Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
I'm outta reacts, so a quick reply, I mostly agree, but with Nami, the important part of her path is the uncertainty that she isn't alone, and that she is masking herself because Nika is 'more' damaged. She's hiding from those closest to her, hiding her feelings and her extroversion is a form of masking.

The important things that were lost (in my opinion) were the morning after bed scene, because it shows she's trying so hard to be the master pervert and gross him out (just like she does with the espresso, she has to be more extreme to prove she belongs) and the way the discussion when she found out about Nick went, I think the rework is more appropriate, but loses the raw vulnerability there. After the rework, instead we have Nami not snitching Nika out if you go on the heist, showing how she'll even cover for his bullshit, and has his back even when she's angry at him, and we have the talk on the bike that shows a vulnerability as well as revealing a plot point - Nika has some form of criminal record.

The other thing we gain is seeing that so much of Nami is an act she's switching between two different personalities, and Nika recognises it, as she's been put in a situation where she finally has to share Nika with other girls. She's not used to it, and she didn't cope with sharing it when Summer was around. Most of Nami's uncertainty stems from her relationship with Nika. It makes her pulling away when he comes on strong more believable, especially as she's seen how all the other girls are reacting to him. Previously her reticence after the kiss and in Ch5 felt like a pulling back from her character, After all, up to that point she's the one agressively arguing agains people's opinions, and being the courageous one. Now to me it feels like a linear escalation of the indicisive and uncertain tendencies I've seen from start to finish, she doesn't know what she wants, or won't admit it.

I don't mention the spa, simply because I personally saw it as fan service rather than a genuine lewd from the story progression. I know a lot of europeans have the public bathing nudity thing going on, but a sex act at that time in someone else's house when you're trying to make a good impression? It was a lewd for the sake of having a lewd in the game, we already know from the lake Nami can get him chubby. I have no problem with that, but I do believe the bathroom scene will be far more interesting, and easier for them to hide from Zara/Vanessa/Mila. Scratch that, there's no hiding from Vanessa.
a few scenes lost the raw emotions and impact with the re-writes and the spa scenes came out of nowhere and felt dumb.

the spa scene would've happened once Mc was living with Zara and Vanessa and should've been at a consequence of either Zara and Mc trying to 1 up each other (because of their competitive nature) or Vanessa and Mc pushing each others butons (because of their manipulative nature) .

justin-timbelake-stare.gif

Reactions: RNasc4444

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Charges were mentioned, not prison time or a conviction - he's got a clean rep when Ceril checks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(y) Damn RL. Yeah, righ, it was charge. Still i'm not ruling out Dr.TSoni's opinion that Nika's behavior could land him in jail.
Especially if he hangs out with Bella too much :KEK:

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
That mouse is gonna come back with a Vengeance.
"You want some bibi"
(y) Damn RL. Yeah, righ, it was charge. Still i'm not ruling out Dr.TSoni's opinion that Nika's behavior could land him in jail.
Yeah....his I'm bored,just petty revenge isn't enough gonna fuck over this whole family for funsies,will land his ass in prison if he doesn't fuck off lol.

Reactions: Dr.TSoni

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The son of a non-Zane is a non-Zane himself
XD
It's impossible to disagree with this. :coffee::whistle:

a few scenes lost the raw emotions and impact with the re-writes and the spa scenes came out of nowhere and felt dumb.

the spa scene would've happened once Mc was living with Zara and Vanessa and should've been at a consequence of either Zara and Mc trying to 1 up each other (because of their competitive nature) or Vanessa and Mc pushing each others butons (because of their manipulative nature) .

View attachment 3927069
Yep, maybe that's why Ocean gives us a preview of Zara in the spa. Nami has a far more intimate moment in the bathroom, almost candle lit. It'll be interesting to see how things develop now we're over S1. The good thing about Ocean getting heavily into season 2 is season 1 gets pushed away from the front of his mind and he's more likely to just keep going forward. Maybe he'll fix some of the script things when he's doing the translations though. He's already pushed updates to steam for some minor typos I believe.

The raw impact being lost, I don't mind, because I like the idea that the impacts get greater the more we interact with the characters. The criticism of how quickly people get to know one another is valid, but it's also unavoidable. I think Ocean's idea with Amber is the right one, establish her as a believable character rather than establish her lewd creds. But it's hard to forget things we've seen over the years as though they didn't happen.

Most likely narrow escapes, due to Vanessa's influence over Mario for what we've seen. But Bella will get him into trouble in some fashion.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
Yeah....his I'm bored,just petty revenge isn't enough gonna fuck over this whole family for funsies,will land his ass in prison if he doesn't fuck off lol.
Most likely narrow escapes, due to Vanessa's influence over Mario for what we've seen. But Bella will get him into trouble in some fashion.
Maybe in Bella's end we'll have a time jump to 10 years later with the two of them breaking out of prison to escape to Mexico

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Maybe in Bella's end we'll have a time jump to 10 years later with the two of them breaking out of prison to escape to Mexico
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK: Damn RL.
Or maybe 10 years later, Bella returns from prison to find out that there have been substitute in the Team von Halen, and the comatose von Halen has now awaken and tamed the wormy.
(y) Yeah, if only his self-confidence matched his capabilities.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Why are there no images since you choose between “Go to bella/Stay at home”, after the argument with Bella over the photo in her bedroom?
Most likely because you've got an incompatible patch. Missing images a usually because the patch is for a different version of the game. If you're playing s1 full, you can't use a patch for ch5 beta etc.

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
After all of this:

View attachment 3925952

View attachment 3925954

Why would Anyone who enjoys Summers Gone bother with attempting to have a discussion with you?

You have shown repeatedly that you Don't want a discussion - and this just feels like bait for more of your arguments and name calling.

So - NT - not bothering to attempt to have a discussion with you on this or any thread - You are not worth it.

Guess you will have to switch to another User id if you want to try for civil discussion...

Cheers!! :coffee:
Ok so writing this in the kindest way to not offend you. Let me tell you something, the comments that you just screenshoted, do you know what are those? Answers to each of yours quotes. I wasn't me, but you who inisiated an argument and called names, i only reacted to you guys and asked questions back, where none of them were answered. I wanted a conversation, you wanted an argument.

Now i know you got offended that i actually toke time and answered to each of you, or to the msgs that were directed towards me, and unlike you i was able to defend my points not come up with new ones in each posts. But i let it rest... you were never the target for my questions anyway. Cheers to you too, was probably my last time RESPONDING to you.

(Interesting to see when i ask a genuine question about the game and not state a negative comment is the first time you decide im not worth to respond to)

Reactions: vireker

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Ok so writing this in the kindest way to not offend you. Let me tell you something, the comments that you just screenshoted, do you know what are those? Answers to each of yours quotes. I wasn't me, but you who inisiated an argument and called names, i only reacted to you guys and asked questions back, where none of them were answered. I wanted a conversation, you wanted an argument.

Now i know you got offended that i actually toke time and answered to each of you, or to the msgs that were directed towards me, and unlike you i was able to defend my points not come up with new ones in each posts. But i let it rest... you were never the target for my questions anyway. Cheers to you too, was probably my last time RESPONDING to you.

(Interesting to see when i ask a genuine question about the game and not state a negative comment is the first time you decide im not worth to respond to)
Well, I'll bite. You've been here since 2017, and you have such a small post count, yet you don't know what dev cycles are common on the bigger games? 7 years is a lot of downloads, a lot of finding out how many times games get abandoned. It's odd to see someone shout about the sky falling because of the dev when they've been around as long as the site says you have. Your post count suggests you decided to break a vow of silence you put in place at some point... yesterday was probably your single most active day posting here.

Ignoring that, because heck we all find our way to the threads we want to engage with. Getting back to the question about Bella.

