Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
I'm only to the point where Nia tells Cheeto about shaving her pubic hair, so I don't guess I'm very far. Haven't even met the girl with the scar yet.

I don't get where people are calling Bella a bitch. To me, she's just misunderstood and acts out because she is accused of anything that happens around her anyway, so she feels that she might as well do it. Everyone does it. Including her own mother. She is emotionally scarred. I bet, what ever happened to the girl in her photo (some of y'all say it is her sister) was probably and accident, but her mom and everyone blamed her for it.

What Bella needs is someone to take her close, hold her, and tell her that he is there for her and he believes in her. I think that is what the MC can do for her.

I know what it's like. I was a lot like Bella when I was younger. Got blamed for stuff I didn't do. So I would do it, since I'd get blamed anyway.
Based. Keep playing, it's not just what happen to her sister.

Reactions: Lewdguy123

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
I respect his choice but there will never be a good story this way and we all know ocean is a perfectionist .....

I dont know a single big VN that was able to create a good story with this much limitations

The only believable drama (bad ending ) that you could maybe creat is woman catfight which one gets mc dick ... but thats not the perfectionistic story I would espect from ocean ....

I will wait and see what ocean will come up with or if he will just do the same like the big other VN that go the same direction

At least WIAB has potential hope we get this cyberpunk edgerunner vibe / feel with WIAB at least ...because I need a big VN that actually is upredictable a d gets the story / drama/ dark thems / emotions / jeliousy/ betrayle .... and so on right you know the things you nedd to creat a good story ...

(And btw I hate 99% of ntr games ... the predeictable thing goes in both directions most ntr games have terrible story aswell and are very pretictable story wise so NO I dont want turn SG into full NTR gane neather WIAB....)
You said:

'there will never be a good story this way'

I disagree.

I feel like this is a good story and I enjoy it.

Why would so many of us stay if the story sucked?

Just because it is not the story You want does not make it a bad story.

You said in a prior post: 'you already know MC will win and that you can pick any scenario and come out as winner....'

I also like the John Wick movies... and yes - John Wick always survives... ;)

He goes through hell but lives for the next movie.

Nika is a guy who has gone through hell - but we did not see it.

We are only seeing snippets of his past, like the injury where both lungs collapsed, as part of how he relates to the present or old memories that surface because of present day triggers.

This is the first image we see when we boot up Summers Gone:

zSG_OpeningImage.png

My impression is you feel like Summers Gone would be a much better story if it could just ignore some of the healing, leave in more of the psychological and physical obstacles and Not be the story Ocean is now telling.

I just don't see Ocean making the changes you are asking for and ignoring the very premise that underlies Nika's story and journey.

He's going to be like John Wick - he'll overcome the odds and be in every season that comes.

Who he ends up with and how he gets there is the story I am here to enjoy!

Cheers!! :coffee:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Q: "Who created the game? Regium or Ocean?" A: "Ocean created the game and the only part Regium had was to render the visuals of Chapter 1."
As far as I know, the idea of creating SG belongs to Ocean, and its direction, dialogues and drawings were done by Regium. It is easy to notice their different styles, Regium tried to fit as much information about the game, characters and the world as possible into a small number of words and actions, but he could not draw well. Ocean does everything the other way around, he tries to stretch out all the dialogues, he has a lot of boring chatter, but he makes good renders.

Secondly, Even if it was painful, the remake was long overdue. The gap in render and writing was too high and needed to be made equal.
Tell me, would you watch the series if it was constantly being remade? I don't think so. Are there any series that have been remade? Of course there are. And how many of these series have been successful? None, no one likes remakes. Although I don't think that will stop Ocean.
This is a bet Ocean took and we'll see how it goes. He's steam sales did well and patreon/subscribestar is doing well all thing considered. S2EP1 is going to be big, and will set us back to a 4-6 months release.
We can already see that Ocean's bet has lost. It was predictable. Ocean got a small hit on Steam, and if he hadn't cut and censored the footage, he would have earned much more. Remember what happened to DPC when he put his game on Steam? His fan base on Patreon grew incredibly. And what happened to Ocean after Steam? People keep leaving Patreon. I don't understand what good you could see here?

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
As far as I know, the idea of creating SG belongs to Ocean, and its direction, dialogues and drawings were done by Regium. It is easy to notice their different styles, Regium tried to fit as much information about the game, characters and the world as possible into a small number of words and actions, but he could not draw well. Ocean does everything the other way around, he tries to stretch out all the dialogues, he has a lot of boring chatter, but he makes good renders.
The Q&A literally says that Regium only rendered chapter 1 dude. Keep up.

Tell me, would you watch the series if it was constantly being remade? I don't think so. Are there any series that have been remade? Of course there are. And how many of these series have been successful? None, no one likes remakes. Although I don't think that will stop Ocean.
It's not a serie, it's a game and a work in progress. The remake was a one time thing and was due to tremendous improvement in render and writing quality. If you go back and play in the early game, it's rough, grainy, and not pleasing to the eyes. Bella look like a heroin addict. If you went from this, to the render we have now, the disparity would be too big. The remake had to be done. And no one like remake you say? How many AAA games have been remade in recent years and were successful?

We can already see that Ocean's bet has lost. It was predictable. Ocean got a small hit on Steam, and if he hadn't cut and censored the footage, he would have earned much more. Remember what happened to DPC when he put his game on Steam? His fan base on Patreon grew incredibly. And what happened to Ocean after Steam? People keep leaving Patreon. I don't understand what good you could see here?
The bet would be lost if he had lost most of his paid patreon member. He did not. His steam did well for a first release. The removing of any spicy picture, regrettable as it is, was forced upon Ocean because of steam and the country he lives in. He already lost the patreon of his other game WIAB, who was terminated because it didn't meet ToS. Now imagine you are a dev, and you lose your patreon and the paid member you had for years over bullshit. Wouldn't you be a little paranoid?

Here's the analytics taking from 2021 to today. Despite the hiccup, the remake, his patreon is still strong, and will keep growing once the SEASON 2 is out. Now, tell me where is the “failure” you are talking about? Capture d'écran 2024-09-10 014711.png

And last thing. Don't compare DPC to any dev. Badik has been hailed for a long time as the king of AVNs. DPC is literally a millionaire. This is not a fucking race.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
This is why i mentioned our red string as only one ( your mc can overcome his fears but also fail) ....

My dream game of ocean ( maybe its WIAB) would be a high quality VN

Where you have like vanilla ,ntr and maybe even harem ( more like seduction and trouples) elements MIXED but not as a main them

For example you have a romantic build up like bella ( one of best build ups in VN) but it can be taken away from you

You have antagonist/rivals maybe even better than you but you can overgrow them with cheracter growth or lose depending on choices

You dont have full harem but there are options for seduction .... like cheracters that are hard to ressist and you try to stay loyal but the tempt you .....with seduction...

So you can mix all this elements together and make a amazing story and I think our red string achives this to a exstant ...not perfect but definitly in right direction without bring a full vanilla ,harem or ntr game were you already know how it wil end.....

And our red string has like huge amount of path...
I mean I get what you're saying, but here you've listed sex and relationships are the only tangent for drama and plot. Currently Ocean has two games where sex doesn't drive the plot. WiaB has Helen's accident, even in the old version, this wasjust a fact of the game world that needed to be discovered. SG we have Nika learning to let go of trauma. Relationship is important to that, but not everyone has to fight a level 16 rival cuckfiend with thick skin to get the lewdtbox. Some people do go through life without that level of drama. If you don't consider the drama thats already present sufficient, its because you want a different story. Well, that's what WiaB does, or another game. We play the stories that the devs want to tell, we can't force the devs to tell our stories.

The reason devs can't tell our stories is we want to be surprised. We already know the story we want to play, so it'll be a let down or just 'ok' if we ever get what we want. Thats why every dev who has held polls ends up diluting their story to please the majority.

If you want a strong, unique story, you need to let the dev cook up something that won't tick all you boxes (because it is so unlikely they'll have identical tastes or have the identical life experiences) but will offer something surprising, a window into different thoughts, different perspectives. MOst of the drama I adore in SG and WiaB is in the facial expressions. Zara looking at NIka when he trusts her, Sasha's little smile, close ups of WIlliam's face when he realises how much he fucked up and can't fix... these things are what keep me interested, and they can hit hard because I don't know what will happen next. The surprise of the emotions and moments is worthwhile to me.

IN this sense the plot advances to allow these emotional realisations. Sure sex can advance the character development, but the vast majority of stories in the world aren't 18+ and people love them. There's a middle ground I think where Ocean doesn't intend a cliche sex romp AVN but he doesn't do a vanilla teenage tissue drama either.

The big kicker for me is I actually care what Nika does to Nami's feelings, whether he respects Nia, whether he forgives Robin, etc. I care that William gets upset when he has to tell Daphne he's relocating to Wollust, when Katie and Leia's barbs sink in. SO far these are all things that happen with or without romance - they are an integral part of the story. We also have relationship drama in built as I've mentioned with Mario and with Bella, as well as the MMF throuple at very least. Now imagine Nika is the undisputed winner - what if he wins Bella because he allows himself to be beaten up and hospitalised, Bella pulls her gun on the racer bois? That's dramatic. I'd still care about the story, I'd feel surprised. Danger doesn't have to have a bad outcome to be convincing, most action movies prove people are fine with a known plot outcome of the hero surviving. I still love Indiana Jones, Terminator, Star Wars etc.

There will never be a game that matches my preferred kinks 100% and I'm okay with that. More than anything I want devs to surprise me with meaningful and impactful stories. Ocean is doing well for me so far, but stories are personal, not everyone is triggered by the same things.

The Q&A literally says that Regium only rendered chapter 1 dude. Keep up.

It's not a serie, it's a game and a work in progress. The remake was a one time thing and was due to tremendous improvement in render and writing quality. If you go back and play in the early game, it's rough, grainy, and not pleasing to the eyes. Bella look like a heroin addict. If you went from this, to the render we have now, the disparity would be too big. The remake had to be done. And no one like remake you say? How many AAA games have been remade in recent years and were successful?

The bet would be lost if he had lost most of his paid patreon member. He did not. His steam did well for a first release. The removing of any spicy picture, regrettable as it is, was forced upon Ocean because of steam and the country he lives in. He already lost the patreon of his other game WIAB, who was terminated because it didn't meet ToS. Now imagine you are a dev, and you lose your patreon and the paid member you had for years over bullshit. Wouldn't you be a little paranoid?

Here's the analytics taking from 2021 to today. Despite the hiccup, the remake, his patreon is still strong, and will keep growing once the SEASON 2 is out. Now, tell me where is the “failure” you are talking about? View attachment 4017658

And last thing. Don't compare DPC to any dev. Badik has been hailed for a long time as the king of AVNs. DPC is literally a millionaire. This is not a fucking race.
Alex keeps prophesying Ocean's downfall, hoping he'll be right one day. Chances are Ocean will outlive me because he's younger and I'll get to see more of the games I enjoy.

The more pertinent question is why did Regium leave his #1 most devoted fan alone, give the game back to Ocean and go back to a regular 9-5? Why isn't Regium giving us dark edgy stories any more? Oh that's right, because he just ....doesn't want to make any AVNs and wants a stable income. Ancient history by now, Regium is tagged ABANDONED. We're what, 4 years years later and we still have people in denial that Regium abandoned them. Ocean's still going strong though, as you say. Good times! :coffee::whistle:

Last edited:

warheadd

Jan 28, 2021
I mean I get what you're saying, but here you've listed sex and relationships are the only tangent for drama and plot. Currently Ocean has two games where sex doesn't drive the plot. WiaB has Helen's accident, even in the old version, this wasjust a fact of the game world that needed to be discovered. SG we have Nika learning to let go of trauma. Relationship is important to that, but not everyone has to fight a level 16 rival cuckfiend with thick skin to get the lewdtbox. Some people do go through life without that level of drama. If you don't consider the drama thats already present sufficient, its because you want a different story. Well, that's what WiaB does, or another game. We play the stories that the devs want to tell, we can't force the devs to tell our stories.

The reason devs can't tell our stories is we want to be surprised. We already know the story we want to play, so it'll be a let down or just 'ok' if we ever get what we want. Thats why every dev who has held polls ends up diluting their story to please the majority.

If you want a strong, unique story, you need to let the dev cook up something that won't tick all you boxes (because it is so unlikely they'll have identical tastes or have the identical life experiences) but will offer something surprising, a window into different thoughts, different perspectives. MOst of the drama I adore in SG and WiaB is in the facial expressions. Zara looking at NIka when he trusts her, Sasha's little smile, close ups of WIlliam's face when he realises how much he fucked up and can't fix... these things are what keep me interested, and they can hit hard because I don't know what will happen next. The surprise of the emotions and moments is worthwhile to me.

IN this sense the plot advances to allow these emotional realisations. Sure sex can advance the character development, but the vast majority of stories in the world aren't 18+ and people love them. There's a middle ground I think where Ocean doesn't intend a cliche sex romp AVN but he doesn't do a vanilla teenage tissue drama either.

The big kicker for me is I actually care what Nika does to Nami's feelings, whether he respects Nia, whether he forgives Robin, etc. I care that William gets upset when he has to tell Daphne he's relocating to Wollust, when Katie and Leia's barbs sink in. SO far these are all things that happen with or without romance - they are an integral part of the story. We also have relationship drama in built as I've mentioned with Mario and with Bella, as well as the MMF throuple at very least. Now imagine Nika is the undisputed winner - what if he wins Bella because he allows himself to be beaten up and hospitalised, Bella pulls her gun on the racer bois? That's dramatic. I'd still care about the story, I'd feel surprised. Danger doesn't have to have a bad outcome to be convincing, most action movies prove people are fine with a known plot outcome of the hero surviving. I still love Indiana Jones, Terminator, Star Wars etc.

There will never be a game that matches my preferred kinks 100% and I'm okay with that. More than anything I want devs to surprise me with meaningful and impactful stories. Ocean is doing well for me so far, but stories are personal, not everyone is triggered by the same things.

Alex keeps prophesying Ocean's downfall, hoping he'll be right one day. Chances are Ocean will outlive me because he's younger and I'll get to see more of the games I enjoy.

The more pertinent question is why did Regium leave his #1 most devoted fan alone, give the game back to Ocean and go back to a regular 9-5? Why isn't Regium giving us dark edgy stories any more? Oh that's right, because he just ....doesn't want to make any AVNs and wants a stable income. Ancient history by now, Regium is tagged ABANDONED. We're what, 4 years years later and we still have people in denial that Regium abandoned them. Ocean's still going strong though, as you say. Good times! :coffee::whistle:
So Summers Gone used to be developed by Regium and Ocean was their helper, and one day they just quit and Ocean became the main and only developer for the game?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
So Summers Gone used to be developed by Regium and Ocean was their helper, and one day they just quit and Ocean became the main and only developer for the game?
Nope, SG was Ocean's game, he was going to do it after he'd finished WiaB, but allowed Regium to start development on it because Regium didn't have a story. Regium gave up after 1 chapter, and Ocean even tried to keep the co-devlopment thing alive while doing Regium's part as well as his own. SG's always been Ocean's story.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Gawd, I'm so glad that SG is nothing like ORS and I hope never will be.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The guy says that, as if ORS is a complicated management game. That bastard has to be pretty bad to fail at that, if he really wants to handle something complicated then let him play crussader kings 2. :KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The game is not for everyone, but it's not the worst thing in the world either.:BootyTime:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
They are clearly at the very least step siblings, and Nojiko is their guardian or stepmother. No damned "landlady" would be paying the bills for a tenant. Nor treating them the way Nojiko does.
Clearly? At least? Nothing is clear other than Ocean hasn't clarified. My take is that Noji was intended as an adopted parent, and it's possible they are step siblings. But equally likely is that Noji is their foster parent, whether formally or informally. If informally, that would explain Jenna's comment about Noji having "done the right thing". ie if Noji has done all this off the books, out of loyalty to Nika and Nami's parents, whoever they are, that would explain why a doctor is poor, raising two kids with no partner and no sweet govt kickbacks. Saying Noji "did the right thing" is a really, really weird comment which I'm sure we'll find out more about. Especially the way Ocean zooms in on Jenna's eye right after as she keeps the secret of what Noji did. If it was just a simple explanation, Ocean wouldn't need this setup in the bookclub. This implies it's far more of a drama that is really part of the story, and Ocean's clumsy fumbling with Noji's surname is him trying to work out the best way to tell that part.

And yes patreon made it hard, but there's no indication Noji was ever married that I can recall, she's looked after Nika and Nami since they were 3 and 4, they'd know about any photos of ex husbands in the 15 years they've lived with her. Nika recalls his mums voice reading to him... Basically we really know nothing other than they live with Noji and she is their undefined caregiver, and her surname is Miyazaki, not Cyrus. This means most likely foster parent/guardian. We don't even know if Nami's surname is Cyrus, only that Nika's is - you can check the script for that easily. This is just all we have to really go on, and it's not much.

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
Clearly? At least? Nothing is clear other than Ocean hasn't clarified. My take is that Noji was intended as an adopted parent, and it's possible they are step siblings. But equally likely is that Noji is their foster parent, whether formally or informally. If informally, that would explain Jenna's comment about Noji having "done the right thing". ie if Noji has done all this off the books, out of loyalty to Nika and Nami's parents, whoever they are, that would explain why a doctor is poor, raising two kids with no partner and no sweet govt kickbacks. Saying Noji "did the right thing" is a really, really weird comment which I'm sure we'll find out more about. Especially the way Ocean zooms in on Jenna's eye right after as she keeps the secret of what Noji did. If it was just a simple explanation, Ocean wouldn't need this setup in the bookclub. This implies it's far more of a drama that is really part of the story, and Ocean's clumsy fumbling with Noji's surname is him trying to work out the best way to tell that part.

