vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean, we see them both in the same animation, they are shown as two separate people. We haven't had a single instance where a person has shown mental trauma as an externalised vision/phantom. We also know that there is a sister from the painting shown earlier. It's also not Bella's mental game, because she's talking to Nika. I also think what we've seen of Bella can be easily explained by trauma without needing multiple personalities.

I certainly agree Melanie is an interesting and important character to the plot, it'll be interesting to see what Ocean does with her.

Well, they're all now Nick, Zara and Vanessa's roomies! Everyone is 1 degree of separation from a roomie! :sneaky:

I honestly just mentally translate what I think the case is (from playing too many AVNs), it's like reading sheet music while playing guitar in drop D and having to transpose on the fly.
giphy (5).gif

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
Landlady, roommates... So, the MC's antigravity haircut doesn't bother you at all? Or the unnatural muscle growth in a day? :KEK:
It's less ridiculous than landlady's and roomies lol. That's how much I hate that shit lol. His unnatural muscle growth is.... I just roll with it lol. his hair.... I just don't even acknowledge how it or why it works. or how they're having a sleepover within a week of meeting or how Bella and Nika can become soulmates within a week lol. I think even Nadia commented on it, lol. Idunno, there's plenty in this game I don't know how I accept it. I guess I just like what I like regardless of fuckery in this game
:KEK:

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
I'm not sure what you mean, we see them both in the same animation, they are shown as two separate people. We haven't had a single instance where a person has shown mental trauma as an externalised vision/phantom. We also know that there is a sister from the painting shown earlier. It's also not Bella's mental game, because she's talking to Nika. I also think what we've seen of Bella can be easily explained by trauma without needing multiple personalities.

I certainly agree Melanie is an interesting and important character to the plot, it'll be interesting to see what Ocean does with her.

Well, they're all now Nick, Zara and Vanessa's roomies! Everyone is 1 degree of separation from a roomie! :sneaky:

I honestly just mentally translate what I think the case is (from playing too many AVNs), it's like reading sheet music while playing guitar in drop D and having to transpose on the fly.
I think the MC and Zara being roomies is great.

Vanessa, however, strikes me as the creepy roomie who you find standing over you, just staring at you at 3 AM when something woke you from a sound sleep.

Before you can even say a word, she turns and leaves the room, making you wonder if you were dreaming.

Then you remember that you locked the door before you went to sleep and it is now open...

Now, does she visit Nika or Nami first? :eek:

Cheers!! :coffee:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I think the MC and Zara being roomies is great.

Vanessa, however, strikes me as the creepy roomie who you find standing over you, just staring at you at 3 AM when something woke you from a sound sleep.

Before you can even say a word, she turns and leaves the room, making you wonder if you were dreaming.

Then you remember that you locked the door before you went to sleep and it is now open...

Now, does she visit Nika or Nami first? :eek:

Cheers!! :coffee:
You forgot the bit where you look down and realise there's stitches across your stomach and you can't feel your liver... did I fall asleep in the jacuzzi filled with ice??? damn gotta stop Nick sending me more rum seeing I don't have a liver any more.... ohhhh zzzzzzzzz. :KEK:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
It's less ridiculous than landlady's and roomies lol. That's how much I hate that shit lol. His unnatural muscle growth is.... I just roll with it lol. his hair.... I just don't even acknowledge how it or why it works. or how they're having a sleepover within a week of meeting or how Bella and Nika can become soulmates within a week lol. I think even Nadia commented on it, lol. Idunno, there's plenty in this game I don't know how I accept it. I guess I just like what I like regardless of fuckery in this game
:KEK:
I mean...it doesn't help that we've spent the past 3 years of development in like 3 game days... I'm still waiting on the sparring session with Ayua on Sunday. They made plans at the start or middle of the week. It's been 3 years since chapter 2 or 3 came out AND IT'S STILL NOT FUCKING SUNDAY!

Imo, the entire game is one huge "just roll with it" :LOL:

I still like it enough, though. It's not on my top 10, it's not a big priority for me compared to other games but I still enjoy it somewhat and understand that so many others do too. And I have no issue when yossa999 calls it "one of the best stories on this site". I'm sure SG is top 100 in that regard. But we have to admit AVN's don't usually set a high standard for storytelling so it's not that big of an accomplishment.

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
I mean...it doesn't help that we've spent the past 3 years of development in like 3 game days... I'm still waiting on the sparring session with Ayua on Sunday. They made plans at the start or middle of the week. It's been 3 years since chapter 2 or 3 came out AND IT'S STILL NOT FUCKING SUNDAY!

I still like it enough, though. It's not on my top 10, it's not a big priority for me compared to other games but I still enjoy it somewhat and understand that so many others do too. And I have no issue when yossa999 calls it "one of the best stories on this site". I'm sure SG is top 100 in that regard. But we have to admit AVN's don't usually set a high standard for storytelling so it's not that big of an accomplishment.
I roll with it for sanity sakes, lol. And I haven't even been a part of this forum discussion or played the game as long as you guys, lol. Even with all the oddities, the landlady, roomie one fucks me up the most still :KEK:. And I really want to see that Ayua sparring session ;/

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020

Fuck your sparring, I want my cabin therapy session with Amber! :KEK:

When I hear about good storytelling, quality of writing and other crap, I start to feel a little butthurt! :HideThePain:

Metrics, bitches, give me a metric by which you measure whether a story is good or bad. Are you sure it's universal?
I can only come up with something like the ratio of grammatical errors to the volume of text. But personally, I don't give a shit about that.

Every bitch on the internet writes an article every now and then called "The Six Rules of Great Storytelling" or something like that. Even on this fucking site you can find this shit, like the 12-rules-guy's opus. Do you agree with their criteria for a good game?

My "This game has the best story on this site" is as much bullshit as yours "Ocean is a bad storyteller". It's just old good "I like/I hate", nothing objective in that.

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023

srk-love.gif

Last edited:

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Question. Do we get any more on Cheeto's back story? I know her parents died like the MC's. But do we know when? And when she came to live with him and Namji? [I think that's her name].

The way I read it, the MC came to live with her at 3 when they died. Which leads me to believe they are a foster family instead of a regular Landlady/Tenant relationship.

Plus, I'm a sucker for a good back story.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Question. Do we get any more on Cheeto's back story? I know her parents died like the MC's. But do we know when? And when she came to live with him and Namji? [I think that's her name].

The way I read it, the MC came to live with her at 3 when they died. Which leads me to believe they are a foster family instead of a regular Landlady/Tenant relationship.

Plus, I'm a sucker for a good back story.
Nojiko took Nika and Nami in when their parents died in car crashes, when Nika was 3 and Nami was 4 (Nami is a year older). I think that's explained early on, but you can blink and miss it. I'm not really spoiling anything with that. There's a lot of argument over what is intended there. I believe the foster family thing based on the surname, I already posted about this today so I won't double up. As far as to why they're with Noji, there's some interesting thoughts in ch5, but it's all reading between the lines stuff - no one knows the story there yet.

About Cheeto's back story you'll find out more as the story progresses, as we find out more about Nika we find out more about Nami also. Because I don't know how far into season 1 you've gotten, I won't say things directly, other than if you want to find out about Nami, you have to do the things she likes to get all their interactions. If you're on Bella's path doing things with Bella, you'll miss important conversations that give details. This isn't like most AVNs - if you do A, you don't get to do B, and nothing tells you you missed something. But if you do B, Nika doesn't know in game what happened if you do A. So it's worth doing different saves to find out more of the story.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
The Q&A literally says that Regium only rendered chapter 1 dude. Keep up.
Well, I'm not arguing. Regium made the first chapter and part two, where am I wrong? In the old version, you can even see it in the dialogues, which is what I wrote.

It's not a serie, it's a game and a work in progress. The remake was a one time thing and was due to tremendous improvement in render and writing quality. If you go back and play in the early game, it's rough, grainy, and not pleasing to the eyes.
This has been discussed 100 times already. The fact that Ocean bought a new Genesis and improved the image does not make the game better. No one asked him to do this, everyone was against it, because with new renders the meaning of the game changed. If Ocean had simply improved the image without changing the dialogues, I think there would not have been so much negativity.

Why did you decide that the image quality affects anything in AVN? Ocean's images are more beautiful than DPC's, but at the same time he has 10 times fewer patreons. NLT has generally terrible images, but at the same time he also has more patreons than Ocean. If you compare these artists, then only Ocean treats his fans the worst. Maybe this is the problem?

The bet would be lost if he had lost most of his paid patreon member. He did not. His steam did well for a first release. The removing of any spicy picture, regrettable as it is, was forced upon Ocean because of steam and the country he lives in. He already lost the patreon of his other game WIAB, who was terminated because it didn't meet ToS. Now imagine you are a dev, and you lose your patreon and the paid member you had for years over bullshit. Wouldn't you be a little paranoid?

Here's the analytics taking from 2021 to today. Despite the hiccup, the remake, his patreon is still strong, and will keep growing once the SEASON 2 is out. Now, tell me where is the “failure” you are talking about?
Capture d'écran 2024-09-10 014711.png'écran 2024-09-10 014711.png
It doesn't work like that. Even abandoned games have subscribers on Patreon because people buy support for a year straight away and when they leave, their support is still shown.

This is the funniest attempt at deception I've ever seen. :ROFLMAO:You say his Patreon is strong and growing and then you post a picture of his stats that contradicts your words. This is just genius...:KEK:
I'll even highlight the rating drop in red on the chart.
Capture_decran_2024-09-10_014711.png

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Nojiko took Nika and Nami in when their parents died in car crashes, when Nika was 3 and Nami was 4 (Nami is a year older). I think that's explained early on, but you can blink and miss it. I'm not really spoiling anything with that. There's a lot of argument over what is intended there. I believe the foster family thing based on the surname, I already posted about this today so I won't double up. As far as to why they're with Noji, there's some interesting thoughts in ch5, but it's all reading between the lines stuff - no one knows the story there yet.

About Cheeto's back story you'll find out more as the story progresses, as we find out more about Nika we find out more about Nami also. Because I don't know how far into season 1 you've gotten, I won't say things directly, other than if you want to find out about Nami, you have to do the things she likes to get all their interactions. If you're on Bella's path doing things with Bella, you'll miss important conversations that give details. This isn't like most AVNs - if you do A, you don't get to do B, and nothing tells you you missed something. But if you do B, Nika doesn't know in game what happened if you do A. So it's worth doing different saves to find out more of the story.
Alright. Thanks for the help. I don't care if someone spoils something for me. As I'll still play. But thank you for giving me the heads up about some of this.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Alright. Thanks for the help. I don't care if someone spoils something for me. As I'll still play. But thank you for giving me the heads up about some of this.
The joy of the game for me is when you find out something, you realise and things click into place. Ocean is pretty careful about when he lets the player know important things, and even if you don't mind the spoiler, I wouldn't want you to lose the moments with my words which don't have pretty renders :)

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
They are. Do you really think an Asian woman
Since the start of development back in 2019, Nojiko has always been their mothers best friend who adopted them after their parents died in a car crash (Or at least that's what they've always been told about their parents :illuminati: ).
is blood related with a tanned green eyed man, who is related to a pale skinned redhead?
Well, that can easily be explained by the plain and simple effect of recessive genes. as all recessive genes can be "hidden" for several generations along the bloodline until they meet redhead genes from another parent. That explanation is plausible and happens often enough IRL. And pale skin with freckles comes with the red hair, caused by the same gene mutation.

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes