vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
Victoria got hit by a speeding car the same day she is being wheelchaired out cant walk and cuts. That's it then I guess a week later she's in school. That scene had no true emotion. In the previews shows her is a hospital bed unconscious with Maja laying her head on her bed in tears. Very impactful and emotional would be a waste not to use it. So if she by chance needs surgery and we have that scene it will pull some emotions. Mila in the preview has a big bruise on her collarbone, but in the kitchen she has a bruise on her hip from being hit by the ash tray. If they showed the neck bruise it would have been more impactful cause it would has shown visually how dangerous her situation is. Bruise on hip doesn't lessen the danger but the neck would have pushed the situation harder since it cause it would have shown inches more it could have serious damage if not death. Those 2 scenes if played in one would have been more impactful and they could still be impactful in 2.
Gotcha, thanks for the reply.

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
I respect his choice but there will never be a good story this way and we all know ocean is a perfectionist .....

I dont know a single big VN that was able to create a good story with this much limitations

The only believable drama (bad ending ) that you could maybe creat is woman catfight which one gets mc dick ... but thats not the perfectionistic story I would espect from ocean ....

I will wait and see what ocean will come up with or if he will just do the same like the big other VN that go the same direction

At least WIAB has potential hope we get this cyberpunk edgerunner vibe / feel with WIAB at least ...because I need a big VN that actually is upredictable a d gets the story / drama/ dark thems / emotions / jeliousy/ betrayle .... and so on right you know the things you nedd to creat a good story ...

(And btw I hate 99% of ntr games ... the predeictable thing goes in both directions most ntr games have terrible story aswell and are very pretictable story wise so NO I dont want turn SG into full NTR gane neather WIAB....)
No offense bro, but I really get the impression from your post that every possible conflict you can imagine revolves around the MC's dick. :KEK:

But even now, Summer's Gone is full of topics that have the potential for future conflicts, dramas, power plays, and all the shit the author can come up with.

Rivalry between athlets. Poor vs Rich. Bullying. Rivalry between The Families. The characters' coming to independent adult life and struggle with hardships and problems. It's not like the conflict with Holgerson is resolved already.

Heck, even the damn healing is still a topic. Maybe MC can fail along the way and return to his old crazy self. Or let Vic down. Isn't this a bad ending?

Not all conflicts and dramas have to be about jealousy, cheating, and hunt for a fresh pussy. :KEK:

mommysboiii

Engaged Member
Oct 17, 2019
No offense bro, but I really get the impression from your post that every possible conflict you can imagine revolves around the MC's dick. :KEK:

But even now, Summer's Gone is full of topics that have the potential for future conflicts, dramas, power plays, and all the shit the author can come up with.

Rivalry between athlets. Poor vs Rich. Bullying. Rivalry between The Families. The characters' coming to independent adult life and struggle with hardships and problems. It's not like the conflict with Holgerson is resolved already.

Heck, even the damn healing is still a topic. Maybe MC can fail along the way and return to his old crazy self. Or let Vic down. Isn't this a bad ending?

Not all conflicts and dramas have to be about jealousy, cheating, and hunt for a fresh pussy. :KEK:
Ok maybe I explain this wrong not the best in english

But as soon as you cater to a certain audiance we are not only talking about the bad name you shall not name :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you have so many story limitations ... someone has a bf?? Not possible ... another bf kiss his gf ( not mc ) not possible .... landlord :rolleyes:has a husband?well you know the drill....

As soon as you cater to them you have 1000 of limitations and you will never make a good story around this ...

Its like saying to the game of thrones author well ... we need to remove this scene and that scene ... and well this is not cozy enough for the save space erotic audiance ... ohh this guy?? He has bigger dick than mc remove him.... that guy betrays mc ??? Well remove him... ohh that wife cheated on mc?? Well we just rewrite that part ... ohh here a cheracter dies .. well lets make her immortal how about that.....

Its litterly impossible to creat a good story like this

And all the things you named withrivalary ,bullying and so on ..... they dont matter if you know what will happen before the conflict even started:rolleyes::rolleyes:you already know mc cant lose so if there is any tension at all... you already know who comes out as winner?? Yeah mc... and it willcreat fake drama/ competition over and over again a d well this was a close win .... wow anoter win .... wow what aunespected win..... well mc won again??? Did not espect that one ...... you get the point.... rivals are pretty boring if they cant compete with mc...

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019

sushichaeng-stinky-pussy.gif

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Again I like the game

hope prople dont understand it wrong but alot/ almost all big VN I tried to play try to Make a save space in erotic VN like it dosent matter which options you choose there will always be another hot female woman waiting for MC 8 inch throbbing cock :rolleyes: male cheracters? Comprtition well just dont exist like partys full of females or just a full female college?? Personalities with different female cheracters like the typical slutty cheerleader queen all the sudden got her experince over night and also only acts slutty with mc or changer her whole personalitie .... and so on you get the picture...

The problem from a storytelling perspective is the unexpected stuff and (losing) the reason why game of thrones was so exiting for example red weeding was fucked up but I was never expecting it to happen ,same with competition,deaths....
You alwayd sit infront of tv and tremble from exitment not knowing what will happrn and VN just dont catch this felling

Becauae they center too much around MC and save space for the erotic player that dont want to (lose) the problem with this approch is that we will never see a VN with a good story this way ....

thats why I think all this things are important .....
Now I am in a weird place, because I agree with you, conflict and tension is at the heart of every good story and most AVNs has a serious lack of both and is just sex scenes held together by the excuse of a plot. Part of it is that AVNs appeal to the male fantasy, parts is that most devs does not has prior written experience so they make big mistakes, it does not matter, it is a weakness of the media and I also would like to have less of it and more engaging stories. That said. I don't think that the only form to add this elements is by have male competitors for the LIs - I like the ideia - but there are AVNs that don't have those but are engaging stories as well, because their characters are well written, their plot is good and consistent , the ideia of a antagonist that can - not will, but can- steal your LI or that you can somehow fail the game is one that I like. I just don't think it is the only one.

As far as SG goes, I fully expect that we will experience consequences for the choices we made, we had some of it and several hints already, how deep is goes and how hard it will hit, only time can tell. But I don't think that Ocean has written a story where you will get away with bad choices.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019

But as soon as you cater to a certain audiance we are not only talking about the bad name you shall not name :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you have so many story limitations ... someone has a bf?? Not possible ... another bf kiss his gf ( not mc ) not possible .... landlord :rolleyes:has a husband?well you know the drill....

As soon as you cater to them you have 1000 of limitations and you will never make a good story around this ...

Its like saying to the game of thrones author well ... we need to remove this scene and that scene ... and well this is not cozy enough for the save space erotic audiance ... ohh this guy?? He has bigger dick than mc remove him.... that guy betrays mc ??? Well remove him... ohh that wife cheated on mc?? Well we just rewrite that part ... ohh here a cheracter dies .. well lets make her immortal how about that.....

And all the things you named withrivalary ,bullying and so on ..... they dont matter if you know what will happen before the conflict even started:rolleyes::rolleyes:you already know mc cant lose so if there is any tension at all... you already know who comes out as winner?? Yeah mc... and it willcreat fake drama/ competition over and over again a d well this was a close win .... wow anoter win .... wow what aunespected win..... well mc won again??? Did not espect that one ...... you get the point.... rivals are pretty boring if they cant compete with mc...
Ocean is limited by Patreon. His other game, WIAB, has been nuked out of patreon. He had to make adjustment in order to not lose SG patreon, as well as steam release.

His story will unroll the way he wants, not because he caters to his audience. He said, multiple time, that the game is not a date sim. And yet, he confirmed that there's different type of couple. Even throuple with two males. Capture d'écran 2024-09-09 191026.png

The aspect of the game is healing, whether it's mentally or physically. The drama will unfold and Ocean already set the base for it.
If your issue is that “the MC will win at the end”… well yeah, that's the point of most stories. The MC wins. But there's a difference between being untouchable, and losing battles, but winning at the end.

When Bella and MC plotted to fuck with the Holderson family, it ended in major failure. They didn't get anything out of it; they broke a woman who didn't do anything to them. Mila got fucked in the process because she was accused of what MC and Bella did when they stole money and the Heirloom. Adding insult to injury, their attempt at manipulating Mario's girlfriend ended up as a flop
as well, when MC noticed that she was way smarter that Bella thought she was.

You can't say that's a win now, can you?

Last edited:

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
Ocean is limited by Patreon. His other game, WIAB, has been nuked out of patreon. He had to make adjustment in order to not lose SG patreon, as well as steam release.