And yes patreon made it hard, but there's no indication Noji was ever married that I can recall, she's looked after Nika and Nami since they were 3 and 4, they'd know about any photos of ex husbands in the 15 years they've lived with her. Nika recalls his mums voice reading to him... Basically we really know nothing other than they live with Noji and she is their undefined caregiver, and her surname is Miyazaki, not Cyrus. This means most likely foster parent/guardian. We don't even know if Nami's surname is Cyrus, only that Nika's is - you can check the script for that easily. This is just all we have to really go on, and it's not much.
Well spotted! Strange things happen when you read the author's story instead of listening to the voices in your head or arguments on a forum. :KEK:

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
The thing is, we've barely been introduced to the characters, we've had a few teenage dramas (the handcuffs, the Holgerson plot) but we really have no idea how Melanie fits in. Darkness comes from someone who wants to stab Victoria's eyes out, who tried to drown her. Vic already has to deal with the idea of being a cripple, but she also has to wonder about Melanie, there is definite foreshadowing there. The sadness of Nia is heartbreaking. Nami's past is dark, Nika has the violent incident to come to light still. Jeff recognises Nika's sad eyes because he's had something bad happen too. Mila's been abused to the point she flinches. Sasha is scarred and takes medication for panic attacks herself. Bella's totally a stable person in all this, who loves being wild and chaotic. Melanie's sister is unhinged and probably happy to ignore the book.

There's plenty of opportunity for drama and failure. But keep aware that even in the darkest stories it's rare to have something end on a complete downer like Empire Strikes Back, or the Unholy Consult. Few people can accept a true failure for the main character. Pure existentialism doesn't sell well. Just as you wish for the victory to be meaningful in contrast with the risk of defeat, the risk of defeat is only meaningful as an obstruction to success. Where there is no success, being grim and doomy is just as terrible writing.

But even then, this is just one kind of story. There are plenty of ways to establish drama and weighty consequence without risk of failure. Oedipus Rex is a great example of that. The inward journey of self discovery, facing ourselves in the mirror is also perilous, because we risk ourselves against the security of apathy. This is primarily the story that Nika faces. Will be deal honestly enough to become a better person, face his flaws that led to Summer being gone? Or will he repeat the problems, or never leave that safe nest of apathy?

Nika acting as a manwhore could turn off some of the LI's. They might not want much to do with him, and might be content not having a romance. People can reject someone and stay single - the love interests don't need to have partners, they could just gravitate to flings and experiment. Nika might fail to establish a sustainable romance, and they rip his heart out callously.

There's so much potential for drama, all that is required is to avoid the cliche's
Melanie fits perfectly into the plot. I remember earlier I wrote that Bella looks like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. So at the end of Part 5, we were shown not Bella and her sister, but her two faces: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. And Bella, Amber's daughter, is the girl who sleeps. And the "adequate Bella" who likes to be wild and chaotic is Mr. Hyde. You remember what Mr. Hyde did, right? But Bella wasn't always like that. So where did Mr. Hyde come from?

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019

the point is they aren't "roomies" and she's no landlady

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019

Mind you, I'll admit that this is my conjecture. but this landlady roomie nonsense is patreon fuckery. next season she'll probably be called their study buddy this point :KEK:

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Melanie fits perfectly into the plot. I remember earlier I wrote that Bella looks like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. So at the end of Part 5, we were shown not Bella and her sister, but her two faces: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. And Bella, Amber's daughter, is the girl who sleeps. And the "adequate Bella" who likes to be wild and chaotic is Mr. Hyde. You remember what Mr. Hyde did, right? But Bella wasn't always like that. So where did Mr. Hyde come from?
I'm not sure what you mean, we see them both in the same animation, they are shown as two separate people. We haven't had a single instance where a person has shown mental trauma as an externalised vision/phantom. We also know that there is a sister from the painting shown earlier. It's also not Bella's mental game, because she's talking to Nika. I also think what we've seen of Bella can be easily explained by trauma without needing multiple personalities.

I certainly agree Melanie is an interesting and important character to the plot, it'll be interesting to see what Ocean does with her.

the point is they aren't "roomies" and she's no landlady
Well, they're all now Nick, Zara and Vanessa's roomies! Everyone is 1 degree of separation from a roomie! :sneaky:

I honestly just mentally translate what I think the case is (from playing too many AVNs), it's like reading sheet music while playing guitar in drop D and having to transpose on the fly.

4.30 star(s) 524 Votes