella's sister? Right after the first day, then go to the gym together in the next? Even inside Bellas house she dropped so many personal space, like changing in front of him and such... what made him be the one when in their first meeting she is clearly out of his league ( emo guy who just threatened her not to fool Nami once more). He actually looks like the guy thats going to come back tomorrow and blow the whole school up, still he gets everyone without trying?
After all of this:

Screenshot 2024-08-12 201522.png

Screenshot 2024-08-12 201656.png

Why would Anyone who enjoys Summers Gone bother with attempting to have a discussion with you?

You have shown repeatedly that you Don't want a discussion - and this just feels like bait for more of your arguments and name calling.

So - NT - not bothering to attempt to have a discussion with you on this or any thread - You are not worth it.

Guess you will have to switch to another User id if you want to try for civil discussion...

Cheers!! :coffee:

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Don't worry about it bud... Everything is good. If anyone asks just take the blue pill. Stay in the Matrix! Blissful ignorance is underrated :LOL:

Don't go digging too deep, don't overthink it or ask too many questions. Just take the game and its story for what it is and you're gonna have a good time. Don't be like any of us lunatics that post too much in here.

Bless your favorite LI and fuck Zara and Nia in particular!

(Not literally 'cause eww)
I was never one to enjoy not knowing something but for now I guess it will have to be that way.
I´ll enjoy the game allright, I´m just sad there aren´t any lewds in Ch1. You can´t design girls like these and not give us something.

I can´t wait to understand why Zara and Nia can go fuck themselves.

Reactions: RNasc4444

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
I am actually curious about this one, cause it makes no sense to me. Why do you guys think Bella fall for the MC after they pretty much started by insulting each others most loved ones? Bella pranking Nami, while MC making comments about Bella's sister? Right after the first day, then go to the gym together in the next? Even inside Bellas house she dropped so many personal space, like changing in front of him and such... what made him be the one when in their first meeting she is clearly out of his league ( emo guy who just threatened her not to fool Nami once more). He actually looks like the guy thats going to come back tomorrow and blow the whole school up, still he gets everyone without trying?
The first time, when you go to the gym with Jeff, depending on your choice, You can see that Bella is not the cunt she makes herself to be. In the shower scene just after, you can choose to notice that Bella is not as bad as people think, and she's listening to that. Making those first choices at the start gives you positive relationship points with her. You can connect further with her by telling her the about Summer. Basically, she can see you are broken as she is, and pointing the similarities can improve your relationship with her.

If you don't like her and don't want to interact with her, she behaves differently. She doesn't change or get naked with you, and she is more aggressive.

It's clear that MC is an unpolished gem in the eyes of some girls. If you got the scene with Robin in the stall, you can overhear girls noticing you getting stronger, and talking about you beating the shit out of Sai. A girl even says she might claim you for herself before other girls notice your evolution.

And MC is not getting girls without trying. But his change in appearance, even his change in behavior, make some girl be interested in him. He's not getting a harem, and your choices make some girls inaccessible to you.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I was never one to enjoy not knowing something but for now I guess it will have to be that way.
It's mostly arguing about little things like continuity issues, lack of narrative coherence and lots of retconning that kept happening with each update of season 1. If you're playing the game for the first time now none of it is gonna matter to you because you lack a previous frame of reference so no point in worrying yourself with it. Just enjoy the game :)

Just a bit of a joke. I seriously dislike both characters due to their personalities. It's really not my thing. But it's a very unpopular opinion. Most players love them.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Amazing post as usual Bob. I agree on all counts. Feels like we keep rehashing the same stuff over and over again but I can't help it that they remain relevant. I can't help it if Ocean instead of fixing the glaring issues just keeps introducing new problems with each new update. That's how "Lost" (TV show) for example died for me. You can't answer 1 question then introduce 3 new questions right after. At some point the story can't sustain itself and viewers/readers/players lose interest.

Agreed. I relentlessly highlight the negatives because I believe that has greater odds for meaningful improvement then blindly praising it. It doesn't bother me that people LOVE this game and want to defend Ocean as long as they remain objective about it.