His story will unroll the way he wants, not because he caters to his audience. He said, multiple time, that the game is not a date sim. And yet, he confirmed that there's different type of couple. Even throuple with two males. View attachment 4016684

The aspect of the game is healing, whether it's mentally or physically. The drama will unfold and Ocean already set the base for it.
If your issue is that “the MC will win at the end”… well yeah, that's the point of most stories. The MC wins. But there's a difference between being untouchable, and losing battles, but winning at the end.

When Bella and MC plotted to fuck with the Holderson family, it ended in major failure. They didn't get anything out of it; they broke a woman who didn't do anything to them. Mila got fucked in the process because she was accused of what MC and Bella did when they stole money and the Heirloom. Adding insult to injury, their attempt at manipulating Mario's girlfriend ended up as a flop
as well, when MC noticed that she was way smarter that Bella think she was.

You can't say that's a win now, can you?
Yes, that's right, and already now, the more the MC behaves like an asshole, the more people turn away from him. I can easily imagine a bad ending where he ends up alone and even Nami turns her back on him.

I'm sure a lot can be done with the basketball storyline, he can become the type of leader he talked about to Zara on the tennis court or get star fever, push everyone away from him and end up being kicked off the team (sweet One Tree Hill...).

In short, I don't see any reason why MC couldn't fuck up everything and crawl back into his mental shell he came out of in the beginning of the game. I don't think the winning ending is imminent.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Yes, that's right, and already now, the more the MC behaves like an asshole, the more people turn away from him. I can easily imagine a bad ending where he ends up alone and even Nami turns her back on him.

I'm sure a lot can be done with the basketball storyline, he can become the type of leader he talked about to Zara on the tennis court or get star fever, push everyone away from him and end up being kicked off the team (sweet One Tree Hill...).

In short, I don't see any reason why MC couldn't fuck up everything and crawl back into his mental shell he came out of in the beginning of the game. I don't think the winning ending is imminent.
Exactly. For example, if you don't train, you'll lose the tennis game and Zara will be angry at you, furthermore, Aziz won't tell you that you're on the list of potential for the first team.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Still on this idea of MC always wining, not all stories needs to be ASOIAF, where you are unsure of who will win. This is are fantastic stories but I don't think anyone would call LotR of WoT bad stories for following the typical fantasy tropes, sometimes is not about
the uncertainty of who will come up on top but the journey and the sacrifices that the character has to made for achieve the win. Be Sam carrying a almost dead Frodo to the top of the mountain or Rand losing his humanity to defeat Shaitan, sometimes your MC can win but the cost of wining is much higher than he ever thought, as I hope it will be the case in WiaB. There is not only one way to tell the a story, and while I share of your frustrations with AVNs in general, I don't think we should force a square in a circle hole. Different media will tell different stories and each will have weakness and strengths, and while I fully agree with your premisses that as a media AVNs has a lack of conflicts and tension and rely too much in male fantasy and would benefit with more bold stories instead of cater to the most sensitive of audiences. Luckily I don't think we have to worry about it with SG, Ocean does not seems much concern with it.

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020

No, it's not Ocean. If a girl is not LI, then nothing prevents her from dating other people. Noji is not LI, so she can perfectly well date Nick and kiss him in public (I'm not sure about kissing, too lazy to check, but there was definitely hugging, right?).

Actually, as I recall, Ocean went even further, by his definition, if the MC explicitly rejects a certain girl and makes it clear to the game that he is not interested in her, she loses her LI status and can start dating others. So in my opinion, if you keep pushing Nami towards Jeff (for example, asking Jeff at the bar to keep an eye on Nami), I do not rule out that they can end up a couple.

I don't see many limitations here, unless you're into cucking, cheating and such things.

SG has more male characters than many popular games so far. The death of one of the lead characters is a controversial topic, I'm not sure it makes the story better. Many good stories do well without such extremes. Either way, Missy over Megan anytime! :KEK:
How do you know? Why do you think MC can't lose, who told you that? I'm not even sure he'll get his healing in every ending.

mommysboiii

Engaged Member
Oct 17, 2019
How do you know? Why do you think MC can't lose, who told you that? I'm not even sure he'll get his healing in every ending.
My experince with VN the only game that comes to my mind that is big and not full ntr game

But has a nice balance between drama, other cheracters being better/more attractive ,winning ,losing,emotions,betreyle,friendship.....

Like dfferent path depending on your choice is our red string .... its 1 game .... that trys to be more mature... different.. :cry: :cry:

Thats why I have such high hope for WIAB and sad of patreon :cry: :cry:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
My experince with VN the only game that comes to my mind that is big and not full ntr game

But has a nice balance between drama, other cheracters being better/more attractive ,winning ,losing,emotions,betreyle,friendship.....

Like dfferent path depending on your choice is our red string .... its 1 game .... that trys to be more mature... different.. :cry: :cry:

Thats why I have such high hope for WIAB and sad of patreon :cry: :cry:
The thing is, we've barely been introduced to the characters, we've had a few teenage dramas (the handcuffs, the Holgerson plot) but we really have no idea how Melanie fits in. Darkness comes from someone who wants to stab Victoria's eyes out, who tried to drown her. Vic already has to deal with the idea of being a cripple, but she also has to wonder about Melanie, there is definite foreshadowing there. The sadness of Nia is heartbreaking. Nami's past is dark, Nika has the violent incident to come to light still. Jeff recognises Nika's sad eyes because he's had something bad happen too. Mila's been abused to the point she flinches. Sasha is scarred and takes medication for panic attacks herself. Bella's totally a stable person in all this, who loves being wild and chaotic. Melanie's sister is unhinged and probably happy to ignore the book.

There's plenty of opportunity for drama and failure. But keep aware that even in the darkest stories it's rare to have something end on a complete downer like Empire Strikes Back, or the Unholy Consult. Few people can accept a true failure for the main character. Pure existentialism doesn't sell well. Just as you wish for the victory to be meaningful in contrast with the risk of defeat, the risk of defeat is only meaningful as an obstruction to success. Where there is no success, being grim and doomy is just as terrible writing.

But even then, this is just one kind of story. There are plenty of ways to establish drama and weighty consequence without risk of failure. Oedipus Rex is a great example of that. The inward journey of self discovery, facing ourselves in the mirror is also perilous, because we risk ourselves against the security of apathy. This is primarily the story that Nika faces. Will be deal honestly enough to become a better person, face his flaws that led to Summer being gone? Or will he repeat the problems, or never leave that safe nest of apathy?

Nika acting as a manwhore could turn off some of the LI's. They might not want much to do with him, and might be content not having a romance. People can reject someone and stay single - the love interests don't need to have partners, they could just gravitate to flings and experiment. Nika might fail to establish a sustainable romance, and they rip his heart out callously.

There's so much potential for drama, all that is required is to avoid the cliche's

mommysboiii

Engaged Member
Oct 17, 2019
Few people can accept a true failure for the main character. Pure existentialism doesn't sell well. Just as you wish for the victory to be meaningful in contrast with the risk of defeat, the risk of defeat is only meaningful as an obstruction to success. Where there is no success, being grim and doomy is just as terrible writing.
This is why i mentioned our red string as only one ( your mc can overcome his fears but also fail) ....

My dream game of ocean ( maybe its WIAB) would be a high quality VN

Where you have like vanilla ,ntr and maybe even harem ( more like seduction and trouples) elements MIXED but not as a main them

For example you have a romantic build up like bella ( one of best build ups in VN) but it can be taken away from you

You have antagonist/rivals maybe even better than you but you can overgrow them with cheracter growth or lose depending on choices

You dont have full harem but there are options for seduction .... like cheracters that are hard to ressist and you try to stay loyal but the tempt you .....with seduction...

So you can mix all this elements together and make a amazing story and I think our red string achives this to a exstant ...not perfect but definitly in right direction without bring a full vanilla ,harem or ntr game were you already know how it wil end.....

And our red string has like huge amount of path...