I am actually curious about this one, cause it makes no sense to me. Why do you guys think Bella fall for the MC after they pretty much started by insulting each others most loved ones? Bella pranking Nami, while MC making comments about Bella's sister? Right after the first day, then go to the gym together in the next? Even inside Bellas house she dropped so many personal space, like changing in front of him and such... what made him be the one when in their first meeting she is clearly out of his league ( emo guy who just threatened her not to fool Nami once more). He actually looks like the guy thats going to come back tomorrow and blow the whole school up, still he gets everyone without trying?
There's a couple of things in play. First, the sped up timeline. We don't see the contents of classes, or the majority of boring mundane events. It's like a tv episode, Ocean, just like every dev, cuts the time to condense the story into a series of events. This means the time to develop relationships is shortened. People already claim it's too slow because Nika's peepee hasn't done anything. So Ocean has to balance between the story he wants to tell, and a fan base who want and AVN, not just a VN.

So that explains the condensed time, but the process of them going from enemies to an item? Remember the flashbacks with Summer - Nika fought with her, then they became an item, there was a change of perception, like with Nami later. Ocean's using it to show a pattern. Nika and Bella have so much in common (in their dysfunction) that they think they're enemies. Same process as with Summer, both Nika and Bella realise the other person is interesting. Maybe it's the scent thing, the pheromones, whatever. Proximity. They're forced together by a plot devic (the project) then Nika develops a need to redeem his general shittiness towards prodding Bella, so they bond over the break in. Is it believable? Not really. But neither is any movie with people forced together.

What is less believable is Nika beating up Sai and then they behave while at training, no should checks or any aggression.

One of the differences is that Ocean (again) realises his audience want the sexy time faster than the plot is ready to deliver it, so girls go topless as though it's super common, people have a casual relationship with nudity. This is just treated as a Wollust thing, the world behaves that way because it's part of the physics of the fantasy.

The last point, his hobbo school shooter vibe was a sign that he's being forced to leave his past behind, to stop the atrophy. The whole interest of the LI's in him is due to Bella's interest initially, while Ayua knows Nami's earring means something. With Ayua and Sasha on board, all of the elites will pay attention because those three are paying him attention.

Again, it's a soap opera vibe, it's melodrama. The thing isn't the plausibility of the circumstances but the reactions. Ocean has to set up the situation quickly with each, even with the story being long. You'll see the false familiarity again with Zara and Vanessa getting naked, Zara dropping her aggression and suddenly getting all touchy feely after one dinner. This is just a function of necessity. Ocean could write render with '3 months later', but there's no real value in that. We just have to suspend our disbelief.

Most of season 1 is effectively putting the pieces on the board. I expect more of the personal interactions we started seeing in ch4 and ch5 to be from here - things that are more plausible, and so more genuine. I could easily say 'Bella's unhinged, so she and Nika develop asuper quick stockholm syndrome!' or I can just accept that it happened purely to set up the starting point, like any fable, any movie.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
It's mostly arguing about little things like continuity issues, lack of narrative coherence and lots of retconning that kept happening with each update of season 1. If you're playing the game for the first time now none of it is gonna matter to you because you lack a previous frame of reference so no point in worrying yourself with it. Just enjoy the game :)

Just a bit of a joke. I seriously dislike both characters due to their personalities. It's really not my thing. But it's a very unpopular opinion. Most players love them.
Well, I guess I´ll carry on then. Thank you for answering.

Reactions: RNasc4444

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
There's a couple of things in play. First, the sped up timeline. We don't see the contents of classes, or the majority of boring mundane events. It's like a tv episode, Ocean, just like every dev, cuts the time to condense the story into a series of events. This means the time to develop relationships is shortened. People already claim it's too slow because Nika's peepee hasn't done anything.
Ocean spends a year of real life to develop one day in the game. We are given a schedule that tells us when we go to Victoria, when to Nia, etc. We have been waiting for 3 years for the training with Ayua, which is supposed to take place on Sunday. We'll probably see the arrival of the women's basketball team at this rate in 10 years, if we're lucky. You call all this an accelerated timeline?

4.30 star(s) 514 Votes