This is just blatant reaction farming from the big ol' Katie simp that lurks around these parts. Shame on you! :ROFLMAO:

Fucking agreed! It does start to seem like it doesn't it? I've been saying this shit for ages, the emotional heights this game was able to achieve consistently pre ch3.5 were amazing. It seems bland now by comparison. I still feel something here and there while playing it but it's so much more forced and soft and tame.

Question for the ages. Why is WiAB so much more sound, solid and competent in all aspects than SG? It's written by the same person. Story and dialogue by the same person as far as we know yet the quality disparity is glaring. There is only one explanation. Reworks. That's why I call this game Frankenstein's monster. It's barely more than a mishmash of scenes held together by hopes and prayers. By "turn your brain off" moments and a smidge of suspension of disbelief. With a side of retroactive changes of course. How does this help the story? How can you even claim "the rework improved the game massively" with a straight face unless all you do is look at the pretty renders and fuck everything else?
So I promised I'd try to remember all the things I replied and lost, I probably won't though :HideThePain:

Mostly I'm glad we're able to talk from the different viewpoints. My thought is that proper debate strengthens ideas. The big problem is that we're debating each other's ideas, and are powerless to implement the changes. We've all solved Ocean's problems here a thousand times over regards continuity, but the problems are still there, because no one in the thread has the power to enact a single good idea in the game. I guess that's where I lean in to the hope that Ocean wants the story to be popular and stand out from the crowd of 'bland mc goes to college and fucks around while not studying' games that are everywhere in the AVN world. He has to keep pushing SG to be more than just another college game. We'll see how successful he is in keeping something unique about SG and WiaB that keeps them standing out. That's a different discussion though, and this post will get too long.

The biggest issue with the 3 new questions as answers to 1 question is the continuity becomes harder. I'm okay with things being left to read between the lines in every drama - to me those are the best stories (not talking about landlady BS, but stuff liek why Summer is missing) because they stimulate imagination. The quality of the story then becomes important to me personally as I can only fill the gaps in with my imagination, and that's why we see so many theories - people love that their minds are stimulated to wonder the where/why/how. Sometimes we do need some answers though, and hopefully those revelations get dropped like the bombs they should be.

The emotional highlights are because Ocean managed (pre 3.5) to shock us with how aggressive character could be. Very few dialogues now have the fuck off mentality of earlier where characters would drop conversations halfway and storm off. Now we have Ayua threatening Nika rather than running off to Bella, because we need exposition I guess? Bella's breakdown is less impactful because she tries to complete her sentences logically rather than freak out and have a proper breakdown? Prior we had characters whose emotions were overwhelming, affecting their behaviour, now everyone reasons things out, Nika's panic attacks even seem more reasoned out. The solution is Ocean trusting that he doesn't need to outline everything with words, that we don't need an internal monolgue narrating everything just to make sure. It's like the images hidden in the background - you have to trust players notice what's really going on.

As to why WiaB is better - because it was reworked from the ground up (ignoring the latest info, we'll see how that fits or derails soon enough) while SG was retconned while moving forward. Ocean had to join before to after with SG, whil WiaB, he could bring in characters where they felt natural, cut what felt cringe without leaving holes etc. Also, as a narrative, we have far more questions in WiaB about the events of the world. In WiaB, we wonder about Emilio, because he's part of Leia's company, in WiaB, we'd just a source of plot points, we don't wonder about why he's there - he's just a convenient agent to deliver info to the player. WiaB doesn't have extras in the same way that SG does. As SG goes further, I'm sure Ocean will integrate the stories more - but someone like Emilio's story is told in WiaB, it's unnecessary to giv details in SG, which if SG is played standalone seems an oversight. I'm not pretending that the reworks haven't damaged as much as they've helped in SG, but the rework in WiaB wasn't problematic in the same way, because Ocean was starting from A and didn't have to arrive at render C, while in SG, he basically had to draw between the lines. By nature, he overstepped the bounds, and fleshed things out and created more continuity issues, which required more reworking. Some things should have just been re-rendered with the new assets rather than expanded, but the expansions where to correct other conituity problems, then when overzealous....

BUt he's leaving that alone. Maybe Nami will make more sense in S2 with Nika talking more about Nami and his past with Amber. I think that was always on the cards.

A SG chapter with lewd scenes ? Unacceptable! In all seriousness though, I feel that for the 5 LI that are explored in S1 we will have a natural progression of the intimacy between them and the MC, beyond just kisses. Nami and Bella are the one who are far ahead in this department, and is only fair that others get a little love. That said, I feel is to early to Zara, despite I wanting it, she still is conflicted about her feelings for Nika, feel that lewds with her are gonna take a little while.

I agree with everything that was said. But sadly I don't think that Ocean will address the many faults of S1, nor should he. The story needs to move forward and now that the reworks are done, I don't think that there is this much of good will left. It is a patched thing, where you can see where was cut and stitched together and some of this are done better than the others, is far from perfect but, it is what it is. About clarity... we got clarity in WiaB and well. For everyone who played it since Ch1 knows that SG was written with a idea in mind, and the reworks did little to deter this ideia, ambiguity is the only path left with the exception of others grands rewrites.
The natural intimacy is important. As much as I understand that some people like RNasc4444 believe Nami was ruined by the rework, both her and Amber have far more natural progressions. Timing is important - now that Nami's feelings are out in the open, sexy bathroom time and spa time will have a greater impact. And Ocean has better lewd skills now than when he did that assjob.

There's still holes in Nami's (in particular) path, but those can be filled in with further interaction. All it takes is for Ocean to keep moving forward and not second guessing it from this point. I think a director's cut of the first season once the game is done might be a thing, or Ocean will update the script when it's simple to do so. Right now the majority of th eproblems are things we remember haven't been revealed yet. There can be a new reveal of those things in S2 that can fill the gaps.

As far as the ambiguity, As AVN's in general lean more heavily on steam, my guess is that at some points a lot of the devs will start removing ambiguity... and we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that steam doesn't care provided it's appropriately labelled.

The devilish "curse" that Ocean has been trying to use on us to put us under his spell is the art of audio-visual storytelling that I have called "cinematic" a couple of times already. He has been trying to use the full arsenal of the "tricks", the language that film directors have mastered through the history of film making to influence the viewers on subconscious level. Obviously, he is unable to use fully animated scenes 100% of time, that would make this an actual 3D CG movie, but he has been using the same audio-visual language on static imagery in this VN that film directors are using in the movies.

I can see through at least some of the "tricks" of the art he's been using to enhance the experience, amplifying all these feelings, empathy for the characters and immersion into some of the scenes. And I find it fascinating how effective it is even on static imagery of a VN.

At this time I don't know any other devs been using tools of audio-visual storytelling at this level and in as many scenes of their VN's as Ocean has. I know a few who have been trying and succeeding doing the same, but not at this level. And possibly being inspired by Oceans work, too.
You surely shouldn't try to compare him with guys like Stanley Kubrick or Steven Spielberg, but at least among the indie VN devs on F95, he has been the most skilled and dedicated one so far that I know of.

Of course, Oceans skills at 3D character modeling and writing (at least in English) and possibly some other skills individually may not be as great as the same skills of a few other devs, but he clearly beats them with his "film director" skills. Which makes me and obviously a bunch of other people (yes, we're all simps, Oceans dickriders and cocksuckers for getting "tricked" by him :Kappa:) to dismiss his flawed models, continuity errors, plot holes and imperfect writing skills for the "whole picture", for the piece of audio-visual art he has single-handedly managed to create.
This is the thing. Ocean simply takes time to render multiple facial expressions for a conversation, different angles to the same scene. A lot of devs just use the same render for 10 lines, while Ocean has renders with eyes dilating, closeups of lips etc. It's not just that we know characters speak, we're shown how they feel about what they're saying, in all the subtleties. He also populates the background with dramas that have nothing to do with the main game (or yet? maybe) so there's always more depth to a scene, trying to find out if we should be paying attention to character X whose name we don't know. Most of it is Ocean playing with our lack of knowledge - he teases all the reveals, all the characters know more than us, so Ocean can keep with the subtle reveals.

The other thing is that Ocean knows that no render should be a filler. Every render has something to add. By delaying lewds, it's more apparent - Ocean is proud of how he manages to stage his renders. Some devs just walk their characters from A to B just for exposition and then focus on animating the lewds. Ocean actually likes his backdrops and the details of the clothes, the directions of the light, the focus, all of it. It's also part of his problem, because he obsesses over details a fair portion of posters consider irrelevant (but that still make up the reason they want lewds - can't have sexy renders without attention to detail).

I´ll enjoy the game allright, I´m just sad there aren´t any lewds in Ch1. You can´t design girls like these and not give us something.

mysteries are about to unfold
Better get used not knowing the things in the Oceanverse - it's a signature Ocean move. He doesn't like giving away answers, and it's spilled into the thread. :sneaky:

About lewds, well, Season 1 is its own thing. Ocean warned the whole time that it'd be a long time before the lewds appeared, even before the rework, the warning was there. It's still on the first page of the thread even if the blue ball police are no longer in the game. Only reason the blue ball police no longer exist is because in the normal world you don't warn people that there's no sex. I go to work, there's no blue ball police warning me I won't find sex, I go to the accountant, no BBP there, catch a train, etc. It's mostly normal to put up the 18+ sign to warn about sex... so yeah. I fully expect Ocean will have an 18+ render page ready for season 2 ch1.

Nia literally does, you'll find out, maybe season 2. :HideThePain:

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
Guys, we're having so much fun today! They're playing my favorite comedy "Negative Nancy Walks into the Bar" here again.

And since some of you liked the description of one of my favorite scenes so much that you repeat it over and over again, you know, this one:

"A very cute scene when they are preparing to the first day in college, Grace Mesa: The Long Way is playing, Nami in the uniform, Noji says how beautiful Nami is, Nami's all lightens up from the praise."

I just can't help but follow this description with a screenshot, especially since, as we all learned today, all this time I liked the game only because of its visuals. Enjoy, guys!

View attachment 3924068
a "Negative Nancy Walks into the Bar" No No No SIR !
the name of the game it's a "Debbie walks into a bar"..........

Debbie Downer.gif

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
i love how people still simp for this game lol Ocean should really rename this game to "College with Bella" because its been 5 years and we still dont have a clue as to what happen the titular character. all we get is that annoying bitch bella even if your trying to avoid her path.

Reactions: CriticalDecision

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
The natural intimacy is important. As much as I understand that some people like RNasc4444 believe Nami was ruined by the rework, both her and Amber have far more natural progressions. Timing is important - now that Nami's feelings are out in the open, sexy bathroom time and spa time will have a greater impact. And Ocean has better lewd skills now than when he did that assjob.

There's still holes in Nami's (in particular) path, but those can be filled in with further interaction. All it takes is for Ocean to keep moving forward and not second guessing it from this point. I think a director's cut of the first season once the game is done might be a thing, or Ocean will update the script when it's simple to do so. Right now the majority of th eproblems are things we remember haven't been revealed yet. There can be a new reveal of those things in S2 that can fill the gaps.

As far as the ambiguity, As AVN's in general lean more heavily on steam, my guess is that at some points a lot of the devs will start removing ambiguity... and we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that steam doesn't care provided it's appropriately labelled.
I fully agree over the intimacy and this is one of the things that I think Ocean does greatly, would hate to see it trowed out of widow over some lewd - nor do I think it has risk of it - Zara has showed that acts with out thinking and I believe that this render is her once gain letting her intrusive thought win, while naked in the jacuzzi.

Sadly I fully agree with RNasc4444 over Nami, well maybe not fully, as I don't think it is ruined but I disagree that her progression is better now. Personally, I believe it was much more natural before, she was constantly moving the line of what was okay until MC either deiced to accept or put a end to it, and it was a character trait of her, Nami now is much more tamed not only that she just deiced to dry hump him with out a escalation, Ocean did not cut it he just did not showed it. I don't think it is ruined but I can't say that I like this version more either.

I feel most of Nami holes will be filled as the story progress - I am well aware of how this sentence sounds and I stand by it in both meanings - as she is too much of a central character to not have them answered. This extents to most of the questions of S1, SG is aimed to be a fucking long game, I am fine with waiting for answers but I also think that good stories needs progression, and while I really like Ocean character work the story need to move, we had some of that in Ch5 but we still need more.

Honestly I don't know if I want a directors cut of S1, in 15 years time, I don't fault Ocean too much over how it came to be, you can feel the frustration over it while playing, the man did not have more patience for it. I can only speculate but I fell that SG only fully realized in Ocean mind around Ch4 and when doing the rework he saw that 3 and 3.5 also need adjusted, tried to power it thorough and at some point said, "that is it I am done". About the ambiguity, well, it is what it is I can live with it. I just am not sure if devs will want to trade Patreon over Steam, Steam may be big money but Patreon is more reliable.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I fully agree over the intimacy and this is one of the things that I think Ocean does greatly, would hate to see it trowed out of widow over some lewd - nor do I think it has risk of it - Zara has showed that acts with out thinking and I believe that this render is her once gain letting her intrusive thought win, while naked in the jacuzzi.

Sadly I fully agree with RNasc4444 over Nami, well maybe not fully, as I don't think it is ruined but I disagree that her progression is better now. Personally, I believe it was much more natural before, she was constantly moving the line of what was okay until MC either deiced to accept or put a end to it, and it was a character trait of her, Nami now is much more tamed not only that she just deiced to dry hump him with out a escalation, Ocean did not cut it he just did not showed it. I don't think it is ruined but I can't say that I like this version more either.

I feel most of Nami holes will be filled as the story progress - I am well aware of how this sentence sounds and I stand by it in both meanings - as she is too much of a central character to not have them answered. This extents to most of the questions of S1, SG is aimed to be a fucking long game, I am fine with waiting for answers but I also think that good stories needs progression, and while I really like Ocean character work the story need to move, we had some of that in Ch5 but we still need more.

Honestly I don't know if I want a directors cut of S1, in 15 years time, I don't fault Ocean too much over how it came to be, you can feel the frustration over it while playing, the man did not have more patience for it. I can only speculate but I fell that SG only fully realized in Ocean mind around Ch4 and when doing the rework he saw that 3 and 3.5 also need adjusted, tried to power it thorough and at some point said, "that is it I am done". About the ambiguity, well, it is what it is I can live with it. I just am not sure if devs will want to trade Patreon over Steam, Steam may be big money but Patreon is more reliable.
I'm outta reacts, so a quick reply, I mostly agree, but with Nami, the important part of her path is the uncertainty that she isn't alone, and that she is masking herself because Nika is 'more' damaged. She's hiding from those closest to her, hiding her feelings and her extroversion is a form of masking.

The important things that were lost (in my opinion) were the morning after bed scene, because it shows she's trying so hard to be the master pervert and gross him out (just like she does with the espresso, she has to be more extreme to prove she belongs) and the way the discussion when she found out about Nick went, I think the rework is more appropriate, but loses the raw vulnerability there. After the rework, instead we have Nami not snitching Nika out if you go on the heist, showing how she'll even cover for his bullshit, and has his back even when she's angry at him, and we have the talk on the bike that shows a vulnerability as well as revealing a plot point - Nika has some form of criminal record.

The other thing we gain is seeing that so much of Nami is an act she's switching between two different personalities, and Nika recognises it, as she's been put in a situation where she finally has to share Nika with other girls. She's not used to it, and she didn't cope with sharing it when Summer was around. Most of Nami's uncertainty stems from her relationship with Nika. It makes her pulling away when he comes on strong more believable, especially as she's seen how all the other girls are reacting to him. Previously her reticence after the kiss and in Ch5 felt like a pulling back from her character, After all, up to that point she's the one agressively arguing agains people's opinions, and being the courageous one. Now to me it feels like a linear escalation of the indicisive and uncertain tendencies I've seen from start to finish, she doesn't know what she wants, or won't admit it.

I don't mention the spa, simply because I personally saw it as fan service rather than a genuine lewd from the story progression. I know a lot of europeans have the public bathing nudity thing going on, but a sex act at that time in someone else's house when you're trying to make a good impression? It was a lewd for the sake of having a lewd in the game, we already know from the lake Nami can get him chubby. I have no problem with that, but I do believe the bathroom scene will be far more interesting, and easier for them to hide from Zara/Vanessa/Mila. Scratch that, there's no hiding from Vanessa.

So we win and lose. The loses can be added back in in future chapters in different scenes. There will be equivalent moments to build raw vulnerable moments - Nami's tears when she's overwhelmed when you chose her path is far more raw and vulnerable than the earlier scene. I'm also not denying that for some people these scenes were important, but in the terms of a story arc with 80% left to go, I think they're actually minor and can build more naturally over the next 80%, even if some lovely moments disappeared.

Works in progress are very much a play at your own risk thing.

Edit:

Previous Nami: A quirky girl with a high libido who knows how to turn a man on, isn't shy about getting close and pushing boundaries with the guy she likes. She can easily watch porn with him, offers to teach him how to sexually satisfy Bella, can easily pet and French kiss him while waking up half naked in the same bed. Tells her friend Nia at the gym that she has no sexual experience. Says she's a virgin at the movie night with Vic and Mila.

Today Nami: A quirky girl with a high libido who is just learning how to turn a man on, wants to get closer to the guy she likes, and is testing the waters by pushing the boundaries a little. She seems to be slowly being guided by her more sexually experienced friend Nia, so she cautiously tries new things with Nika, without yet making it an outright invitation to fuck her right away. Tells Nia at the gym that she has no sexual experience. Says she's a virgin at a movie night with Vic and Mila.

I don't know, I'm fine with both options, but I think the previous Nami is more of a lewd game character.
Reaction limit: Exactly, well put. Lewd action figure Nami I found unattractive, current Nami I feel more protective of and more attracted to. But it's a personal reaction.

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Sadly I fully agree with @RNasc4444 over Nami, well maybe not fully, as I don't think it is ruined but I disagree that her progression is better now. Personally, I believe it was much more natural before, she was constantly moving the line of what was okay until MC either deiced to accept or put a end to it, and it was a character trait of her, Nami now is much more tamed not only that she just deiced to dry hump him with out a escalation, Ocean did not cut it he just did not showed it. I don't think it is ruined but I can't say that I like this version more either.
Previous Nami: A quirky girl with a high libido who knows how to turn a man on, isn't shy about getting close and pushing boundaries with the guy she likes. She can easily watch porn with him, offers to teach him how to sexually satisfy Bella, can easily pet and French kiss him while waking up half naked in the same bed. Tells her friend Nia at the gym that she has no sexual experience. Says she's a virgin at the movie night with Vic and Mila.

Today Nami: A quirky girl with a high libido who is just learning how to turn a man on, wants to get closer to the guy she likes, and is testing the waters by pushing the boundaries a little. She seems to be slowly being guided by her more sexually experienced friend Nia, so she cautiously tries new things with Nika, without yet making it an outright invitation to fuck her right away. Tells Nia at the gym that she has no sexual experience. Says she's a virgin at a movie night with Vic and Mila.

I don't know, I'm fine with both options, but I think the previous Nami is more of a lewd game character.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
You know what I find curious, that the protagonists almost never have their own house, they always have a landlady or landlord to have the excuse of sex.:HideThePain:
Stop playing these fucking college games with these fucking freshman MCs!
I mean, you're still allowed to play SG.

Unrecover

Mar 6, 2019
If i want to fully see all the content from old chapter to latest with nsfw, what version am i need to download, steam version chapter 5 beta or the uncut mod, pls help,

4.30 star(s) 514 Votes