Reactions: LHDLLB

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
2. Fluid content. So after five years you still haven't realized that this isn't a finished book in a gift cover but a work in progress, alpha version, early access, draft script, yada yada... unfinished work that can be changed? The fact that most authors prefer not to change anything while they are working on their scripts or visuals, even if they are not happy with the result, does not mean that this is a rule and that everyone should follow it.
As an artist, Ocean can change any part of the plot whenever he wants. Only Ocean doesn't understand what can be cut and changed and what can't. He cut out all the porn scenes in the adult game and removed all the characters' individuality, which was created by Regium. This is a really stupid thing to do, don't you think?
You wrote that the authors prefer not to change the script, do you know why? Because if they start a global remake like Ocean, it will be a completely different game, and not the one that the fans loved. That's why Ocean's fans are leaving Patreon and even Steam can't make up for their loss. Therefore, it is very important for Ocean not to screw up when Chapter 1 of Season 2 comes out. This chapter should be more interesting and dynamic than in the first season, everyone is tired of meaningless dialogues and lack of action after 5 years.

Sevir231

Jun 1, 2020
I played this game a very long time ago and downloaded it recently again. I am somewhat aware that the dev edited scenes for when it went onto steam. I see that there have been some patches and mods that people have provided, and I have installed them, but why are so many images still missing? I am seeing a lot of dialogue (mostly with Nami so far) but they have no images with them. Am I missing something/ is there a way to view this game in its completion? Sorry if this has been asked before, as I am sure it has been, and thanks for any insight and help.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
As an artist, Ocean can change any part of the plot whenever he wants. Only Ocean doesn't understand what can be cut and changed and what can't. He cut out all the porn scenes in the adult game and removed all the characters' individuality, which was created by Regium. This is a really stupid thing to do, don't you think?
You wrote that the authors prefer not to change the script, do you know why? Because if they start a global remake like Ocean, it will be a completely different game, and not the one that the fans loved. That's why Ocean's fans are leaving Patreon and even Steam can't make up for their loss. Therefore, it is very important for Ocean not to screw up when Chapter 1 of Season 2 comes out. This chapter should be more interesting and dynamic than in the first season, everyone is tired of meaningless dialogues and lack of action after 5 years.
Q: "Who created the game? Regium or Ocean?" A: "Ocean created the game and the only part Regium had was to render the visuals of Chapter 1."

Secondly, Even if it was painful, the remake was long overdue. The gap in render and writing was too high and needed to be made equal.
This is a bet Ocean took and we'll see how it goes. He's steam sales did well and patreon/subscribestar is doing well all thing considered. S2EP1 is going to be big, and will set us back to a 4-6 months release.

I understand the point of view of people who are disappointed, but what some don't seem to understand, is that before the end of a season, the game is WIP. Therefore, prompt to change. For example, I can say that I disliked the change about MC being less edgy. That the “dark/light” variables were trashed. But it balances out because MC is still an asshole, and his path toward healing is well written.

And last thing, Ocean said from the very beginning, hell there's even a splashscreen telling you to basically quit the game if you're here for sex, because the game is not sexual in nature. But has adult elements. You can't play victim, complaining that the game cheated you because there's no sex.

In this site, 95% of game are sex oriented, and too few are story oriented.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I played this game a very long time ago and downloaded it recently again. I am somewhat aware that the dev edited scenes for when it went onto steam. I see that there have been some patches and mods that people have provided, and I have installed them, but why are so many images still missing? I am seeing a lot of dialogue (mostly with Nami so far) but they have no images with them. Am I missing something/ is there a way to view this game in its completion? Sorry if this has been asked before, as I am sure it has been, and thanks for any insight and help.
A lot of the mods/patches are incompatible. Lewdpatcher only works with the beta for example, not with season 1. Som walkthrough mods are the same. Choose one mod that does what you want (the uncut mod seems the most fully fatured) and use only what you choose.

Keep in mind that third party mods might break your saves for season 2 - there is no guarantee that the sames will work if the script is altered.

Reactions: vampires69'in

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I'm only to the point where Nia tells Cheeto about shaving her pubic hair, so I don't guess I'm very far. Haven't even met the girl with the scar yet.

I don't get where people are calling Bella a bitch. To me, she's just misunderstood and acts out because she is accused of anything that happens around her anyway, so she feels that she might as well do it. Everyone does it. Including her own mother. She is emotionally scarred. I bet, what ever happened to the girl in her photo (some of y'all say it is her sister) was probably and accident, but her mom and everyone blamed her for it.

What Bella needs is someone to take her close, hold her, and tell her that he is there for her and he believes in her. I think that is what the MC can do for her.

I know what it's like. I was a lot like Bella when I was younger. Got blamed for stuff I didn't do. So I would do it, since I'd get blamed anyway.

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes